Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 20, 2013 10:29 PM

Jul 2009
Oh god those headphones
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Aug 20, 2013 10:31 PM

Feb 2012
Really enjoyed this episode especially the first half. I can barely watch Newsreporter fails without feeling uncomfortable for some reason so idea me sitting there having her to go up to that guy LOL
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Aug 20, 2013 10:45 PM

Sep 2012
That last scene felt really sad :/ kinda killed my happy mood after the headphone scene.
Aug 20, 2013 11:01 PM

Oct 2011
LMFAO Her mother hearing the voice over with the voice actor. Oh god that was the most hilarious thing this episode.
Aug 20, 2013 11:03 PM

Jul 2013
DonCanas said:
That last scene felt really sad :/ kinda killed my happy mood after the headphone scene.

Yeah, the last scene was kind of sad... but when Tomoki saw the home video hahaha! The episode was full of cringeworthy moments, I had to stop 2 times or three before continuing lol.
Aug 20, 2013 11:29 PM

Nov 2011
Man, they just show how I spent my summer vacation. I lol when she ask the VA to said all of those lines instead of choosing one of those.

Her brother reaction to the video when they were kids was funny too. People sure change when they grown up.

I don't think I need to say anything about the headphone scene since others have said enough about that.

Aug 20, 2013 11:59 PM
Nov 2012
Awesome episode, extremely cringe-worthy, albeit.

Y'all already know about the part where her mom walks in on her.

I found the brother's reaction at their childhood video kinda odd. Did he go into depression or something?

Last scene was, pitiful. :(
Aug 21, 2013 12:05 AM

May 2009
Just when I think Tomoko can't sink any lower, she proves me wrong again by going even further.

This episode had too many good moments. Even the first five minutes where basically nothing happened had me snickering like an idiot.

Best parts:
- Tomoko threatening to pee on her brother's carpet (and pretty much doing so initially). She had to bribe him with ice cream to have him watch her light off fireworks (and perhaps to make up to him).
- The reaction of the girls behind her when she asks the VA to say that incredibly perverted bit and him actually saying that line (surprised she actually managed to ask him and that he didn't mind saying it at all)
- Tomoko masturbating to that line, only to be caught by her mother (I know how that feels)
- The childhood marriage video. Tomoki has probably tried to get that out of his head for years. I wonder if he secretly cares more for his sister than he lets on, but is merely grossed out by her erratic behavior.

Her parents seem to take her behavior quite well. Both her father and her mother have caught her during extremely embarrassing times, yet they respond as if they didn't even see or hear it. Either they're used to it, or they don't really care much about it, probably writing it off as typical teenage behavior.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2013 12:26 AM

Apr 2013
Oh Tomoko..funny episode as always and her being embarrassed I just cant~
Aug 21, 2013 12:57 AM

Apr 2009
I remember that seiyuu voice recording thing Tomoko attended. Good to see that make it here to the adaptation. That scene with her mother... priceless. That's why one should never use headphones and keep the speaker on at the same time (apart from checking where the headphone is plugged in).

A page in Tomoki's own black history has been opened, lol.
Aug 21, 2013 1:15 AM

Aug 2008
Sury said:
The first part reminded my of my last holiday, which makes me kinda sad.

Makes you actually miss those days once you enter the workforce.

I chuckle every now and then, Tomoko is funny. In the weird way ;)
Aug 21, 2013 1:32 AM

Jul 2011
LOL when her mother has entered into the room ahahahaha
Aug 21, 2013 1:50 AM

Jul 2013
This episode... It's funny, but really painful at the same time to see how Tomoko uses up during her summer time.

Anyway funny how Tomoko's mother came in hearing all those sound from her headphones XD. Huh the video that she saw when they were little, never knew they were happy together.

Aug 21, 2013 2:04 AM

Feb 2012
I can't even express my love for this anime. I laughed so HARD. Made me a bit depressed though, when I realized that my summer break consists of pretty much the same what Tomoko was doing...
Yeah, the VA was a real pro. And I really like Tomoko's parents, both of them have seen her in such strange situations, but acted lilke everything was fine. Not everyone can handle that.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Aug 21, 2013 2:57 AM

Feb 2012
Even though Tomoki didn't light the fireworks and just watched from the window Tomoko seemed happy at the end which was nice.
ShazayAug 21, 2013 3:02 AM
Aug 21, 2013 3:09 AM

Mar 2013
This was actually the best episode so far. I was pleasantly surprised, and glad I didn't drop this after the really disappointing start.
Aug 21, 2013 5:58 AM

Oct 2012
I knew that feels, Tomoko.. I knew that very well, when you at the first day of holiday
Aw poor cicada :(
So, her brother still goes to school at summer break? Must be a stupid student xD

Wow, 20XX when is it
Gettodaze!! xD
Lol, poor little bro..
Look at those fangirls :D

Hello old ED!!
Tips for the day : Never put something in a wrong hole xD

Sakonke5 said:

Lol lib bro so siscon

Mikenzb said:

MyTube... The anime version of YouTube.... They so look alike....

It should be Itube or Yourtube xD

babymilo91 said:
That whole scene when her mom walked in and heard everything LOL!

Lol her mom's face must be so priceless

The_Mad_Wizard said:

And this!

Lol yes please :)

Earwen said:
I had to pause watching because of all the second hand embarrassment I felt.

I knew that feels xD

Genix said:
Sury said:
The first part reminded my of my last holiday, which makes me kinda sad.

Makes you actually miss those days once you enter the workforce.

Now you make me sad.. I want my holidays back :(

KingLear said:
I can't even express my love for this anime. I laughed so HARD. Made me a bit depressed though, when I realized that my summer break consists of pretty much the same what Tomoko was doing...
Yeah, the VA was a real pro. And I really like Tomoko's parents, both of them have seen her in such strange situations, but acted lilke everything was fine. Not everyone can handle that.

Yes I want holidays too :(
I hope I could get parents like that xD
"Signature removed"
Aug 21, 2013 6:37 AM
Aug 2011
"Six days of the summer break are gone and I haven't done a damn thing!"

On that moment I said: "Don't worry Tomoko, my summer break is almost gone and I haven't done a thing too, so it's ok, you are not alone".

Epic anime.
Aug 21, 2013 7:23 AM

Oct 2012
That scene when her mum came and her headphones were unplugged was simply brilliant.
Aug 21, 2013 8:25 AM
Jan 2011

Is it just me or does tomoko's brother have siscon feelings for her, eeeewwww?
Aug 21, 2013 9:35 AM

Mar 2008
Moccochi and her mom both seem traumatized.

To everyone that thinks there is some incest thing going on your minds are a bit warped if you think little children saying they want to marry someone is incest. Little kids don't understand different types of love so that's normal for them to say that sort of thing. Whoever they love most they will say they want to marry them but its not really sexual and not really romantic intent.

If it does serve any purpose aside from showing there was a good bro and sis relationship in the past it might show more of why Tomoki acts colder to his sis. Its he used to look up to her so much and his hopes got let down that she didn't become what he wanted and didnt show as much affection to him. Of course even that could be overanalyzing things.
Aug 21, 2013 9:58 AM

May 2011
I think I would have appreciated this episode more in the beginning of summer. Now it just reminds me that I have less than a week before school starts.
Aug 21, 2013 10:26 AM

Jul 2008
Nasty001 said:

Is it just me or does tomoko's brother have siscon feelings for her, eeeewwww?

It's just you.
Aug 21, 2013 10:40 AM

Sep 2009
Haha, just as I thought. That someone would hear it. HAHA :P
Also, tomoko and her brother was so cute while they're still small.
Lol @her brother though XD
Aug 21, 2013 11:31 AM

Apr 2013
Mothers entering the room always at the wrong time D:
Aug 21, 2013 11:55 AM

Jun 2013
Tomoki after seeing that childhood video - awesome! xD

I really enjoyed this anime for the first time
Aug 21, 2013 1:23 PM

Mar 2013
Oh, also I forgot to ask, but does anyone know what all the animes she was watching were? I didn't know the first one, I'm pretty sure the second one is Detective Conan (even though I don't really know anything about that anime at all so the joke was still lost on me) and I think the last one might've been Doraemon(sp?)...? Although that's just based on things I heard because of the Dangan Ronpa translated let's play regarding Monobear's va.
Aug 21, 2013 2:34 PM
Apr 2011
Urrgh, this anime is really annoying. I hate people like Tomoko; they're introverted, and they enjoy living an introverted life (Tomoko loves just spending her summer in her room playing games), yet they're unsatisfied and want to live like an extrovert, despite them being extremely uncomfortable doing simple extroverted things, particularly small talk.
Just make some online friends, have one or two close friends in real life, and be happy with that. Stop trying to be somebody you're not.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2013 2:47 PM

Feb 2008
Far too much awkwardness for me. I feel sorry for Tomoko's brother and her family...

And the ending, that was brilliant!
Aug 21, 2013 3:50 PM

Jul 2010
Oh man, the embarrassing moments. That handshake event, those childhood videos and the 'forgetting to plug in the headphones' too. I love how her mother just stood there in total silence and Tomoko even let it play. xD

Aug 21, 2013 5:32 PM

Jun 2013
i feel sad or her and you're her brother you should hang out with her a little you're the one who wanted to marry her!
Aug 21, 2013 8:57 PM

Jan 2009
You know.. I thought I was seeing things until I went back and watched Episode 6 and sure enough, I wasnt..

There's some subtle differences in the opening in Ep. 7. They layered in some images of Tomoko singing/mouthing along to the lyrics throughout the opening video.
"I don't want to live the dream because dreams always end when they get to the good part." - Sebastian Carmichael, A.R. Dragonfly
Aug 21, 2013 9:49 PM

Apr 2007
Best episode so far. I wanted to kill myself the entire headphones + mom scene.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Aug 21, 2013 10:21 PM

May 2012
Some good parts here and there, but didn't find it as good as the last 2-3 episodes.
Aug 21, 2013 10:36 PM
Jul 2007
This anime is a 10/10. It has not ceased to amaze me.
Aug 22, 2013 12:15 AM

Jul 2011
I haven't laughed out loud to an anime in a very long time. The scene with her mom and the unplugged headphones really got me
Aug 22, 2013 12:25 AM

Jul 2010
makoa69 said:
Urrgh, this anime is really annoying. I hate people like Tomoko; they're introverted, and they enjoy living an introverted life (Tomoko loves just spending her summer in her room playing games), yet they're unsatisfied and want to live like an extrovert, despite them being extremely uncomfortable doing simple extroverted things, particularly small talk.
Just make some online friends, have one or two close friends in real life, and be happy with that. Stop trying to be somebody you're not.

^This. I always thought that if she couldn't talk to anyone irl, then she could at least make online friends. Except that after being an introvert for so long and actually never having the skills to talk to people. It's difficult to break out of that shell. So I see where she comes from.

Not to mention the embarrassment you feel from watching her. This anime either makes me feel good about myself or I can relate to it at times.
You may read this quote , "However, by that point you'll have been torn to pieces."
Aug 22, 2013 1:24 AM
Jul 2013
straggy said:
Oh, also I forgot to ask, but does anyone know what all the animes she was watching were? I didn't know the first one, I'm pretty sure the second one is Detective Conan (even though I don't really know anything about that anime at all so the joke was still lost on me) and I think the last one might've been Doraemon(sp?)...? Although that's just based on things I heard because of the Dangan Ronpa translated let's play regarding Monobear's va.

The first one is Kiki's Delivery Service.
The second one is Detective Conan.
The last one are kiteretsu daihyakka.The color of korosuke is changed so it looks like Doraemon. Both are written by the same manga Cartoonist
Aug 22, 2013 7:58 AM

Jun 2013
she's such a cute girl back then, has more facial expression, just why with the change?
she has the most awkward moment, the unplugged headphone one is the most fail moment, poor girl XD
Aug 22, 2013 10:45 AM

Apr 2012
lmao
Aug 22, 2013 11:01 AM

Mar 2013
ryokutya said:
straggy said:

The first one is Kiki's Delivery Service.
The second one is Detective Conan.
The last one are kiteretsu daihyakka.The color of korosuke is changed so it looks like Doraemon. Both are written by the same manga Cartoonist

Oh ok, thank you!
Aug 22, 2013 11:23 AM

Jun 2012
Haha now her mom had to walk into something weird, this anime never ceases to amaze me.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Aug 22, 2013 11:53 AM

Dec 2007
lksgman said:
I hate the incest memory of the show.

A lot of kids say that they will marry their parents or siblings. Children don't understand it at that age.
Aug 22, 2013 11:59 AM

May 2013
unameesan said:
she's such a cute girl back then, has more facial expression, just why with the change?

Besides the fact that I'm a boy, the same thing happened to me as I grew up.
Anyways, good episode as usual. The first half of this episode pretty much shows what I do on my breaks from school which made me laugh though i have one friend that comes over. The second half was hilarious when her mom walked in and when that guy actually said everything Tomoko requested. I feel so bad for Tomoki though for having to deal with her.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Aug 22, 2013 12:02 PM

Dec 2007
makoa69 said:

What makes you say Tomoko is introverted? Having social anxiety doesn't make her introverted. It's not like she prefers to be alone. If she did she wouldn't have fantasies about becoming popular. It's much more likely that she is an extrovert.
Aug 22, 2013 3:20 PM

May 2009
Earwen said:
makoa69 said:

What makes you say Tomoko is introverted? Having social anxiety doesn't make her introverted.

Yes, it does. She's secluded, not talkative and lives a largely solitary life. That makes her a typical introvert.

It's not like she prefers to be alone. If she did she wouldn't have fantasies about becoming popular.

That's irrelevant. Fantasies do not determine whether you're one or the other. Both sides can have fantasies and dreams of becoming (more) popular. Only your social behavior gives away what side you belong to.

It's much more likely that she is an extrovert.

Yuu-chan is an extrovert. She's energetic, talkative and assertive – basically everything Tomoko is not.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2013 3:24 PM

May 2013
unameesan said:

The answer I think is very similar to a monologue from Kasukabe-san from Genshiken "The tragedy of it is that it is not something you strive to become, one day you wake up and you are one" i.e. If you look closely the only real difference between Tomoko and Rikka Takanashi is that the later has friends (and love interests), I would even dare to say Tomoko is more normal than Rikka (since she has no big trauma from the past).

AO968 said:
Yes, it does. She's secluded, not talkative and lives a largely solitary life. That makes her a typical introvert.

Yuu-chan is an extrovert. She's energetic, talkative and assertive – basically everything Tomoko is not.

This is a very common mistake. Being an introvert has NOTHING to do with being a social shut-in and being an extrovert has NOTHING to do with a jock that talks like a radio host. An introvert is someone that does not let other people get to know the real him/her, no matter what approach is used. So an introvert can go to parties, movies, be part of an athletic team and be very popular, but no one knows the real him/her because he/she never talks about his likes and dislikes, he just goes with the flow and avoids confrontation with witty remarks or jokes. On the other side of the spectre an extrovert can be a shut-it like tomoko who tells her brother ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING in her mind (to her brothers chagrin), the only reason she does not tell somebody else is because she lack the skill to start a conversation with someone she does not already know.
mangamuscleAug 22, 2013 3:30 PM
Aug 22, 2013 4:07 PM

Sep 2011
Come to think of it, it seems that I can't accurately type Tomoko's personality...
An INTP maybe? Like most of the internet?

Her brother Tomoki though, he's probably an ISTP.
Like one of those lone-wanderer hero from cowboy/samurai shows.
Aug 22, 2013 10:49 PM

Mar 2012
The scene with Tomoko and Tomoki is even more hilarious after watching the final episodes of OreImo.
Aug 23, 2013 5:59 AM

Dec 2007
mangamuscle said:

AO968 said:

This is a very common mistake. Being an introvert has NOTHING to do with being a social shut-in and being an extrovert has NOTHING to do with a jock that talks like a radio host. An introvert is someone that does not let other people get to know the real him/her, no matter what approach is used. So an introvert can go to parties, movies, be part of an athletic team and be very popular, but no one knows the real him/her because he/she never talks about his likes and dislikes, he just goes with the flow and avoids confrontation with witty remarks or jokes. On the other side of the spectre an extrovert can be a shut-it like tomoko who tells her brother ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING in her mind (to her brothers chagrin), the only reason she does not tell somebody else is because she lack the skill to start a conversation with someone she does not already know.

Ditto
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2013

240 by Thnikkakid »»
Apr 11, 7:56 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2013

201 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 11, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2013

377 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:48 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

rederoin - Jul 8, 2013

653 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:26 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2013

400 by moefulsuicide »»
Mar 7, 3:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.