Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 30, 2013 12:57 PM

Nov 2012
poor ilya. now that she sort of "gave up" being a magical girl i wonder how it continues now..
and i really liked the slice-of-life in this episode.
Aug 30, 2013 1:15 PM

Jul 2007
Baku219 said:
Fai said:

I am talking about illya's characterization.

The freak out SHOULD NOT BE ABOUT

It should be about

I haven't read the manga but I think you're overreacting. It wasn't all about Miyu she realized that she's scared of dying and that it isn't fun and games. Take her words from the end of the episode.
Anyways, this was obligatory sad episode after the fallout. I felt it was kinda drawn out but succeeded in making me feel bad for Illya. I'm guessing next episode will be

In anime, Illya did her big blast wishing to protect everyone. Myuu then ridicules her for saving everyone's lives and Illya spends next episode sulking about it.

In manga

The first case points poor poor Illya depressed about loosing a friend.

The second case paints

That's the problem.
Aug 30, 2013 1:24 PM

Aug 2009
Next ep's preview reminded me why I hated the art of this anime.
Kiritsugu would have a heart attack if he saw that....
Aug 30, 2013 2:03 PM

May 2013
Fai said:
Baku219 said:
Fai said:

I am talking about illya's characterization.

The freak out SHOULD NOT BE ABOUT

It should be about

I haven't read the manga but I think you're overreacting. It wasn't all about Miyu she realized that she's scared of dying and that it isn't fun and games. Take her words from the end of the episode.
Anyways, this was obligatory sad episode after the fallout. I felt it was kinda drawn out but succeeded in making me feel bad for Illya. I'm guessing next episode will be

In anime, Illya did her big blast wishing to protect everyone. Myuu then ridicules her for saving everyone's lives and Illya spends next episode sulking about it.

In manga

The first case points poor poor Illya depressed about loosing a friend.

The second case paints

That's the problem.

Okay, thanks for explaining and not yelling at me because I didn't read the manga. I just thought the way the anime did it was fine but after you explained it, I agree the way it happened in the manga was better.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Aug 30, 2013 2:34 PM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:

Meh , as long As Iris gets to
, this artstyle is fine too.
Aug 30, 2013 2:41 PM

Apr 2010
Just hoping the next episode will come out a bit earlier but guess we will have to wait and see.
The other moment i have been waiting for will start next episode so really looking forward to it.
Aug 30, 2013 10:38 PM

Jan 2013
I'm liking it more than I thought.
Some good comedic moments and mostly serious scenes.
Aug 31, 2013 12:31 AM

Jul 2009
IRISVIEL. aw yeah.
Aug 31, 2013 3:20 AM

Jan 2013
jesus christ, I saw the preview, I wish we had that in this episode instead

Aug 31, 2013 3:39 AM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
ssjokg said:

Meh , as long As Iris gets to
, this artstyle is fine too.

You know looking at her like this makes me wish they just used Ilya's art form teh FSN anime.THe change is just TOO MUCH here.I know her looks dont make her char but come on...Shirou and Iri really look weird.

I just hope that they will fix it at least a bit in 2wei.That goes for other chars too.I just dont want to see Bazett look like this.
ssjokgSep 1, 2013 12:34 PM
Sep 1, 2013 9:41 AM

Oct 2012
This episode could be easily shrinked into 2 minutes... And as it is it can be easily skipped without any harm. It was kinda needless to watch this.
Sep 1, 2013 12:26 PM

May 2013
ssjokg said:
I just hope that they will fix it at least a bit in 2wei.That goes for other chars too.I just dont want to see Bazett look like this.

You do realize that if this series is successful they will keep the character designs (why change the formula when you are successful enough, look what happened to coca cola) and if the series is not successful chances are slim they will invest money in a second series (or another ova) and do a retooling of the character designs. Change in character designs are almost exclusive of series reboot/relanuch, like in Rozen Maiden.
Sep 1, 2013 12:36 PM

Aug 2009
mangamuscle said:
ssjokg said:

You do realize that if this series is successful they will keep the character designs (why change the formula when you are successful enough, look what happened to coca cola) and if the series is not successful chances are slim they will invest money in a second series (or another ova) and do a retooling of the character designs. Change in character designs are almost exclusive of series reboot/relanuch, like in Rozen Maiden.

Have you noticed while watching this series that the faces are good in some panels and in some dont look like they are chars from a Fate/ series?
That is the problem.
For most of the ep Iri was great(for this kind of char design) but in some she was like she was a different char.
IF they ever animate the rest they have to improve their designs.
Sep 1, 2013 1:32 PM

May 2013
ssjokg said:
Have you noticed while watching this series that the faces are good in some panels and in some dont look like they are chars from a Fate/ series?
That is the problem.
For most of the ep Iri was great(for this kind of char design) but in some she was like she was a different char.
IF they ever animate the rest they have to improve their designs.

That is a pretty common problem, we have already noticed how some scenes are fixed from the webcast to the tv broadcast, it is only natural to expect those flaws you mention to be solved in the disc release, nowadays many studios work on the clock, even if they are doing a highly popular series like Attack on Titan (which in theory means they are not understaffed). They might not fix later on the errors you mention, but people buying the discs will notice and it might hurt sales so they have an invested interest in delivering (even if late) the best product they can create.
Sep 1, 2013 4:00 PM

Nov 2010
Taiga getting more screentime is always a win
Hope the Dojo segment with Ilya returns
Sep 1, 2013 5:46 PM

Jan 2012
Moe Iri nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Sep 2, 2013 1:53 AM

Aug 2013
Aww i wanna see her fight again. Bet next ep will be epic ^-^
Sep 2, 2013 5:20 PM

Jun 2013
poor sella lol and Berserker next ep
Sep 7, 2013 12:41 AM

Jun 2012
Haha, Stella XD
. . .
, and then the mood was ruined with Illya D=

Sep 10, 2013 1:57 PM

Jan 2013
Forgetfulness said:
Damn, Miyu is arrogant. I'm like 99% sure right now that the next episode will go something along the lines of:
1. Rin, Luvia and Miyu go to the mirror world
2. They get facerolled by dark Berserker
3. Illya becomes a magic girl again and fights
4. Something something and then they're all friends again

Well, that's what would happen if this was just another predictable scenario. If that doesn't happen...then it will probably be even better <3
LOL My thoughts exactly, I just didn't put it in words. Going to watch the next episode now and find out.

Also LOL at Sella and her sister.
Sep 11, 2013 2:40 AM

May 2012
15:21 Sellachan, i don't mind at all

Sellachan's the highlight of this ep!!!
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 26, 2013 10:05 AM

Oct 2012
The episode felt boring IMO, nothing much happening the best part was the boobs war and nothing much, so resignation from Illy and Miyu still doesn't give a fuck ( déja vu ?) well next episode seem good so i'll go watch it.
Sep 29, 2013 3:22 PM

Sep 2012
wow i completely forgot about Shirou for a minute
Oct 15, 2013 1:33 AM

Oct 2012
Minus Berser-Car card xD

Lol poor Sella.. Well, Shirou too
Sella and her sister almost turned into Yozora and Sena (Niku!!)

Wow, Ilya's mom... What's her nickname, Airi?
And now where's Kiritsugu??

ao_no_exo said:
Forgetfulness said:
Damn, Miyu is arrogant. I'm like 99% sure right now that the next episode will go something along the lines of:
1. Rin, Luvia and Miyu go to the mirror world
2. They get facerolled by dark Berserker
3. Illya becomes a magic girl again and fights
4. Something something and then they're all friends again

Well, that's what would happen if this was just another predictable scenario. If that doesn't happen...then it will probably be even better <3
LOL My thoughts exactly

I'm hoping it's more than that... But that's the only one scenario that possible...
Oh, well...
"Signature removed"
Oct 29, 2013 12:11 PM

Apr 2011
Jeez, people really do take the manga way too seriously. If you're going to freak out like that, just stop watching anime and stick to reading manga. You know it's never going to be 100% the same.

Kinda a meh episode, especially after the fight with Saber. Is it some kinda requirement that the hero always has to lose his resolve and give up his/her life of fighting, only to return when their allies are getting their asses kicked due to not having Main Character Power on their side?

It was kinda nice to see Shirou and some of the other side characters again.

Hopefully the last two episodes will be better, and the fight with Berserker is one I've been looking forward to the whole series.

3/5
Nov 3, 2013 11:44 AM

Jul 2007
Blind_Guardian said:
Jeez, people really do take the manga way too seriously. If you're going to freak out like that, just stop watching anime and stick to reading manga. You know it's never going to be 100% the same.

There's a HUGE difference between "some deviations" and "complete 180 degree change from what was supposed to happen, for absolutely no fucking reason".

Also yes, Type Moon fanbase takes their canon very seriously. That's why we have yet to have Tsukihime anime - no one in Japan is confident enough they could pull it off. That's also why only now we will be getting FSN adaptation.
Apr 9, 2014 6:13 PM

Jan 2013
I know what is going on between Illya & Miyu but still Miyu is being very bit** compared to manga...
A real bitc** tsundere...
Poor Illya :(
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 20, 2014 2:28 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Plot that sees a rather simple structure, it has never stood for originality, so I'm not complaining now, just because the episode seems like a filler.
I just told that it is quite good, for now there is this.
Not bad break with her girlfriends, Tattsun is hilarious.
Drawings and discrete animations.
Now comes the final battle! : D
Aug 19, 2014 10:38 PM

Nov 2012
The one time Shirou makes his appearance again, he gets Unlimited Fist Works right in the end.
Dec 4, 2014 12:55 PM

May 2012
Pretty sad atmosphere around this episode but well I do wonder what the last two episodes will offer us!
Dec 20, 2014 9:12 AM

Jun 2014
Anither slow episode,buts still enjoyable enough for me.
The last 2 episodes are probably the final battle.
Let's see the only servant left is....ooohhh,zhis is going to be fun.
Jan 17, 2015 5:59 PM
Jul 2018
Damn you Miyu. Seriously, what a b**** she was to Illya in this episode.
Jan 18, 2015 11:18 AM

Jul 2007
HikariJake said:

The canon version is the other way around. Illya is the one who runs away and spends time avoiding/antagonizing them due to her fear of her own powers. Miyu risked her life and almost died protecting Luvia and Rin from Illya's nuke.

They just changed it in the anime adaptation for some inexplicable reason. Which in turn creates certain problems with understanding Illya's motivations in second season.
Jan 18, 2015 6:04 PM
Jul 2018
CookingPriest said:
HikariJake said:

The canon version is the other way around. Illya is the one who runs away and spends time avoiding/antagonizing them due to her fear of her own powers. Miyu risked her life and almost died protecting Luvia and Rin from Illya's nuke.

They just changed it in the anime adaptation for some inexplicable reason. Which in turn creates certain problems with understanding Illya's motivations in second season.

Oh I see. Thanks for clearing that up.
May 4, 2015 6:36 PM

Jun 2014
Haha Tatsuko can't read the atmosphere

May 22, 2015 9:13 AM

Apr 2013
Best part was Liz vs Sella, they should get more screentime.
Jul 2, 2015 10:50 PM

May 2014
Tatsuko is the greatest side character ever. She is so awesome and hilarious, honestly xD

Good episode, the tsun tsun is real.
Sep 20, 2015 4:34 AM

Jan 2012
The ending song art is so lolish.

Jul 25, 2016 11:02 AM

Nov 2015
Sella has been the only thing that has made me laugh in this anime...
I just felt that I needed to point that out.

The rest has been Unlimited Cringe Works.
Aug 6, 2016 3:59 PM

Sep 2015
LIZ>Sella

Love the girls reasoning behind their distance XD pretty meh episode though.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Sep 7, 2016 5:38 AM

Aug 2016
OK episode. I liked the comedy but the drama felt really out of place.

2.5/5

If Miyu thinks she can take on Berserker alone, she's gonna have a sad time.
GeekwoglassesSep 7, 2016 5:50 AM
Sep 19, 2016 6:51 AM

Sep 2010
Fighting dangerous monsters that can kill you at any time is scary and shouldn't be done by little loli?

Hmm... it sure took them a while to figure that out. Still such conclusion shouldn't be reached in story like this... this entire storyline is a joke to laugh at and enjoy but too much seriousness and there is just unnecessary drama.
Oct 20, 2016 7:44 PM

Nov 2013
Tatsuko is a great artist, surrealism?

Illya will be depressed and then rush to aid her friends as usual. Not that I mind.

Berserker next episode, that will be tough.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Dec 16, 2016 10:59 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
if the episode where i can,t stopped to laugh, with the blonde Tatsuko and special adaptation of Momotaro!!!! The Tatsuko´s draw are terrorrifics!!! lol
Jun 18, 2017 3:01 AM

Jul 2009
Good episode. Lol at the drawings!!

Sentai Heroes!!

It's so obvious she's going to back being a Mahou Shoujo :P

Nov 28, 2018 12:23 AM

Nov 2011
Berserker is coming, can't wait.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Aug 14, 2019 10:12 AM

Aug 2018
This lesson.. Of many characters from every culture, being hard to fit them in a good story.. Is it ironic meta humor on their own series, perhaps?..
So Miyu was living on streets before, hm..? Only I can't get, how she became genius she is, if she were.. Couldn't she live in some institution for homeless children, if she's really as smart as presented?.. You know, we're not living in Middle Ages, and Japan isn't an African country without these services, you know.. And Miyu doesn't seem to be involved in crime world, though, who knows.. It feels a bit inconsistent with her smartness and a bit unbelievable in general, but oh well, there can exist explanation, I guess..
Well, I don't like Rin's attitude, really.. Again just showing that it's whatever for her, not taking any responsibility whatsoever for involving Illya in crap, not apologizing whatsoever, not supporting whatsoever, if that's her stance, only stating that "it was fearful for you.. Well, it's alright.." Yep, I can't give any more chances at least for Rin.. I dislike her as a character.. I disliked more things she said, but why bitch about it really, no reason to do so..
Overall a good episode, though.. Doubts and drama, heavy and funny one with classmates..
Oct 2, 2019 4:25 AM
Dec 2017
Illya dumb cunt. hope she died in April
Dec 13, 2019 8:01 AM

Dec 2018
Lol, Miyu could be naked before she met with Sapphire.
I guess Illya will eventually join the last battle and save them all.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

224 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

157 by C3L3RY »»
Oct 1, 2023 6:43 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

304 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 8:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

78 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.