Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 23, 2013 7:31 PM

Nov 2012
Surprised that Yura cheated at the end when she shot Rin even though she was hit.Yura's strategies were definitely useful and got them to the finals but in the end they weren't having much fun.

Like how pissed/angry Yachiyo seemed at Yura and how positive Ren was to make sure the rest of c3 wouldn't fight.
Aug 23, 2013 7:51 PM

Jul 2008
Forecast for the next few episode will have some heavy bitchslap to wake an obsessed cheating bitch.
Aug 23, 2013 9:04 PM

May 2013
Karila is amazing.

she jump, and shoot, and jump again.

but she lose.

and yurara just shoot, shoot, shoot, - without jump -

and she win.

because she cheat, i know that.

if this continued, she will suffer until last episode and suicide.
Aug 23, 2013 10:43 PM
Feb 2013
I cringed more at this ep than while I watched Watamote.

Hopefully this get resolved soon
Aug 23, 2013 11:01 PM

Dec 2012
alyya said:
if this continued, she will suffer until last episode and suicide.

I think that's a bit too dark for an anime like this, but now that you mention it, there's a good chance she'll at least think about it in some episode. This is Gainax we're talking about, after all.
Aug 23, 2013 11:38 PM

Apr 2013
Amarrez said:
This is what haircuts do to people.
^ Yura will bite the dust
Aug 24, 2013 4:24 AM

Apr 2013
That was one hell of a episode wow just wow. This series just got better.
Aug 24, 2013 5:51 AM

Aug 2011
If there are cameras inside storehouse why Stella's team wasn't disqualified because of "dead" player?
Aug 24, 2013 7:18 AM

Oct 2012
Yura... http://i.imgur.com/ZpjyJ.gif

And lol at Modern Warfare reference.
Aug 24, 2013 4:40 PM

Apr 2012
Just when I thought that the tournament would end and Yura could go back to her old self...bam! This crap happens.

It's almost becoming painful to watch just because of how low Yura is sinking. Hopefully everything ends up resolving in such a way that she won't end up alone again.

Aug 24, 2013 7:43 PM
May 2011
I am blaming Sonora for this. She is the team leader and saw this coming from a mile away, yet she just let it happen without stepping in, What a worthless "Leader"
Aug 24, 2013 9:25 PM

Jan 2012
hybrid100 said:
I am blaming Sonora for this. She is the team leader and saw this coming from a mile away, yet she just let it happen without stepping in, What a worthless "Leader"

Pretty much. She's also the catalyst for this transformation in Yura by giving her a hard time for quitting. Ever since then she's been forcing herself to toughen up. For Sonora to be all about fun that was kind of hypocritical of her.
Aug 25, 2013 5:51 AM

Apr 2008
Yura know her team hates her for her authoritarian methods, she heard them talking behind her back.
If she failed even after all her no-fun-allowed, it would proof that her way is wrong and she'll have to face the backlash from her teammates.
I think that's the short contemplation she had before deciding to cheat and shoot Rin.

For Rin, she probably see it like Sonora. If that's Yura's choice to become dirty player for victory, then Rin won't stop her.
Aug 25, 2013 11:13 AM
May 2012
Yura's attitude got even worse, someone needs to tell her off. Why wouldn't Sonora do something? Oh well, I'm still curious to see how this is gonna end up in the next eps.
Aug 26, 2013 5:57 AM

Apr 2013
Aug 26, 2013 1:47 PM

May 2011
I've been thinking the sniper is not Rin. Maybe a friend from a rival team, maybe a family member...who knows, but I'm sure we will find out soon.
Aug 26, 2013 4:37 PM
Apr 2012
For once, I didn't see that coming...
Aug 27, 2013 12:27 AM
Jul 2012
Redfoxoffire said:
Amarrez said:
Remember when Yura was a pure innocent girl who just wanted to have fun?

Now she's a no-fun-allowed type of person who even cheats just to win.

Confirmed: haircut is the worst thing that ever happened to Yura.

yep, the haircut (could've just tied it back like what was suggested..), getting yelled at by rin an sonora for quitting their first match when she obviously wasnt having fun 1v5 in basically her first real match (sonora kept sayin herself its all about having fun right?) been a downward spiral ever since all thanks to sonora

also, dont see anyone sayin it but yura an rin werent the only ones that saw yura get hit, glasses looked like she was following the bb the whole time, so one other person on their team knows what happened
Aug 27, 2013 4:14 AM

Jul 2012
Interesting development going on...You can't really blame everything on Yura for the way she's turning out though.

I wish Sonora will finally say something :S I've been waiting for quite a few episodes for her to stop looking sad and just talk.

Well, waiting to see what will happen next episode. Full of guilty feels no doubt.
Aug 27, 2013 4:55 AM

Feb 2012
I can't really blame Yura for anything. Though the anime clearly showed Yura getting hit first, in real life it would have happened so fast that you couldn't really tell. I think it would be interesting if Yura only perceived it happening first. Having spent years playing and officiating sports, I can tell you that there are many times where no one on the field knows what truly happened.

It all comes down to what Rin saw. If Rin truly wanted to win then she would have called foul, so she may made her comment in regard to how Yura was willing to set herself to be hit in order to hit Rin; Yura was willing to die to defeat Rin.
Aug 27, 2013 5:02 AM

May 2013
Okay, I can't say I didn't see this coming... but a team consisting of real marines losing to some highschool girls, really now? -_-

Atleast in Girls und Panzer it was established from the beginning how their world works and why highschool girls drive tanks as a sport against only other highschool girls but in this anime they really go out of their way to show that they are better than everyone else, even the guys who did this "simulated killing" (as Rin called it) all their life for real. I mean, why even put a freakin' team of marines into this just to do something like this? It was already established that Rin's team is the "strong, dark enemy" of the series, you don't have to make it even more over the top unrealistic now to show that again...
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Aug 27, 2013 9:25 AM

Dec 2012
DancingJack said:
Okay, I can't say I didn't see this coming... but a team consisting of real marines losing to some highschool girls, really now? -_-

Atleast in Girls und Panzer it was established from the beginning how their world works and why highschool girls drive tanks as a sport against only other highschool girls but in this anime they really go out of their way to show that they are better than everyone else, even the guys who did this "simulated killing" (as Rin called it) all their life for real. I mean, why even put a freakin' team of marines into this just to do something like this? It was already established that Rin's team is the "strong, dark enemy" of the series, you don't have to make it even more over the top unrealistic now to show that again...

I don't know, maybe the Marines are just playing to have fun? I mean, they have done the real thing for years. Can't they just take it lightly here and maybe do something that would be stupid in real combat, like charging into the enemy as if they were barbarians? Not everyone wants to win as badly as Rin and Yura...
Aug 27, 2013 12:14 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Great development towards the end. Rin loses the tournament but wins the game by scoring one point over Sonora. I bet their falling out was precisely about whether it was worth it to win by doing absolutely everything it takes.

I don't get why people are so critical of this series? Because it's not all tea, cookies and let's be friends forever?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 27, 2013 12:53 PM

May 2013
Tulicloure said:

I don't know, maybe the Marines are just playing to have fun? I mean, they have done the real thing for years. Can't they just take it lightly here and maybe do something that would be stupid in real combat, like charging into the enemy as if they were barbarians? Not everyone wants to win as badly as Rin and Yura...

But that is the thing, they didn't take it lightly, you even see shortly in this episode how they lose and all. And when they did it the C3 girls even talked about it like it was the most natural thing for Rin's team to win because "they were much more efficient" and all. That is what I meant with that they really did go out of their way to basically say "See! They are even better than the real thing!".
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Aug 27, 2013 4:47 PM
Oct 2008
God Yura's getting annoying as hell.

What ever happened to Yura's time travelling powers they haven't used that in awhile
Aug 27, 2013 6:03 PM

Apr 2008
Don't think so much of the mob characters. Marines in anime sucks anyway, they can't even get a bullet to hit a named character and only stand there panicking and waiting to be killed by the monster.
Marzan said:
I don't get why people are so critical of this series? Because it's not all tea, cookies and let's be friends forever?
Because the main character became a cheating jerk instead of the usual cookie-cutter psychological problem from having childhood trauma or despairing experience or having her whole perception of the world crushed by the harsh(er-than-real) reality.
Aug 27, 2013 9:18 PM
Oct 2012
nseika said:
Don't think so much of the mob characters. Marines in anime sucks anyway, they can't even get a bullet to hit a named character and only stand there panicking and waiting to be killed by the monster.
Marzan said:
Because the main character became a cheating jerk instead of the usual cookie-cutter psychological problem from having childhood trauma or despairing experience or having her whole perception of the world crushed by the harsh(er-than-real) reality.

And that is exactly why this series is so interesting to me- because it's doing something different. The MC is developing in a completely different way than expected: or wanted. She wanted to beat Rin and avenge (in her eyes) Sonora so much, she resorted to cheating.

And everyone knows that she is going to suffer for it. I don't hate her, I feel really bad for her, actually. She is trying to hold onto water. The tighter you hold it, the more it slips through your fingers.

This anime has shown that it can be dark. I would be surprised to not see a sulking, withdrawn Yura. I wouldn't be too surprised to see a potential thoughts-of-suicide episode. In fact, I would almost like to see it. We don't see it hardly at all. And sono-senpai to the rescue, and a happy ending. I don't hate Yura. Far from it, I think she needs a big hug.

But it definitely makes for a more interesting show, the way things are turning out, no?
Aug 28, 2013 7:29 AM

Oct 2011
Yura is gonna turn into Darth Vader isn't she.
Aug 28, 2013 8:52 PM

Jan 2012
Amarrez said:
Remember when Yura was a pure innocent girl who just wanted to have fun?

Now she's a no-fun-allowed type of person who even cheats just to win.

I agree, lol. I believe this happens in real life to~ ;)

And I thought she got hit x/ Wouldn't her team get disqualified??

Aug 29, 2013 3:50 PM

Aug 2013
CRUZINFORIT said:
And that is exactly why this series is so interesting to me- because it's doing something different. The MC is developing in a completely different way than expected: or wanted. She wanted to beat Rin and avenge (in her eyes) Sonora so much, she resorted to cheating.

And everyone knows that she is going to suffer for it. I don't hate her, I feel really bad for her, actually. She is trying to hold onto water. The tighter you hold it, the more it slips through your fingers.

This anime has shown that it can be dark. I would be surprised to not see a sulking, withdrawn Yura. I wouldn't be too surprised to see a potential thoughts-of-suicide episode. In fact, I would almost like to see it. We don't see it hardly at all. And sono-senpai to the rescue, and a happy ending. I don't hate Yura. Far from it, I think she needs a big hug.

But it definitely makes for a more interesting show, the way things are turning out, no?

This is exactly it, you shouldn't hate Yura, you should feel sorry for her. She's not going to be feeling good about this next episode, and Sonora will be mad, and Yura will be even more depressed, and on and on.

Why? Because right now, this episode and presumably the next, is the low point of the story. It's how almost every story works, just before the awesome and happy grand finale there's a big hopeless low, the lowest point, and that must be overcome, we all know how stories work, we all know this.

Rin said it herself, Yura has become like her, and I wouldn't be surprised if this is exactly how Rin became how she is too. Rin, like how Yura is right now, isn't a bad person, but a tragic one. Now that Yura is at, or about to be at rock bottom, she has to figure out what she's going to do about it.

I don't know if it's correct, but this site lists the show as having 13 episodes. That still leaves 10, 11, 12, and 13 for Yura to get herself out of where she is and how she is and learn what she truly needs to be like.

Also, Yura never went into her alternate reality mode in the tournament. Why? Because, as Sonora explained a long time ago, everyone has their own reason for playing, and those experiences are what Yura plays for, what she enjoys and finds fun. She's lost that, and clearly isn't having fun.

I think the next episode will be pretty down, dealing with the aftermath of this episode and what Yura's turned into, but after that it will turn around, and Yura will learn to have fun again, and the dream worlds will return. She just needs to lose to shy, afraid part of her old self without losing the part of her that has fun along with it. She went from one extreme to the other, but needs to find a nice balance of the two.
BleedingUraniumAug 29, 2013 5:36 PM
Aug 30, 2013 9:48 AM

Sep 2009
I admit it. I hate how Yura's attitude changed. :/
Even though there are new parts of her that I really like..
Aug 30, 2013 8:12 PM

Nov 2012
that fight scene of rin vs karila and yura vs rin :3 damn cool! XD
and it is zombie :/ gah.. what are you doing yura?! -_-
and looks like rin know it :/ thats really embrassing :/
Sep 5, 2013 6:40 PM
Jan 2013
Seriously disappointed in this ep.
Not so much that Yura made such a bad choice, but that they blocked it the way they did. She could have called hit, let the girl next to her shoot Rin, who was out of ammo, and still won, it looked like to me. That whole last fight was a mess.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Sep 8, 2013 10:58 PM

Aug 2013
skreyola said:
Seriously disappointed in this ep.
Not so much that Yura made such a bad choice, but that they blocked it the way they did. She could have called hit, let the girl next to her shoot Rin, who was out of ammo, and still won, it looked like to me. That whole last fight was a mess.

Sure they could have, that was intentional. There was no question Stella would have won that game at the point Yura chose to shoot Rin, that's partly what makes it such a bad call on Yura's part. That's the point.
Sep 21, 2013 12:10 AM

Dec 2012
Man I love watching Karila in action, she's always leaping around and doing crazy stuff. This episode was full of tension between Yura and the other girls as well as te intensity when fighting Rin's team. I was actually shocked by the results, I thought Stella would lose again but barely. Yura has let the competition and grudge match with Rin get to her head, I still feel a bit down about their empty victory. I wonder how the other girls would react if they knew that Yura cheated.
Sep 28, 2013 2:11 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Much better than the previous one, the only disadvantage of having a bit too much exaggeration and a logic of thinking too simple, almost trivial. Another thing that does not please me is the fact that he finished the tournament in one episode. Yes, there was a bit of involvement in me, but in the end the thing that I piaciuo is drawing. Vote with a point of encouraging more!
Oct 17, 2013 11:04 AM

May 2012
They actually won? Well that was a pretty nice episode, lets see what's next!
Oct 26, 2013 4:07 PM

Oct 2012
Yura cheated? How bad. Though I guess this would be matter of miliseconds.
They won. ButI just wonder, what the girl who shooted on her and Yura's team mate, they were still alive by then, no?
Oct 30, 2013 10:09 AM

Oct 2012
Karila vs Rin was intense and damn it Yura why haven't you called the hit you cheater that disappointed me -_-
Nov 10, 2013 10:03 AM

Jul 2009
The similarities between Yura and Rin ... they both see it eh? Especially with Yura not calling out being hit ... I suppose in real time it would've been really close, but still. Yura's slowly becoming a person she never wanted to be ... well, great character development at any rate. I wonder if she'll confess it next episode? Hmm ...
Nov 18, 2013 4:50 AM

Apr 2012
Oh man, Yura just went to the dark side. I guess it'll take Sonora to bring her back to the light side.
Dec 14, 2013 10:08 AM

Jun 2008
Marzan said:

Couldn't agree more with this comment. Why is everyone getting so upset the sow isn't completely boring and actually has some intrigue with the protagonist going all dark side and shit?
Jan 5, 2014 6:28 AM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
I now officially hate Hinata. She is extremely childish, plus she was the most vocal person against Yura but she ended up being the first of the team to be eliminated! She's a useless main character and I hate her.
Jun 5, 2014 6:25 AM

Nov 2013
I liked the gunfight between the blond girl and Rin. They were moving normally and then ... "woooo teleportation behind you"

I don't call this moving fast I call it magic and bullshit.
Dec 2, 2014 10:45 AM

Jun 2011
Monad said:
Marzan said:

Couldn't agree more with this comment. Why is everyone getting so upset the sow isn't completely boring and actually has some intrigue with the protagonist going all dark side and shit?
Because it's done so badly? Surely it's intriguing even tho it might just be predictable from here on out, but since when is Yura this kind of person? What about the thing with her past? How much time has passed since she joined the c3 club? She just.. changed? Since when she became their leader? Since when the second years have to listen to a first year? It just doesn't make sense. But hey, to each his own if people like stuff just because it's different.

Edit: Oh shiet, after reading a few posts, apparently that's what a haircut do to a person. People just change. I should stop questioning the magical haircut.
ToG25thBaamDec 2, 2014 10:57 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 4, 2014 3:25 AM

Feb 2013
I wonder if Yura will revert back to her old self. She is making a lot of mistakes as a person. She cheated! She should've called her hit! What the hell! The more episode pass, the more I dislike her. That was so dissapointing of her. I wonder how she'll live with that guilt.
Jul 7, 2021 3:51 PM

Feb 2020
Wow Yura was so innocent and fun loving girl at the beginning, but now she's so serious who will even cheat to win.

SerafosDec 23, 2023 3:29 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2013

137 by toralbabs »»
Feb 17, 9:43 PM

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Amarrez - Jul 18, 2013

129 by toralbabs »»
Feb 14, 8:33 PM

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jul 11, 2013

95 by toralbabs »»
Feb 10, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2013

179 by toralbabs »»
Feb 7, 7:44 PM

» Anyone else think the OP is really catchy?

Riptos - Aug 5, 2013

4 by Klefki_of_Awsome »»
Apr 6, 2023 6:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.