Forums
New
Is there stil hope for any shounen to > HxH 2011
Yes
69.6%
No
30.4%
135 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 17, 2013 6:57 AM

Jul 2012
Hisio said:
Unchou said:
yhunata said:
SolviteSekai said:
Hunter x Hunter is an anime that runs in 1080p but looks like it was drawn in 1994.

Call me a moefag or whatever, but my god is the art in HxH horrible.

Its literally so bad I can't watch the show.

Also if SnK anime gets a second season it will demolish all other shounen.

SnK can't even touch HxH and RuroKen's feet. In terms of comparison, it's barely a toddler compared to HxH and RuroKen (which would be considered adults). And that's without taking the non-battle shonens into consideration.

Yes because, overpowered 12 years old with one being someone who has no motive, a guy who's searching for an overpowered father while being overpowered who keep's finding the greatest people RANDOMLY in his road that will always let him live, and as he said 'they're sooo gentle!!!' is obviously wayyy better than the survival of humanity against an enemy that they have no chance against even with Eren's 'gift' and the mystery behind finding what created all of this.
You could say chimera ant is a similar case. But seems like they're picking the easy way out. I'm not saying I do not enjoy HxH. It is/was one of my favourites until I read all of Shingeki who's btw written by someone who actually tries EVERY month instead of slacking.
You'll see the ending of HxH, and then the ending of Shingeki, compare.
The emotional moments of course are gonna be stronger on HunterHunter because of the 90 episodes. it should also be mentioned that the strategic ~moments~ on both of them are strong, they know how to handle fights in the most intelligent way possible which always reminds me of my other favourite shounen FMA.

Gon is not overpowered, on the contrary he always evolves throughout the anime and this is just awesome, how many times did he lose? a lot. He is all but overpowered.
If we want to compare to shingeki with a girl (mikasa) who becomes strong by "killing" someone and achieve physical improvement >.> and a guy who transforms into a titan just like that because they didn't have any other plot to counter the titans.
You will be able to compare SnK with HxH when Snk will build its plot around 90 episodes, just sayin :D

You don't get it do you?
Eren's power does nothing against the titans, there are tons more that will come to eat him. He has no intelligence whatsoever when controlling him and it all comes down to instinct which mostly stems from his rage.
Gon is not overpowered? Remember how he enabled his Nen or whatever that's called in 2 hours whereas others took months? Remember even in this arc where they finished with Killua they're training in SO much less time than it was really expected, literally everything training-wise they did was done in less than half of the normal time that was expected.
In the tournament? He literally overpowered anyone and everyone except The two biggies Hisoka and that other guy.
However whatever they do flows well, but its really pissing me off sometimes that comes so handy to them.
Only in this arc did he finally realise how bad it is to lose. And I was happy to see that. But they even SKIPPED the fight, and even though the actual thing was for them to be killed, they never did, and even though this annoyed me just as much as Shingeki's plot twist, the aftermath of Shingeki's failed plottwist was handled so WELL 'for the moment enjoyment' that I could forgive it for the moment, not for the entire run. In HunterHunter, it was literally IGNORED and goodbye. At least as I said Gon is now unable to fight for a month, and Killua is going to get a bit of development which was needed.
UnchouAug 17, 2013 7:00 AM
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Aug 17, 2013 6:58 AM
Jun 2012
Mr7Beans said:
drinkbeer said:
what's SNK?

Seriously?
http://myanimelist.net/anime/16498/Shingeki_no_Kyojin

oh attack on titans.. lol i am too used to the english name :/
Aug 17, 2013 6:58 AM

Oct 2012
drinkbeer said:
what's SNK?

Sex 'n' Killing
Aug 17, 2013 7:00 AM

Apr 2011
Unchou said:
yhunata said:
Unchou said:
yhunata said:
SolviteSekai said:
Hunter x Hunter is an anime that runs in 1080p but looks like it was drawn in 1994.

SnK can't even touch HxH and RuroKen's feet. In terms of comparison, it's barely a toddler compared to HxH and RuroKen (which would be considered adults). And that's without taking the non-battle shonens into consideration.

Yes because, overpowered 12 years old with one being someone who has no motive, a guy who's searching for an overpowered father while being overpowered who keep's finding the greatest people RANDOMLY in his road that will always let him live, and as he said 'they're sooo gentle!!!' is obviously wayyy better than the survival of humanity against an enemy that they have no chance against even with Eren's 'gift' and the mystery behind finding what created all of this.
You could say chimera ant is a similar case. But seems like they're picking the easy way out. I'm not saying I do not enjoy HxH. It is/was one of my favourites until I read all of Shingeki who's btw written by someone who actually tries EVERY month instead of slacking.
The emotional moments of course are gonna be stronger on HunterHunter because of the 90 episodes. it should also be mentioned that the strategic ~moments~ on both of them are strong, they know how to handle fights in the most intelligent way possible which always reminds me of my other favourite shounen FMA.

Shingeki has horrible twists which ruins it. HxH brings in common tropes, but the twists are handled well. Shingeki was great until that one twist which completely ruins the "survival of humanity".

The first twist of shingeki which was definitely a drawback for me did kind of bring me back from the show I'm not gonna lie, but it was definitely a way to reveal a bit of the mystery. I know it kind of did what you said, but at the same time people STILL die, characters that you might like throughout the run still get cold deaths. From then on all the twists are handled VERY well, to the point of I went HOLY shit on everything that was happening one thing after another, they used the environment, which is really a plus, since it gives you an idea of where exactly the scene is placed as well as making the action scene 10 times better. Plus the mystery drives you along the story since the fact that the titans are so overpowered and humanity stands no chance against them and will still be getting killed for years if they're not absolutely exterminated makes you want to learn more and more about them.
Whereas in HunterHunter its almost obvious that even if Gon and Killua lose, they'll never be killed, because by some luck, the people they're gonna fight are gonna go lightheart mode and give them time to train.

How many MCs have SnK killed off again?
Aug 17, 2013 7:00 AM

Jul 2012
renders said:
I dunno how to break this to you kid but one piece tops hunter x hunter
in terms of battle shounen
1.one piece
2.hunter x hunter
3. pick one

oh my god
Aug 17, 2013 7:04 AM

Aug 2009
yhunata said:
Unchou said:
yhunata said:
Unchou said:
yhunata said:
SolviteSekai said:

Shingeki has horrible twists which ruins it. HxH brings in common tropes, but the twists are handled well. Shingeki was great until that one twist which completely ruins the "survival of humanity".

The first twist of shingeki which was definitely a drawback for me did kind of bring me back from the show I'm not gonna lie, but it was definitely a way to reveal a bit of the mystery. I know it kind of did what you said, but at the same time people STILL die, characters that you might like throughout the run still get cold deaths. From then on all the twists are handled VERY well, to the point of I went HOLY shit on everything that was happening one thing after another, they used the environment, which is really a plus, since it gives you an idea of where exactly the scene is placed as well as making the action scene 10 times better. Plus the mystery drives you along the story since the fact that the titans are so overpowered and humanity stands no chance against them and will still be getting killed for years if they're not absolutely exterminated makes you want to learn more and more about them.
Whereas in HunterHunter its almost obvious that even if Gon and Killua lose, they'll never be killed, because by some luck, the people they're gonna fight are gonna go lightheart mode and give them time to train.

Implying that this shows quality in a story.
Aug 17, 2013 7:05 AM

Jun 2011
lol apparently this crazy OP never heard of One Piece
Aug 17, 2013 7:05 AM

Jul 2012
yhunata said:
Unchou said:
yhunata said:
Unchou said:
yhunata said:
SolviteSekai said:

None, and they'll never be (or at least I think so). But it's not because the titans when they're in front of them suddenly get moe mode, start crying and sympathize with them. And even though its also a bit cheap on Shingeki (well shounen..) it just doesn't seem THAT bad. Except as I said on the first twist.
Aug 17, 2013 7:08 AM

Aug 2009
Also about SNK's twist.
You are talking about it as if Eren suddenly got so overpowered and is able to beat every other super Titan in the series.Which is not the case.He still "sucks ass" and needs help from his comrades.
ssjokgAug 17, 2013 7:12 AM
Aug 17, 2013 7:11 AM

Jul 2012
ssjokg said:
Also about SNK's twist.
Tou are talking about it as if Eren suddenly got so overpowered and is able to beat every other super Titan in the series.Which is not the case.He still "sucks ass" and needs help from his comrades.
Aug 17, 2013 7:12 AM

Oct 2011
yhunata said:
Yes, it's called Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen.

kanjx said:
One Piece. Nuff said.

CamoBullo said:
SharifEbeefE said:
BlindSamurai said:
Mokkan said:
IceBurn said:
Mclovinballs said:
Litrydow said:
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood already did it.

/thread
Aug 17, 2013 7:20 AM

May 2010
Polychrome said:
yhunata said:

kanjx said:
One Piece. Nuff said.

CamoBullo said:
SharifEbeefE said:
BlindSamurai said:
Mokkan said:
IceBurn said:
Mclovinballs said:
Litrydow said:

/thread

FMA: B >>> HxH 2011

The latter isn't even done yet, but from what we've seen FMA (perhaps just the manga, both animes had the worst set of bgms ever) tops everything. :P
Aug 17, 2013 7:31 AM

Jan 2013
stormgoddess said:
Polychrome said:
yhunata said:

kanjx said:
One Piece. Nuff said.

CamoBullo said:
SharifEbeefE said:
BlindSamurai said:
Mokkan said:
IceBurn said:
Mclovinballs said:
Litrydow said:

/thread

The latter isn't even done yet, but from what we've seen FMA (perhaps just the manga, both animes had the worst set of bgms ever) tops everything. :P

FMAB or FMA?

FMAB has VERY good BGMs IMO.

Aug 17, 2013 7:32 AM

Jul 2012
012yArthur0 said:
stormgoddess said:
Polychrome said:
yhunata said:

kanjx said:
One Piece. Nuff said.

CamoBullo said:
SharifEbeefE said:
BlindSamurai said:
Mokkan said:
IceBurn said:
Mclovinballs said:
Litrydow said:

/thread

FMAB or FMA?

FMAB has VERY good BGMs IMO.

That's what I was thinking tbh, I thought I didn't get what he was saying. FMAB has some really really good OSTs. You just listen to them and remember the exact scenes.
Aug 17, 2013 7:35 AM

Apr 2011
ssjokg said:
yhunata said:
Unchou said:
yhunata said:
Unchou said:
yhunata said:
SolviteSekai said:

He was saying how we are absolutely certain that Gon and Killua, even if they lose, will not die. That was what I was replying to.

Unchou said:
None, and they'll never be (or at least I think so). But it's not because the titans when they're in front of them suddenly get moe mode, start crying and sympathize with them. And even though its also a bit cheap on Shingeki (well shounen..) it just doesn't seem THAT bad. Except as I said on the first twist.

Only during Yorkshin have their enemies gone "lighthearted" and that was just one of them. The others were hell bent on killing them. Anyway, my point is that Shingeki isn't bad, but it's not as good as people make it out to be.
Aug 17, 2013 7:39 AM

Dec 2012
If the current arc continue being sucky then Naruto probably will. HxH still better than FMA:B and OP though.
Aug 17, 2013 7:40 AM

Jan 2012
tsudecimo said:
If the current arc continue being sucky then Naruto probably will. HxH still better than FMA:B and OP though.

that's not true
One piece>other shounens
Aug 17, 2013 7:40 AM

Jul 2012
yhunata said:
ssjokg said:
yhunata said:
Unchou said:
yhunata said:
Unchou said:
yhunata said:
SolviteSekai said:

He was saying how we are absolutely certain that Gon and Killua, even if they lose, will not die. That was what I was replying to.

Unchou said:

Only during Yorkshin have their enemies gone "lighthearted" and that was just one of them. The others were hell bent on killing them. Anyway, my point is that Shingeki isn't bad, but it's not as good as people make it out to be.

Of course it isn't so great. It has some major flaws regarding the characters even though I find the rest perfectly fine.
That's one of the more recent ones. There is more though, since they didn't even get killed when the actual mission was for them be.
Aug 17, 2013 7:42 AM

May 2010

gonna place them in spoilers 'cause they're friggin' long lol

Sorry for the confusion. I meant FMAB and HxH 2011 had the worst bgms. Of course it's a matter of taste, but to me the bgms of these two are far inferior compared to their alternate/old versions.
Aug 17, 2013 7:44 AM
Oct 2011
Are people who're saying One Piece serious? Are they blind on noticing how bad the anime has become since Fishmen Island?
Aug 17, 2013 7:51 AM

Jul 2012
Candor said:
Are people who're saying One Piece serious? Are they blind on noticing how bad the anime has become since Fishmen Island?

I'm honestly asking myself exactly this question, Punk Hazard is literally drop worthy. Worst animation I've ever seen, pacing was vomit-worthy, antagonist was asspull, so many scenes aren't adapted properly, and action is underwhelming. Haven't reached the dressrosa part in the manga yet. There are many nice arcs before this one but some are still boring.
Aug 17, 2013 7:56 AM

Aug 2009
Unchou said:
Candor said:

I'm honestly asking myself exactly this question, Punk Hazard is literally drop worthy. Worst animation I've ever seen, pacing was vomit-worthy, antagonist was asspull, so many scenes aren't adapted properly, and action is underwhelming. Haven't reached the dressrosa part in the manga yet. There are many nice arcs before this one but some are still boring.

Long running series wont be able to be "the best out there".I havent seen HxH but I doubt that any of the Big 3 can beat it as long as it doesnt go past 200+ eps.

MAnga is another story.
Aug 17, 2013 7:57 AM

Apr 2011
Unchou said:
yhunata said:
ssjokg said:
yhunata said:
Unchou said:
yhunata said:
Unchou said:
yhunata said:
SolviteSekai said:

Unchou said:

Of course it isn't so great. It has some major flaws regarding the characters even though I find the rest perfectly fine.
That's one of the more recent ones. There is more though, since they didn't even get killed when the actual mission was for them be.

There is such a thing known as a character. He's a coward, that's why he couldn't attack them. He didn't just let them go.
Aug 17, 2013 8:06 AM

Jun 2011
ColinBanks96 said:
If you're talking about being bested in terms of being lame, then it probably won't be.

hehe. this guy knows
Aug 17, 2013 8:17 AM

Apr 2012
Im still sad no one else beside me mentioned Claymore. But I guess its cause no one thinks of Claymore as a shounen I was pretty surprised too when I saw the tag on it...
Aug 17, 2013 8:19 AM

Apr 2011
baki502 said:
Im still sad no one else beside me mentioned Claymore. But I guess its cause no one thinks of Claymore as a shounen I was pretty surprised too when I saw the tag on it...

Most people label Claymore as bad due to the anime-original ending, saying that it couldn't do justice as an adaption.
Aug 17, 2013 8:24 AM
Jun 2012
One Piece was pretty good but Fishmen arc made me lose all interest and I just stopped watching the anime. In HXH though, things are only gonna get better.
Aug 17, 2013 8:29 AM

Mar 2012
Well Yes... Thats what we all fans of good shounens wants. If there aren't going to appear any i d prefer watching something else.
Aug 17, 2013 8:37 AM

Apr 2012
yhunata said:
baki502 said:

Most people label Claymore as bad due to the anime-original ending, saying that it couldn't do justice as an adaption.

Oh right I kinda forgot about that one. I kept reading on the manga after the anime ended and gotta say its really really good. And even the anime was really good until they fucked up the ending. But then again Berserk was similar it cut off just where it felt like (and kinda was supposed to start) yet no one complains about its ending...
Aug 17, 2013 8:45 AM

Apr 2011
baki502 said:
yhunata said:
baki502 said:

Oh right I kinda forgot about that one. I kept reading on the manga after the anime ended and gotta say its really really good. And even the anime was really good until they fucked up the ending. But then again Berserk was similar it cut off just where it felt like (and kinda was supposed to start) yet no one complains about its ending...

No, people complain about Berserk as well. Almost always about the ending.
Aug 17, 2013 8:52 AM

Jul 2012
yhunata said:
Unchou said:
yhunata said:
ssjokg said:
yhunata said:
Unchou said:
yhunata said:
Unchou said:
yhunata said:
SolviteSekai said:

Unchou said:

There is such a thing known as a character. He's a coward, that's why he couldn't attack them. He didn't just let them go.

Coward? Was he truly scared of 2 children that were about to die from simple hits? Then why was he hyped up to be someone ready to kill the episode before that? I remember something similar to this happened with Sting in the Fairy Tail manga and everybody started raging.
Now the exact same thing happens with Hunter Hunter and its a character? A personallity trait? Not to mention, in the next episode he kicked Killua's ass. His cowardish was just fine then. Is this guy truly going to fight the Chimera ants? Oh wait, they befriended them, they're also good animals, they have hearts. Time to kick the king's ass to take revenge for our queen. I do enjoy HunterHunter, but the way this arc was hyped soso much, with such undefeatable enemies, will only take the easy way out. And I'm scared from how it will go on from here.
UnchouAug 17, 2013 8:57 AM
Aug 17, 2013 9:00 AM

Jan 2012
Nikoka said:
One Piece was pretty good but Fishmen arc made me lose all interest and I just stopped watching the anime. In HXH though, things are only gonna get better.

why are ppl on the hunterxhunter asswagon just now?the show was good for years,the remake barely got a arc after the greed island where the original left off and now all the kids are making threads about oh hxh best anime evar
Aug 17, 2013 9:23 AM

Apr 2011
Unchou said:
Coward? Was he truly scared of 2 children that were about to die from simple hits? Then why was he hyped up to be someone ready to kill the episode before that? I remember something similar to this happened with Sting in the Fairy Tail manga and everybody started raging.
Now the exact same thing happens with Hunter Hunter and its a character? A personallity trait? Not to mention, in the next episode he kicked Killua's ass. His cowardish was just fine then. Is this guy truly going to fight the Chimera ants? Oh wait, they befriended them, they're also good animals, they have hearts. Time to kick the king's ass to take revenge for our queen. I do enjoy HunterHunter, but the way this arc was hyped soso much, with such undefeatable enemies, will only take the easy way out. And I'm scared from how it will go on from here.

Yeah, he's very coward-ish. That's why he couldn't attack. It was even mentioned that he was a coward. He was forced to fight the next time, because that was the final day. There was no going back there. And you're forgetting why they're against the Ants in the first place. They're not fighting because they're too strong, they're fighting because the Ants are too dangerous. Colt became harmless and brought in valuable information, thus why he was spared.

And for the guys naming One Piece, One Piece has been on a downward spiral since the time-skip and it doesn't appear to be picking up any time soon. We've had two horrible arcs back-to-back and the current one in the manga seems to be following suit. If the manga for HxH returned, I'm not sure how well it will fare either. Either way, I'm sure it can't exceed Yorkshin or Chimera Ant arcs, especially after the asspull on the CA arc.
Aug 17, 2013 9:31 AM

Nov 2010
Candor said:
Of course, it's a great anime. Fishman Island was fine. And are you so blind to see how great it's been in the past. The current quality does not decide the quality of the whole (600+episode)anime.

Nikoka said:
And then it's going to end in a year because Togashi is lazy as hell.
Aug 17, 2013 9:38 AM

Sep 2012
renders said:
Nikoka said:

why are ppl on the hunterxhunter asswagon just now?the show was good for years,the remake barely got a arc after the greed island where the original left off and now all the kids are making threads about oh hxh best anime evar

Yeah, that's something I don't understand either.
Aug 17, 2013 9:47 AM

Apr 2011
SetsukoHara said:
renders said:
Nikoka said:

Maybe they didn't know it existed earlier. I mean, it's not very hard. It's not like Togashi is ever in the mood to draw it.
Aug 17, 2013 11:29 AM

Jan 2013
There are many good shounen which are better than HxH. Most of them have been named. So I will add one from my side; Bakuman( a non typical battle shounen) is miles ahead of HxH in many aspects in terms of story, character(specially side characters) development etc.
Aug 17, 2013 11:32 AM

Jan 2012
yhunata said:
SetsukoHara said:
renders said:
Nikoka said:

Maybe they didn't know it existed earlier. I mean, it's not very hard. It's not like Togashi is ever in the mood to draw it.

Then they should make bold statements like the noob in the op
don't gt me wrong I consider xhx the 2nd best battle shounen but wether it really is or not that's hard to tell
Aug 17, 2013 11:45 AM

Apr 2011
renders said:
yhunata said:
SetsukoHara said:
renders said:
Nikoka said:

don't gt me wrong I consider xhx the 2nd best battle shounen but wether it really is or not that's hard to tell

2nd best? Might I inquire as to what you think is the best, then?
Aug 17, 2013 11:47 AM

Sep 2011
yes, eventually as long as the medium still exists it will be topped, unless you want to add bias against everything else and make you enjoy things less that people love to do for whetever reason

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 17, 2013 11:51 AM

Aug 2013
isn't Brotherhood already better?
Aug 17, 2013 11:53 AM
Jul 2012
JustALEX said:
I've never seen or read Hunter X hunter.

Is it any good?

yes
Aug 17, 2013 11:54 AM
Oct 2011
Toothless_Snake said:
isn't Brotherhood already better?
no
Aug 17, 2013 12:03 PM

Aug 2013
How is it not already better it's pretty much flawless.
Aug 17, 2013 12:05 PM

Apr 2011
Toothless_Snake said:

No, FMA manga is better than HxH, imo. But not the anime. The anime has quite a bit of pacing problems during the beginning. Enough to be called rushed.
Aug 17, 2013 12:07 PM
Oct 2011
Toothless_Snake said:
First 20 episodes were one big clusterfuck. If the set-up and character introductions (aka first 20 episodes) didn't make you care about the characters, then how are you gonna care about them later in the future events?
Aug 17, 2013 12:08 PM

Aug 2009
Candor said:
Toothless_Snake said:
First 20 episodes were one big clusterfuck. If the set-up and character introductions (aka first 20 episodes) didn't make you care about the characters, then how are you gonna care about them later in the future events?
What if you cared about them in the first 20 eps??
Aug 17, 2013 12:11 PM

Jan 2012
yhunata said:
renders said:
yhunata said:
SetsukoHara said:
renders said:
Nikoka said:

2nd best? Might I inquire as to what you think is the best, then?

one piece is the best
i applaud hxh for it's cleverness,especially the phantom troupe arc but one piece is better,for me at least,both in storytelling,characters,fights,everything
Aug 17, 2013 12:13 PM

May 2013
For me, the best shonen anime out there is Fma Brotherhood. But HxH is the closest thing to the excellence of Fma: unpredictable plot, MC that aren't the strongest characters, characters that ACTUALLY DIE without resurrection shit stuff ecc. In a nutshell,the opposite of Naruto,DB,Ao no exorcist,Sao ecc.
Aug 17, 2013 12:14 PM
Oct 2011
ssjokg said:
Candor said:
Toothless_Snake said:
What if you cared about them in the first 20 eps??
Then it means I'm easy to please and don't give a fuck about how good the content is, no matter how bad it is, as long as I'm enjoying it. Mindless fun in other words, kinda like Hellsing Ultimate for example. OR: I watched the first version or read the manga. Too bad I didn't' read/watch any and didn't go into Brotherhood expecting mindless fun.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

60 by kihel »»
27 minutes ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.