Forum Settings
Forums

Vocaloid Producer Jin's 'Kagerou Project' to Be Animated Under Name 'Mekaku City Actors' by Shaft

New
Aug 15, 2013 9:08 AM

Sep 2012
Tower Records' official Twitter revealed during the concert "Producer Jin One Man Live Mekaku City Summer '13" held today, details about the anime adaption of Kagerou Project, a mix-media project by the vocaloid musical composer and writer Jin. The anime is titled Mekaku City Actors and will be directed by Shinbo Akiyuki and animated by Shaft. No airing date or other staff or cast information has been disclosed yet.

The Kagerou Project started in February 2011 on Nico Nico Douga with the song "Jinzou Enemy" (Artificial Enemy). A few more songs followed and the third one, "Kagerou Days," proved to be particularly popular. The name was chosen as the title for the later manga and novel adaptation. The first CD album was released in February 2012 (also named "Mekaku City Actors"). The first volume of the novel was published in May, and the manga started in July (with the first volume published in November). So far, 3 albums, 1 single, 3 novel volumes, and 2 manga volumes have been released. The story told a complex and mysterious tale which started on August 14th and involved a number of characters, some with special powers. In addition, the songs are about different characters' views.

Source: Tower Records' Twitter

Story by 45Ravager

Mekaku City Actors on MAL
NaruleachJan 4, 2014 4:11 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 15, 2013 9:10 AM
Dec 2008
Animated by Shaft, thats on my list automatically.

Kagerou Project is a + because I love the songs from them
Aug 15, 2013 9:12 AM

Jul 2013
Awesome, it got put up, I'm currently reading the manga of this, and it's really great. I'm also glad to see that Shaft will be working on this, judging from what I've read so far, it fits their style =)

Oct 2012
I am really hyped for this. Can't wait to see what Shaft does with this series.

Sep 2012
I've been waiting a very long time for this, it seems like. Only Vocaloid songs I ever listen to nowadays.

Shaft seems perfect for this, put Ene's face on TV!
Aug 15, 2013 9:17 AM

Nov 2008
I've heard of this novel, it's gets a bit too depressing for my tastes.

Aug 15, 2013 9:33 AM

Feb 2011
Sometimes I wonder why stuff like this gets animated.
Aug 15, 2013 9:35 AM

Nov 2008
UnbornMVs said:

Vocaloid is popular, only problem is that there hasn't been a true Vocaloid anime with Miku, Luka, etc.

Aug 15, 2013 9:36 AM

Dec 2012
I'm interested

45Ravager said:
Awesome, it got put up, I'm currently reading the manga of this, and it's really great. I'm also glad to see that Shaft will be working on this, judging from what I've read so far, it fits their style =)

Can you give me the link to the manga?
Aug 15, 2013 9:37 AM

Feb 2011
Hoppy said:
UnbornMVs said:

Vocaloid is popular, only problem is that there hasn't been a true Vocaloid anime with Miku, Luka, etc.

Still. Imo I would prefer more anime like Shingeki no Kyojin to come out , the epicness in this industry lowered considerably in the last years.
Aug 15, 2013 9:41 AM

Dec 2012
UnbornMVs said:
Still. Imo I would prefer more anime like Shingeki no Kyojin to come out , the epicness in this industry lowered considerably in the last years.

We get the new Fate series for that. I'm still waiting for a Claymore remake though.
Aug 15, 2013 9:51 AM

May 2011
Not a Vocaloid fan but I will looking out for this one.
Aug 15, 2013 9:52 AM

Sep 2012
UnbornMVs said:
Sociologists have linked the trend of youngsters to be more inward-looking and passive to the decline of epic stories -- and to be honest it is not something that is limited to anime, even in manga, novel, and game there is similar trend. It is just that since there are fewer anime titles compared to the other forms of media the trend looks particularly prominent.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 15, 2013 9:55 AM
Jul 2018
Wake up in the morning only to find this...I'm just so glad the J.C Staff isn't making the anime. It's been 1 full year since they said anything about the anime and it's status, so I'm not really surprised the announced more today (since today is August 15, the day the story takes place and all that jazz)

UnbornMVs said:
Hoppy said:
UnbornMVs said:

Shingeki no Kyojin is one of the darkest Shōnen mangas, well, from what I have read and watched. Kagerou Project lays in the middle of Shōnen action due to their powers and an easy paced normal series (at times). I mean, with all these action series and slice of life moe shows coming out, I'm fine with something like this.

Also, for those of you who aren't familiar, the series is doing phenomenal in Japan of what I seen on the Oricon charts; so I wouldn't be surprised if the anime randomly becomes a success. Maybe it'll come out next spring, with Nisekoi to work on...
removed-userAug 15, 2013 9:59 AM
Aug 15, 2013 10:01 AM

Aug 2008
animated by shaft! bless.
so it's finally confirmed, can't wait till they announce the cast. happy kagerou day!
AmnaMJAug 15, 2013 10:05 AM
Aug 15, 2013 10:09 AM

Mar 2012
Oh God SHAFT. Kinda expected this since Kagerou fits their style.
I hope Kano is voiced by Kamiya Hiroshi.

Shinbo Akiyuki, make us proud.
Aug 15, 2013 10:10 AM

Sep 2012
I'm not really surprised, but now you say it was about the same time last year it was announced too? I almost thought it was just a coincidence, since it was taking so long, but I guess they wouldn't let it just be a coincidence.
Aug 15, 2013 10:17 AM

Sep 2012
-Ene- said:
I'm not really surprised, but now you say it was about the same time last year it was announced too? I almost thought it was just a coincidence, since it was taking so long, but I guess they wouldn't let it just be a coincidence.
Mid-August is an important time for the story so I guess the timing of mid-August may not be a pure coincidence.

Aug 15, 2013 10:22 AM
Feb 2012
>Shaft
You have my attention.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 15, 2013 10:29 AM

Oct 2012
Finaly! And SHAFT is making it on top of that? dear god, I'm so ready for this I want to cry. @_@
Aug 15, 2013 10:32 AM

May 2013
Oh yes shaft
Gonna watch it for sure
Aug 15, 2013 10:33 AM
Jan 2013
really happy to see Shaft and Akiyuki Shinbo animating this since it really fits their style but don't know how long to wait since Shinbo stills need to animate Kizumonogatari and Nisekoi. Hoping for fall 2014
Aug 15, 2013 10:39 AM

Dec 2012
Seems to be a promising anime show. I hope it will be great.
I like anime.
Aug 15, 2013 10:44 AM

Aug 2011
Are the songs going to be included in the series somehow? Because that would be amazing.
Aug 15, 2013 10:54 AM

Sep 2012
I'm hoping at least Children Record would be the op, if the others are inserted, I'd somewhat prefer they just be instrumentals, but I still hope they appear.
Aug 15, 2013 10:55 AM

Sep 2012
Adair said:
Are the songs going to be included in the series somehow? Because that would be amazing.
Can't imagine this would not be the case...

Aug 15, 2013 10:57 AM
Jun 2013
Great news. Have been planning to pick the manga up for a while now.

And on top of that it's another Shaft animation. Looking forward to it ^^.
Aug 15, 2013 10:58 AM

Oct 2011
symbv said:
-Ene- said:
Mid-August is an important time for the story so I guess the timing of mid-August may not be a pure coincidence.

Yeah, the most important dates in the series are August 14th and 15th, so really not many people were surprised that something would get announced. The problem is WHAT would be announced.

Anyways, SHAFT feels like a perfect fit imo, at least SHAFT's style seems kinda like the style Shidu and Wanyanpuu (sp?) have in the PVs.

But oh man, if the songs were included somehow, like different EDs or something, that would be awesome.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2013 11:14 AM
Jul 2018
symbv said:
Adair said:
Can't imagine this would not be the case...

I think they can include it somehow, I mean, as background music or something. For example; during the Kisaragi Attention arc, they can just have a warm piano instrumental version of the song in the background, as an OST.

Also, I think they're going to use Children Record as the opening, while Summertime Record (the official ending song of the series) as the ending. Honestly, I hope Jin does something about his tuning with IA with Children Record, similar to how Ryo re-did the Black Rock Shooter song using Miku appended for the anime (except Ryo's tuning isn't bad, not like Jin's early Vocaloid song tunings, but Jin's getting better)
Aug 15, 2013 11:20 AM

Aug 2010
Didn't hear of this before, but since it's SHAFT, I'll give it a go.
Aug 15, 2013 11:43 AM

Jul 2013
ThangLong said:
I'm interested

45Ravager said:

Can you give me the link to the manga?

Sorry I'm late dude, but here's a link to where I read it: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/kagerou_days/
Aug 15, 2013 11:52 AM

Mar 2009
I'm a bit disappointed it's Shinbo, but I'll watch regardless.
Aug 15, 2013 11:52 AM

Sep 2012
Kurano said:
But oh man, if the songs were included somehow, like different EDs or something, that would be awesome.
Also a good idea.
But just as Shojo-chanCat said, Summertime Record being the ending (or at least for the most part) makes sense. Before that album came out, I kind of thought the ending could be a completely different song (like BRS), but now that seems to make the most sense.
Aug 15, 2013 12:02 PM

Dec 2012
EasyGo-er said:
Here you go; [url]http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/kagerou-days-r6498[/url]

45Ravager said:
Sorry I'm late dude, but here's a link to where I read it: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/kagerou_days/

Aug 15, 2013 12:03 PM

Mar 2012
One of the two most overrated non-anime now getting anime (the other one is Touhou). Not that I mind anyways since it's the time right now to check the worthiness of this.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 15, 2013 12:10 PM
May 2012
Shaft is doing the animation so I'll watch this and the story is not that bad looks like this is going to be good.
TengaiAug 15, 2013 12:15 PM
Aug 15, 2013 12:18 PM

Nov 2012
I haven't really heard of Shaft before so I was wondering what other animes have they produced?

Also, what is the order of the songs for Kagerou Days? I've heard that there are songs that go with it just like the Night Fever songs but I could be wrong.
Aug 15, 2013 12:23 PM

Mar 2012
yukiiholic said:
I haven't really heard of Shaft before so I was wondering what other animes have they produced?
EF series, Madoka, Monogatari series.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 15, 2013 12:27 PM

Sep 2012
yukiiholic said:
Also, what is the order of the songs for Kagerou Days? I've heard that there are songs that go with it just like the Night Fever songs but I could be wrong.
This is basically the order the songs were released in: http://vocaloid.wikia.com/wiki/Kagerou_Project#Songs
NicoKurosawaAug 15, 2013 12:53 PM
Aug 15, 2013 12:51 PM

Oct 2012
Shaft is great for this project. Fits their style so well though i dunno if I would add it to my list.
Aug 15, 2013 12:51 PM

Nov 2011
I guess I'll watch this for Shaft and since I do read a manga version of the series, this will be on my PTW.
Aug 15, 2013 12:56 PM

Jan 2011
After watching "Heat haze days" I remember thinking "wow it would be great if this got an OVA" and now almost year later it's getting a TV series by Shaft. This is truly a miracle.
[center]
Aug 15, 2013 1:24 PM

Jun 2009
SHAFT? Yes please.

Can’t wait for this.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Aug 15, 2013 1:50 PM

Oct 2008
Bless everything, SHAFT is perfect for Kagepro!!
I'm looking forward to this SO MUCH
Aug 15, 2013 1:54 PM

Apr 2013
Will watch because I've seen some of the songs and I really like it. Not too fond of Shaft, but interesting choice..
Aug 15, 2013 2:49 PM

Aug 2011
VioLink said:
After watching "Heat haze days" I remember thinking "wow it would be great if this got an OVA" and now almost year later it's getting a TV series by Shaft. This is truly a miracle.

It's not actually just Heat-haze Days, it's the entire KagePro series. You should listen to the rest of the songs if you haven't already, they're really good.
Aug 15, 2013 3:03 PM

Jul 2010
I was expecting thar SHAFT will be a good studio for this series. How nice it does.
Aug 15, 2013 3:07 PM

May 2011
This news gave me an erection.
*Cringey anime weeb stuff*
Aug 15, 2013 3:33 PM

Jan 2011
Laciie said:
VioLink said:

It's not actually just Heat-haze Days, it's the entire KagePro series. You should listen to the rest of the songs if you haven't already, they're really good.

I have, its just Heat haze days was the first one I watched.
[center]
Aug 15, 2013 3:54 PM

Aug 2011
Oh thank god. An anime adaptation of KagePro could easily be a trainwreck if the director doesn't know what they're doing, but I can't think of anyone else better to handle it than Shinbo and Shaft. This is such great news! Now I eagerly await a cast list.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Isekai Shikkaku' Reveals Supporting Cast Pair

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by DARM11 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

22 by ZXEAN »»
7 hours ago

» Musician wowaka Dies

Sakana-san - Apr 9, 2019

34 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
10 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - 12 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
12 hours ago

» Manga 'Medalist' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - May 17, 2023

55 by Adizcool »»
Yesterday, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.