Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 2, 2017 7:38 PM

Apr 2015
I got distracted during Yajiro's story by the fact that he turned into a train. "What does turning into a train feel like? I mean, having your body change like that, having wheels...shit, I wanna be a tanuki. Oh wait it's serious story time."

I still don't feel like Yajiro should feel as much blame as he does on himself for his father's death. He didn't even really 'abandon' him, did he? I mean, his drunk father was seemingly riding him one second (that sounds really wrong but it's what happened!) and then he just disappeared.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 10, 2017 4:15 PM

Jan 2014
Who was cutting all these damn onions?

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 7, 2017 12:20 AM

Mar 2015
Looks like everything finally came to light about the dad's death.. many feels
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 17, 2017 7:36 PM

Jan 2015
This episode was beautiful, really amazing
Dec 20, 2017 4:45 PM

Sep 2011
That was pretty sad :(
I still can't blame Yajirou, people don't think straigth when they are drunk :/ And there still might be some more to that night, that we don't yet know about.

I wonder what that place (the other end of the bar) was supposed to be when their father met with Sensei. Perhaps some kind of a place between this life and the next one? But then what was Sensei doing there?

Also, show us Kaisei already! >.>
RazielZeroDec 20, 2017 4:48 PM
Jan 23, 2018 9:37 PM

Oct 2017
Holy shit, I never expect a semi comedy slice of life will make me cry.

The feels man...
That build up and layer of presentation.
P.A work is really good at this (tears)

May 20, 2018 6:33 PM

Sep 2013
So, that was his ghost or something?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Oct 22, 2019 1:18 PM

Sep 2018
I didn't like this episode that much, I won't argue that it's not a good episode, because technically it is, but it just made me uncomfortable. Placing shame on the brother for something that was basically out of his control just because he happened to be with him that night is unfair, I know such things are simply part of japanese culture but I still don't like it.
Oct 22, 2019 1:37 PM

Sep 2018
Ventus_S said:
Holy shit, I never expect a semi comedy slice of life will make me cry.

The feels man...
That build up and layer of presentation.
P.A work is really good at this (tears)

Not sure why you wouldn't be expecting it, it's an anime about a family dealing with the death of their father, that was pretty evident from the start.
Feb 24, 2020 3:30 PM

Nov 2016
Uff, this one pulled at my heart strings. Gotta love the way they depicted the family bond, especially how the dialogue was written, felt like it doubled the impact just by implementing the right words.

Watched the ending for the third time and still getting the feels
5/5 ;_;

FMmatronFeb 24, 2020 3:38 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 26, 2020 4:48 PM

May 2016
Masterpiece of an episode, the amount of feeling I got from this one was unimaginably great.
Mar 31, 2021 3:03 PM

Aug 2016
Man, so their father's passing affected them a lot more than previously shown.
Interesting and heartbreaking episode.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Oct 6, 2021 9:45 PM

Jul 2016
Resonance said:
This episode was beautiful, really amazing

Beautiul music throughout really helped with the emotional scenes.
Jun 2, 2022 9:06 AM

Sep 2015
I'm rewatching the series after some years. I always loved it, gave it a 9 at that time.
But you know what, this episode made me realize this show deserves a 10.

Simply incredible
Jan 30, 2023 11:23 AM

Jan 2021
It's 2 AM here and I'm crying. This is the most beautiful episode I've watched in the past few months. Oh my... I couldn't hold back my tears when his mom said that she already knew and asked Yaichirou not to blame everything on Yajirou. Really... it was amazing. Shimogamo's mom is so incredibly sincere and gracious. I would put her in my top 3 best moms.

I really appreciate Yaichirou as the eldest brother in these last two episodes. The burden and pressure... especially having such a great father figure... I can't and won't imagine :")

On the one hand, Yajirou felt like he was useless in all his life, especially since he's the second child, I don't know how to explain it but seeing him have an older brother who inherited his father's leadership nature was probably enough to make him feel left behind. After all, even though it wasn't his fault but he was the last child to meet the father before his father was eaten by humans. Can you imagine how he felt? He let go of everything because he felt that everything was meaningless. There was no point in him staying as a tanuki. It was all suffocating!

Now what we need to know is why did his father just give himself up to be eaten by humans? I mean he was the greatest tanuki. The leader.

Uh this is really sad. Yajirou's last moment with his father was so sweet, I couldn't take it :") and I liked Yasaburou's inner thoughts at the end, it was brilliant. I also felt grateful for Yasaburou since second ep, like.. he is the one who put the balance between them. It's all because of his personality and attitude (that he got from his father).

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2013

83 by blinddig »»
Mar 8, 1:54 AM

Poll: » Do you think the series will get a s3?

Vamp_Lord - Oct 28, 2023

4 by InNeedOfAName »»
Oct 30, 2023 6:30 AM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2013

95 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 10, 2023 6:26 AM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2013

104 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 10, 2023 5:25 AM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2013

105 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 9, 2023 4:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.