Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 30, 2009 12:35 PM
Apr 2008
Haha the TaigaxRyuuji thing is finally out, i was wondering how long that would take.

Was it just me or was Taiga really adorably cute in this episode, it's not really like her :P

Jan 30, 2009 12:55 PM

Mar 2008
ani said:
Sonja said:
"you're not loyal dog called Hachiko" <--- so from NANA :::: D

And Taiga is being sooo cute ! When she says to Ami that Santa exists and stuff :3 And the dream part was absolutely fabulous !
And I'm so hoping that Taiga and Ryuuji would go together !!!

I don't know anything about Nana (the anime or manga) but Hachiko was a real dog and a real story that is known through Japan. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachik%C5%8D

darkside099 said:
noteDhero said:
Chibs said:
Factor said:
cyruz said:
only the 'coal guys only' thing in the CG subs was totally lame.

Yeah, that was kinda retarded.
quoted for truth

I liked it...I thought it was quite funny.

Ok, DO NOT UNDERSTAND! Is this a joke or the translation said that exactly?

It was a joke. A very lame one. I wish they would release a version 2 with the original translation.

Ok, so what is the translation that was to be there?
Jan 30, 2009 1:41 PM

Oct 2008
darkside099 said:

Ok, so what is the translation that was to be there?

See post #38

I thought it was lame, just like what they did with ef - Tale of Melodies. However I still appreciate their subbing efforts.
Jan 30, 2009 1:48 PM

Nov 2008
I like new op song, but the previous one was better.
And I still don't get what's wrong with Minorin but somehow I start disliking her.
RyuujixTaiga? Well, that would be nice and sweet and so on, but isn't that too obvious? I hope it won't be so banal.
Yay, I like Ryuuji!
Jan 30, 2009 2:05 PM

Sep 2008
Man I gotta say ep 16 to ep 17 was a HUGE change.

For starters the new opening music. I liked the old one more on its own, BUT with the shows change of pace this is a lot better for the show and it was a necessary change.

Also the show seems way different then it was. The style has made a pretty noticable change.

Finnally the former minor characters are way more important than they were in the series beginnig. They used to be little more than background to set up a story and slowly became more important but with this episode they just jumped up in importance. Not main characters but more like secondary characters whereas they were more like background characters before.

This episode just got me more excited than I was a t the beginning of the series. Can't wait for 18. ;)
The esteemed General Cow
Jan 30, 2009 2:08 PM

Oct 2007
Great episode once again. Minorin acting all weird for reasons unknown (though we can guess) and Taiga acting all cute and happy because of Christmas time. Kitamura's entrance in the classroom was freaking hilarious btw XD

About the OP: I liked the previous one better but it's still pretty high quality.

I can't wait for the next episode. Taiga and Minorin = <3

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Jan 30, 2009 2:25 PM
Jun 2008
Love the new end theme, greatly disliked the opening.
Jan 30, 2009 2:42 PM

Jun 2008
Enjoyable episode, setting up another story with Minorin and the upcoming Christmas party.
lol at the GNR reference, after reading the posts here I kinda understand...

Jan 30, 2009 3:07 PM

Aug 2007
I don't mind CoalGuys translation thing, I thought it was funny.
Jan 30, 2009 3:08 PM

Dec 2008
This ep was so cute :)
Jan 30, 2009 3:43 PM

Aug 2008
Already 5 pages? ehh

So, I'm totally lost. Minori's gone from crazy to total nutjob, Taiga is one happy camper, Ryuuji is starting to like Taiga, some new girl likes Kitamura too, and Ami knows everything. Feels like watching a new show.

Well, the new OP and ED are good but not as good as the previous ones.
Jan 30, 2009 4:00 PM

Nov 2008
Ah, another great episode, especially with the Christmas theme starting to come in. This was a cute one, with Taiga talking about how she loves Christmas and is acting good because Santa is watching and Ryuuji getting a little bothered when Taiga and Kitamura start hitting it off. It'll be interesting to see how that will play out, and if Ryuuji will step in eventually.

The new OP and ED were pretty cool. OP wasn't as good as the old one in my opinion, but I think the ED is just as good.

Here's to hoping that next episode some light will be shed on Minori's situation.
Jan 30, 2009 4:25 PM

Feb 2008
honestly, i am getting a bit worn out with the character's attitudes.

the new Opening and ending songs are not nearly as good as the others.
Jan 30, 2009 5:05 PM

Aug 2008
Ani - actually that was the joke.

In Nana, they both had the name Nana so they decided one should be called Hachi (7 and 8) - but because "Hachi" acted like a puppy, they called her Hachiko, just like the famous dog, which they actually discussed in the manga/anime.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Jan 30, 2009 5:06 PM

Aug 2008
"Dere" Taiga is way better than "tsun" Taiga :)

The new opening is OK; Pre-Parade is better. I'm one of the very few here who likes the new ending better than the old ending.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jan 30, 2009 5:09 PM

May 2007
Kvakond said:

So, I'm totally lost. Minori's gone from crazy to total nutjob, Taiga is one happy camper, Ryuuji is starting to like Taiga, some new girl likes Kitamura too, and Ami knows everything. Feels like watching a new show.

I feel that the characters have gone "out of character" a bit too suddenly. I do understand that it's been a few weeks since things have happened in the storyline, but I guess I'm not adjusting to the sudden character-personality changes. But I will admit things are starting to get really interesting and for once, pairings are really hard to predict. Seems like we're in the Kushieda arc now where we get to deal with her messed up problem.
Jan 30, 2009 5:19 PM

Apr 2008
Very cute. :) Guess Ryuuji's realizing his feelings for Taiga!
And I wonder what's up with Minori...:'(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2009 5:21 PM

Aug 2008
vindemon64 said:
Kvakond said:

I feel that the characters have gone "out of character" a bit too suddenly. I do understand that it's been a few weeks since things have happened in the storyline, but I guess I'm not adjusting to the sudden character-personality changes. But I will admit things are starting to get really interesting and for once, pairings are really hard to predict. Seems like we're in the Kushieda arc now where we get to deal with her messed up problem.

True, why a mess in few episodes ... Too sudden. ..

Jan 30, 2009 5:51 PM

Jan 2008
Ya-chan ^^

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Jan 30, 2009 6:41 PM

May 2007
This! This is what i'm waiting long long time ago!

This is a masterpiece. This is what i wanted!
THIS IS sparta ONE OF THE BEST ANIME EVER
(Sorry on the sparta joke, i know its already old as hell, but i can't help to be lame.)

This time was the one and only time i laughted at Inko-chan (On the anime)
xD

As for Haruta's dream, i really enjoyed. I can't say i laughted at it, but it sure made me smile.

The "out of character" thing is thanks to the fact that the staff had to crop out some parts so the anime would fit.
Check the manga and you won't have a problem with this.

Taiga being more dere is indeed something good to have for a while.
Though she was getting better throught kitamura's arc.

My hate for Minorin growns stronger each time i see her.
Before i didn't like her because of her lunacy and by the fact that she is the only thing holding Takasu from going for either Taiga or Ami.

I'm really confused about how this is going to end. It seems like its heading back towards taiga, but there still a possibility of takassu getting minorin, which in my opinion is compleaty boring, and stupid.
IRL personalitys like that tend to fail in a relationship.

I would bet my 5 cents on takasu x amin, but lately amin's development and screen time have been reduced. Saddly enough.

Really good episode.
This series is real slice of life.
Things like that really happen between friends.
Thats why i find this series lovely. lol

BTW lately minorin has become more and more predictable.
Before i was usually wrong in my expeculations, but now i've being getting more rights then wrongs. =O

This episode is what made the next one something that might decide if this series is indeed a masterpiece, as i think, or if its just another anime with an very good start, that ended being a phailure.

i'm too sleeply to write anymoar.
please ignore my typos. too sleepy to check.
Jan 30, 2009 7:33 PM

Nov 2007
Nice new OP although I still really like the old one, and omg Taiga this episode was acting so meek :3, nice change but I think if it continues for the next few episodes it would be bad =/
Jan 30, 2009 9:53 PM

Jan 2009
Pretty good new op and ed, but I prefer the old ones still. Taiga was overflowing with moe this entire episode, but the show needs more Ami. I wonder what she is trying to achieve with causing Minori to act weird.
Jan 30, 2009 10:11 PM

Jul 2008
Woah, I feel like this show has suddenly turned around and become something else. I'm interested how everything is going to pan out.

I'm going to miss Pre-Parade; it really fit the series and the entire opening sequence was awesome. The new ending is pretty awesome though, but it's a lot less upbeat.

BEGINNER
Jan 30, 2009 10:46 PM

Jun 2007
Pretty good ep but it did feel like a different season though. Nothing else to say.

Heres the latest relationship chart. A lot of things changed this episode. If anyone has any suggestions please post.
Jan 30, 2009 11:03 PM

May 2008
i was kinda sad that they show less of kitamura in the OP and none at all in the ED.Oh well at least he still makes an appearance in the show lols.Taiga is cuter in this episode then the others or maybe its ust my imagination lol

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 31, 2009 12:13 AM

Jul 2008
darkside099 said:
ani said:
Sonja said:
"you're not loyal dog called Hachiko" <--- so from NANA :::: D
!

I don't know anything about Nana (the anime or manga) but Hachiko was a real dog and a real story that is known through Japan. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachik%C5%8D

I know that Hachiko was a real dog too, maybe I'm just too into NANA anime (everyone who has seen it should know that the second maincharacter's nickname is Hachi or Hachiko ::: D). So I guess that they really meant the real dog here but... too into NANA ::::: D

Jan 31, 2009 12:18 AM

Mar 2008
Ah, a new opening and ending. Didn't expect this to happen at a point where less than ten episodes are left. The ending couldn't interest me, I closed the screen down even before the song was finished. The opening was alright, but since I always looked forward to hear Pre-parade, I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't as uplifting as the intro used to be. Perhaps that means Toradora will take a new direction?

More screentime for Minori! Yay! I like her character and I'm wondering what's troubling her. It can't be only the softball game, can it?

Lots of funny jokes in this episode. For instance, Kitamaru lying on the ground, Taiga with the donut... =3
Jan 31, 2009 12:22 AM

Apr 2008
Nice OP/End :D
Jan 31, 2009 12:40 AM

Oct 2008
vaberella said:
sniW said:
Tekky99 said:
me like new OP =3

Yeah, I just uploaded a higher quality version (with more bass):

and someone else uploaded the ED:

I actually like this new OP better than the previous one.

Okay well I don't like the ED at all. It's far from upbeat and fun, this is goes double for the ending vid.

As for the OP. I really dislike the OP song. I loved Pre-Parade and this one just does nothing for me. As for the vid..hmmm....It has it's good points and bad points. It would be fine if there were more images of Ryuuji/Taiga. Instead I felt that Minorin and Ami dominated the video (ditto for the ED) and Kitamura was almost invisible.

I find both videos seem to change the feel of the show for me a bit. When I think of the first OP and ED I knew I would expect some fun and lighthearted stuff broken in by teen melodrama. But now, both songs just kind of make me think ANGST and nothing else. The feel is off.

Totally agree. I was like where's my pre parade? O_o??

Edit: FINALLY! Ryuuji is starting to realize how he feels for Taiga. Both Taiga and Ryuuji looked so cute in this episode. I like Ami but I could never like Minorin. Sorry guys she's soooooo weird.
RebellaJan 31, 2009 1:24 AM
Jan 31, 2009 1:27 AM

Oct 2008
AkariChan said:
sniW said:
AkariChan said:
id said:
New OP look somewhat like an ED.

AkariChan said:
Aisaka is so cute <3

*saves*

I can make a larger one if uw ant :3

Did you make that, Akari? If so, would it be too much to request a larger version? It would make a great desktop wallpaper :D

sure:
preview:

warning: huge picture (4.52MB png, 2560x1600)
http://akarichan.site90.com/ss/ToraDoraCollage.PNG

Sorry for thre double posting but whoever made this is an artist! WOW I love it!
<3 So amazing! WOW
Jan 31, 2009 1:37 AM
Nov 2008
DeathfireD said:
Pretty good ep but it did feel like a different season though. Nothing else to say.

Heres the latest relationship chart. A lot of things changed this episode. If anyone has any suggestions please post.

haha..so damn true..nice job..well then..
songs: i liked pre-parade better..but i don't dislike these either

now on to main topic...it's official..minorin likes ryuuji...
kihara likes kitamura
taiga was cute in this episode.^_^
ryuuji starts having second thoughts about the relationship taigaXkitamura..which means..maybe jealousy..hehe
personally...i want taiga and ryuuji together..so i'll be cheering them on
Jan 31, 2009 2:50 AM

Jan 2009
As much as I love Minori, She has been acting weird as of late. PLEASE MINORI! DON'T GO WEIRD(er) ON US! >.<
Jan 31, 2009 4:17 AM

Mar 2008
isn't it obvious that Minorin feel depressed and failed the softball game just because she fall for Ryuuji? Didn't you notice she became a weirdo right after the summer holidays at Ami-chan's villa? She merely felt twice worse after Ami-chan's words "Are your feelings of guilt gone?"

I'm pretty sure she is very scared of that new feeling growing inside her. It's like she's to meet a real UFO - wouldn't you be scared if you were her? Earlier she could more or less successfully block her feeling for Ryuuji but now she can't!!! since the barrier (Taiga) between her and Ryuuiji seems to be removed!!!

Weren't you scared of Love when it touched you at the very first time? Wasn't the feeling of getting unrequited the most scary one? Especially when it looked like you came so close to your beloved one? Remember, Minorin knows Taiga has feeling for Kitamura, but she knows almost nothing about Ryuu-chan's feelings!! What if he doesn't love her at all? Moreover, I'm pretty sure she thinks that Ryuuji loves Taiga: "Why else would he care about Taiga so much?" And I bet that's what's most depressing for her. this is why she tries to ignore him and put him out of her head.

Poor.. poor Minorin... Poor.. poor Ami! Just take a look at the next episode preview, Ami's crying.. and it's a pity there's no pair for her nor for Minorin.. Kitamura will most likely end up with Kihara.. Ryuuji will end up with Taiga... and I can even imagine an episode where Minorin releases him for his own and Taiga's sake..
Jan 31, 2009 4:18 AM

May 2007
I just love the fact that takasu ain't the one with the full harem
This is like one of the first shows to make the main not the womenaizer.

I find probable that Takasu will hold his unsure feelings for taiga.
At least until something happens to her. (If in the end he gets the Taiga ending. Which is possible, and very much probable.)

As for Ami, she will probably end alone. Since the story so far has only showed us Ami putting up the mature pose, then won't bother in using that as a reason for her o simply move away, or simply stay without anyone.

Taiga's crush on Kitamura is as stupid as Ryuji's crush on Minorin...
We all know Kitamura ain't going to end with Taiga, so as Minorin ain't going to end with Takasu.

IMO this is heading to 3 possible developments.
No ending, which would be lame. But acceptable.
Clichêl, where Takasu ends up wth Taiga, which would simply kill the series.
Original, Takasu x Ami which would b simply perfect.
Though Takasu x Minorin would be original as hell. Well, i hate her so i don't want to consider it. lol

Lepchin17 said:
PLEASE MINORI! DON'T GO WEIRD(er) ON US! >.<
Yeah, please slit your wrists already.
(Omg, whats wrong with me? lol)
RyushiJan 31, 2009 4:27 AM
Jan 31, 2009 4:26 AM

Nov 2007
It looks like they took out Kitamura in the new ed. that's too bad.

Also, this is the slice-of-life anime episode, it was a bit disapointing though, but I love it all the same! I love the new ed and op and I pretty much expected the new op and ed since the last episode due to the x-mas special.

Jan 31, 2009 4:43 AM

May 2007
Ryushi said:

IMO this is heading to 3 possible developments.
No ending, which would be lame. But acceptable.
Clichêl, where Takasu ends up wth Taiga, which would simply kill the series.
Original, Takasu x Ami which would b simply perfect.
Though Takasu x Minorin would be original as hell. Well, i hate her so i don't want to consider it. lol

I can bet that the producers know better than simply leaving an open end. That would drastically change the scores - in a bad way. If Ryuuji ends up with Taiga, I'll be sad, because that's way too predictable, especially now that Ryuuji is finally realizing his feelings about Taiga. Ami seems a bit unlikely now that she is getting less and less screentime. If either Ami or Kushieda wins him, I'll be satisfied. But please, no Taiga (although she's the most likely to be the one.)
Jan 31, 2009 7:09 AM

Jul 2007
I found Pre-parade annoying as hell so the new OP was a welcome change for me.

I don't really care who ends up with who as long as those two are together, whether as friends or as a couple.

Taiga = tsundere
YuunagiJan 31, 2009 7:27 AM
Jan 31, 2009 8:22 AM

Aug 2007
I have a feeling that this arc will end with this next episode or the one after, and then the last 6-7 episodes will be the final arc.

that scene when Ryuuji and his mom were pleading for forgiveness was one of my favorite parts of this ep.

I still hope he goes with Ami in the end, because I feel like something big is gonna happen in the next episode that makes it completely unlikely the Kushieda X Ryuuji ending. But then again that glimpse of Ami "crying" in the preview might mean that the Ami x Ryuuji ending is gone as well (which would suck because she is my 2nd favorite character, Ryuuji being first)
Jan 31, 2009 8:44 AM
Jul 2008
The new opening is just as good as the old one.<3
Although I don't really like the ending as much.

The atmosphere changed a LOT from episode 16 to 17. x:
But, of course, that was an adorable episode [Taiga was SO cute~♥]. It was really funny, too. I loved the scene with Inko-chan. :3 And Haruta's dream was... wow, LOL. XD And I agree with most of you, if Taiga were to act like how she acted in this episode, I'd die. ): Ryuuji is finally starting to like Taiga now~

Overall, it was a pretty good episode, but I don't think it was one of my favorites. It did get me thinking about my '08 Christmas holiday, though, which was one of the best ones yet. :)
Jan 31, 2009 8:47 AM
Jan 2009
Good episode.... I think though Ryuuji had feelings for taiga now... he will do nothing in order not to be in the way of taiga happiness (thats wat he has been doing all this time).... and for Minorin.... why she behave in such a way since now she had a feeling for Ryuuji.....

P.S. Ryuuji is really a lucky guy... he has three girls(with all sort of character) after him.... wish ould be like him...=)
Jan 31, 2009 8:59 AM

Jul 2007
Yuunagi said:
I found Pre-parade annoying as hell so the new OP was a welcome change for me.

I don't really care who ends up with who as long as those two are together, whether as friends or as a couple.

Taiga = tsundere

Ya i agree though I love to see them remain as friends then lovers.

Love Tiga in this episode she look cuter than usual and also the part where Ryuji apologize to Inko-chan .

Jan 31, 2009 9:12 AM

Apr 2008
ad87 said:
Good episode.... I think though Ryuuji had feelings for taiga now... he will do nothing in order not to be in the way of taiga happiness (thats wat he has been doing all this time).... and for Minorin.... why she behave in such a way since now she had a feeling for Ryuuji.....

P.S. Ryuuji is really a lucky guy... he has three girls(with all sort of character) after him.... wish ould be like him...=)

I think the so to xD.
Taiga was soo cute in this ep. :)

Breath||
Jan 31, 2009 10:23 AM
Jul 2008
new op for toradora .. its really nice! xD
Jan 31, 2009 11:41 AM
Dec 2008
I think people are being a little whiney about the new OP/ED. The old OP and ED were getting a little old, and they had more of a fun cheerful mood. The series is getting a little more serious, so I think the new OP and ED were nessesary. The first 28 seconds of the ED really remind me of an ending song that School Days would have.

Anyways, the episode was really enjoyable. And I mean, it's pretty obvious that Ryuuji and Taiga will end up together, but at this moment I'm not really sure who I want him to end up with. I'm starting to feel bad for Minori so I sort of want her to be with Ryuuji. And as for Kitamura, I really think Taiga should just give up on him, since he already said he's in love with someone else. Why even bother?
Jan 31, 2009 11:44 AM
Dec 2008
Rebella said:
vaberella said:
sniW said:
Tekky99 said:
me like new OP =3

Yeah, I just uploaded a higher quality version (with more bass):

and someone else uploaded the ED:

I actually like this new OP better than the previous one.

Okay well I don't like the ED at all. It's far from upbeat and fun, this is goes double for the ending vid.

As for the OP. I really dislike the OP song. I loved Pre-Parade and this one just does nothing for me. As for the vid..hmmm....It has it's good points and bad points. It would be fine if there were more images of Ryuuji/Taiga. Instead I felt that Minorin and Ami dominated the video (ditto for the ED) and Kitamura was almost invisible.

I find both videos seem to change the feel of the show for me a bit. When I think of the first OP and ED I knew I would expect some fun and lighthearted stuff broken in by teen melodrama. But now, both songs just kind of make me think ANGST and nothing else. The feel is off.

Totally agree. I was like where's my pre parade? O_o??

Edit: FINALLY! Ryuuji is starting to realize how he feels for Taiga. Both Taiga and Ryuuji looked so cute in this episode. I like Ami but I could never like Minorin. Sorry guys she's soooooo weird.

WHAAAAAAT!? How can you not like Minori? She's so funny! And duh she's weird...so what? I didn't think it was even possible for someone not to like Minorin..
Jan 31, 2009 1:14 PM

May 2007
Hey...
kameko14 said:
WHAAAAAAT!? How can you not like Minori? She's so funny! And duh she's weird...so what? I didn't think it was even possible for someone not to like Minorin..
Let me point to you: Its not only him.

There is already lots of people who don't like her.

In my case, I dislike her cuz i find her annoying...
Jan 31, 2009 1:27 PM

Aug 2008
I dislike her because she is nonsensical and detracts from the good parts of the show.
Jan 31, 2009 1:28 PM

Sep 2008
Ryuuji better bone tiaga at the end or I''m gonna be pissed.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jan 31, 2009 1:38 PM

Jul 2008
Sugoi!!
Just one new chapter, and a new Op, and everyone acts really weird.
Lol, the reverence of full body :P

Jan 31, 2009 1:50 PM

Aug 2008
Guns 'N Roses? what?

Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

283 by Zertur »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

255 by Zertur »»
Apr 17, 10:44 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 11, 2009

502 by Seradim »»
Apr 6, 1:19 AM

» Minori Kushieda

LuckyTenth - Feb 21, 2021

9 by MyBliss »»
Apr 2, 3:42 AM

» What's physical diff between kano and ami

atl_nal - Mar 28

7 by Ashikhi »»
Mar 31, 1:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.