Forum Settings
Forums

OVA of Manga 'Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi' Announced for Special Edition of Vol. 53

New
Aug 21, 2013 1:13 AM

Sep 2012
According to the website of publisher Shogakukan, the upcoming volume 53 of manga "Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi", to be released on September 16th, will come with an anime OVA with its special edition. Unlike previous OVA releases in 2012, which had one episode of OVA bundled with each of the volumes 46, 47, and 49 of the manga, this time the OVA will contain 2 episodes: "Utsukushiki Tsubasa" about Shou and Kenichi fighting over Miu, and "Shinigami vs Akuma" about a story of Hayato and Apachai when Miu was still young.

Source: Shogagkukan website
NaruleachNov 18, 2013 12:44 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Aug 21, 2013 1:17 AM

Jun 2008
Oh my gawd....there's already so many volumes for this? o_o I'm really surprised. Seems pretty good for the fans.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2013 1:22 AM

Jul 2011
Now they want to do the whole series in ovas? *sigh*

Where is the 2nd season instead???
Aug 21, 2013 1:44 AM

Dec 2012
The manga is so far ahead that this needs at least 3 more seasons to catch up :(

Someone please picks this awesome manga back up and give us the full anime adaptations!!
Aug 21, 2013 1:47 AM

May 2011
Another OVA is always nice.
Aug 21, 2013 2:41 AM

Jul 2013
Should've just make a full anime adaptation instead...
EasyGo-erAug 21, 2013 2:49 AM

Aug 21, 2013 3:03 AM
Oct 2008
We need new season/seasons not ova.
Aug 21, 2013 4:08 AM

Aug 2011
I didn't realize there were any OVAs. With Tomoko Kawakami's passing, I assumed the anime wasn't going to continue.

This is interesting though. Any opinions on the new VA?

Vengeance of everyone's grudge.

"I didn't add it to my list so I forgot I was watching that." - lpf
Aug 21, 2013 4:11 AM

Sep 2012
Doaj said:
I didn't realize there were any OVAs. With Tomoko Kawakami's passing, I assumed the anime wasn't going to continue.
I think most would say Kugimiya Rie lived up to the role of Miu in the OVA.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 21, 2013 4:37 AM
May 2012
I heard this anime is good so another OVA is nice I guess and I'm planning on watching it.
Aug 21, 2013 4:55 AM

Sep 2009
symbv said:
Doaj said:
I think most would say Kugimiya Rie lived up to the role of Miu in the OVA.

well as much as I love kugimiya rie (watched almost everything she is in) I don't think she is right for this role.
Aug 21, 2013 5:24 AM

Aug 2013
If only the manga wasn't being too draggy to the point of being painfully stale i would probably keep my eyes on this OVA
Aug 21, 2013 5:39 AM

Sep 2012
komic said:
well as much as I love kugimiya rie (watched almost everything she is in) I don't think she is right for this role.
There are always a minority I'd say. Also I think you may have underestimated how much Kugyu you have seen -- Just in TV series (not counting movies or OVA) Kugyuu have appeared in over 200 series so far. To say that you have watched "almost everything" I think you must have watched at least 180 TV series in which she has a role.

Aug 21, 2013 5:42 AM

Oct 2012
I'm both happy and sad. I'm happy that I'll see some Kenichi finally getting animated and I'm sad because it isn't a full season instead of a freaking OVA. If they are worried that they won't get any new fans if they just continue with second season,they might as well remake the whole thing .
Aug 21, 2013 5:47 AM

Sep 2012
MaxYY said:
If they are worried that they won't get any new fans if they just continue with second season,they might as well remake the whole thing .
People always talk about remake but the fact is such thing is pretty rare. OVA has the benefit of much lower cost and it also has much direct effect of boosting manga sale (since it is bundled with the manga). For us from overseas, such factor is just lost on us because the internet piracy tears apart the manga part and the anime part so we don't even get to notice how much the OVA is linked to helping the manga sales etc

Aug 21, 2013 6:00 AM

Aug 2008
Can't wait to see Chikage animated,my favorite Yomi.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 21, 2013 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
I haven't read the manga yet but I have watched the anime before. However that was fucking ages ago so I'm somewhat need a refresh of memory on the franchise. Well whatever, I'll try this and how it goes.
Aug 21, 2013 6:32 AM

Feb 2009
I remember those stories that will be adapted and those were good ones. Though they're still skipping out on animating

And with Shou appearing before Kenichi and Miu, they're getting close to the
Here's hoping that after these strings of OVAs, they do a TV series about that arc. That was one of the best arcs.
They'd better give Kenichi his new uniform already. I was kinda pissed that he was still wearing casuals in the previous OVAs. He should already be in his disciple uniform on those. Ah well.
Aug 21, 2013 7:51 AM
May 2012
Another OVA!!! YEAH!!!
Well, it's atleast something, there's still hope for a second season.

Aug 21, 2013 8:59 AM

Nov 2010
I don't want an OVA, I want a second season.
Aug 21, 2013 9:37 AM

Oct 2010
Ovas, ovas, ovas... and not second season? T.T

Aug 21, 2013 9:44 AM
Sep 2012
They should just do a hunter x hunter(2011) version, start over from the beginning. Would be really sweet to see Kenichi kicking some ass in anime style again. Would be really awesome to see Shigure in loin cloth again <3
Aug 21, 2013 10:30 AM

Nov 2008
Why don;t they just make a second season a n be over with it
Aug 21, 2013 11:30 AM

Oct 2012
Mr_Gutts said:
Why don;t they just make a second season a n be over with it

Because it costs a lot of money and maybe they are afraid that it would be a failure.
Aug 21, 2013 2:07 PM

Feb 2012
IntroverTurtle said:

+1

But still I'm glad to see Kenichi getting at least some animated material.
Aug 21, 2013 4:48 PM

Mar 2009
nice nice, good to watch more from this series.
Aug 21, 2013 8:22 PM

Oct 2012
IntroverTurtle said:

This, like someone else said, they could make 3 seasons already, why keep bringing ovas? ( ´_ゝ`)
Aug 21, 2013 9:56 PM

Sep 2012
Mauroki said:
This, like someone else said, they could make 3 seasons already, why keep bringing ovas? ( ´_ゝ`)
Cost and risk balance factor? TV series do not come cheap you know.

Aug 21, 2013 11:01 PM

Aug 2013
They could easily make live action for this series to cover many parts of manga, rather than several separate OVAs for years
Aug 22, 2013 12:07 AM

Nov 2009
While this is a nice gesture which I will gladly accept, I'd still rather have a second season.
Aug 22, 2013 5:07 AM

Feb 2013
A new season is wanted.. I am so tired from waiting..
Aug 23, 2013 3:21 PM

Nov 2009
I wonder if it's not that popular in Japan? Every anime lover I know is dying to finally get another season. Still, an OVA is better than nothing, I'll take it.
Ero-Sennin got nothing on me.

Aug 26, 2013 4:44 PM
Jun 2013
At least a OVA is better then nothing but i would love to see a second season becouse this anime is awesome.
Aug 27, 2013 10:06 PM
Dec 2011
i agree a thrid season is needed but ova are fine as well
Sep 5, 2013 9:19 PM

Sep 2012
^ 12min is a really long preview...

Sep 27, 2013 8:37 PM
Sep 2013
no worries. I think they announced the second season starting beginning of 2014 with something like 44 episodes. according to Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenichi:_The_Mightiest_Disciple
Sep 27, 2013 8:41 PM

Nov 2010
joesomeones said:
no worries. I think they announced the second season starting beginning of 2014 with something like 44 episodes. according to Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenichi:_The_Mightiest_Disciple
It says [citation needed] right next to that, so don't hold your breath.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

69 by Jin_uzuki »»
22 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 9 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
6 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.