Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 31, 2012 10:32 PM

Apr 2012
Well, my own theory turned out to be quite off. In the end it was all just a coincidence... wow.

The lesson learned here is that if you hoard knick-knacks and arrange them nicely in your home then you too can cause an angel to fall from heaven!
Aug 20, 2012 11:27 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
am I the ONLY ONE here who LOVES this Arc? It REALLY grasped my interest!

FOR those confused, PLZ READ!!!

o.O I don't think its that hard really. Touma's dad accidentally released the Spell switching everyone's appearance around with his souveneir voodoo and leaving the house door open (Feng Shui) looool. However, It was the ANGEL of Christianity Misha that was the real "evil" and that Misha comes down to DESTROY the Earth with that spell. Kanzaki holds off the angel while Touma tries to find a way to undo the spell. Tsuchimikado explains that the only way to undo the spell is to kill the Spellcaster (Touma's Dad) or Destroy the ritual in 1 SHOT. Of course while watching that FIGHT, We're all LED ON including myself that Tsuchimikado was gonna kill Touma's dad. HAHAHA.

But then Tsuchimikado uses magic AND Unexpectedly BLOWS up the HOUSE (ritual) rather than kill Touma's dad. I WAS REALLY AMAZED. IT was done so well. THE UNEXPECTED came :D Tsuchimikado was COOLY Badass XD. When Tsuchimikado said there was gonna be a sacrifice, I thought it was GONNA be Touma's Dad, but Tsuchimikado was actually gonna SACRIFICE himself. Cause remember, Tsuchimikado can't use MAGIC since he has Esper power. If he use he'll die. WE can see that by how much BLOOD Tsuchimikado was coughing up. Tsuchimikado can't TELL Touma and the REST because if they know He gonna sacrifice himself, they won't LET him So therefore he knocks them down. As to why Kanzaki can't do the Magic spell, why Tsuchimikado??? its cause I DON'T THINK Tsuchimikado would LAST long enough to hold that angel since he don't have strong enough powers. VERY GLAD he survived, probably a Miracle, From how I interpret it, He was just being his COOL self when he said he knew he would survive (THE It was Nothing/braggingg Attitude HAHA) And ofc that's why Touma was annoyed. Someone trying to BE MORE cool than him HAHA. This ARC was actually REALLY WELL written and I UNDERSTOOD IT ALL JUST by WATCHING the episodes loool. Was really EXCITING TBH!

Read if you want, I just hope this clears up some CONFUSION for you people here! If questions, I probably can answers cause I understand it pretty well.

ALSO LAST scene Index was SOOOOO AWESOME!!! The real Index HAD taken on the Appearance of a Blue short haired girl because of the SPELL, and Touma WAS INDEED really mean to Her HAHA. I LOVE That BITE LOOOL XD
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 23, 2012 4:52 AM

Jun 2009
This arc would have probably been better off if it hadn't rushed through everything and have so many info dumps. A lot of it seemed random because of that. I'm just going to assume this series suffers from adaptation decay.
Ston3_FreeN7Dec 23, 2012 4:57 AM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 8, 2013 1:57 PM

Jan 2013
New OP... It's awesome :P
Jan 31, 2013 2:10 PM

May 2012
Oh boy this episode developed quite fast, nice ending though and nice to see their real parents! We might see them again sometime! Lets see what new arc is up ahead!
Feb 22, 2013 4:31 PM

Apr 2012
He was hospitalized just by a few punches? Gives "Level Zero" a whole new meaning.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Apr 24, 2013 12:16 PM

Nov 2011
3/5

Too bad, really bad this arc ends leaving many of the outstanding issues and giving us an ending too watered down. The designs are too ugly and non-animated well, the dialogues are too childish and the story is too confusing and rambling! Rating lowered!
May 24, 2013 3:04 AM

Jun 2009
probably the best fukou da so far.
May 30, 2013 8:55 PM
Jan 2013
Hana-kei said:
about this ep, i felt this story was too haste, so i guess many viewer who haven't read original light novels couldn't understand well circumstances or purpose of them

That's okay. I was glad it was rushed. It had gotten way old. The way people supposedly affected by this spell were not reacting to it was bothering me. Why didn't his mom and cousin seem to notice the others had been modified? I get that the dad wasn't affected because of his situation, but everyone else should have been freaking out.
I'm still waiting for this show to be about Index, who is only a side character since the end of the Limit episode.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Jun 19, 2013 12:06 AM

Dec 2010
New OP but not a new ED? Hm. The new OP is good tho.

Anyways, the episode was good as well. At first I thought that Tsuchimikado would die for real, but it seems like you can never know with such a liar as himself :D I don't even know what to believe anymore :D :D

It was also good that Touma's father didn't turn out to be the bad guy. That development line would have been way too sinister.
Jul 6, 2013 2:06 AM

May 2013
We need some accelerator or misaka arcs
Jul 31, 2013 12:01 AM

Apr 2013
Wait why didn't Tsuchimikado notice that Touma didn't recognize his father?I mean it only took him till he saw a picture of him to figure out he didn't change appearances (wait,why didn't he anyway?) I was waiting for him to mention that but he didn't.Am I missing something here?so confused @.@
Jul 31, 2013 1:55 AM

Aug 2009
S-ER said:
Wait why didn't Tsuchimikado notice that Touma didn't recognize his father?I mean it only took him till he saw a picture of him to figure out he didn't change appearances (wait,why didn't he anyway?) I was waiting for him to mention that but he didn't.Am I missing something here?so confused @.@
Tsuchimikado knows a lot of things due to his "job".If Touma wants to keep it a secret then why would he ruin it?One thing about Tsuchimikado is that
Jul 31, 2013 6:51 PM

Apr 2013
ssjokg said:
S-ER said:
Tsuchimikado knows a lot of things due to his "job".If Touma wants to keep it a secret then why would he ruin it?One thing about Tsuchimikado is that

Hm I just thought he'd notice it or find it weird but we weren't shown any of that,but if he did notice and didn't mention it,I see why now.it looks like I don't know enough about his character yet.Thanks for answering my question.
Nov 28, 2013 2:58 AM

Nov 2012
what an episode :o
I was think the angel fall is the dad
but that new chara is the boss :o
what kind of power..

and tsuchimikado :O
Dec 17, 2013 3:57 PM

Jan 2013
Lol.. well turns out I was right it was his father but still... lol :).

Yeey they are finally back to normal.
Apr 8, 2014 5:17 PM

Jul 2013
The one thing that confused me was the whole entire Misha/Sasha thing. The spell caster and the forming of the ritual was all just coincidental from the father with all those souvenirs. Then what was Sasha/Misha even doing there? What was her purpose?
Apr 9, 2014 3:28 AM

Aug 2009
ihusmal1234 said:
The one thing that confused me was the whole entire Misha/Sasha thing. The spell caster and the forming of the ritual was all just coincidental from the father with all those souvenirs. Then what was Sasha/Misha even doing there? What was her purpose?
The ritual caused her to appear at this world.It, the angel Gabriel, wants to stop the ritual in order to return to "heaven".
Jul 26, 2014 9:08 AM

Aug 2013
Tsuchimikado remind me of Kaiki from Monogatari. But that's a lie.

Poor Index, forgot that she was beaten during the whole arc xD

Damn, all that situation with his father was so confusing. He wasn't even a mage in the end :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 26, 2014 11:18 AM

Feb 2014
minouneetzoe said:
Tsuchimikado remind me of Kaiki from Monogatari. But that's a lie.

Poor Index, forgot that she was beaten during the whole arc xD

Damn, all that situation with his father was so confusing. He wasn't even a mage in the end :P

Some kind like accidentally cast a magic. This one was kinda a powerful one. His hobbies to collect luck charm really not a good one.
Aug 16, 2014 5:08 AM

Dec 2013
Meh, pretty weak ending to a promising arc.
More Misaka next ep :/
Aug 26, 2014 6:31 PM

May 2014
OMG, the story telling was BAD. I didn't even know what the hell the purpose of the Misha character was except to be a pop-up antagonist. I understand that she was created albeit accidently by Touma's dad setting the ritual up in the house unintentionally.
BUT still, the fact that I could not realize the connection between this arc to the previous arc was because there was ALMOST NO TRANSITION BETWEEN ARCS. I don't know how this ties into the rest of the story, and I sure hope that I find out. After what was good fast pacing with great tie-ins this last arc just felt dull.
Nov 27, 2015 1:54 AM

Mar 2014
NEW OP .
Fatherhood .
Power of God .
Priestess of Amakusa-shiki .
The Hero of the Fall ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2015 9:45 PM

Mar 2015
It was an OK episode until the hospital scene.

Index biting scene is amusing as ever and how Touma treated Index when Angel Fall occurred was funny.

Hyped for next episode as well.
Feb 20, 2016 4:29 PM

Mar 2015
So uh... these arcs are getting random over time. Like one story to another. Without anything connecting it.

I mean seriously. We don't have the memory problem anymore, or about Deep Blood, or about Mikasa, but we got a random family arc with cute Mikasa...

Well anyway, Misha was random. That friend of his being a powerful Necessaries was random. But okay... more Mikasa plz

Aug 24, 2016 9:38 PM

Dec 2013
I feel trolled by this episode. Amazing how a guy can occidentally create a spell that could potentially destroy the world.

I still have no idea about what the point of Misha was..
Dec 4, 2016 8:31 AM

Jun 2013
It was a fair arc. I wasn't satisfied with the explanation as to what that angel (Misha) was, and why they were there at all. I don't know, I guess I've kind of given up on this series being sensible, so I'm pretty much not expecting anything good at this point.

rabbitpoets said:
what the heck was this? what was the point of the whole tsuchimikado fight if he was just going to blow up the house anyway? so mischa just happened to get lucky that someone in the world just happened to rearrange their souvenirs in the perfect way? does index do anything anymore besides show up at the end of arcs to glomp on touma? how am i still watching this show?

These are all very good questions.
Jan 25, 2017 11:41 AM

Sep 2016
omg toma's mom is sooo hawwtt and her voice is beyond angelic
Facta Non Verba
Nov 15, 2017 9:14 AM

Apr 2013
So that guy I don't give a crap about didn't die... cool. I still don't get what was up with that Russian chick though O_O
Jan 23, 2018 12:49 PM

Aug 2015
C'mon, I liked this arc, but the whole "the magic was done by accident" and also "Tsuchimikado is gonna die... but not really" were really crappy.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓☆ふわふわる▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ふわふわり☆▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      BE KAWAII         
Apr 20, 2018 5:42 AM

Sep 2017
DAAAAA!!FFKKKKOOODAAAA!!!

This episode was cool and funny as well. I really liked Tsuchimikado's antics.

"Work you fools!"

I think 2 members of the Kururugi family were ill treated that day.

Anyway,the angel reveal was done well, and for one, someone other than Touma saves the day.

Does this also mean that Touma's mom hugged Tsuchimikado? Lucky guy.

Well, Kamijou Shiina's VA sounded 17 years old ETERNAL, so there is that.

That index part at the end had me in laughs.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Oct 28, 2018 1:38 PM

Dec 2014
so like the dad was the culprit but he didn't know huh.... liking the new op
Jan 7, 2019 7:05 PM

Dec 2014
how the hell do you accidentally use a spell strong enough to fuck up the entire world and not even realize it after the fact

Touma's father is amazing
Feb 18, 2019 3:27 AM

Aug 2017
So, Misha was Archangel Gabriel all the time and it is using the appearance of Sasha Kreutzev. And Touma's dad was partly responsible for causing Angel Fall by coincidence.

Hmmmm, Tsuchimikado's esper ability saved him. I see.

Well, the arc is over. It was good!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 22, 2019 11:05 AM
Aug 2013
In defense of Touma, I have to say that he wasn't easily beaten. Tsuchmikado is a strong opponent and he punched him in vital spots that he challenged Touma to bear them for just 10 secs, that why he was hospitalized.
Mar 5, 2020 9:22 AM

Aug 2018
Well, yes, we kinda got explanation on Touma's "unluckiness" previously by Index.. She just said that his negating powers arm is probably blocking god's sent luck.. Well, god sends some blessings to all people, but Touma blocks his.. Something like that.. But Index said this really before Touma lost his memories.. So don't know, if she told him this later or not.. If not, Touma might not remember her explanation..
But it also makes sense that it made to Touma problems his whole life then.. Well, at least father says that he was unfortunate at least since childhood, and others didn't want to be near him, so he had powers probably back then?..
Hm.. Misha's eyes look like Index', when she was under church's influence.. Could be Misha controlled by church, perhaps?..
Hm.. So.. Angel became fallen angel or something, and now plans to return to heaven, by performing one of old rituals, known as cleansing, genocide of people for their sins?.. Is that, what the plot is?.. A bit out of nowhere.. But well, we got mentioned about angel.. This world is weird..
So freaking Feng shui started the fall of an angel?.. What?.. This world is really weird..
Well, it gets left out of scene.. But I really would like to see Index and Touma talking things through, and them trusting each other.. Now it really is left as a question, how much Touma tells Index in the end.. And how much he trusts her.. I'd really want to see them it talking through, not only assuming that it might have happened off scene..
Nov 2, 2020 6:40 AM

Jan 2017
Touya's "accidental" placement of 3000 ITEMS that lead to a magic spell triggering Angel Fall + Tschumikado's roundabout method of solving this problem... yes this arc is actually a big sack of shit.

Only thing to be taken note of here are the concept of angels themselves, I find it interesting that they're not portrayed as the "good guys" as a lot of media do but instead these "beings that only follow the word of God".

Now on to the next arc!
Aug 30, 2021 11:35 PM

Mar 2016
The Kamijo's had insurance on that new house that covered 'mysterious explosions', right? xD

Tsuchi really is that friend you absolutely cannot trust. Although feel his prompt recovery really ruined the whole sacrifice moment. If he was going to be allowed to survive it, at least have him visit Touma looking like he's still recovering from a warzone or something.

That Index visit at the end though did bring the dark reality of Angel's Fall into light though "you strangled me, you buried me up to my neck, you smashed a door in my face" Only when that last one happened at the time did I actually feel bad for Index since I knew it was actually her. Wonder how many bite scars Touma has on his body now :P
Mar 15, 2022 4:26 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I am kinda just so rly big time confused after all of this :c

May 5, 2022 8:04 AM
Oct 2019
Cool Fight Animation, okay conclusion i guess...

Wow always ended the Arc with Touma in Hospital again and Index Bite.
Nov 4, 2023 8:48 PM
May 2020
one thing i learnt is that Tsuchimikado Motoharu is a chronic liar
Nov 20, 2023 3:03 PM

Nov 2023
I really like this opening theme. Another music saved in my playlist.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» So, Where is Index 4?

BerriesSan - Apr 14

2 by BerriesSan »»
Apr 15, 9:12 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cabaret - Mar 18, 2009

279 by R2Doucebag »»
Mar 27, 8:18 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

AkariChan - Feb 5, 2009

155 by 8iman »»
Jan 14, 3:53 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 29, 2008

205 by DebiPS »»
Jan 11, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Index - probably the most annoying character ever. ( 1 2 )

Rodaa - Jan 24, 2014

74 by Kayfee »»
Dec 6, 2023 11:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.