MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 16 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Clannad: After Story »» Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 16 Discussion

Pages (23) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 16 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

728 83.01%
4 out of 5: Liked it

65 7.41%
3 out of 5: It was OK

20 2.28%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

11 1.25%
1 out of 5: Hated it

53 6.04%
Voters: 877

01-30-09, 8:15 AM

Winrar said:
I like TORCH better than Dango Daikazoku, but they shouldn't have played it in this episode.

To people who've played the game ONLY, a question!!!:

http://park11.wakwak.com/~yuki1485/kouryaku/2004_04/clannad/clannad.htm <- a full walkthrough I used when I played it
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.

01-30-09, 8:41 AM

I kinda knew about this already........
But I still couldn't help it. BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW NAGISA CHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T_T
;_;

01-30-09, 8:44 AM

Gradation said:
I knew it. Though I didn't cry, I felt like crying to the point that my eyes got a bit watery.

Basically sums me up, better than I summed me up.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?

01-30-09, 8:46 AM

01-30-09, 9:29 AM

hirahira said:
Noooooooooooo ;______;

when I first found out what would happen to her, I was actually happy because I didn't like her back then but After Story made me love her and now I am really sad T_T
Exactly my thoughts. I always used to like Nagisa least of all Clannad girls, but with After Story I actually started to like her more every episode.

And jeez, how that ending theme ruined the mood, yet again.

01-30-09, 9:36 AM

That made me cry...
Really.
Nagisa was a girl I looked up to, I admired her strength.
I feel sad for Tomoya. He doesn't really have anyone else, except for Ushio.

01-30-09, 10:03 AM

awww, pregnant Nagisa was really cute ! And it was cute when the dango music played on the back *o* And it was nice that there was (almost) everyone at Okazakis' place.

I knew that Nagisa was going to die. So sad for Tomoya. The scene wasn't made beautifuly, but the thing itself was something beautiful. And Ushio is going to be so like Nagisa !

Torch... That sure killed the mood >.<

01-30-09, 10:04 AM

omg... Nagisa really died!! :'( This episode was so sad that i cried so much =( i didn't expect that she would die honestly! i thought that they would suprise us with something like she would survive after the birth of Ushio but I was wrong =( R.I.P NAGISA! I hope that she could be revived and come back once under the 8 episodes that are left... :(

01-30-09, 10:09 AM

haha, havent posted in forever xD

neways, this is a great example of execution
after watching a ton of anime, themes get very repetitive and story lines inevitably get cliche. So at that point, there are two ways to make a good anime - either think up something no one else has ever thought up, or to execute it beautifully. The second half made great use of animation, music, and acting and really did a great job. Kinda makes me wonder how this scene may have ended up had shaft been animating it... hmmm...

5/5

01-30-09, 10:11 AM

Wow...I guess to sum it up, I'm kinda wishing I dropped Clannad ~After Story~. Not because it's bad; on the contrary it has to be one of the most effective Animes I've watched that's had such an impact on me so as to make me cry for as long as I did. But it's also because of the tear-jerkers (this was even more than a tear-jerker for me considering how much I cried) that I wish I didn't watch it. It's a great way to feel totally depressed and really I feel like staying in my room for the rest of the day.

Also, agreed, TORCH was a terrible ED for this episode. I'm in the middle of tears and then happy-hardcore TORCH came on...it's the first time Clannad disappointed me.

Dango, dango, dango, dango, dango, daikazoku~

01-30-09, 10:42 AM

To me it seems their flying through the season. Already marriage, baby, then she dies. What 8 episodes left, wonder what else can they cover with the pace they've been going. New Year's party was funny though, Kotomi did look very nice...

01-30-09, 11:05 AM

I hope that Tomoya doesn't end up like his father.
Gaming dabblings: iRO Chaos, US Pangya, iRO Valkyrie, KR Pangya

*^will fix this monstrosity later*

01-30-09, 11:10 AM

evilium said:
I hope that Tomoya doesn't end up like his father.

01-30-09, 11:10 AM

Great but such a sad episode :(
Just seeing Nagisa fade away like that was so tear-jerking and it looks like it will follow how the movie went with how Tomoya copes afterwards

01-30-09, 12:14 PM

This is one of the few anime series that I don't want spoilers. One day [while finishing Clannad] I decided to watch the movie to see the differences. I completely had no idea that something so devastating would happen.

But I must say, this is more beautiful than the movie. More painful to watch, but detailed so I liked it.

I cried too -____-

NAGISA!!!
My brain: Yorozuya Gin-chan -> Yozakura Quartet = Yorozuya Quartet (this is how much Gintama has affected me).

01-30-09, 12:31 PM

AnimeloverYori said:
Great...
I'm going to go to school in TEARS!
T_T

Thats exactly why I avoided watching it this morningxD
I watched toradora instead and decided to wait till I came home so I had time to cryxD

Bakayaro said:
The only thing that could have possibly killed the mood more, or angered me more would be a Fuko appearance.

Actually... that would have been pretty epic in a strange way...
But I pretty much agree with everyone else... Torch totally ruined the mood... they could have just shown a black screen with credits for all I cared and it would have been better... or maybe Dango Dango Daigazoku in Nagisa's honor xD

I cried... And I think I'll probably cry more in the next episode...
Because I really didn't like Nagisa... but Tomoya I do Y___Y

01-30-09, 12:42 PM

Nagisa... =(

The ED totally ruined the mood.

01-30-09, 12:57 PM

maybe they should have went back to the dango song for this episode....
that way every1 would be in tears. i never watch the ending anyways.
im like thats for most of my animes.

01-30-09, 12:59 PM

I.. I.. I just don't have word to descibe how sad I thought this was, poor Nagisa and poor Tomoya :'-[

01-30-09, 1:00 PM

I agree with the rest that the ending TORCH is not so fitting with this. It really would be better to put a special ED song or just have none for this episode (just like what they've done on Full Metal Alchemist).

It's interesting how I didn't really like Nagisa much up to the end of Clannad's first season, but she definitely has become more and more likeable in After Story, despite the really quick timescale. I wonder what the remaining episodes will be like though, and what Tomoya will do with the light orbs (as I haven't played the game or watched the movie T_T)

Pages (23) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices