Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
Apr 17, 2014 11:43 PM

Apr 2011
Nano1124 said:
What the hell was that!? That's the ending?! The ending where it doesn't end anywhere! There was no resolution at all! Kyousuke ends up with nobody! He rejects everyone to be with hhis little sister for what!? A few weeks at most!? Then he's okay with it?! Kyousuke you dumb retard. Let's pretend marry and then go back to regular siblings like nothing happened. WTF!? If you say they're still together in secret I think you're wrong. Kirino says that they're not lovers and freaks out when Kyousuke kisses her on the cheek in Akihabara. I heard the author wanted them to stay together and that he wanted a full Kirino ending but that's not what we got. What we got was a mess. Damn Kyousuke, you fucked up big time. He knew it would never work put and yet he continued. You could've been with any of Rhodes girls but too chose to be with your sister for a few weeks. Is everyone gonna pretend that it's okay for this? I mean does Kuroneko, Saori, and everybody they know okay with this? I would've love to see Ayase 'a reaction or even they're parents. Everybody loses. That's what I got from the end.

I wonder who was the new person who joined their otaku group. I really wanted to know but they didn't show who it was. I think it was either Ayase or one of Kuroneko's little sisters. When Manami punched Kirino in her gut it felt really good. She needed to get smacked for a while. I didn't care who Kyousuke ended with but he didn't end up with anyone.

Everybody loses. Nobody wins.

"Everybody loses. Nobody wins."

I can not agree more. What a shitty ending.

Honestly, if they had left out the last five minutes then it would have been an okay ending.
Apr 18, 2014 6:37 AM

Aug 2012
Holy splishy splashy poo poo that was bad.

Like god, so bad. That review of stopping at 21 minutes, 12 seconds went ignored, and I ran into the worst plot twist imaginable.

Ugh.
Apr 20, 2014 11:55 AM

Oct 2009
Urgh the whole thing with Manami was pretty ridiculous.

You know I really loved the series up till the the first episode of these specials but what happened? The author went full retard?

Despite everything I really do like Kirino but I would have been ok with this the whole incest madness if it didn't troll us with Kuroneko and then break our hearts. After episode 14 I just stopped caring about everything. The show was dead to me. I don't know why it had to be like this, it was truly a beautiful series.

I was kinda of getting over this and starting except their relationship and then THEY FUCKING BREAK UP AND THAT'S THE END?! WHAT THE FUCK? What happens then???? HuuuuuuuuhhhhhHHHH??! Does Kyousuke and Kirino get together with someone else and pretend none of this happened??!!! MY GOD. Again this is VERY VERY VERY SLOPPY and LAZY writing, could've been done in a much better way.
I literally shouted "NANDA KORE WAAAAA??!!!!" and went and banged my head on the wall a few times. This is first time ever ANYTHING has made me do such a thing XDDDD lol.

2/10 probably should give 1/10 but you know meh, it was enjoyable if you off your brain and don't give a fuck.
AozureApr 20, 2014 11:59 AM
Apr 20, 2014 5:04 PM
Jan 2014
An anime has never been able to do this to me. After all of that we get the conclusion that we had all waited so long for... who would he be with? Answer... NO ONE BECAUSE F*** YOU! I was actually prepared to give the series as a whole a 8 to 9/10 and the final 3 episodes a 10/10 but no. That was ridiculous. Because of the most cop-out, half-assed, bull shit ending in all of anime kind it has managed to get me so furious that it dropped from a 10/10 to a 1/10 and that is only because I can't give it a 0/10!!! Any anime that can DESOLATE ITS ENTIRE FAN BASE in only a few minutes deserves to burn in to the ground along with all of its producers. An anime does NOT have to follow the LNS to the last letter; didn't we learn that when Kirino's LN was getting turned into an anime? Hypocrites should not make anime. Nuff said.

FINAL SCORE: 1/10
Apr 21, 2014 11:43 AM
Feb 2013
In my tima as an anime viewer i have never been so disappointed...
This show had great slap stick comedy and a lot of decent characters.
The romance and harem aspects of the second season and the SIBLING relationship was great. But when the writers decide to make kyouske and Kirino a couple that was where they fucked it up...

Ayase or Ruri endning had been perfect IMO
Apr 21, 2014 11:48 AM
Nov 2013
omfg I loved the ending sooooo much. A lot of people hated it but I thought it was romantic and awesome. And no Im not into incest
I've got the cure for loneliness.

Apr 22, 2014 11:08 PM
Custom Title

Jul 2009
There's this feeling I have... I don't know how to describe it. I have yet to watch an anime make me feels this way. I mean... I was enjoying it so much. But then... all of this happened. Why...? Why did this have to be? I had read about the ending and decided to watch it anyway since I already watched the 1st season and yet... I actually started to love Kuroneko and Saomi... Why did this have to happen??? I feel hollow inside now.

RIP My Heart.
Apr 23, 2014 2:07 PM

Jun 2012
That was a pretty stupid ending. Even though the author stated they get back together I would have liked to have seen that instead of this normal sibling shit they reverted to. Fuck the publishers or whoever the fuck forced him to cop out like that.

However dat fight and dat kiss.
I will miss this.
Apr 26, 2014 8:32 AM

Dec 2013
In this episode Kyousuke reminds me of Makoto from School Days. Too bad that OreImo didn't end like SD.
May 2, 2014 4:16 AM

Jan 2013
I am actually glad they 'broke up'. Still for all the incest stuff 8/10 as the story was more than interesting.
Would watch a 3rd season.
May 11, 2014 10:14 AM

Dec 2013
I found it quite good (even if I really wanted to see Ayase x Kousaka relationship) that incest couple wasn't that bad as I thought, especially when they aren't a couple anymore. Maybe they will make a third season. Farewell then.
May 12, 2014 3:06 AM

Mar 2012
Just finished this series, now I want a proper OVA ending with Ayase.

Not gonna happen though /sigh...
May 14, 2014 10:53 PM

Jun 2013
I watched the whole series, all 32 episodes from S1 to S2, over the past 4 days. After all the near rage quits I went through in the last 3 episodes alone, I can at least say this much:

This was a MUCH better ending than if...

(1) Kyousuke and Kirino were revealed to not be blood-related. That would've have been even more of a cop-out, not to mention horribly, horribly cliché.

(2) It was left completely open-ended without Kyousuke ever getting with ANYONE, even if only for a short amount of time. At least we got to dream a little with Kuroneko and Kirino. Instead of being the indecisive wimp who never chose anyone (see nearly every male harem lead ever), Kyousuke did make a choice, and then the situations played out from there.

(3) Kyousuke had ended up with anyone else (besides Kuroneko). This show turned into a harem REALLY FAST and Kyousuke had like 5 different girls confess to him. Kuroneko was really the only person, other than Kirino, who was developed enough to be a reasonable option for Kyousuke's girlfriend. As much as I like Ayase, an ending with her wouldn’t have felt right either... at least in the context of the anime. I wouldn’t know about the LN or game.

So I'm disappointed they didn't have the balls to go full-incest, and the whole thing was beyond raging inducing, but in a way it shows a bit of maturity on the part of Kyousuke and Kirino as characters. There's a lot to be said about the controversy regarding sibling love. When I try to look at it from an objective standpoint, disregarding societal norms and all, the one thing verifiably wrong with incest would be the fact that it doesn't work genetically. Mixing family genes never leads to good things (e.g. congenital birth defects). So when looking at it from that perspective, and assuming Kyousuke and Kirino are the types who'd want a family later in life, I think they both realize this, too. Of course, they probably let societal views influence their decision as well. However, it makes sense for them to indulge in their fantasy a little and get it out of their systems. I don’t know how realistic that kind of situation would be—to agree with the person you love with all your heart to only be together a short time, and then continue on afterwards with the same relationship you had before—but imagine the emotional strength it took for Kyousuke and Kirino to do that...

...But on second thought, what did they get in return by doing this? Can we really expect their relationships with Manami, Ayase, Kuroneko, and Kanoko to continue on as before? Surely not. Jeez, I knew what I was getting myself into when I first started watching this series, but I guess I'm a masochist at heart? o__O

The marriage thing was absolutely ridiculous, too (from the confession in ep. 14 to the ceremony in ep. 16). Super rushed, super unnecessary, and all after the heart ripping rejection of Kuroneko, WITH 2 MORE EPISODES AFTER THAT? C'mon, A-1. Why do you do? -_________-
-Trippwire-May 14, 2014 11:26 PM
May 15, 2014 4:52 PM
Mar 2012
I've ranted about this ending for so many days, it was so horrible, hideous and grotesque.

I've spent these days reading about the LN, the discrepancies and differences, it still doesn't fix it for me, I loved S1 as a bro and sis improving their relationship and meeting new friends, and even if some people will say "the outcome was obvious bla bla bla" I always thought of the whole jealousy and such as being mere over-protective one to another.

S2 on the other side was the start of the decline, it went from all feel-good to rollercoaster-angsty, don't mind me, I know I have shittons of wincest H's in my list, but one thing is freaking H's that last for 2 episodes where you don't give a fuck about the characters than a long-running series where you have your expectations, you feel identified towards some characters, you get involved into this whole world being built upon you for you the viewer, just to see it smashed and trampled over.

I don't mind this in series like Madoka, Gantz or Mirai Nikki, I'm there to see the whole tragedies, but in a feel-good series it's unforgivable, I really hope this author never gets another series turned into an anime, I for sure will make sure to never watch anything from him nor buy any merchandise.
May 17, 2014 2:06 AM

Mar 2014
So much feelings... Graduations and farewells!!
Final Boss Trial!!
Honestly that was so fucking annoying.
Falcon punch right at the stomach!
The heck that Girl power lol!
Minami Tried to Get them back in reality!
Minamixkyosuke!!!
Damn Incestuous-ship!
"I'm sure that was the end of our First love that never even began" -Kousaka Kyousuke ...
That Wedding!
That Kiss!! Nice!
Kiss on the cheek at Akihabara!!!
One of the Great Anime!!
Glad I Watch up to the very most ending! :D
Season 3 wish I guess ! :)

Pretty wide ending though.
Honestly, This 3 episodes pretty much ruined everything about the past build-ups/seasons and I was really contented about the final episode of season 2 (episode 13) where no incest (there's no actual "Incest" have materialize) has happen. but the ending of episode 16 has some good points because it is a good chance to make redemptive motives to the other girls because of being "normal siblings" now.
but still, I am not satisfied with that dumbass jerk leaving the ending just like that after all other girls put up their courage to confess just to be rejected directly. (Ayase and Kuroneko routes is a must)
and if I were on the anime I might sabotage the MC for his stupidity. (Though i like to be the MC just to have A Harem ending for all the girls :D)
I suggest having season 3 in Omnibus format(like Amagami SS) or an alternate version in harem ending so all people can be happy about it and will not leave any regret about watching the whole series :)

I now I acknowledge Kyousuke as a good man.
He Sacrifice his own dignity for sake of his sister for a few months long romance until the graduation. He just wants his sister to be happy i think because She going back to america soon. (I think heard it somewhere at the end of season 2 or at episode 14)
What a good brother! He really loves his sister so much.
But That Doesn't mean that I forget what he done on the other girls! He's still a useless noisy lying Dumbass Jerk!! Worst MC for harem damn it!!! An Idiot until the end.
I want a decent Season 3 so much I like but I guess its not gonna happen some time.
Its Really a great anime I Hope I meet you again soon Oreimo :D (AyasexKyousuke!!)

AnimeLaver01May 19, 2014 2:14 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2014 12:03 PM

Jun 2011
I like to rate anime based on the way they make me feel, because I believe a truly good story is one that takes you through many emotions (which im sure we can all totally agree on that.) But anyway.. I'd give this last bit.. and the overall anime adaption as a whole.. a 8/10... but let me just get this off my chest..... I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO JEALOUS OF A PROTAGONIST. DAMN YOU KYOUSUKE... KANAKO... AND AYASE...!!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS?! T____T

It may not have been the best ending (what with all the ambiguity and inability to see what would happen next) but I'd say it was a good run. I'll never forget this show. I hope I don't have a boy and a girl. I'd remember this show and get paranoid... xD

(I laughed waaay too loud at the dialogue between Kyou and Manami... His response was just too much.)
MonkOnLSDJun 5, 2014 12:15 PM
Jun 10, 2014 11:18 PM

Nov 2012
I feel really conflicted about the very end of the anime. On the one hand, I guess its realistic enough for them to not try to actually be in a relationship with eachother. But from another perspective, like many have said before me, if Kyousuke knew his relationship with Kirino wasn't going to happen, what exactly was the point of rejecting those all of those girls (especially Ruri and his childhood friend)?

Seriously though, if the author of this series actually made it a point to show that Kirino and Kyousuke would be together despite societal views (even to the point if they had to isolate themselves from most people to achieve their love), that would have hit home pretty hard for most anime watchers/manga,novel readers.

If I could give this anime a rating as a whole, I'd give it a 8/10 probably. Would have been an indisputable 9/10 if Kirino and Kyousuke somehow ended up together (and thus validated everything they've been through for the entire show), but that didn't happen. I guess at the end of the day, its all all up to the author how to end it, and we plebs have the doujins and fanfics to create our own ending...

Other than the final moments of this episode, I really enjoyed season 2, and I thought season 1 was good but not amazing I guess. It was a fun ride watching this anime regardless though, I found quite a few of the characters very enjoyable to watch.
Jun 12, 2014 1:15 AM

Aug 2013
A guy named MiniSiets posted a review on these OVAs, many of you have probably seen it on the page, and honestly, his review is absolutely fucking spot on.

The OVAs started out amazingly. The writing was brilliant. The interactions between all of the characters and their relationships were brilliant. Then there was that ending...that fucking ending. I honestly don't understand how anyone could be satisfied with that. That was such a pointless, cop out ending, and not only was it a shitty cop out, it basically rendered every relationship formed over the last 2 seasons completely pointless.

Kyousuke and Kirino went against society and decided to do something extremely taboo regardless of what their friends thought. I personally wasn't a whole fan of the wincest thing, but hey, if they stick to their guns then I'll accept that. BUT THAT DIDNT FUCKING HAPPEN. Kyousuke rejected 4 GIRLS, and confessed his incest in front of like 30 people. It's heavily implied that they had sex in the hotel, and they got "married" and kissed. They did all of that, just to only do it for a few weeks before they graduated and went back to normal.

You can't come back from that fucking shit! Are you serious? All of the incest Eroge, all of the implied incest, and then finally the actual incest itself, and everything goes back to normal?

Kuroneko was a good gf, pretty damn weird, but good nonetheless. She knows that he dumped her for his sister. You think she would actually take him back after they went back to normal? They didn't tell anyone they were only doing it for so long, how are all of their friends going to react when shit suddenly goes back to the daily grind? Ruri wont want him back. Minami and Kirino beat the living shit out of each other and said what Kyo was doing was disgusting. She wont look at him the same way again. The idol loli confessed and was rejected at a concert. She's going to become a famous idol do you think that she would honestly give him another chance? And Ayase (my personal fav) confessed her heart out and was basically friendzoned. She wont be able to trust Kyo on the same level again.

Sure, most of their friends were offering their support of the forbidden relationship, and once they return to being siblings I'm sure their friends will still spend lots of time with them (as shown at the very very end). But by not actually following through with the wincest, the officially burned every relationship bridge down with absolutely no way to recover.

If you were just looking for a "happy" ending with the siblings being happy no matter what, guess you found the end enjoyable, but I just don't see how anyone with common sense could justify what happened with this atrocious ending.

End rant.
Jul 4, 2014 4:31 PM
Sep 2013
Ending I expected Kyousuke should have let them continue fighting I was enjoying it. Wow there so many routes in the games. Still seems like they will be together after.
Jul 5, 2014 6:59 AM

Aug 2013
I can't possibly describe how I feel...
Here I am stuck in the forum reading what others might think.
Well, I'm not into incest but I am certain that there are people who life in this kind of relationship.
It's an unspeakable taboo.
Still, does anyone have the right to judge peoples feelings if they are real?

What bothers me the most is the cowardly written ending of this great show.
It's an insult to everyone who loves someone with their full heart even though it's wrong.
Jul 16, 2014 3:44 PM
Jul 2018
I found the ending fine I was wishing he would get back with Kuroneko tho. :/
Jul 17, 2014 5:53 AM

Jan 2014
Just ended the series. I loved it till the last episode.
What the fuck was that ? it's ridiculous that sister is in love with his brother but somewheat they made it i was happy until the last scene in the church. What the FUCK was that ? They just destroyed all relationsips with friends and their one. This was the worst ending i ever saw and the best romance anime too.
Jul 18, 2014 8:14 PM

Jun 2014
I had the feeling that the marriage won't be real.

7/10.
Jul 23, 2014 12:39 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
The author has implied that both are still together as couple and thats why it was a great finale episode.

The entire anime is one of my favorites :D
Jul 25, 2014 11:05 AM

Jun 2014
Perfect to show just how disgusting and anti-social a portion of the anime fanbase is.
Previously: BlueXRam
Jul 26, 2014 12:12 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Tarheelram said:
Perfect to show just how disgusting and anti-social a portion of the anime fanbase is.

What do you mean by that ?

Everyone has different tastes that has nothing to do with their social status in society or that they would be disgusting .

Not everyone shares your opinion about the show that is the way how discussions are working.
Jul 26, 2014 5:02 AM

Jul 2014
Damn. They had such a great sister/brother relationship. Why did they have to ruin that with the whole incest thing. I think this anime would of been a lot better without the incest, but that's just my opinion. :)
Jul 28, 2014 12:12 PM

May 2014
So glad it was just a game and they finished it. The story was amazing. They made me love it and hate it in the same time.

This was crazy but at least it ended in a good way. I would really watch a 3rd season. :D
Aug 2, 2014 8:48 AM
Jun 2009
laldonkaments said:
My mind was finished with this since mid of S2, so I didn't expect anything from the final, but I got positively surprised:

- Incest gets called off
- MC ends up alone (justice!)
- SO MUCH DESERVED FALCON PUNCH:

Only nice boat would've brought me even more satisfaction! ^^

Manami is a psychotic bitch. She deserved much worse than what she got.
Aug 2, 2014 3:18 PM
Jun 2009
The author has already stated that the intended ending was a complete Kirino ending. His work was censored by the publishers and he was forced to change how he really wanted it to be. He still managed to leave the ending ambiguous and after doing a little research it is very obvious they continue their relationship in secret until they get their lives together. If they continued their relationship publicly while they were still young it would have had devastating repercussions on their lives.

When I first watched it I did not like the ending at all and I could only guess as to what happened after, even with all the hints throughout the show. Doing a little research delivered the true ending and I am satisfied.
Aug 4, 2014 10:48 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
@laldonkaments : You should read the light novel, because Manami does even much more worse things then the anime has presented.

The only reason because Kirino did start to fall in love with her brother was the actions of Manami.

You will understand after reading the source material and the last kiss was intended to be a kiss on the lips.
Aug 5, 2014 8:05 AM
Jul 2011
Yeah... The ending was such an awful asspull that it shouldn't've happened.

I mean, it goes so against everything the characters stand for... and yet they both just accept the idiotic conditions to that whisper.

I would've loved to have Kyousuke follow up with Kuroneko, but even more than that, I wanted to see the writer actually pull through with the incestuous relationship, marriage and all... but fuck that, apparently.

Gah, this just really ruined the whole thing.
Aug 5, 2014 1:48 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
But it was hinted that both are still a couple after all. So that was the best possible ending ever.
Aug 6, 2014 11:41 AM

Mar 2014
Almost a year later, and this is still my least favorite ending to an anime series.
Aug 6, 2014 1:37 PM

Jul 2014
XxMalcolm said:
The author has already stated that the intended ending was a complete Kirino ending. His work was censored by the publishers and he was forced to change how he really wanted it to be. He still managed to leave the ending ambiguous and after doing a little research it is very obvious they continue their relationship in secret until they get their lives together. If they continued their relationship publicly while they were still young it would have had devastating repercussions on their lives.

When I first watched it I did not like the ending at all and I could only guess as to what happened after, even with all the hints throughout the show. Doing a little research delivered the true ending and I am satisfied.
Wow really?! I must of missed those clues. I thought the MC basically ended up alone and that him and kirino were going to become "normal" siblings.
Aug 7, 2014 9:36 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
The kiss at the end was intended to be a kiss on the lips (if you follow the Light Novel) and do you also believe that their strong feelings towards each other would vanish that easily ?

The problem the author got because of the new law , he will not get them in his new work
EroManga Sensei
Aug 24, 2014 10:22 PM

Oct 2013
Well after both the Kuroneko and Ayase pairings fell through I kind of just resigned myself and just accepted that he'd end up with Kirino. In a way, I guess that was a good way to end it. They both got their incest fix and so far they still looked like they were close after the temporary bf/gf thing. I don't think their feelings diminished though. Maybe when their older and can hold their own, they can move in together since by then they would be adults and would have the right to do what they want.

I suppose I'll go play the PSP VN now to have that Ayase/Kuroneko end.
Aug 25, 2014 1:35 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
laldonkaments said:

I'm not interested in the source material. I'm watching anime as a closed instance. It's not my fault that an adaption isn't done properly or that the author's intentions couldn't be transferred the way they should. I rate what they serve me.

It is impossible to adapt a light novel 1 to 1 into an anime series, otherwise the anime series would get to much episodes. That is also very hard to do for the producer, because more adapt material would mean more money to invest in the project.

Thats why they have to choose which points are important for them to adapt in the anime version and which one should only be hinted.

Both media are completely different, I mean anime and light novel. In most of the times the light novel has much more background then the anime version ever could have.
laldonkaments said:

(btw I read about the Manami backstory here on MAL and basically it doesn't change my opinion of Kirino as described by #728 at all. Noone deserves such detestable treatment (even less a family member), regardless the reason. That said, this whole "buhuhu evil Manami took my beloved onii-san away" is immature as fuck, but I won't argue any further about that, it's just not worth it.)

Thats your opinion and I accept those as such.
Aug 30, 2014 6:34 AM

Jul 2014
Worst ending in history of anything.

Seriously,Mass Effect 3's ending would feel like 2001: a Space Odyssey compared to Ore Imo.

I don't even care who the main character ends up with,all characters were nice and caring,anyone would be fine.

But no,in the end,every single girl's heart gets broken,Kirino and Kyousuke's relationship goes back to square one,and they sacrifice everything to get nothing at the end.You can just start playing the very first episode right after this ending and it would fit.Because nothing has changed in the end.

How did they think this was okay?Let's say that they geniuinely wanted a bad ending,or rather a realistic ending.Even when you think realistically,when Kyousuke and Kirino would agree that this wouldn't work out so they would decide to go back to being normal siblings,why the fuck would Kyousuke reject every single girl who has been kind to him and break their hearts just for this "lets pretend we are lovers for a while"?Makes absolutely no sense.I don't expect brilliant writing,but this last few minutes of the episode was just the most terrible I have ever seen.

Congratulations,you have ruined an entire series in less than 4 minutes.
Sep 2, 2014 10:55 PM

Mar 2014
All of u are haters! That ending was awesome.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Sep 3, 2014 5:30 PM
Jun 2009
dudududu said:

Seriously,Mass Effect 3's ending would feel like 2001: a Space Odyssey compared to Ore Imo.

I don't even care who the main character ends up with,all characters were nice and caring,anyone would be fine.

But no,in the end,every single girl's heart gets broken,Kirino and Kyousuke's relationship goes back to square one,and they sacrifice everything to get nothing at the end.You can just start playing the very first episode right after this ending and it would fit.Because nothing has changed in the end.

How did they think this was okay?Let's say that they geniuinely wanted a bad ending,or rather a realistic ending.Even when you think realistically,when Kyousuke and Kirino would agree that this wouldn't work out so they would decide to go back to being normal siblings,why the fuck would Kyousuke reject every single girl who has been kind to him and break their hearts just for this "lets pretend we are lovers for a while"?Makes absolutely no sense.I don't expect brilliant writing,but this last few minutes of the episode was just the most terrible I have ever seen.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand it went over your head
Sep 17, 2014 4:55 PM

Nov 2009
My feeling about the OVA summarized in one gif

I'm not even mad that Kyousuke end up alone in the end, not after how he treated Kuroneko, Ayase and Manami. He deserved it. Kirino was annoying with her cockblocking the moment Kyouske started dating Kuroneko, but I could live with it, if she would finally get over it. I can't actually believe it, how many people are mad that they didn't go full Lanister and are angry about the last 5 minutes of the show, because the last 5 minutes saved the show in my eyes enough to remember the 2 fun seasons I watched before the 3 crappy OVA came.

#728 Summarized it perfectly.
adisSep 17, 2014 4:59 PM
Sep 19, 2014 5:01 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Do not forget that Kirino did help Kuroneko about becoming lover with Kyousuke.

But Kuroneko was the one who broke up the relationship. Kirino tried to help her brother again and that time to find Kuroneko.

Also it was hinted that both stay still together ( Kirino and Kyousuke) , only keeping there special kind of an relationship a secret.
Sep 20, 2014 4:15 PM

Nov 2009
How did she help exactly ? Because from what I saw, Kuroneko an Kyouske grew closer together, while they all where hanging out(no real Kirino intervention for the two to develop feeling for each other). The reason for Kuroneko breaking up WAS Kirino, since she was not happy that her brother got a gf, and if we consider the facts that Kuroneko and Kirino are friends, and Kyouske spend over 2 seasons worrying about his sister(or in reality, being an abused slave to his sister tantrums), breaking up until Kirino will be ok with Kyouske dating(or him putting his relationship as more important than Kirino tantrums) was not such a stupid thing to do.

As long as the incest ending is just hinted/left to the audience interpretations I still have the luxury to not accept that outcome. So I believe that the sibling got there shit together, and stopped with the creepy act.
Sep 24, 2014 10:27 AM

Jul 2014
XxMalcolm said:
dudududu said:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand it went over your head
If "implications" and "leaving it to the reader/viewer's imagination" were legitimate tools and ways of completely ending a series, then no one would bother to write a decent ending for their stories, they would just cut it off and say "Well, I implied bunch of stuff. Reader can figure the rest on his own."

Censorship or not, that's shit writing.
Sep 26, 2014 3:28 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
adis said:
How did she help exactly ? Because from what I saw, Kuroneko an Kyouske grew closer together, while they all where hanging out(no real Kirino intervention for the two to develop feeling for each other). The reason for Kuroneko breaking up WAS Kirino, since she was not happy that her brother got a gf, and if we consider the facts that Kuroneko and Kirino are friends, and Kyouske spend over 2 seasons worrying about his sister(or in reality, being an abused slave to his sister tantrums), breaking up until Kirino will be ok with Kyouske dating(or him putting his relationship as more important than Kirino tantrums) was not such a stupid thing to do.

Kirino did convince Kyousuke to take Kuroneko's confession serious (episode 7 from oreimo second season). She knew that Kuroneko would confess him way before, because Kirino and Kuroneko had an telefone call the night before Kuroneko did confess.

It was her way to help both become an couple.

dudududu said:

If "implications" and "leaving it to the reader/viewer's imagination" were legitimate tools and ways of completely ending a series, then no one would bother to write a decent ending for their stories, they would just cut it off and say "Well, I implied bunch of stuff. Reader can figure the rest on his own."

Censorship or not, that's shit writing.

What should the author of the Light Novel do in your opinion after a law was made that made his vision of the true ending impossible ? overwrite everything and gave up the idea ? No, he was faithfully towards himself and did try everything to include his true ending.
Oct 9, 2014 8:14 AM

Jun 2013
Shit ending to such a potential anime so sad
Oct 10, 2014 12:38 AM

Jul 2014
So many better ways to end the anime. Not saying this was the worst possible, I felt okay, but just rejecting everyone and then deciding to be together for (weeks? a couple months?) didn't sit right with me. Maybe if they showed like a last episode where he is in a relationship with one of them, but I guess that wouldn't be "open-ended" enough and would still bother some of the fanbase depending on which ship you sailed with. I guess they tried to make it the most neutral ending possible, the most politically correct, I guess. The way they did it, he doesn't get anybody, so no fans will be AS angry as they could have been. I guess. I don't know if that's true but it is what it is.

Great series though, surpassed my expectations after the first few episodes. Not every anime will be perfect but with this one you definitely still enjoy the ride
Oct 10, 2014 2:06 PM

Jul 2013
Well at least they got what they wanted. And in the end, Kyoske ended up single again.
Oct 12, 2014 9:00 AM

Nov 2013
Hmmm. What to say that hasn't already been said in 38 pages?

I really enjoyed 95% of Oreimo. I'm trying to decide whether the last few episodes ruin the series for me and make it unwatchable in the future. I'm the kind of person that can't help but think of the rest of the series even if I'm watching a particular episode that I really enjoy. I also like to rewatch old series from start to finish and I'm not sure I can take that again.

I don't particularly care for incest in anime, but will tolerate a certain amount depending on how it is executed and the relevance to the story. I have an actual little sister who I am very close to and this series gave me serious pause as to whether I could ever do something like what Kyousuke did. I decided there was no way I could have ever done that in real life. I care about my sister very much and would help her any way I could, but developing romantic feelings for her would be simply unthinkable. So at the very minimum I gained that insight from this series. Keeping things purely in the fictional, idealized world that the author created, I was able to rationalize Kyousuke and Kirino's attraction.

However, that doesn't mean I was satisfied with the ending. There were a few problems with it from my perspective:

1) Unnecessary falling in love and confessions from every single girl (except Sena) in the series.
2) Gratuitous melodrama with each rejection scene.
3) The "contract" that Kyousuke and Kirino make in the hotel.
4) The "status quo" ending.

#1 and #2 both made the last few episodes feel very forced. I have a suspicion that this was done for the sake of the VN and other adaptations. It's really sad when corporate marketing ploys start finding their way into what was otherwise good storytelling. It almost always leads to something contrived. There was simply nothing useful about having all of the ancillary characters confess and get rejected by Kyousuke. Rejecting Manami and Ruri was already enough for us to get the point that Kyousuke was forgoing all other girls to pursue his forbidden love. We really didn't need to see the overwrought screaming and melodramatic dialogue four times over. That technique really lost its emotional impact after Ruri's rejection. Everything else just felt like a repeat of that same scene in a different setting.

#3 and #4 just plain defy logic. I guess in some very special circumstance that could work, but feelings don't work that way in the real world. There's no way that Kyousuke or Kirino could be happy with that after what they had been through to be together. There's no way either of them could've fought so hard to be together just to drop the relationship on a dime and pretend that everything was back to normal. At the VERY minimum it would've been appropriate for them to look somber as they left the church. Perhaps the author was trying to convey Kirino's childishness? Maybe she really hadn't thought things through? In the end, I doubt it. Like most have already said, this is probably just the result of Japanese law and or mores and the ending was altered to avoid social problems on the author's part. It's unfortunate if that is actually true. I wish the author would've considered the implications before having had to shoehorn in the clearly contrived ending. The ending could've been completely changed to avoid this problem and still resolved the conflict satisfactorily.

At the end of the day, I can't help but loathe Kyousuke for breaking Ruri's heart. I think what she said about loving him was 100% true and I think that she had more thought and maturity put into her feelings that Kirino (not to mention she's a year older). I knew from the start that it would never play out that way in the story--given the title--but I still was heartbroken when their relationship came to an end. I didn't even really consider their relationship fully over until the scene where he truly rejects her under the street lamp. (Tangentially, my favorite episodes are the ones where they are a couple. If I rewatch anything from this series it will definitely be those couple episodes.)

In my head canon, I imagine that Kyousuke pursues a relationship with one of the girls now that he and Kirino have both gotten their incestuous desires satiated. In my mind, Ruri still loves him and they work things out as he realizes that their love for each other is different, but just as powerful as his love for Kirino. Ah, if only... I guess there is always the VN to play.
Pages (18) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Specials Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

114 by Cammell »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:28 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Specials Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

251 by GearheadOtaku »»
Oct 27, 2023 10:22 PM

» The ending is not as sad as you think!!! PLEASE READ

White_Kotori - Jan 8, 2017

19 by Supderolc »»
Mar 24, 2023 7:36 PM

» Harem ending

removed-user - Dec 11, 2022

3 by Aref_Afkhami »»
Dec 12, 2022 1:41 PM

Poll: » Who do you want Kyousuke to end up with? ( 1 2 3 )

YamiNoOkami - Jul 6, 2013

121 by Shengud »»
Dec 19, 2021 2:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.