Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2013 1:20 PM

Sep 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The epilogue... or perhaps the epilogue part 1 as the final, final chapter is supposedly in next month's issue out September 9th. I guess I'll believe it is the last one when it says so... for now, here is the epilogue, part 1? Kuchisake Onna 1 / Mouth Torn Woman 1 / Oral Fissure Woman 1... doesn't sound nice.

'Is no one using the rear most seat in class?'

If you say so... Why do you ask? Isn't it just a spare?''

'Over there... don't they call that "Yuuko's seat" !'

'It really looks like Yuuko is taking part in class... eh! Scary...'

Teiichi turns back to the seat and says, "Good morning. ... Yuuko san."

It has returned. Her smile.

She sits in her desk, smiling indeed. Yuuko san has returned.

"Morning, Teiichi kun," she says.

"Hey Niiya... Quit joking around about what isn't a laughing matter..."

"Ohhh... sorry."

As always, no one else can see her.

Yuuko san really is here and is laughing along. Yuuko san is stuck in this world.

'Teiichi-kun! Teiichi-kun!" She smiles lovingly at him. He turns around and smiles back. She pokes him in the back.

She falls asleep and her head hits her desk with a bang! The other students turn to see what made the sound.

'That startled me!'

'What was that sound?!'

Whispered, 'Yuuko san...?'

'Wasn't it from Yuuko-san's desk?'

She is holding her head with a red mark on her forehead. 'There's a mark... I'm so embarassed...'

'As expected, a second year class lesson is boring!' Yuuko san says to Teiichi kun out in the hall.

'You say that and yet you attend class every day.' replies Teiichi kun.

'That's because I enjoy being by your side!' she says back, laughing. 'But I fell alseep.'

She hugs him, 'But that's that!'

'Hold on Yuuko-san, it's hard to walk like this!' Another student looks at him, '?'

'Isn't it nice? It's for this sort of thing that I came back,' Yuuko san says, laughing again.

'You don't say,' replies Teiichi kun.

'But the long awaited togetherness, the possibility of being a couple is an enjoyable thing... or so they say, and I wanted to find out." she says.

'Is that so?' he asks.

"Isn't that so?" she asks, laughing once again.

In the club room, it's Momoe holding up a flyer, 'Please look Niiya san!'

It's an ad for the club on which Kirie is holding up a talisman. 'Let us take care of your hauntings!' 'New members apply!'

'Really everyone, we created this ad poster in top secret!' says Momoe.

'That's... awesome, eh!' says Teiichi kun.

'I want to meet the first years early in the first month! I feel like I got a late start but with this request for new students there's no reason we shouldn't get new club members!' says Momoe. She continues, 'With Yuuko san's return, the Apparition Research club has started back up again.' 'FYI, today's offering to Yuuko san is a brown sugar bun...’

Yuuko san pops it in her mouth and gulps it down in one bite.

'Hey, it just disappeared!' exclaims Momoe.

'One of the seven wonders of the world,' explains Teiichi. 'From now on I'm not going to think about how this happens. Hey...'

'This is... what is this all about?" asks Kirie as she enters the club room holding one of the flyers.

'Kirie san! Ya! Speaking of which, we're scattering these things we made all over! Okiura sempai drew this illustration for us. Did a really great job, don't you think?' says Momoe.

'That's not the point!' says Kirie.

'Doesn't everyone want to talk about all the new activities first?' asked Momoe trying to change the subject.

'Hey!!' shouted Kirie.

'Yes!'

'While they were cleaning up, the newspaper club found this,' Kirie holds out a page. 'Evidently, at the nearby elementary school this handout has been going around...' 'Warning: suspicious character, 20-30 year old woman, long black hair, long coat, mask, a sickle. Suspicious person waiting in the tunnel... don't you see something wrong with this?'

'No! It sounds like it's really some sort of monster!' says Momoe.

'What's written inside is this...'

'On the way back from school in a tunnel beside the way to school an elementary school student saw the suspicious woman. Even though it is already warm she is wearing a pure white coat and has a cold mask looped around her hears covering her mouth and nose... With an eerie feeling they sought to hurry out of there. This individual was clowing getting closer... Took off the mask and asked "Am I pretty?" but under the mask was a torn open mouth from ear to ear.'

'Was that the Kuchisakeonna/Torn mouth woman?' asked Teiichi.

'Yes, that's the famous "Torn Mouth Woman"! I've heard about it from time to time until now to what degree, chanting 'hair oil' if they escape or tortoise shell candies if they like them or if they hate them...' says Yuuko san.

Momoe says, 'This child said they ran and escaped. Afterward when they looked in the mirror they say they had cuts on their cheeks... If we have any more questions...' 'What do you think? That's an eerie apparition! I think this is appropriate as the club's first activity!'

Kirie says, 'About this... should we go do this outside the school? It's a bit outside the club's activities.'

But Teiichi says, "Shouldn't it be alright, from now one this is the sort of thing we should be investigating. Let's go!'

'Ehh?'

And off they go to the school gate. The four of them! Yuuko looks back as the three of them continue. She smiles. 'Yuuko san, we're going!'

'...Yeah!'

A pigtailed girl is holding one of the flyers for the club. She looks at them as they go, all four of them. Yes, Yuuko leaves the school ground. They go to the tunnel.

'Here is the "Torn mouth woman" tunnel eh?' They enter the tunnel, Kirie hanging back a bit.

'I don't get a particularly scary feeling looking at the entrance,' says Kirie.

'Come on, Kirie san,' says Teiichi.

'Hey, over there. Who's that?' asks Yuuko.

'Eh?' exclaims Teiichi.

'Good evening!' yells Momoe to the pigtailed girl in the tunnel.

'What? Who?' asks the pigtailed girl who is holding a Nekon Goodpix camera.

'Hey! That's a surprised voice guys!' yells Kirie.

'I'm really sorry, uh... What are you doing here?' asks Teiichi of the girl.

'This tunnel is dangerous. The Torn Mouth Woman comes here.' says Momoe.

'I know...' says the girl.

'That camera... by chance have you captured the Torn Mouth Woman on it?'

'...yes.'

'...scary, isn't it?'

'Scary... Scary but... without these things...' the girl said. 'You guys are also looking for the Torn Mouth woman?'

'Yes, that's all...' replies Teiichi.

'Then... why do they sai this sort of thing doesn't exist!!' yells the girl.

Another pigtailed girl, the one who was waiting at the school gates holding the club flyer appears at the other end of the tunnel. 'Onechan...' says the girl they'd been speaking to.

The angry looking girl says, 'If I get mad because you're doing what you want going out with the camera eh?'

The girl with the camera runs out of the tunnel.

'...you're going to be one of the students at our school? Did you follow after us?" asks Kirie.

'I _am_ a first year student at your school.' says the pigtailed girl holding the flyer. 'This is your Apparition Research club request. Please show me proof of something that can't exist, the "Torn Mouth Woman".'

Continued next month...

---

So...... aside from the fact that it seems like Yuuko can leave the school grounds this was an old ghost buster story... mostly. Teiichi apparently didn't commit suicide and they didn't disappear either. Not really an explanation just, I'm back!

So not really an ending? But I'm happy all the characters are having fun together anyway. Now I just wonder why it is ending at all...
hpulleyAug 23, 2013 3:44 PM
Aug 23, 2013 4:04 PM

Nov 2008
My guess is that the publisher wanted enough material to fill a final tankouban, but Maybe couldn't drag out the melodrama more, so they went with the anime-like finish and now have reset for year 2. This means that Maybe can do specials and so on...

How's the art in this chapter?
Aug 23, 2013 4:41 PM

Sep 2012
dbaranyi said:
How's the art in this chapter?
The artwork seems good, not slap dash to create some filler.
Sep 7, 2013 1:45 PM

Apr 2013
@hpulley i appreciate for this post , i was wondering when they were going to release the epilogue. Although its coming out in a few days this was awesome. Still not that much was explained just that Yuuko can leave the school ground ( finally) i wonder whats different now. This "epilogue" felt more like another chapter idk thats just me but its awesome for that the gang is back at solving another mystery.
Sep 7, 2013 2:42 PM

Sep 2012
EuphoricVibes said:
@hpulley i appreciate for this post , i was wondering when they were going to release the epilogue. Although its coming out in a few days this was awesome. Still not that much was explained just that Yuuko can leave the school ground ( finally) i wonder whats different now. This "epilogue" felt more like another chapter idk thats just me but its awesome for that the gang is back at solving another mystery.
This _IS_ the epilogue!

Yes, it just feels like another chapter to me as well. Part 2 of this one is supposedly coming out later this month, we'll see! Is it just a couple of chapters to pad out volume 10? I don't know. Was Maybe/Meibi not really ready to finish it? Don't know. The anime's episode 13 is kind of like that too except they don't mention her being able to leave the school grounds.
Sep 7, 2013 5:01 PM

Apr 2013
hpulley said:
EuphoricVibes said:
This _IS_ the epilogue!

Yes, it just feels like another chapter to me as well. Part 2 of this one is supposedly coming out later this month, we'll see! Is it just a couple of chapters to pad out volume 10? I don't know. Was Maybe/Meibi not really ready to finish it? Don't know. The anime's episode 13 is kind of like that too except they don't mention her being able to leave the school grounds.

lol i know it's the epilouge i meant with the art and all, but yea lets see what part 2 gives us
Sep 7, 2013 5:31 PM

Sep 2012
Well, the real one is out, the one you buy with your money. The illegal scans are not done yet ;-)
Sep 7, 2013 6:10 PM

Apr 2013
hahaha
hpulley said:
Well, the real one is out, the one you buy with your money. The illegal scans are not done yet ;-)

hahaha
Sep 18, 2013 8:23 PM

Sep 2010
Yay, more chapters.
Sep 18, 2013 8:26 PM

Nov 2011
Weird epilogue but I like it. I guess they will close this case in the next chapter. Yuuko's smile was a pleasant sight to see though.
Sep 18, 2013 9:55 PM

Aug 2008
Nice to see Yuuko Back, guess Niiya didn't disappear. seems like there will at least be 1 more chapter after that end to epilogue which is rare but great. hope we get some loving before it finally ends tho.
Sep 19, 2013 5:32 AM

Jan 2011
It's great to see Yuuko back. Tasogare Otome X Amnesia chapters feel incomplete without here. I just love her faces and interactions. Niiya seems to be enjoying live again with her. :) So Niiya didn't turn to a ghost? I wonder why.
Sep 19, 2013 7:19 AM

Dec 2009
Ugh, I don't get it. I thought Teiichi had disappeared, which for me was actually a very interesting ending. Yeah, he left out of nowhere, but it was beautiful. But now.. eeeh...
Sep 19, 2013 8:18 AM

Feb 2012
Just seeing Yuuko and her smile makes me happy.
Sep 19, 2013 11:31 AM

Nov 2012
Well, he wasn't spirited away at the end of the last chapter, they were just finally able to leave the school together was all it was. Glad Yuuko can truly haunt him forever now.=)
Sep 21, 2013 7:31 AM

Sep 2011
What the hell? That made no sense, less sense than the last chapter. Hell, this isn't even an epilogue!

Now if there's a second season for the manga, I would be happy, but tat was not an epilogue, more like another chapter!

The author completely killed the purpose of all the drama Yuuko caused by her "returning" by returnin her 2, no, 1 chapter later.

God damn,
GodlyKyonSep 21, 2013 10:30 AM
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Sep 22, 2013 8:31 PM

Nov 2008
I finally got a chance to read the chapter... everything seems slightly "wrong" about it. The artwork is odd - almost "stiff" in a way. The dialog is static. The humour isn't there. The etchiness isn't there. Worse of all, the chemistry between Teiichi and Yuuko isn't there.

I've got to wonder why Maybe did this, and why the publisher published it. Was it solely to fill out the last tankouban volume?
Sep 23, 2013 5:16 AM

Sep 2012
I haven't bought GanGan Joker this month. Not sure I will with tankobon 10 coming out next month, might just wait to read the final chapter there. Sorry folks...
Sep 23, 2013 2:11 PM

Sep 2011
dbaranyi said:
I finally got a chance to read the chapter... everything seems slightly "wrong" about it. The artwork is odd - almost "stiff" in a way. The dialog is static. The humour isn't there. The etchiness isn't there. Worse of all, the chemistry between Teiichi and Yuuko isn't there.

I've got to wonder why Maybe did this, and why the publisher published it. Was it solely to fill out the last tankouban volume?

THis chapter DOST seems strange. I mean, it's completely out of place and the telling of the aftermath is shitty! Just last chapter would've been an okay ending, albeit an unsatisfying one. I really liked the earlier chapters, now after all that drama, THIS happens.

What was the point of Yuuko dying and all that suspense!? This is terrible writing, she should've just stayed dead.

hpulley said:
I haven't bought GanGan Joker this month. Not sure I will with tankobon 10 coming out next month, might just wait to read the final chapter there. Sorry folks...

Well.... No matter what it is by this point, this series won't end well

Unless it's a continuation. They might just chance this and drag it out. this might just become a typical RomCom after this... Or maybe some big bad ghost will show up?
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Sep 26, 2013 3:49 PM

May 2011
Yeah, this didn't really feel like an epilogue, would have fit better as a special. Ah well, I'm still curious to see how things go in this story though.
Oct 26, 2013 3:06 PM
Oct 2010
yuuko is back <3
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Nov 16, 2013 8:12 PM

Apr 2009
Year 2. Teiichi didn't just vanish after all. The epilogue does feel a bit like an alternate ending instead because it doesn't seem consistent with the events of the final chapter.

Anyway, more of the antics of the Paranormal Investigations Club. Yuuko can now leave the school... sweet! It doesn't seem like Kirie could see her too this time around though.
Dec 19, 2014 12:16 AM

Sep 2014
SayakaMagica said:
Year 2. Teiichi didn't just vanish after all. The epilogue does feel a bit like an alternate ending instead because it doesn't seem consistent with the events of the final chapter.

Anyway, more of the antics of the Paranormal Investigations Club. Yuuko can now leave the school... sweet! It doesn't seem like Kirie could see her too this time around though.

Why are people saying it's incosistent, this shit about disappearing was just some stuff the kids were saying, it was never true, lul. It's not like they really disappeared in chapter 45, just left the school together.
Apr 28, 2015 11:15 AM

Jan 2012
KingCez said:
yuuko is back <3

Sep 8, 2017 4:03 PM

Jan 2016
Yuuko!!! She's back alive and kicki- oh wait.. dead and kickin?
Feb 13, 2018 5:45 PM
Dec 2017
EuphoricVibes said:

The reason why she can go anywhere now is because she is now haunting Teichii, as stated in the Manga? (Definitly stated in the anime). in the past, she couldn't leave the school grounds since she was haunting the school. One of the things emphasized thorugh this whole series was Yuuko's wish to haunt Teichii, so now, since she is haunting him, she can go wherever he goes. (Which probably makes showering a bit akward.)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Chapter 54 Discussion

Kiba_Senpai - Jul 1, 2023

1 by rmahoney717 »»
Jul 2, 2023 10:43 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Chapter 25 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Aug 15, 2011

13 by Kiba_Senpai »»
May 28, 2023 5:32 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Chapter 13 Discussion

BladerJC - Aug 1, 2010

16 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Apr 2, 2023 10:18 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Chapter 7 Discussion

ClementIV - Jun 14, 2010

8 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Feb 14, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Chapter 4 Discussion

-Kazu - May 23, 2010

3 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Feb 5, 2023 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.