Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 25, 2013 5:33 AM

Dec 2012
Unlike some previous episodes, I think they didn't animate the action scene pretty well...
And rather than doing that, they chose to waste 2 minutes in the beggining with unnecessary recap, what the hell...
Aug 25, 2013 5:39 AM

Jul 2013
CEMPUNK said:
well I guess everyone can predict how the series is gonna end, I havent read the manga but Im pretty sure with all that they've shown its pretty clear whats gonna happen.

I would be glad to prove you wrong. Still would like to hear what you will say though, so share with your anime only perspective.

Wasn't as bad as I expected. Not that I expected it to be bad, but some people here talked about the heavy use of stills or something. I noticed them, but they weren't that bad IMO. Hope the BD shows more detail though. Still stretching it as usual though, but it didn't ruin much for me.

Can't wait to see how shit goes down next episode.

SoScary said:
Unlike some previous episodes, I think they didn't animate the action scene pretty well...
And rather than doing that, they chose to waste 2 minutes in the beggining with unnecessary recap, what the hell...

Really should have gotten use to the recaps by now. You sound like you've just noticed.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Aug 25, 2013 6:05 AM
Apr 2011
Recaps and stills. I guess the production committee are pouring every budget they have on the last few episodes...
Aug 25, 2013 6:13 AM

Mar 2013
Oh for fuck sake. I don't care if everyone thinks they know who it is, the fact that they STILL didn't reveal the FT's identity pisses me off. Just do it already.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Aug 25, 2013 6:16 AM

Apr 2008
Yandere_Yuuya said:
Oh for fuck sake. I don't care if everyone thinks they know who it is, the fact that they STILL didn't reveal the FT's identity pisses me off. Just do it already.

They will reveal it before this season is over. Now shut up and enjoy the ride.
Aug 25, 2013 6:25 AM

Jul 2013
Yandere_Yuuya said:

It's obvious isn't it? It's too damn awkward to slot the big reveal in atm. The time will come, and a much bigger mystery will be slapped into your face when the season is over. Her identity isn't such a big deal tbh.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Aug 25, 2013 6:30 AM

Dec 2012
Next episode will find out who the person is I hope.. Such slow pacing though, not usual to see this lol.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Aug 25, 2013 6:31 AM
Aug 25, 2013 6:40 AM

Apr 2011
kyanumu said:
hair color
nose color, derp.
Aug 25, 2013 6:46 AM

Apr 2011
renders said:
i guess next week some people are gonna cry

I know I will.

Dat Levi. And the screaming of the FT was kinda awkward.
Aug 25, 2013 7:20 AM

Jul 2012
More than knowing who FT is...I'd rather find out why did she leave out Armin alive, because it doesn't make the slightest sense. And stop telling me "it will be making sense later" So what? If there were no manga and you weren't just dishonestly among us, posting those "oh, I'm so understanding because I've already read the whole manga" comments, YOU WOULD KNOW NOTHING IF YOU WERE ACTUALLY A EMPTY MINDED, HONEST FAN LIKE ME, AND YOU WOULD BE BANGING YOUR HEAD AGAINST THE WALL BECAUSE IT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL GIVEN THE STORY WE HAVE SO FAR. So have the decency to not wash me off with your 'knowledge' which I am so ignorant for not having, because I wish to try to experience this anime story with an empty mind.
BiartzAug 25, 2013 7:24 AM
Aug 25, 2013 7:22 AM
May 2013
SoScary said:
by wasting those two minutes, they are saving for future "more important" scenes to be better animated.
Aug 25, 2013 7:31 AM

Feb 2013
Biartz said:
More than knowing who FT is...I'd rather find out why did she leave out Armin alive, because it doesn't make the slightest sense. And stop telling me "it will be making sense later" So what? If there were no manga and you weren't just dishonestly among us, posting those "oh, I'm so understanding because I've already read the whole manga" comments, YOU WOULD KNOW NOTHING IF YOU WERE ACTUALLY A EMPTY MINDED, HONEST FAN LIKE ME, AND YOU WOULD BE BANGING YOUR HEAD AGAINST THE WALL BECAUSE IT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL GIVEN THE STORY WE HAVE SO FAR. So have the decency to not wash me off with your 'knowledge' which I am so ignorant for not having, because I wish to try to experience this anime story with an empty mind.

The only thing we can assume is that they knew Armin personally, hence the taking of the hood and identifying Armin. The FT also knows who Eren is enough to recognise him and track him down.

The only thing we do not know at this point is how the FT knew of Erens location; the idea of a spy (seen in the latest episode) may have something to do with it. This is my perspective and what I thought when I was reading the manga, this is how I talk to my friends so I don’t spoil anything for them :D
Mem521Aug 25, 2013 7:39 AM
Aug 25, 2013 7:33 AM

Nov 2009
"Does that mean you sprayed it everywhere while mid-air?"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2013 7:37 AM

Dec 2009
The pacing has slowed down again and stills are everywhere... sigh, just when it was on a roll. And the humans are just dumb.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Aug 25, 2013 7:42 AM

Nov 2009
Biartz said:

Remember that other fans were also left in the dark when the identity of the female titan wasn't revealed yet in the manga. So you have no right to complain.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2013 7:49 AM

Jul 2011
I haven´t read all your comments, and I won´t either, since I don´t want any spoilers from the ones having read the manga also XD haha
I´ll just say that my theory is that it has something to do with annie? I just can´t shake the feeling that the female titan looks a lot like Annie...
Aug 25, 2013 7:55 AM

Jul 2013
The plot thickens!

Even though I don't like Levi at all, I have to admit, he is an intimidating motherfucker! Made that Titan shit her pants.

[center]Currently Watching: Nothing/center]
Currently Playing: Alice: Madness Returns
Aug 25, 2013 7:58 AM

Jun 2013
those 'normal' titans when they're start running, damn annoying. another great episode, I just don't understand they put a lot of comrades in danger to figure out who on earth that female titan is? and with no result they retreat? and every body is happy to go home?
no surprise if nanaba is a girl. I caught a spoiler about who the female titan is by accident and even without it, it's still obvious who it is, ssooooo obvious. can't wait to see what's her motives
Aug 25, 2013 8:19 AM
Jul 2013
unameesan said:
those 'normal' titans when they're start running, damn annoying. another great episode, I just don't understand they put a lot of comrades in danger to figure out who on earth that female titan is? and with no result they retreat? and every body is happy to go home?
no surprise if nanaba is a girl. I caught a spoiler about who the female titan is by accident and even without it, it's still obvious who it is, ssooooo obvious. can't wait to see what's her motives

They were planning to capture who was inside the female titan. They needed for the female titan to pursue Eren through the forest and being off guard. It seemed like they were almost going to succeed but Erwin hadn't anticipated that the female titan would go that far in desperate moments.

And how could you say they retreated happily, of course they were pissed off but there was nothing they could do at that moment because in that ruckus the person inside the titan managed to escape and proceed on pursuing Eren in disguise. Not intending to cause anymore casualties he ordered everyone to retreat but ordered Levi to recharge just in case.
Aug 25, 2013 8:27 AM

Jul 2013
Holy shit that ending was epic. They always do them well but this one especially. >_< Really hoping for a 1v1 with Levi!
Aug 25, 2013 8:29 AM
Dec 2012
Who knows, the anime will cover up to what chapter?
Aug 25, 2013 8:37 AM

Dec 2012
I think annie is the ft 'coz look how that ft and annie they look similar and their combat agility is the same.

Aug 25, 2013 8:52 AM

Aug 2013
I wish I never found out who the FT was, but I agree with everyone it's damn obvious.
I mean out of all the female characters which one have we not seen since the FT started causing a mess.
Aug 25, 2013 9:07 AM

Jun 2011
HalfMetalJacket said:
Yandere_Yuuya said:

It's obvious isn't it? It's too damn awkward to slot the big reveal in atm. The time will come, and a much bigger mystery will be slapped into your face when the season is over. Her identity isn't such a big deal tbh.

I agree with this guy. The identity of t he FT doesn't matter nearly as much as it's motives do.

Aug 25, 2013 9:08 AM

Aug 2008
Leio said:
"Does that mean you sprayed it everywhere while mid-air?"
Hah poor Petra.

Loved that Ymir was asking after Krista ^~^ qts.

Also, reading that Nanaba is a girl. I mean sure the voice was a bit high pitched (same kinda pitch as Krista's. ) But I figured Nanaba was a dood. Doesn't matter either way~ So lookin' forward to the next lot of eps. Eeee.
Aug 25, 2013 9:09 AM

Jan 2013
idk about anyone else, but i find Oluo's pose when talkin to Eren and Petra kinda sexy :D
Aug 25, 2013 9:17 AM
Jan 2013
Holy shit, I bet I know who the traitor isssss!!! But I'm not gonna say!

I think this episode was cool and all, but seriously, what's with all the talking? Where's the action? These chat scenes are taking too long.

Dat RIVAILLE!!!! Damn! I love how he doesn't give two shits about titans. They're just one thing to him, prey. I love his attitude! I hope there's more action in the next episode!!!!
<3 UR PRETTY KEWL 2 <3
Aug 25, 2013 9:19 AM

Apr 2013
Damn this episode was good :D

They've been had :S
Aug 25, 2013 9:25 AM

Feb 2012
The ending was surprising. Thought that FT was going to die there.
Aug 25, 2013 9:39 AM

Jul 2013
Whoa intense part at the end,especially right after everyone was joking around and being carefree.That female titan!!! NEED TO KNOW WHO IT IS!!! *Runs off to read manga*
Aug 25, 2013 9:54 AM

Aug 2012
The ending was a surprise, I really liked it. But it pisses me off that they still didn't reveal the FT's identity. The pace is a bit slow. But I liked the episode, can't wait for next week's episode. Crushing Blow sounds interesting.

4/5
Aug 25, 2013 10:03 AM
Sep 2009
Overrated shit.
Aug 25, 2013 10:16 AM

Apr 2008
Inver said:
Overrated shit.

Useless comment
Aug 25, 2013 10:20 AM

Jun 2012
enjoyed this a lot, it gets better and better :D

Makes me sad knowing that the season is almost over, and that there is apparently not enough manga content for a season 2 as of current.

This is the one thing i won't read ahead, i find the 3d maneuver gear really awkward in pictures xD
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Aug 25, 2013 10:34 AM

Jan 2012
holy shit loved all the twists this episode
cant wait for the FT reveal the suspense is awesome with this arc
Aug 25, 2013 10:41 AM

Oct 2011
Cliffhanger !!!!!!!!! 0____0 OMG who will die??? I hope it isn't Sasha, Connie, or Jean TwT.
Aug 25, 2013 11:36 AM

May 2010
It's been obvious who the female titan is since she showed up. Same eye color and hair color, I mean c'mon. And she just mysteriously disappeared before the titan came. This is getting kind of predictable. :P I bet they're all going to be so shocked too, for the drama.
Aug 25, 2013 11:36 AM

Feb 2011
It's over for Gunter, you can clearly see his neck half chopped. Come on guys, we all know who the FT real identity is.....they didnt even tryed to make her look different.
Forever Berserk
Aug 25, 2013 11:44 AM
Jul 2013
Ymir's voice actress...... Dayum....
Aug 25, 2013 11:46 AM

Aug 2013
Xinception said:
Ymir's voice actress...... Dayum....

We just think alike huh.. If you go to the bottom of the 2nd page.
Aug 25, 2013 12:15 PM

Jul 2013
shit is going down next week, I think there will be a second season
Aug 25, 2013 12:22 PM

Jan 2013
nice episode..
looking for next week ..
-CnXaDi.
Aug 25, 2013 12:22 PM

Feb 2009
This anime is full of cliffhanger, and probably will end in one. I for one don't think we'll get a second season, well not anytime soon if they decided to do it.

I am getting ready to get my heart broken for the next episode and being very angry at Eren.
Aug 25, 2013 1:06 PM

Feb 2011
Jean figured out something before Armin? Or Jean just spoke up about it first. :p

I feel sorry that the horses aren't counted amongst the dead. ;_; They probably breed a lot of them just to have enough to go out in situations like these, I think they deserve some mention.

I wonder what would have happened if Eren had changed? Would he have been able to take on that wave of titans, much less the FT?

I knew Gunther was a Red Shirt...
眠れないのは君のせい
Aug 25, 2013 1:16 PM

Jun 2013
That was seriously intense, didn't see that coming at all. The only things worse than monsters are monsters with BRAINS.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Aug 25, 2013 1:24 PM

Jun 2012
Holy crap, after the Titan screamed and the leader realized it had called of the Titans to them, I just thought it was so intense! Great moment. Going to watch the rest now.
Shoot first, think never.
Aug 25, 2013 1:25 PM

Mar 2011

Made me lol.

Another suspenseful episode. I wonder how the season will end. I still want female titan vs eren.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Aug 25, 2013 1:30 PM

Jun 2013
Oh my god Gunthers death :O
Aug 25, 2013 1:34 PM

Jul 2010
Jeez, a big roar for help and every titan in the vicinity rushes towards her to devour her so she could get away.

She even killed Gunther while fleeing. With this slow pace this adaptation is going I have a feeling that they'll learn of her identity at the end of the season, or very close to it.

Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.