Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 2, 2012 11:37 PM

Nov 2011
I would have preferred Ryuuji ending up with Ami.
Feb 5, 2015 4:52 PM
Feb 2015
I was hoping that ryuuji would be paring up with ami because she is mature enough to handle a relationship , that's why ami is my favorite character .. , but to be honest I didn't finish watching this anime because i really got pissed and I really did feel sorry for ami ending up like that .. ( late viewers)

Ryuuji X Ami
Feb 8, 2015 12:41 AM

Feb 2015
During the first half of the show I wanted Ryuuji to end up with Ami, but that changed in the second half where I really, really shipped Ryuuji x Minorin (best girl).

I'm not upset with the pairing I ended up with - Taiga and Ryuuji have great chemistry - but Minorin deserves to be happy. :c
*yawn*
Mar 12, 2015 1:05 PM

Dec 2014
Ami, obviously. Putting her other superior qualities to other two aside, she's way mature and smart. But our dumbass decided to cling to someone who's not only an annoying incompetent brat but also treated him like shit, only because "she needs him," without realizing he is ignoring what he needs. Watching his lack of self-regard was painful. I'd still be okay with Ryuuji and Minori pairing, she's somewhat complicated but energetic, sympathetic and is his initial love before Ami even appeared. But the most ideal girl is definitely Ami, she could make a man out of Ryuuji.

In other words: Ami > Minori > Taiga
NozdrefMar 12, 2015 1:24 PM

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Mar 12, 2015 1:42 PM

Sep 2014
I really like Ami and think that they would have been a great couple. I think Taiga is the one for him, though. There is a connection between them that can't be beat. I love how they help each other learn and grow.
Mar 18, 2015 8:07 PM

Jan 2013
I voted Ami.

The chemistry between the two was some of the best I've seen between two characters in a while, and I loved the development of Ami especially throughout the series.
Mar 18, 2015 8:12 PM

Dec 2014
Nozdref said:
Ami, obviously. Putting her other superior qualities to other two aside, she's way mature and smart. But our dumbass decided to cling to someone who's not only an annoying incompetent brat but also treated him like shit, only because "she needs him," without realizing he is ignoring what he needs. Watching his lack of self-regard was painful. I'd still be okay with Ryuuji and Minori pairing, she's somewhat complicated but energetic, sympathetic and is his initial love before Ami even appeared. But the most ideal girl is definitely Ami, she could make a man out of Ryuuji.

In other words: Ami > Minori > Taiga

This. :)
Mar 26, 2015 11:29 AM

Sep 2014
I liked Ami the most, but I do think Taiga and Ryuuji make the best couple.

And Minori is outright terrible character
Mar 31, 2015 6:17 AM

Aug 2014
I wanted the blue hair chick to win. She was the only one in my opinion who really really liked the male MC without any over the top drama. I also liked her personality a lot.

But sadly, the male MC never ever looked at her as a possible romance interest. Never. Sad. Heck, he never even knew that she liked him, which was also sad.
Mar 31, 2015 6:20 AM

Mar 2014
I say Kawashima since I really don't like Taiga.
Jun 20, 2015 5:44 PM
Jun 2015
It was so obvious from the start that Ryuuji would end up with Taiga
And I was hoping for it to at the bugging ,
But once Ami came in to the show there was no doubt
That she was the one for him they are a perfect match.
I know it was not going to happen because they hardly ever use logic in anime
But I think this could have been in my Top 10 Anime if Ryuuji ended up with Ami
Jun 22, 2015 5:22 AM
May 2015
I got really annoyed with Taiga. I know she came back, but she left him for a year, engaged, without saying much.

Ami was better. Would have been excellent if Taiga accidentally fell off a cliff, died, and Ryuuji and Ami got together and forgot all about her.

Stuff Minori, she was just got in the way. (I might have sympathized for her if she had longer hair like the others).
Oct 14, 2017 9:00 AM
Oct 2015
although I'm cool with Takasu x Taiga (considering the series is built among them)
I still prefer for Takasu to end up with either Minori or Ami

Minori for personal reasons because I simply just love her character.
But Ami for logical reasons, I can't really explain, she really understand Takasu even without knowing him well
Oct 16, 2017 5:15 PM
Jul 2016
** SPOILERS IN THIS POST!! **

I know this thread is super old but I have many feels after binging this show so I'm just gonna spill them here. Let me preface this saying that I really like all three girls in the series (although I dislike how the anime developed Ami and Minorin's characters at the end), and I think Ryuuji is just the sweetest and could go well with anyone.

I really wanted Ryuuji to recognize Ami's feelings throughout most of the show, and I would have loved an AmixRyuuji arc. They're such an interesting pair, and I think they would have a great dynamic. Unfortunately, Ami's character development went south and it seemed like she was just being used to move the plot forward later on. Really sad because she is my favorite character in the show. I was really displeased with how her character development started sucking and how she started acting verbally manipulative and abusive toward Minorin and Ryuuji. It seemed completely out of character to me, especially because they immediately gave her monologues to justify herself later lol. It still didn't make sense after the monologues. Being an ass doesn't make you mature, Ami. Still, she's my favorite character. At least the Ami in the beginning-middle of the series was. Idk what the heck the author did with her later. Basically, I can't see AmixRyuuji working with the end personality of her character because the author just didn't seem to ever take her seriously or give her solid character development. Had the plot gone differently, definitely, though.

It's kind of the same with Minorin. She is the character I identify the most with, and her struggles and hardworking nature are really weirdly inspiring to watch. Watching her on the screen made me want to work harder and be a better person. Weird. But really, the same idea with her. Minorin's character started to revolve only around Taiga and Ryuuji (and do so from a distance... and really depressingly), which took away any personal depth from her character. The UFO thing just never really made sense to me, and she kinda just started to represent "that one genki girl who is sad now." Also I kind of agree with Ami about the sun and moon thing. As cute as MinorinxRyuuji would be, they don't quite overlap. Minorin won't be honest with Ryuuji, and he struggles to be honest with her. Without Taiga in the middle, the two barely exist. If the series had developed her character better, then I might have been more into the idea of this pairing. This is just in the context of the plot, though. Had these two been the protagonists, I would've definitely been into it. That would've been freaking adorable.

Out of all the pairings, my favorite is definitely Taiga x Ryuuji. At the beginning of the series, Taiga annoyed the crap outta me with her spoiled-ass attitude and how violent and unappreciative she acted toward Ryuuji. Especially because Ryuuji is just freaking adorable and deserves the best. The weird thing is, I still liked her and Ryuuji together best, even though I didn't like Taiga best. I don't see where people are coming from saying that Ryuuji and Taiga don't seem compatible. They may have a strange dynamic and may not seem like the ideal couple, but I think that's the point. The strangeness of it all adds a sense of reality - that those two met by chance and just ended up clicking (if it had been Minorin or Ami... they would have been so busy with their own lives it wouldn't have been as intimate -Taiga and Ryuuji's lives began to completely overlap with each other). I think the fact that they both bring out sides of each other that no one else has seen is beautifully written. And I think the fact I hated Taiga at the beginning but eventually grew to love her... it's weird. Like I was seeing it through Ryuuji's eyes the whole time - first annoyance and dislike, and then affection. They're both lonely and misunderstood with many family troubles that they never open up about. We see a lot of their interactions on the screen, but it's made very clear that even off-screen they spend most of their free time together and actively seek each other out when they are apart. They understand more about their relationship than the viewer does. Taiga is cute on the outside and difficult to love on the inside, she's complex and violent and scary. Ryuuji is the opposite - he's adorable on the inside but scary on the outside. It's easy to dislike Taiga, but I found it very difficult to dislike Taiga x Ryuuji. Honesty, I think the last couple episodes with all the weird ass drama and sudden personality flips of Minorin and Ami really messed with the flow. I actually skipped the skiing arc and whatever other weird drama shit arc and the TaigaxRyuuji relationship development felt really smooth. I felt like by the middle of the show they were already in love lol so it just made sense. Like they didn't need a confession scene or anything. They already seemed like they were dating and really into each other by the middle. It just felt like they had a really deep bond, beyond just friendship. I cried watching it the first way through and skipping those weird arcs. Then I rewatched with what I skipped and it sucked lmao.

Okay cool THATS ALL thanks for letting me rant here wahahahahahahaha I am gone
Y'all ship what you want idc these are my two cents
Imma watch this again and always skip the weird ass ski arc. Poor Ami's character got wrecked there.
elmoeddiOct 16, 2017 5:31 PM
Oct 17, 2017 1:38 AM

Sep 2012
@elmoeddi

Ami is only char i don't like that much
i don't hate her, but i can't say i like her neither

when it comes to me personally i wouldn't date any type of start (even if she is nice person), cause its pain, i hate being center of attention Media in ur ass always i absolutely hate that type of life, any1 who star dates is also center of attention
Sugram22Oct 17, 2017 2:38 AM
Jul 3, 2019 4:20 PM

Nov 2017
Everything but Taiga.

Aug 28, 2019 4:15 AM
Aug 2019
This may be a bit of an expectedly cliche’d answer, but it just simply has to be Taiga ^_^
Sep 20, 2019 2:32 PM
Jul 2019
I voted for taiga
I really like minori and ami they are great characters but i think taiga is the girl for him
They have strong bond also they look cute together (sorry for bad English)
Jun 12, 2020 10:54 AM

Aug 2018
Ngl I would normally say minori however this anime is different for some reason and i put taiga with ryuuji

Jun 13, 2020 8:56 AM

Apr 2019
I've seen this show like 3 times now and I still think Kawashima would have been better for Ryuuji.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Yesterday, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

283 by Zertur »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 11, 2009

502 by Seradim »»
Apr 6, 1:19 AM

» Minori Kushieda

LuckyTenth - Feb 21, 2021

9 by MyBliss »»
Apr 2, 3:42 AM

» What's physical diff between kano and ami

atl_nal - Mar 28

7 by Ashikhi »»
Mar 31, 1:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.