Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2013 7:13 AM

Aug 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This new arc looks amazing, I think I saw a duel disk on Tea and Tristain's arms in the new opening.. does this mean they'll duel! That sounds awesome :D
Mar 18, 2014 7:28 PM

Oct 2012
This seems to be a filler-arc... I don't mind filler-arcs, if they're good. Because I like virtual-reality settings and this is a continuation of the first filler-arc, I'll watch it.
I like that they're using new rules. Let's see the first duel :)
Mar 29, 2014 7:08 PM

Mar 2011
Seriously? They put that random mini-arc right before the semi-finals...
Jun 29, 2014 4:38 PM

Sep 2011
I remember this arc from when I was a Kid. Even being a filler, I really enjoyed it.
Jul 21, 2014 8:24 AM

Jun 2011
Smell like filler. Seriously, I see many people mentioned Battle City in the "favorite/top YGO arc" thread, but so far this arc has been quite boring, and annoying, like the Anzu example in the previous episode, and Shizuka in this one. "I know it's dangerous but I will go/stay with you", then if there are dangers, they probably wouldn't be able to protect themselves. Anzu for worst YGO character so far, plain annoying with her "other Yugi" shit.

Used to like Jounouchi and Mai, but not anymore, Yugi and Kaiba were cool, but became kinda meh in this arc. Malik is alright, like him a lot lesser now, and Bakura is still as awesome as always.

And, a lot of dragging.
"Hehehe, fall into darkness."
10minutes later,
"Hehehe, fall into darkness."

Edit: Hopefully this filler can bring in some fresh air, even though I myself am still looking forward to the semi finals.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 2, 2015 1:08 PM

Jan 2013
Seems pretty boring, just like the previous "virtual world" arc.
Apr 27, 2015 7:44 PM

Aug 2011
Sometimes fillers are ok, someties they are really good but... but... right now? right right now?! This is the worst time to put a filler arc and one that looks long and that brings nothing new, i hope it doesn't drags x___X
Feb 19, 2017 7:45 PM

Jun 2009
this awful filler arc :( also lol @ stun phasers. classic 4kids.
May 18, 2017 8:31 PM

May 2012
This sure went into a total different direction! Pretty interesting to go off route in a very important battle! But well I do wonder what will happen next!
Sep 11, 2019 2:32 PM

Nov 2016
Another great filler arc is about to start. Longer and better than the one before Battle City.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 29, 2020 8:39 PM

Nov 2017
So the airship gets hacked and the autopilot isn't responding. Something's obviously fishy.

In this episode a little bit of background on the Kaiba brothers is presented. The island they were heading toward used to be Kaiba Corporation's central headquarters when their stepfather, Gozaburo Kaiba was still the president.

After Seto became the new president, he tore down all the military crap and built the Duel Tower on top of the ruins as a symbol of the new Kaiba Corp. No longer having to do with the military, but a gaming company now!

Seto still resents Gozaburo. He wants to conquer the hatred made by that man. And he feels he can do that by winning the tournament and becoming Duel King.

So Noah seems to have been the one doing all the hacking. The kid looks like Seto (especially from the first anime series with the same hairstyle and green colour)! He wants to take them somewhere and isn't giving any of them a choice in the matter. But where?

Oh look, The Big 5. What a bunch of losers. So they're still around, but not in physical form. They're like a throwback in a way though. I do love that virtual game arc. So now everyone's gotta duel them, but it's not your typical duel. This time we got deck masters and they're in a virtual world again!

&++ The Big 5 ain't shit for having virtual Kaiba lose! 😂

Okay seems straightforward enough, but what happens if one of the good people lose? One of the Big 5 will take over his or her body and their consciousness will be in the virtual world forever? Hmmm, kinky. Lol, anyway, this is definitely a duel none of them can lose!

Kick their asses, guys!
Oct 31, 2021 11:39 AM

Aug 2019
and Shizuka in this one. "I know it's dangerous but I will go/stay with you", then if there are dangers, they probably wouldn't be able to protect themselves.

Considering that the alternative would've been for Shizuka to remain on the blimp with Yami Marik prowling around, I think it made perfect sense that she went with Jounouchi and the others instead of staying behind.

Although it does bring up a strange little plot hole of why Isis stayed behind since she no longer had her Millennium Tauk and therefore wouldn't be able to protect herself in the event that Marik tried to kill her.

More topics from this board

» Favorite "Duel Monsters" saga? And why?

Matthappy - Mar 26

16 by Matthappy »»
Apr 6, 12:37 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 32 Discussion

Frezlaj - Jan 31, 2014

13 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 29 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

7 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 27 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

10 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 24 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 20, 2010

19 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 2:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.