Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 30, 2009 9:01 PM

Jan 2008
A phone conversation between a young voice actress and her agent -

Agent - A chan! I got a role for you just now

VA - Great news! what is it?

Agent - Oh you play the mo-e highschool girl, totally cute and tender.

VA - Ok, I can handle that. What house?

Agent - Kyo-Ani,,, doing a KeyVisualArts visual novel adaptation.

VA - OH MY GOD!! I'M F'n GOING TO DIE!!!
Jan 30, 2009 9:02 PM

Oct 2007
RaitoTheReaper said:
*DROWNING IN MY TEARS*
How can they play that happy ending theme after that!? Not right. ToT

haha, yeah. The ending theme kind of ruined the mood.
Jan 30, 2009 9:16 PM
Jun 2007
I knew from the movie this would happen. But i prayed SOO much that she would live and they would live happily together. After seeing the end, I couldnt help but shed some tears. By far the most depressed ive felt in so long.
Moderator Edit: Signature deleted. Please re-read the General Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2009 9:24 PM

Mar 2008
Viperslayer said:
uhhhhhhhhhhhhh and im spent.

Done with this series.

lol rly?

Jan 30, 2009 9:41 PM

Jun 2008
*SPOILER**SPOILER**SPOILER**SPOILER**SPOILER**SPOILER**SPOILER**SPOILER*
*SPOILER**SPOILER**SPOILER**SPOILER*Nagisa is revived.
.:When life gives you lemons, give them back and ask for strawberries instead:.
Jan 30, 2009 10:20 PM

Jan 2008
well..I think the after story part is terrific. this episode was great too. I just wished that the clannad movie came out AFTER the second season. now it seems that season 2 is a little repetitive and the same as the movie

Jan 30, 2009 11:21 PM

Dec 2008
Dang, a lot of interesting ideas were brought up again; the story about the girl in the imaginary world and the characters from high school, although I wish i could see Tomoyo again TT_TT </3. At least it's good to hear from the old characters again. I know that this was going to happen, but I'm still crying. OMG why?!?!?! I thought I was prepared for this too!! This is going to put me at a depressing mood for a long time. This was diffrent from the movie.
Although this had more character depth. I still can't belive that this is happening now.

What if?

On a different note:
I wonder if they'll be going into the Ryou story. I've played up to the after story part of the game. I think I might pick up the game again.
Lunatic-krJan 30, 2009 11:30 PM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

Jan 31, 2009 12:09 AM

Jul 2008
Lunatic-kr said:
This was diffrent from the movie.

I know, it was more beautiful when Nagisa was singing Dango song and then passed away, now she just... died. And Nagisa said just "she's cute" and in a movie it was more beautifuly ;;________;;

Jan 31, 2009 12:33 AM

Feb 2008
I almost started shedding bitch tears. Too sad.
Jan 31, 2009 2:07 AM
Apr 2007
DAMN IT! GAH! WHY?!

It was all going so well! The series still remains as a pinnacle and a mix of light-hearted humor and tear-jerking scenes and situations, but...muuuuu~! I'm soooooo going to miss Nagisa...

Cried last night too, damn you Key and KyoAni for making such a spectaculair show!

Torch at the end was kind of uber fail though. Super sad scene, followed by a super happy bouncy Nagisa. Sure. >_>;
Jan 31, 2009 2:28 AM

Aug 2007
Wow i'm comment number 104 after two days of this anime being subbed. I got tears in my eyes. Great ep. But I've seen it coming since i watched the movie but damn, I still can't help it. This just shows on how great Clannad is.
Jan 31, 2009 3:10 AM

Nov 2008
hirahira said:
Noooooooooooo ;______;

when I first found out what would happen to her, I was actually happy because I didn't like her back then but After Story made me love her and now I am really sad T_T

Well, Exactly what I though. In the 1st season I didn't like Nagisa much, but after this I just hope she could live just a bit longer....to experience the new family with ushio...T.T The end kinda depresses me...
Jan 31, 2009 3:54 AM

Nov 2007
NOOO TT__TT
Jan 31, 2009 6:29 AM

Dec 2007
Don't watch it twice; it's even sadder the second time.
Jan 31, 2009 6:38 AM

Sep 2008
I watched in in the morning yesterday...so i got depressed for all the day
Good Job !
Jan 31, 2009 7:37 AM

May 2007
HybridKira said:

I don't know what the hell happened, I thought this event would be tear jerking. But nothing came out, although I realized how sad it is.

Normally, I have teary eyes for less dramatic events, I wonder what's wrong.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2009 8:11 AM

Jul 2007
rethardus said:
HybridKira said:

I don't know what the hell happened, I thought this event would be tear jerking. But nothing came out, although I realized how sad it is.

Normally, I have teary eyes for less dramatic events, I wonder what's wrong.

Hey dun worry u not the only one( though I rarely cry no matter how sad the anime could get)
Jan 31, 2009 10:02 AM

Oct 2008
Im feeling really upset about Nagisa - i didn't cry, although i did feel like i was going to. I hope Tomoya can somehow get through this.
Also it would have been better if they didn't play any Ed.
Jan 31, 2009 10:59 AM

Dec 2007
...goddamnit...
Jan 31, 2009 11:02 AM

Aug 2007
AntiDentite said:
I can't believe they played Torch at the end. Way to kill the mood.

Also, I was slightly disappointed at the episode. They didn't make it as emotionally powerful as I expected. Nagisa DIED. You can do better than flashbacks :(
Jan 31, 2009 11:26 AM

Jan 2008
kevo said:
Also, I was slightly disappointed at the episode. They didn't make it as emotionally powerful as I expected. Nagisa DIED. You can do better than flashbacks :(

I dunno, personally, I think they couldn't possibly have made it better. Let me say it like this, the fact that I never cry while watching anime remains, but Nagisa's death probably had more of an impact on me than ANY anime I've ever seen in my life.

In other words... Air episode 12 was NOTHING compared to this.
Jan 31, 2009 12:09 PM

Nov 2008
I didn't think it was all that sad. : I was all prepared with tissues but I found Misuzu's and Makoto's death to be much sadder...

Now Shima's disappearance, THAT was sad. ;_; Even if he lived technically.
Jan 31, 2009 12:17 PM

Aug 2008
Okay, that made me cry. ;-;
Jan 31, 2009 1:48 PM

Dec 2007
Wow, what a sad episode, can't say I didn't expect this though.

But why the hell did they still use Torch as the ending!? You'd think after something emotional like Nagisa dying would make them change the ending theme...
[color=#3399CC]All credit goes to Daika-san.
[/color]
Jan 31, 2009 2:12 PM

Jul 2008
Gosh, these episodes are really killing me. D`:
Now we have to see Tomoya all depressed, and that's such a horrible site.

[ ] Me and Yuusei; we's like peas and carrots~ [ ]
Jan 31, 2009 2:25 PM

Feb 2008
Ohh man, even thou I saw it coming, watching it is something else.
Jan 31, 2009 3:24 PM

Jan 2009
This is the saddest episode of Clannad After Story so far.
Jan 31, 2009 4:58 PM

Dec 2008
darkside099 said:

Anyways here people cheer up:

*after finally calming down, looks at picture and continues to cry again*

This is my least favorite episode...so...so sad. I really thought she was going to pull through and was setting myself up for the warm and fuzzy feeling but then she died. It hit me like a fricken sludgehammer. My smile turned into a gasp and my expression turned from happy to freaken balling.

Jan 31, 2009 7:34 PM

Sep 2008
i feel mysf so shocked that i couldnt cry but 10 mins after i couldnt stop....please nagisa....live
oh i hope the other world thing is to save nagisa...please.....oh i cant belive they can make mesuffer like this

clannad daisuki.....reunion good....nagisa sad...tomoya poorguy...
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jan 31, 2009 7:51 PM

Aug 2008
Too sad..... too sad.....Nagisa why did you have to die..... T_T
Jan 31, 2009 8:04 PM

Jul 2008
Ugh so sad...but Ushio exists now =]
Jan 31, 2009 9:20 PM
Jan 2009
Not for long
Jan 31, 2009 9:29 PM
Oct 2007
I actually didn't cry as much as I was expecting. She just ... died.
The part where Tomoya started thinking "We should never have met." was when I started tearing up, and then of course, Torch killed it.
Jan 31, 2009 10:36 PM

Dec 2007
This was such a sad episode ;_;
I agree with Annisa, the part where Tomoya thought "We should have never met" was like BAM. When she died, it was more of a resolution to the suspense, per-say
Jan 31, 2009 10:55 PM
Jan 2008
I can only hope the doctor gets there and resuscitate Nagisa. The next episode preview seemed pretty bleak though.
Jan 31, 2009 11:41 PM

Oct 2008
I was trying to tell myself not to cry, but the unsettling emotion in this episode made me break down in tears. Not exactly at the point of Nagisa's death, because I was expecting that.. but when Tomoya is looking back and talking about how he had gone through hard times until finally he had found a dream to believe in. That just shattered me!
Although, I expected nothing less. The event has been foreshadowed so many times in previous episodes...this was bound to happen.
HOWEVER,
Theres no way that this series, so highly regarded and anticipated by millions, will have the same conclusion as the movie. Just wait, tough it out these next few episodes, and see for yourself.
Whether or not thats just my wishful thinking, I have faith in this story.

iulliFeb 1, 2009 3:06 AM
Jan 31, 2009 11:48 PM

Aug 2007
Sad, but could have been sadder. Nagisa's death was KyoAni's chance to be the great studio that they are. Compared with other great moments in Key storylines, Kyoto Animation's depiction of Nagisa's death seems... uninspired. Instead of pure grief, we get negativity from Tomoya, which would not have been what I would have imagined but I guess it works. The thing is that she just died. Nagisa DIED. What do we get? Flashbacks and a high brightness effect. I didn't even cry. I was more upset than anything. Nagisa died to this? Then Torch KILLS it. I would have, I'm speaking out of the top of my mind here, used Palm of a Tiny Hand as an insert song at the end and closed with no ED, but that's a moot point since I obviously am not a trained director. I'm just saying.

I love Nagisa. She's a great character. It's just too bad her death seems like more of a letdown than a tragedy...

Oh, here's what I'm talking about
Feb 1, 2009 12:53 AM

Sep 2007
God...damnit. I was hoping. Hoping for this whole season that this wouldn't happen. I've been avoiding spoilers for this series like crazy hoping that Nagisa wouldn't die. Arg.
Feb 1, 2009 12:53 AM

May 2007
When they were talking about many different worlds where the possibilities are different... I was seriously hoping they would take a different approach to the series as the movie did.
Feb 1, 2009 12:54 AM

Sep 2007
Is there any possible good ending here? And about the light balls.
magnumFeb 1, 2009 12:57 AM
Feb 1, 2009 2:59 AM

Oct 2008
magnum said:
Is there any possible good ending here? And about the light balls.

This is what I'm thinking will happen, for sure. Something has to give! This series cant possibly follow the exact plot of the movie. Its been too gorgeous of a story for it to keep the death of the most cherished character permanent. I'm definitely predicting a happy ending.
Feb 1, 2009 3:30 AM

Aug 2007
kevo said:
Sad, but could have been sadder. Nagisa's death was KyoAni's chance to be the great studio that they are. Compared with other great moments in Key storylines, Kyoto Animation's depiction of Nagisa's death seems... uninspired. Instead of pure grief, we get negativity from Tomoya, which would not have been what I would have imagined but I guess it works. The thing is that she just died. Nagisa DIED. What do we get? Flashbacks and a high brightness effect. I didn't even cry. I was more upset than anything. Nagisa died to this? Then Torch KILLS it. I would have, I'm speaking out of the top of my mind here, used Palm of a Tiny Hand as an insert song at the end and closed with no ED, but that's a moot point since I obviously am not a trained director. I'm just saying.

I love Nagisa. She's a great character. It's just too bad her death seems like more of a letdown than a tragedy...

I actually didn't mind the death scene...
I think her death by itself was enough to make someone cry without being dramatic...
And that this did a good job at portraying Tomoya's confused, frightened emotions that he was probably too overwhelmed to even grasp. It seemed... realistic.

And the vid you posted would have made the perfect ending song^.^
Feb 1, 2009 5:05 AM

Feb 2008
... so KyoAni decided to use this way...
I think it was kinda obvious... but nevertheless I hoped for something else.
Feb 1, 2009 5:28 AM

Jan 2008
kevo said:

As much as I adore that song, I don't think they should play it yet. That song was, after all, played during the credits after the "True End" in the visual novel, and as such, if the anime is to use it, it pretty much HAS to be the ending-theme for the final episode. Actually, I'll probably go into a fit of FANBOY RAGE if they don't use it then.
Feb 1, 2009 5:31 AM

Aug 2007
It was really obvious that something sad would happen. Maybe she just passed out though. I wonder what they're gonna do with the next episodes. We're just at 16...

I didn't cry since I don't like Nagisa very much.
Feb 1, 2009 5:49 AM

Jun 2008
kevo said:
Sad, but could have been sadder. Nagisa's death was KyoAni's chance to be the great studio that they are. Compared with other great moments in Key storylines, Kyoto Animation's depiction of Nagisa's death seems... uninspired. Instead of pure grief, we get negativity from Tomoya, which would not have been what I would have imagined but I guess it works. The thing is that she just died. Nagisa DIED. What do we get? Flashbacks and a high brightness effect. I didn't even cry. I was more upset than anything. Nagisa died to this? Then Torch KILLS it.

agree with this word for word

the way the movie dealt with the death scene was much more emotionally provocative
Feb 1, 2009 7:08 AM
Sep 2007
When I saw the diapers in the apartment my hopes went up near the beginning, thinking Ushio was already born.

Amazing series, but It makes me so sad =(
Feb 1, 2009 7:19 AM

Apr 2007
;_;
I was expecting it .. since I read that damned spoiler 2 years ago but it's still a damned tear jerker!
<3 clannad~

Feb 1, 2009 8:08 AM

Jun 2007
Personally I think the anime portrayal of the scene was better than the movie, though the VN version surpasses both (in terms of direction and sheer tear-jerking).
Feb 1, 2009 9:12 AM

Aug 2007
Tsunami said:
;_;
I was expecting it .. since I read that damned spoiler 2 years ago but it's still a damned tear jerker!
<3 clannad~

Yeah same here but I have been slaving the past two years to purge them from my mind as if I were playing The Game (oops I just lost hehe). Plus, I was hoping for KyoAni to do an alternate ending.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

3 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.