Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 1, 2009 7:06 PM

Sep 2007
Oh dear, A-LAWS once again proves they're nothing but ego-centric vengeful bastards. I definitely hope Andrei and Louise get killed.
Feb 1, 2009 7:24 PM

Jan 2008
Gradation said:
If you're complaining about all these things, why don't you just go and try to make a better anime? Oh wait, you can't because you're just an observer. So just shut up, or don't watch at all. People like you who tries to act all professional with their pathetic reviews should just shut up, and go jump in a hole.

You're the one getting all bent out of shape. Don't get all butt hurt because I didn't eat the episode up.

Or are you the opinion police?
Feb 1, 2009 7:47 PM

Jul 2007
Wasabi said:
Oh dear, A-LAWS once again proves they're nothing but ego-centric vengeful bastards. I definitely hope Andrei and Louise get killed.

noooo not Lousie! Then how will we get SajixLouise
Feb 1, 2009 8:05 PM

Oct 2008
This was a pretty epic episode. Can't wait for 18~
PS: If 00 has a giant beam saber, why didn't he use it earlier against big mobs of A-LAWS. It would be like GN-Bazooka except it lasts way longer :D

Feb 1, 2009 8:33 PM

Aug 2007
I find all the hate amusing, it was an epic episode, easily the best in the series so far. It's not like the Orbital Elevator is going to have zero consequences, just because everyone avoided a mass-murder (epic scene btw).

And yeah, Andrei isn't my favorite character, but this is war, and people die in war. Could have been Andrei, could have been Louise, could have been a nameless grunt that shot Sergei down. In war, people die senselessly all the time, sometimes by a veteran, sometimes by a rookie, sometimes by simple bad luck, I find it amusing when people demand that every death have meaning and be at the hands of an ace in a war show.

Anyway, thought it was a great ending scene, Manly Tears.

As for Divine....you got owned, my friend, sorry. OO Raiser super beam saber was awesome.

EDIT: I also love being one of the few people who like Saji and Louise and find their story interesting.
Feb 1, 2009 8:49 PM

Dec 2008
Shinigami_Grahf said:

You're the one getting all bent out of shape. Don't get all butt hurt because I didn't eat the episode up.

Or are you the opinion police?

LOL, although I didn't agree with your previous post (and I think you're just over-analyzing a bit)...I couldn't help but laugh at that post XD "opinion police" ahahahaha.....*sighs*, I'm so easily amused :(...I'm such a dork.

Sushikins said:
EDIT: I also love being one of the few people who like Saji and Louise and find their story interesting.

Alright highfive!! I also love the Saji and Louise story :D although I'm a bit annoyed at Louise at the moment. I'm loving Saji more and more, is it just me or is he getting cooler? XD

And I agree with how amusing the random hate towards this episode is. I absolutely loved this episode, I actually teared up at the part when everyone started working together *sniff*...peace is such a wonderful thing~.........until a stupid ignorant son kills his father :(

The light saber thing was kinda corny...and I laughed at Divine's instant death :P
Feb 1, 2009 8:50 PM
Apr 2008
I'm already starting to compare Louise with GSD's Stellar. Both are modified humans, both will pilot super mobile suits... only one missing is whether the former will die or not.

& despite the failure to destroy Momento Mori, I think it's already lucky enough that the 00-Raiser "giant beam sword" did not wipe through the superweapon. IF it did, the orbital ring will be struck as well = risk of all 3 elevators collapsing instead of one. But I think it's also lucky that the elevator's "spine" seems intact.

I just hope that the Federation would not place the responsibility on anyone else on this.
darkxdestinyFeb 1, 2009 9:02 PM
Feb 1, 2009 9:09 PM

Oct 2007
wow, that was a great episode.

it was awesome to see everyone fighting together, even if it was just for a short while. and i was just getting to thinking that maybe hercules would make it through the episode alive and then BAM. but i was surprised about sergei. i figured he'd die at some point, but i didn't expect it to happen in this episode. i got chills when the ed started playing at that point. he was one of the few really good characters i thought, it's sad to see him go.
Feb 1, 2009 9:10 PM

Sep 2007
Great episode. Less talk, more giant space explosions. I also like how Hercules and Smirnov were watching the cars full of civilians tumble to their deaths, and then just gtfo of the tower. XD

One thing that's always bothered me about the series is how polarized and one-dimensional "rivalries" are between the pilots. I'm a little sad to see how the Marie/douche-son subplot will turn out. Maybe Allelujah will talk her out of vengence with hot tent sex.

I'm glad that they're jumping forward in time as well, so that we'll be able to see the consequences of the tower collapsing. Do the solar panels still work? Is the tower repairable? I'm intrigued.
Feb 1, 2009 9:14 PM

Oct 2007
Sushikins said:
I find all the hate amusing, it was an epic episode, easily the best in the series so far. It's not like the Orbital Elevator is going to have zero consequences, just because everyone avoided a mass-murder (epic scene btw).

And yeah, Andrei isn't my favorite character, but this is war, and people die in war. Could have been Andrei, could have been Louise, could have been a nameless grunt that shot Sergei down. In war, people die senselessly all the time, sometimes by a veteran, sometimes by a rookie, sometimes by simple bad luck, I find it amusing when people demand that every death have meaning and be at the hands of an ace in a war show.

this...war is not happy fun time. people die, most people don't die epically like we usually see in anime, and while Andrei is a stupid mega douche, this is a pretty appropriate death I'd say
Feb 1, 2009 9:21 PM

Dec 2008
wakka9ca said:
The laser sword, though, was a bit lame. The physics of it is completely fantasy.

have you ever tried making a GN-Drive?!!? or piloting a gundam!? oh wait... it's FANTASY thats why it's called ANIME!! it's not real!! why the laser sword have to be REAL!? OMG!! WHO CARES ABOUT PHYSICS!?
Changing for the Sake of the future
Feb 1, 2009 9:30 PM

Nov 2007
another worthless innovator died. some ok action with every actually fighting together briefly until Andrei went into retard mode, not even giving his father a chance. Hope Marie kills him in the end. After his lecturing to Louise he shows his idiot side.

Was obvious Sergei was going to die sometime soon, was a crappy way for him though. Katy had a little common sense which was the only really redeeming factor. season 1 was more enjoyable. Not looking forward to more of Marrina's daycare time or more liies by the government about how it was all anti government.
Feb 1, 2009 9:35 PM

Apr 2008
Epic episode!

About Andrei killing Sergei. Tbh I think he was the man for the job.

I agree that Andrei is a spineless bitch that has been whining whole season 2 how is dad killed his mum but that aside who was better to kill Sergei? One of the pulled from the hat innovator pilots (they seem to be only good at dying so far), Ali, Graham (they are both hot for Setsuna so I don't think they would be even remotely interested in Sergei), Patric (seems to be assigned to driving duty) or Louise? From all the characters with names on A-Laws side Andrei was the best character to kill Sergei.
Vae Victis
Feb 1, 2009 9:47 PM

Jul 2008
generaly a good episode, thou I find the giant laser sword a little iritating. I also didn't like Sergei dying, mainly becouse it seems they gonna kill all the "good guys on the wrong side" (Mannequin is the only one left I think) wich will give another "pure good vs. pure evil" crap. S1 at least had a lot of good characters with diffrent opinions how to achive peace and you could side with eaither of them. but still very enjoyable episode
Feb 1, 2009 9:53 PM

Dec 2008
That was the most epic/manly episode of 00 so far and Andrei is one Oedipus bitch. I know that I like talking about how military impressive the A-laws are, but their narrow mindedness is getting old. Andrei and Louise are just idiots who need to die already and Billy needs to get bitch slapped really hard. It was also kind of saddening how they killed off another innovator so easily.

Anyways I kind of expected the elevator drop to be more chaotic. I'm not saying it was bad, but seeing something that large hardly destroy anything and only create a cloud of silicon was pretty disappointing.

As a final thought Domon's sword is way cooler than Setsuna's
Zehel00Feb 1, 2009 11:28 PM

Feb 1, 2009 9:55 PM

Sep 2008
I liked it. If the A-Laws can have a second mega-madori laser, why cant OO have a mega-laser sword?

And ya know what? I like it all. I like Saji and Louise, and I hope they hook up again. Other wise, if he makes it out I guess Saji can go back to Louise's mom. I am bummed about Sergei a bit, but his character has been wrapping up, he doesn't have purpose anymore. I guess it might have been cool if he hooked up with CB.

ALSO, I like Seed, and Destiny, and I ain't sorry for it neither!
Feb 1, 2009 9:56 PM

Oct 2007
I couldn't find a word to expressed how great this episode is. The animation and CG are really great. I want to say how amazing they portray the feeling when everyone stop fighting and start to shot those piece of trash that falling onto earth without someone orders to do it. It is like how everyone start to unite together when they realized what is right or wrong thing to do.

Dreamtheater2112 said:
Sushikins said:

this...war is not happy fun time. people die, most people don't die epically like we usually see in anime, and while Andrei is a stupid mega douche, this is a pretty appropriate death I'd say
To put it simply, NOT everyone could died in a hero way. And I thought Sergei had already done his best before he was killed.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 1, 2009 10:50 PM

Oct 2007
Looking pretty Char's Counterattack there.
Feb 1, 2009 10:50 PM

Mar 2008
screw you andrei. RIP smirnov...

time skip after this. that'll be interesting.

also, way to grow some balls Saji, and join celestial being proper

i do have to admit though, that the letter at the end made me laugh. all numbers? even if it is code...
Feb 1, 2009 11:40 PM

Apr 2008
It still amuses me, ever since he sat his ass in Raiser, how Saji can take om like 10 G-forces :)

Anyways, loved the ep. I almost cried but I'm over it now and can sleep. The A-LAWS are crazy and cruel! Once in a while we need a vivid reminder, which I think comes in the form of G00 well, on the consequences of war. It is a cliche story but touching.

Seeing the people unable to escape the collapse (the escape shuttles) made me a little angry. That A-LAWS group just makes me mad. All of this and monopoly. I respect Mannequin (nods).

Geez Ribbons, stop being so charming! I love Furuya Tohru; "Furuya = main image of Amuro", yeah right.
Feb 1, 2009 11:43 PM

Aug 2008
luigi21 said:
wakka9ca said:
The laser sword, though, was a bit lame. The physics of it is completely fantasy.

have you ever tried making a GN-Drive?!!? or piloting a gundam!? oh wait... it's FANTASY thats why it's called ANIME!! it's not real!! why the laser sword have to be REAL!? OMG!! WHO CARES ABOUT PHYSICS!?
thank you retarted gundam fan speaking physics lol
Feb 2, 2009 12:07 AM

Nov 2007
Hmmm, quite a nice episode in some areas and not so great in others.

The battle with the innovator was horrible, the 00 raiser really went overboard with this one annihilating the ship in one shot T_T and the orbital elevator's falling didn't really do anything but dragged on for ages

Then Hercules and Smirnov died D: *waves first at Andrei* noooo colonel D:
Feb 2, 2009 12:15 AM

Apr 2008
Forgot to add. The scene when Kataron, A-LAWS, Cb and the Feds come together to shoot down the heated panels was great!
Feb 2, 2009 1:02 AM

Oct 2008
great ep and great ending to a graceful character.
Feb 2, 2009 2:53 AM

Sep 2007
This is what i am waiting for. Massive amount of beam spam but instead of fighting against each other, everyone decide to fend of the tiles. What a fucking great episode.
00 beam saber? I lol'd. I was going F YEAH until the last 2 minute... damn you Andrei you will die a horrible death for killing your own father.

Devine part is quite short though, meh to me he is just a named grunt, even though bearing the name of an Innovator (besides Regene and Tieria and MAYBE Anew, the other Innovators seems like a pawn to me)
Feb 2, 2009 3:16 AM

Mar 2008
Hercules and Smirnov kinda died in an instant, well not in the orbital elevators. Their deaths were kinda predicted though.

And after so much hardwork for the people to build the orbital elevators, just 1 shot destroyed it. Anyway, nothing was really destroyed and the town was still protected. And i guess this also means that the peple have less energy to use.
~Friendship is so sweet that it can cause tooth decay~

~Respect the losers, cause without them, there'll be no winners~
Feb 2, 2009 4:58 AM
Jul 2008
This episode was great. I epically liked the part when all of them worked together. For the moment, there was the feeling of true "peace", until stupid Andrei comes out to kill Hercules and Smirnov....

Well at least Smirnov got to say something but he died.
Feb 2, 2009 5:07 AM

Mar 2008
Best episode thus far.
Feb 2, 2009 5:24 AM

Feb 2008
Epic episode. Especially for a mecha lover like myself. The number of Mobile Suits was truly impressive.

As for Sergei's death, I'm satisfied with it. I'm sure he was as well.
Feb 2, 2009 6:09 AM

Aug 2008
Why good guys never eject :'( I'm gonna miss Wild Boar
Feb 2, 2009 6:09 AM

Oct 2008
very nice episode

next episode will have a 4month time skip
I hate Chihiro subs... nuff said
Feb 2, 2009 7:05 AM

May 2008
Best episode ep so far, but....

FUCK YOU Andrei, killing the best character of the show,Sergei was the only decent male character of the show.
Feb 2, 2009 7:17 AM

Jul 2008
WingsOfLight28 said:
Anyway, nothing was really destroyed and the town was still protected. And i guess this also means that the peple have less energy to use.

I'm not so sure about the "nothhing was destroyed part". There was some damage, mainly to army as we could see near the end, but aside from the city near the elevator, the debris have fallen over most of central Africa. We don't know what happened further away from the elevator

Also I think that the energy is still flowing. As we could see near the end, the central teather of the elevator is still intact- only the outer walls have been destroyed. My guess is that the central teather is transporting energy while the walls are used for human/materials transportation.
Feb 2, 2009 7:52 AM

Sep 2008
how about revive smirnov? that would be great!
Feb 2, 2009 8:17 AM

Jul 2007
shakeyourpup45 said:
It still amuses me, ever since he sat his ass in Raiser, how Saji can take om like 10 G-forces :)

Geez Ribbons, stop being so charming! I love Furuya Tohru; "Furuya = main image of Amuro", yeah right.

Well Saji, worked as engineer in space for quite some time, I am quite sure he is "built" well enough to adapt as of now.

And, do we have confirmation that ORaiser has no Gforce dampeners?(like gundams, AHEADs and X-IIIs)
Feb 2, 2009 8:40 AM

Jul 2008
Just to clarify some things here:

1. 00 Gundam did not use a beam saber. It just continued to shot the beam which made it function the same way as a saber, but made it lose energy faster.

2. Do you guys really think that those pannels didn't kill any civilians? If you have seen the map, you would have seen that they fell across entire southern Africa. The army protected just the lives near the elevator.
Of course, a lot of lives will be lost due to energy shortage and chaos MAY ensue in Europe and Africa (the tower was completed only recently so Europe may still use same resources they did in season 1 or they might trade with other elevators which is easy not that World is united).

Also, a great ep but they could have made a better character from Andrei and still make a way to kill his father. As it is right now, it would have been better if Patrick killed him.
Well, at least we will get Soma Pieris joining the war again.
Feb 2, 2009 11:10 AM

Jan 2008
Epic episode indeed. My eyes are numb from all these special effects. Gundam series are not really about intricate plot and realism so I don't understand some complaints. All forces uniting was extremely corny but didn't bother me too much.

5/5

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Feb 2, 2009 11:29 AM
Nov 2007
No, no, obviously the main problem with the episode was that all the debris fell on the WRONG SIDE of the tower! That's totally unrealistic!
Feb 2, 2009 12:11 PM

Jan 2008
I'll be fair.

Despite how much I disliked the episode, reflecting on it I actually liked the way things played out with Andrei. He's endeared himself to me as a bit of an interesting character. I love Sergei, but he was really a shitty dad to Andrei. That doesn't justify what Andrei did, but anyway...

Though I'm sure the show is going to go with Saji x Louise good end, I'd almost prefer Andrei x Louise end, where Andrei spends the rest of his life atoning for his killing Sergei by becoming a loving father. That's a bit too deep for Sunrise though, I bet...
Feb 2, 2009 1:36 PM
Apr 2008
now while the ep was action and 'epic' the only good things about this ep were the songs, and (although not really good) smirnov's death. this is sure to add some excitement to the series, and being almost finish this season still has not lived up to season one expectations
Feb 2, 2009 3:02 PM

Aug 2007
I smell an Andrei death flag...

Interesting episode, but wow Andrei sure is an idiot. You would think that growing up would mature him a bit, but it just showed how childish the little bastard is.

Oh ho ho did I spot a mass production GM? ;-)
Feb 2, 2009 4:48 PM

Oct 2008
The cutting in of the ED at the end was the only really good part of this episode. I mean cmon, it was an epic fight against... debris. Not to mention the ridiculously giant beam saber wtf? Too much cgi IMO and i can't believe Sumeragi revealed herself (although I guess it was pretty obvious).
Feb 2, 2009 5:03 PM
Oct 2008
While the story of 00 seems to have a lot of hits and misses, I was really taken by all the action and visual feast of this episode. (Freedom/Justice + Meteor ain't got nothing on 00's over-the-top beam saber). Good to see all the Gundams just blasting away in all directions.

But yes, the best character just had to die a sissy death. Honestly a bit more creativity and they might have still been able to have Andrei kill Sergei without coming out a bit <meh>.

The pillar doing 0 damage? I guess it might have been the point of the story(i.e. world acting as one). GN Archer in action <meh>? Hey, these shows are meant to sell the Gunpla models (which I happily buy...)

A VISUAL FEAST in the end. Still a bit short on the story. A pity because I really believe that 00, from the Mech design to the CG effects, the energy based weapons and use of Solar power, is "suppose" to bring the franchise into the 21st century (along with Seed of course)
Feb 2, 2009 5:10 PM

Oct 2008
WAHa_06x36 said:
No, no, obviously the main problem with the episode was that all the debris fell on the WRONG SIDE of the tower! That's totally unrealistic!

it fell just right

the beam targeted the core of the tower.
I hate Chihiro subs... nuff said
Feb 2, 2009 5:31 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
November3leven said:
luigi21 said:
wakka9ca said:

thank you retarted gundam fan speaking physics lol

There is a limit to how much you can stretch things. Good SF never stretch thing too far but giant laser sword is a bit ridiculous.

As a future engineer, I probably know more about physics that you do... Not to mention that I DID contribute in writing a engineering report on possible implementation of space elevators on Earth for the Space Elevator competition. I know pretty much (and calculated) the scope and constraint of one space elevator. (nothing of the scope of the one in Gundam 00, it would be physically impossible unless some crazy new material is discovered) But I must admit that the self-detachment mechanism implemented as emergency protocol is probably the reason why the damage was minimized.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 2, 2009 5:33 PM

Jan 2008
The big difference between SEED's Meteor add-ons and 00's 0 Raizer add-on is that in SEED, the beam sabers never ran out of power. 00 Raizer on the other hand went all out and wasted the entire particle storage in Trans-Am mode with just that. And I really don't think it's a beam saber, just a continuing stream of laserbeam.

As for the episode, I just got one word for describing it. "AWESOME!"

Feb 2, 2009 7:08 PM

Oct 2008
was it just me or they just made the impossible happen. 0 raiser combined in the middle of stratosphere. i mean seriously they must be going around 500 mph while doing that or they would have crashed back down to earth.

and to all andrei haters. it was not him who killed his father. it was his hate for his father. i mean geez sergei was a total dick about his mom. seriously who leaves his wife to die and do nothing at all but follow principles. not exactly the greatest lesson to give your kid.

the real villain here is sergei if he at least tried to save her do everything he could to at least spare no only her but his other men lives. then andrei wouldn't have seen it as a bad thing.

either way a large beam sword is awesome. whoever said that gundam should follow physics should kill themselves. srsly.
Feb 2, 2009 7:14 PM

Apr 2008
I hope Andrei dies a slow, painful death. His accent is seriously annoying. Maybe he and Louise will make nutty babies together.

Sergei was one of the very few supporting characters from ANY show that i liked: no-nonsense, loyal to what he believed in.

Am i the only one who thinks Sergei's wife looks alot like Sumeragi?
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Feb 2, 2009 8:10 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Frito said:
was it just me or they just made the impossible happen. 0 raiser combined in the middle of stratosphere. i mean seriously they must be going around 500 mph while doing that or they would have crashed back down to earth.

and to all andrei haters. it was not him who killed his father. it was his hate for his father. i mean geez sergei was a total dick about his mom. seriously who leaves his wife to die and do nothing at all but follow principles. not exactly the greatest lesson to give your kid.

the real villain here is sergei if he at least tried to save her do everything he could to at least spare no only her but his other men lives. then andrei wouldn't have seen it as a bad thing.

either way a large beam sword is awesome. whoever said that gundam should follow physics should kill themselves. srsly.

That's why I say Andrei will regret it in the future when he realizes his mistakes.

Never said gundam should follow physics, just pointing out that the laser beam sword was a bit overboard (not matter how unrealistic, we're not at the same level as TTGL here)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 2, 2009 8:10 PM

Oct 2008
wakka9ca said:
Frito said:

That's why I say Andrei will regret it in the future when he realizes his mistakes.

Never said gundam should follow physics, just pointing out that the laser beam sword was a bit overboard (not matter how unrealistic, we're not at the same level as TTGL here)
no
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TechnicsMKII - Mar 27, 2009

227 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 10:00 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

psygol - May 29, 2009

50 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 20 Discussion

kage-bunshin - May 20, 2009

38 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 13, 2009

111 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:32 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 7, 2009

130 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.