Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 30, 2009 2:14 AM
Apr 2008
Jan 30, 2009 3:46 AM

Mar 2008
This is complete & utter BS!!! I can't stop the tears. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Jan 30, 2009 3:51 AM

Sep 2008
It was really hard to watch. I'm officially depressed.
Jan 30, 2009 3:57 AM

Nov 2007
It was pretty fucking amazing episode. Its probably the first time I cried since Fuko's arc in the first season and teared since Kotomi's arc.

I hope KyoAni gives us the true good ending of the game as the end for the series.
\
Jan 30, 2009 4:40 AM

Sep 2008
AsianQuickSilver said:
It was pretty fucking amazing episode. Its probably the first time I cried since Fuko's arc in the first season and teared since Kotomi's arc.

I hope KyoAni gives us the true good ending of the game as the end for the series.

Is Nagisa alive in the good ending? I really hoped so. I dont want ending like the movie
Jan 30, 2009 4:40 AM

Mar 2008
AnimeJunky said:
This is complete & utter BS!!! I can't stop the tears. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Cause life sucks and we all die anyways. Life sucks why? Cause we ain't smart to cure our crap. Good example would be cancer.

Anyways here people cheer up:

It's pointless to say anything else. Soaking my keyboard would suck anyways.

So like where is Fuko to cheer us up??? >_<

BTW, just made this banner from a pic and IT SUCKS but at least it's somewhat a homage to Nagisa? Thoughts?
darkside099Jan 30, 2009 5:08 AM
Jan 30, 2009 4:45 AM

Oct 2007
philipkira said:
5/5
Such a sad ep i just finish watching it and i am like balling my eyes out right now.
Jan 30, 2009 5:10 AM

Jan 2009
AntiDentite said:
I can't believe they played Torch at the end. Way to kill the mood.
QFT. And 5/5 epic
Now I really want to know what happens in the upcoming episodes.
Jan 30, 2009 5:23 AM

Aug 2007
I am hoping that in 17 they show more of a flashback of the death scene. I posted it in the Clannad club but here, too -

I am hoping that they show more of the death scene - I mean, after that, that is. It looks like in the next episode Tomoya's in his depression, but I am hoping they show a flashback of Tomoya's perspective of the rest of the scene. I really thought he would go running with Nagisa to the spot Akio showed him. =o It looks to me like Akio is probably looking at him there in the opening scene when Akio is in the snow. I will wait!

And! That little thing being built in the coming attractions - I wonder if it's Ushio building little robot things. <3

But.. poor Tomoya. D:

I was hysterical once I saw all the diapers all over their apartment - that's how my room looks right now with infant diapers waiting. >.>

She looked so beautiful when dying, too. =(

And Fuko has to be coming soon! She is hugging little Ushio-chan in the opening song.
Usotsuki. 
Jan 30, 2009 5:40 AM

Nov 2007
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! TT__TT

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Jan 30, 2009 5:45 AM

Jun 2008
Great...
I'm going to go to school in TEARS!
T_T
Jan 30, 2009 5:58 AM

Apr 2007
Crikey, I'm glad I decided to watch this episode first. It'll take the rest of the anime in my queue to cheer me up.
Jan 30, 2009 6:26 AM

Jul 2007
DONT DIE NAGISAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Damn it.... I thought its gonna be different form the movie...
Jan 30, 2009 6:44 AM

Nov 2008
My eye has got hotter and hotter when i watched it. Almos dropped a tear. damn im heartless.
Jan 30, 2009 7:07 AM

Oct 2008
Lomax - me too, but that's because I knew she will die ;)
Jan 30, 2009 7:24 AM

Dec 2008
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

FFS
FFS!!!!!!

I REALLY THOUGHT THEY WOULDN'T
AHHHHH BAKA PRODUCERS@@

Ah well, I still love Clannad, probably even more, but I would have loved it way more if they kept her alive.

:'(

FFS, after all the flashback pictures, I thought they might bring her back or something, FFS I had that hope, that hope, right until the end.

Ahhhhh the preview, the lovely Okazaki sign, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I didn't even shed a bloody tear, I AM SO HEARTLESS. I wanted to cry so badly when Tomoya was about to break down with Ushio in his hands.

Oh man...

~Abs
Jan 30, 2009 7:30 AM

Sep 2007
Winrar said:
I like TORCH better than Dango Daikazoku, but they shouldn't have played it in this episode.

To people who've played the game ONLY, a question!!!:

Also I loved this episode, I BAAAAAAAAAAAW'd like a little girl, but is good to see that the anime is going the game way. Plus Yusuke light GET!
FekaJan 30, 2009 7:35 AM
Jan 30, 2009 7:40 AM

Jul 2008
Episode in a nutshell:

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

I apparently can't cry even at this, and that's rather infuriating. I do feel like I should have watched this tonight rather than this morning though. I'm pretty sure my day is shot now. It's probably going to take a little to sink in, then come the wateworks and BAWWWWWW'ing. Oh, wait, there they are. I think now I'm hoping more than hopingly possible. That's right, hopingly.

Oh, and Torch was utterly out of place and uncalled for. The only thing that could have possibly killed the mood more, or angered me more would be a Fuko appearance.
BakayaroJan 30, 2009 7:44 AM

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Jan 30, 2009 8:04 AM

Jun 2008
I knew it. Though I didn't cry, I felt like crying to the point that my eyes got a bit watery.
Jan 30, 2009 8:06 AM

Jul 2008
woah really great episode. i really didnt want to watch at nagisa full in pain.
still alot of episodes to cover, how will they make it~~

Jan 30, 2009 8:15 AM

Jul 2008
Winrar said:
I like TORCH better than Dango Daikazoku, but they shouldn't have played it in this episode.

To people who've played the game ONLY, a question!!!:

http://park11.wakwak.com/~yuki1485/kouryaku/2004_04/clannad/clannad.htm <- a full walkthrough I used when I played it
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Jan 30, 2009 8:41 AM

May 2007
I kinda knew about this already........
But I still couldn't help it. BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW NAGISA CHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T_T
;_;
Jan 30, 2009 8:44 AM

Jul 2008
Gradation said:
I knew it. Though I didn't cry, I felt like crying to the point that my eyes got a bit watery.

Basically sums me up, better than I summed me up.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Jan 30, 2009 8:46 AM

Nov 2008
Jan 30, 2009 9:29 AM

Jul 2008
hirahira said:
Noooooooooooo ;______;

when I first found out what would happen to her, I was actually happy because I didn't like her back then but After Story made me love her and now I am really sad T_T
Exactly my thoughts. I always used to like Nagisa least of all Clannad girls, but with After Story I actually started to like her more every episode.

And jeez, how that ending theme ruined the mood, yet again.
Jan 30, 2009 9:36 AM

Mar 2008
That made me cry...
Really.
Nagisa was a girl I looked up to, I admired her strength.
I feel sad for Tomoya. He doesn't really have anyone else, except for Ushio.
Jan 30, 2009 10:03 AM

Jul 2008
awww, pregnant Nagisa was really cute ! And it was cute when the dango music played on the back *o* And it was nice that there was (almost) everyone at Okazakis' place.

I knew that Nagisa was going to die. So sad for Tomoya. The scene wasn't made beautifuly, but the thing itself was something beautiful. And Ushio is going to be so like Nagisa !

Torch... That sure killed the mood >.<

Jan 30, 2009 10:04 AM

Dec 2008
omg... Nagisa really died!! :'( This episode was so sad that i cried so much =( i didn't expect that she would die honestly! i thought that they would suprise us with something like she would survive after the birth of Ushio but I was wrong =( R.I.P NAGISA! I hope that she could be revived and come back once under the 8 episodes that are left... :(
Jan 30, 2009 10:09 AM

Jul 2007
haha, havent posted in forever xD

neways, this is a great example of execution
after watching a ton of anime, themes get very repetitive and story lines inevitably get cliche. So at that point, there are two ways to make a good anime - either think up something no one else has ever thought up, or to execute it beautifully. The second half made great use of animation, music, and acting and really did a great job. Kinda makes me wonder how this scene may have ended up had shaft been animating it... hmmm...

5/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2009 10:11 AM

Dec 2008
Wow...I guess to sum it up, I'm kinda wishing I dropped Clannad ~After Story~. Not because it's bad; on the contrary it has to be one of the most effective Animes I've watched that's had such an impact on me so as to make me cry for as long as I did. But it's also because of the tear-jerkers (this was even more than a tear-jerker for me considering how much I cried) that I wish I didn't watch it. It's a great way to feel totally depressed and really I feel like staying in my room for the rest of the day.

Also, agreed, TORCH was a terrible ED for this episode. I'm in the middle of tears and then happy-hardcore TORCH came on...it's the first time Clannad disappointed me.

Dango, dango, dango, dango, dango, daikazoku~

Jan 30, 2009 10:42 AM

Jan 2009
To me it seems their flying through the season. Already marriage, baby, then she dies. What 8 episodes left, wonder what else can they cover with the pace they've been going. New Year's party was funny though, Kotomi did look very nice...
Jan 30, 2009 11:05 AM

Aug 2008
I hope that Tomoya doesn't end up like his father.
Gaming dabblings: iRO Chaos, US Pangya, iRO Valkyrie, KR Pangya

*^will fix this monstrosity later*
Jan 30, 2009 11:10 AM

Sep 2007
evilium said:
I hope that Tomoya doesn't end up like his father.

Jan 30, 2009 11:10 AM

Oct 2007
Great but such a sad episode :(
Just seeing Nagisa fade away like that was so tear-jerking and it looks like it will follow how the movie went with how Tomoya copes afterwards
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2009 12:14 PM

Jan 2009
This is one of the few anime series that I don't want spoilers. One day [while finishing Clannad] I decided to watch the movie to see the differences. I completely had no idea that something so devastating would happen.

But I must say, this is more beautiful than the movie. More painful to watch, but detailed so I liked it.

I cried too -____-

NAGISA!!!
My brain: Yorozuya Gin-chan -> Yozakura Quartet = Yorozuya Quartet (this is how much Gintama has affected me).
Jan 30, 2009 12:31 PM

Aug 2007
AnimeloverYori said:
Great...
I'm going to go to school in TEARS!
T_T

Thats exactly why I avoided watching it this morningxD
I watched toradora instead and decided to wait till I came home so I had time to cryxD

Bakayaro said:
The only thing that could have possibly killed the mood more, or angered me more would be a Fuko appearance.

Actually... that would have been pretty epic in a strange way...
But I pretty much agree with everyone else... Torch totally ruined the mood... they could have just shown a black screen with credits for all I cared and it would have been better... or maybe Dango Dango Daigazoku in Nagisa's honor xD

I cried... And I think I'll probably cry more in the next episode...
Because I really didn't like Nagisa... but Tomoya I do Y___Y
Jan 30, 2009 12:42 PM

Dec 2007
Nagisa... =(

The ED totally ruined the mood.
Jan 30, 2009 12:57 PM

Jul 2008
maybe they should have went back to the dango song for this episode....
that way every1 would be in tears. i never watch the ending anyways.
im like thats for most of my animes.
Jan 30, 2009 12:59 PM

Sep 2008
I.. I.. I just don't have word to descibe how sad I thought this was, poor Nagisa and poor Tomoya :'-[
Jan 30, 2009 1:00 PM

May 2008
I agree with the rest that the ending TORCH is not so fitting with this. It really would be better to put a special ED song or just have none for this episode (just like what they've done on Full Metal Alchemist).

It's interesting how I didn't really like Nagisa much up to the end of Clannad's first season, but she definitely has become more and more likeable in After Story, despite the really quick timescale. I wonder what the remaining episodes will be like though, and what Tomoya will do with the light orbs (as I haven't played the game or watched the movie T_T)
Jan 30, 2009 1:15 PM

Aug 2008
The first half of the episode was great, then the second half came...

Epic Fail.
Jan 30, 2009 1:24 PM

Jan 2008
Just finished it. Bawled. T____T

Jan 30, 2009 1:26 PM

Aug 2008
I skipped the ED...it could've been a sadder version of Dango Daikazoku...dammit.

While watching Nagisa slowly pass away, I was like "Nagisa!! No, don't! Where the **** is the good ending here!? Dammit all!! Nagisa! Nagisa!! NAGISA!!!"

But anyways, I bet we'll at least see something good here in the end...hopefully...

But still, I doubt we will end with Nagisa just dead like that...more like

Jan 30, 2009 1:27 PM

Nov 2008
Very sad episode. T.T If I didn't know it was going to happen I might've even cried. The ending though... bad. It wasn't right that they used something that sounded so happy in the beginning of the song right after

I'm wondering what'll happen in the next episodes, since there are still 8 left.
Jan 30, 2009 1:58 PM
Jun 2008
I think its going to be a happy ending for ep 24 They are going to be a happy family in the end
Jan 30, 2009 2:01 PM

Jun 2008
I finished watching the sub and I cried a lot D:

and I'm raising my rating to a 9. There still is a chance that it will have a happy ending though. even though it was really sad, I kind of hope they keep her dead.
Jan 30, 2009 2:12 PM

Nov 2008
Besides the fact that this episode was incredibly sad, I thought that KyoAni pulled it off really well. The way the white light from Nagisa's point of view got brighter and brighter, engulfing everything was really a dramatic effect that I've never seen done before.

brb, going to bawww my eyes out.
Jan 30, 2009 2:35 PM

Oct 2006
Dango Dango Dango Dango
Dango Daikazoku..

Hold up, Tomoya, I hear you.
I wish it was easier, but he'll have to go the way, the one that waits for him. It'll be hard to watch. But in the end..

Good bye

, till then!
Jan 30, 2009 2:36 PM

Dec 2008
HanzoMittori said:
I think its going to be a happy ending for ep 24 They are going to be a happy family in the end

i wish that too but it seems impossible :(
Jan 30, 2009 2:37 PM

Aug 2008
hazelnutman said:
brb, going to bawww my eyes out.

Same here,
movie was sad because I feelt like Tomoyo, but that was more sad then ever.
Very well delivered. I just can't stop [...] when watching

He's going on depression for several months or years...

Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

3 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.