Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 21, 2013 6:45 PM
Sep 2009
Kokoro_Inuzuka said:
and the Captain was so adorbs C: too bad Gou-chan didn't blush a little when he called out to her or I'd totally ship them .-. She has like, no interest -___-

She's probably thinking along the lines of, "huh? Sorry, but why should I have to stare at only ONE guy's muscles when I can stare at muscles all day due to being a hardworking awesome manager. XD"

Or at least... that's what one WOULD think. XD haha
Aug 21, 2013 6:53 PM

Jul 2012
Dat shocking ending!!!
Aug 21, 2013 7:09 PM

Jan 2013
Best episode yet!

I'm not exactly surprised that Haru lost, but surprised that he wasn't able to advance regardless of his time...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2013 7:19 PM

Mar 2011
Hiryu12 said:
Why is Rin doing curl-ups in bed? That's kinda hard...
Not really. Sometimes I do them before bed and if anything it feels more comfortable than doing them on my mat.

All dat Rin though ;A;
He's hawt as hell
Lol @ everyone freaking out over what he said, like when u think about it, he never said anything that awful
Aug 21, 2013 7:21 PM

Apr 2012
i'm not sure whether to feel happy or not that Rin won, because that means he can fulfill his and his father's dream, but at the same time he's saying that he won't swim with Haruka ever again. And you saw that look of heartbreak in his eyes when he said that.
I didn't expect that though, what's Haruka gonna do now? :(
but the guys are gonna get revenge in the next episode....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2013 7:21 PM

Aug 2013
Now I'm disappointed that Haru lost. Rin's story was kinda sad, but he didn't have to be so mean about winning. At least we finally got to see some actual sport swimming this episode, which was nice.
wow gay
Aug 21, 2013 7:29 PM

Jun 2013
Wow that was a great episode. Rin was beastly!!! Not sure why he was doing curl-ups on his bed though, probably got his bed all smelly :p
BattousaiLuffyAug 21, 2013 8:14 PM
Aug 21, 2013 7:33 PM

Dec 2012
This episode had me thinking that they were going to cut off the race in some cliffhanger with how it was progressing, but I was on my edge and pleasantly surprised when they ended it in a the last few minutes.

I have a nagging question of whether or not Haru lost on purpose. I think what he had before the tournament was an omamori(?) that said "half-luck" as if he didn't want his talents to carry him as far as they might, as if he would give it a good try but didn't intend to win. He also told himself that the day of the race was when he'd finally be free...free of competition, if Rin could move on? He's only ever seemed to want to feel the water, after all.

Regardless, I was expecting Haru to lose but I wasn't expecting him to look so expressively torn about everything afterwards. I'm not sure if it was because of Rin's attitude or the fact that he might perceive Rin's victory as someone being able to feel the water more than himself (makes sense if you've read the prequell).

Also, Rin did a U-turn as far as impressions are concerned but I don't believe he's as much of a douche as everyone's accusing him to be, ahah.
That line "never swim with you again" is just him expressing relief (With Haru's aloofness, did Rin have a real reason to believe that Haru would be hurt by that?) and sealing his personal victory quickly before the idea that Haru can beat him in a rematch crosses his mind. He boasts when he needs that confidence to overcome fears. It's his act.
Aug 21, 2013 7:40 PM

Dec 2011
I guess this anime would end in the other Iwatobi members convincing Haru to join the relay, also with Rin's team too.

I can't wait what they do now that Haru is kinda mentally disabled from losing to Rin.
Aug 21, 2013 7:54 PM

Jan 2013
Edefrem said:
Hiryu12 said:
Not really. Sometimes I do them before bed and if anything it feels more comfortable than doing them on my mat.

All dat Rin though ;A;
He's hawt as hell
Lol @ everyone freaking out over what he said, like when u think about it, he never said anything that awful
B-But...

Dat somewhat of a cliffhanger.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Aug 21, 2013 8:13 PM

Jul 2010
Each episode I'm liking most Rin!
Aug 21, 2013 8:17 PM

Feb 2012
Towards the start of the episode rin told his kohai how haru had great talent but never swam for times, now that rin has beat haru and said he would never swim with haru again he just might have made some1 who's never swam for times start swimming for times which would be interesting.
Aug 21, 2013 8:28 PM

Jul 2012
Edefrem said:
Hiryu12 said:

It's way easier on a bed, especially when someone's holding you down. LOL
Aug 21, 2013 8:31 PM

Nov 2012
<3 this episode!!! Can't believe Haru lost! At first I felt bad for Run because of his father, but the way he acted towards Haru made me hate him!
Can't wait for next week!~
Aug 21, 2013 9:03 PM

Nov 2008
As bad as I felt for Rin's past, I still didn't want him to win. I can't believe Haru lost : (
When Makoto started cheering for him, I thought for sure he would win somehow..but noooooooo.

And then Rin had to be a total douche about it...seriously. I still can't believe Haru lost, I feel like it makes no sense. I had this weird thought that he was incapable of losing to Rin. However, like others said, Rin has been training for a very long time, so I guess....

I hope he doesn't stay depressed for long.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Aug 21, 2013 9:20 PM

May 2010
Finally my Makogou moments in the opening, I am loving this week. See how they were fighting, such an adorable ship.

You don't know how much Gou makes my day better than ever, such a great girl.

Man, Makoto is in every picture Gou took and he even has an exclusive photo for himself... Please tell me that there will be some romance in between these two. I want it badly... The.best.manager.ever!

Is Nitori....? It might just be me.. Rin's story was very sad, poor guy... Haha, Rei was nervous. Miho and her quotes xD

Data on their muscles, Gou you are the best xD He is still calling her Gou-kun... xD Rin won and Haru is out of tournament??? What will happen now. That's a twist which I wasn't expecting... I was sure that both of them will advance but Rin will still won...

I think they will win in relay since that's where friendship and teamwork will shine... The problem is what will happen with Haru now...
Aug 21, 2013 9:28 PM

Aug 2008
I was happy that Rin won, since he put in so much effort for his actions. Nonetheless, he sort of became a prick after winning.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Aug 21, 2013 9:39 PM

Jul 2011
Finally we get backstory for Rin to get to know his character a bit more. It actually made me cheer for him during the competition, even though he was a total douche to Haru. Speaking of Haru, I hope we get to see some character development for him soon, he's turning out to be a quite boring main character
Aug 21, 2013 9:47 PM

May 2013
Stark700 said:

Gou~

^This. Oh Gou, you are so wonderful!

Dat OST. That's all I could say about it.

So the fisherman Makoto is talking about is Rin's dad? Woah.

Intense race between Haruka and Rin. I expected Rin to win, and I was right.
But then Rin became a douche after winning. Poor Haruka.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Aug 21, 2013 9:56 PM

Apr 2013
Poor Haru :(
Aug 21, 2013 10:01 PM

Sep 2012
Rin doing sit ups in bed was so much fail. Situps on a soft surface are so inefficient. And he should have a better core to not need someone to hold his feet. lol

I guess Haru's loss was so the focus will be on the relay, which I assume they would win together? :)

Also, I can't wait for the butterfly event LOL!
Aug 21, 2013 10:03 PM

Jun 2013
This episode actually kind of disappointed me. Maybe it's just because it's such a big contrast from last week's episode? I really don't know...

When it ended, I was left thinking"that's it"? Not to mention, never have I ever felt the need to bash my head on a wall so many times... Learning more about Rin was nice, and I didn't mind the scenes between him and Nitori, but otherwise it just felt really empty. Aka, I'm too attached to this anime.

Also, Rin was such a jerk to Haru... >.<
Too lazy to make a signature. F*** it.
Aug 21, 2013 10:08 PM

Nov 2012
Aww Haru looks so sad at the end I cant believe he didnt place like at all,isn't he supposed to be good?

Im kind of surprised it ended so fast,i thought Haru vs Rin would have been more...dramatic?

“It’s fascinating. You know all these words, and they’re all English, but when you string them together into sentences, they just don’t make any sense.”
Aug 21, 2013 10:15 PM

May 2008
I wonder if they are going to do a relay to beat Rin :D

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 21, 2013 10:17 PM

Aug 2013
I will now fire 9,001 cannons at the Haruka x Rin ship and go for Makoto instead! I hate Rin he's a sharky asshole. lol

I'm soooo sorry, Haruka. Man, I felt that scene in my gut.

Love that ost lol. It takes a poweful scene to pull off dubstep XD
*facepalm*
Aug 21, 2013 10:31 PM

Jan 2011
Pretty good episode. Rin has an actual goal and is very determined whilst Haru just swims 'free' and doesn't really have a goal in mind. The dubstep track that played before the swimming match fit surprisingly well. The OST that played during the swimming match made it a lot more intense though, loved it. Rin ended up beating Haru and looks like Haru won't be swimming with Rin anymore. D: I'm sure Haru's going to train pretty hard in the next few episodes. All the fangirls must have loved this episode, those Rin x Haru moments lmao. xD
4/5
Aug 21, 2013 11:04 PM

Mar 2011
lindsayzzz said:
All the fangirls must have loved this episode, those Rin x Haru moments lmao. xD
4/5
lolnope
All the Rin/Haru fangirls are cyring their eyes out at then, which makes no sense to me. Like it was a douchey thing to say, but people are acting like Rin punched him in the face or something.
Aug 21, 2013 11:55 PM

Apr 2009
Edefrem said:
lindsayzzz said:
All the fangirls must have loved this episode, those Rin x Haru moments lmao. xD
4/5
lolnope
All the Rin/Haru fangirls are cyring their eyes out at then, which makes no sense to me. Like it was a douchey thing to say, but people are acting like Rin punched him in the face or something.

haha. I think that's two different things. First there's a group condemning Rin. I swear it's the manipulation of the music because Rin didn't act in a particularly douchier than usual way. (Also, he didn't say those things to purposefully draw out how Haru reacted. Haru's reaction was a surprise to even himself as Haru had expected to feel free when he was clearly upset even before Rin said anything to him). The people in that group don't seem to like Rin much in the first place.

Rinharu shippers might be a little sad because their ship got SUPER ANGSTY. But it's going to get better. Haru's fortune says so. "Your wishes will come true with help from others."

The happiest Rinharu ship moment in this episode was probably the appearance of the fortune, "You will be reunited with the person you want to see." -_-
Aug 22, 2013 12:06 AM
Mar 2010
I'm still shaking. The whole episode was awesome. Just, KyoAni the episode had awesome build up from the beginning! I was so nervous, so close to crying, so close to collapsing from feels!

RIN YOU BAKA!!!!!!!! How could you hurt your friend Haru like that? Haru was not free because of you and he tried so hard and you just throw him away like that? Why??????

Haru you poor baby let me hug you and comfort you!
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Aug 22, 2013 12:43 AM

Jun 2013
Fantastic episode! It's really good to get some focus on Rin and see his backstory. I felt so bad for both Rin and Haru in this episode. I mean, Rin was always kind of a douchebag, but his behavior at the end of the episode was still upsetting. And oh man, Haruuu. ;__; Poor baby.
Aug 22, 2013 1:16 AM
Aug 2012
Vesperlynd said:
Rin doing sit ups in bed was so much fail. Situps on a soft surface are so inefficient. And he should have a better core to not need someone to hold his feet. lol

That's exactly what I was thinking...
Aug 22, 2013 1:25 AM

Nov 2009
Too bad Haru didn't qualify. And we learn more about Rin's past.
Aug 22, 2013 1:28 AM

Dec 2012
Rin has been a jerk since episode 1, really confused on how people are so surprised.
Aug 22, 2013 1:56 AM

Mar 2009
Omg, it was like Haru was the puppy who got kicked in the stomach. :( I wonder if Rin will even care that Haru will (inevitably) win the relay. I guess the anime will go to a friendship over all theme.
Aug 22, 2013 2:05 AM

Sep 2012
I knew Rin was reaching the olympic dream for the kid who passed away in the photo from episode 2. What was unexpected was that it was his dad. I guess no more' I only swim to feel the water' nonsense anymore as it seems Haruka has a motivation now. Rin's excitement went overboard but it makes sense since he's finally free from Haruka's shadow after all those years.
egnaro15Aug 22, 2013 2:24 AM
Aug 22, 2013 2:25 AM

Oct 2012
Am I the only one who thinks Rin is not at fault here? I mean, it's his dad who couldn't get what we wanted. Besides Haruka FINALLY showed a reaction instead of that lousy "free" word he always says

and Rin's roommate annoys the heck out of me.

However the ending battle was TENSE. as much as I dont like dubstep this was fine with me. wubwubwubwubwub dis episode.

But srsly man whats wrong with swimming with Haruka? What about the other flop swimmers?
ah well

4/5
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Aug 22, 2013 2:34 AM

May 2013
Oh no haru lost he Rin was awesome and has an awesome piranha like teeth
Aug 22, 2013 4:48 AM
Feb 2010
god FUCKING DAMMIT RIN.

Also dubstep

Also this is the best anime I've ever seen

P.S. Nitori(n)
Aug 22, 2013 6:20 AM
Jun 2012
As a coincident, all Gou's research consists of looking at halfnaked boys. Must be hard on her.
Aug 22, 2013 6:58 AM
Jul 2013
this is drama episode.. :') sorry for Rin's father. also, Rin is so mean to haru! >:(
yeah, but this is a good episode with Gou reaction again.. :D
Aug 22, 2013 7:03 AM

Jul 2013
Damn, what an ending. Maybe Haru will get more serious about winning now!
Aug 22, 2013 7:26 AM

Jan 2009
Rin won this ep but Gou wins every ep
also the irony that Rin was mean when he won(was obvious based on his personality although maybe it was unintentional) while Haru tried not to hurt him(although his approach was bad so he had it coming)
amirhossAug 22, 2013 7:29 AM
Aug 22, 2013 7:46 AM

Oct 2012
I still don't get it how he couldn't qualify - they both ended practically at the same time.
(but I guess it was so-so even for Rin as he was 4th or 5th I think)
Aug 22, 2013 8:22 AM

Jul 2011
I swear I was just as hurt as Haru when Rin said he would never swim with him again. That was so cruel...
Aug 22, 2013 10:16 AM

Dec 2010
What I wanna know is... if Rin's father was a fisherman, how in the world could their family afford to send him to school in Australia?

This episode was unexpected... I didn't expect Haru to lose. I also don't get how Haru didn't even qualify. Does that mean he and Rin are just mediocre swimmers? Lol
Aug 22, 2013 10:18 AM

Mar 2011
Pknoctis said:
What I wanna know is... if Rin's father was a fisherman, how in the world could their family afford to send him to school in Australia?l
Scholarship maybe? And he went to Australia after his dad died so...
Aug 22, 2013 10:47 AM

Jun 2008
Can't wait for the OST to be released. I just love the dubstep they are using in this show o u o

And another good episode.
But why did you have to say something like that Rin? : ( Of course you guys will swim together again.
Aug 22, 2013 10:50 AM

Oct 2007
OMG all the drama in this episode, with Rin's past and the race at the end 0___0 but poor Haru to hear them words from Rin.

Monochrome said:
Had no clue who would win that race and I'm not sure how I feel about the result...just see how this plays out.

Lulexiaa said:
and omfg that cute moment when Captain was calling out to Gou OMFG he is superr cute!! ; u ;
Seriously Mikoshiba can be so adorable <333 I wish he had more screen time!

I totally agree he's such an adorable/carefree character

Kali7713 said:
More Rin hotness, and naked guy in background

Plus that definitely looks like a butt naked Mikoshiba xD
Aug 22, 2013 11:22 AM
Sep 2012
It seems like Mikoshiba is never going to give up on Gou.
Aug 22, 2013 12:10 PM

Oct 2011
Kinda sad that Haru didn't make it. Rin's backstory is really sad, and I liked his scenes with Nitori but I do hate the way he treats other people. Hoping Nagisa, Makoto and Rei manage to win!
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Free! shows demographic matters more than ever

Sanjay63773 - Jan 23

8 by Yaoi4U »»
Apr 3, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Free! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

lpf - Jul 24, 2013

315 by Luisito14 »»
Mar 21, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Free! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2013

408 by CCC47 »»
Jan 18, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Free! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2013

145 by CCC47 »»
Jan 18, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Free! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2013

170 by CCC47 »»
Jan 18, 6:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.