Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 8, 2012 2:56 PM

May 2012
Fucked up shit, that ending was so confusing and fucked up O_O ugh damn this anime is so confusing, I didn't event know what that monster had to do with all this...

Oh well up to the last episode, lets see what the final revelation of this all is!
Jan 22, 2013 1:07 PM

Jul 2012
A great episode and I love the insight that this show gives us on the loss of communication in todays world. SEL is definitely going on as one of my top animes of all time
Feb 5, 2013 12:53 AM

Sep 2011
Dis shit trippy as fk.
Feb 12, 2013 8:49 PM

Jan 2013
Finally a good episode.
Lain and everyone in this show just needed to get outside away from the creepy aura of the town they're in.

Seriously, the conversation between Lain and Arisu was the first one to seem real and make perfect sense.
Mar 4, 2013 9:30 AM

Aug 2012
nooooo the men in black!! (>╭╮<)
May 10, 2013 3:18 AM

Aug 2007
Wow, great episode!
Things are coming together nicely.

It looks like Eiri said was technically correct -- believers made him able to be god in the Wired. But without the attachment to the body, one can not fully understand humans and be a true god. In another words, Lain is the real god.

Jun 7, 2013 1:30 PM

Apr 2013
Best episode yet. The part when Lain asked Eiri if he was the one who came up with the idea of the seventh protocol that was like in your face pall. So it turns out that Arisu was the only real friend Lain ever had. Anyways i am eager to see what's going to happen in the last episode.
Jun 27, 2013 10:20 AM

Feb 2013
I liked the conversation between Lain and Arisu. Arisu was able to talk some sense into Lain.

Damn that must have hurt though, to be told you weren't what you thought you were for so long...

I wonder how the last episode will wrap up the whole series.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jun 27, 2013 3:36 PM
Jun 2013
Best episode by far. It was definitely worth grinding through the confusion of things...
The stair scene freaked me out a little. God went straight Akira mode.
Jun 28, 2013 5:43 PM

Dec 2012
It's really interesting how they played with the concept of god in this series. I won't pretend to have a complete (or any) grasp on the philosophy behind it, but I feel as though it really addressed many of the controversial topics people debate today such as whether anything came before god or not and if so, then does that really make him a god.

It was also golden when Lain asked Eiri if his ideas and concepts were original and since they werent, what gave him the right to claim to be god. I can't wait to see how this series ends, watched it twice in the past but never remembered a damn thing cause I was too stupid back then.
Jun 29, 2013 12:45 AM
May 2013
Wow. I was gonna stop and finish this tomorrow, but no way after that episode! This show has been a bit of a roller-coaster for me. I can't wait for the last episode to see how it all goes.
Jul 3, 2013 7:23 AM

Mar 2013
Hmmm I guess I'll stick that Lain isn't God. Same goes for her creator.
Aug 13, 2013 4:22 PM

Jan 2012
AWESOME EPISODE. So much answers seemed to have been answered!! I guess Arisu played her part.
Eiri being an acting good was a surprise, but made total sense, how could he have ever been a god?
And i've finally understood what those 'ghost' things are. Basically, they are the 'wired' form, of peoples thoughts, or just the data of someone left in the wired. Meaning, that all those ghosts, the ghost that Lain saw before sister lost her intelligence, the ghost just before we see suicide girl last episode, are all from the wired. And since the protocol has become into effect, and was being tested long before, those 'ghosts' are walking around on earth. That's how Karl and other dude died. The main client must've ordered some ghosts from the wired to kill them. Thats why he told them to go somewhere where there isn't any satellites; where their'd be no ghosts!
The whole latter part of the episode was amazing too. Lain finally seems to have chosen to be with her body. Though the questions she asks...
Knowing that she's the software created by an acting God; whom is the actual God? I mean, why does 'God' want their to even be a wired place??
The only 2 questions i have right now is regarding the whole God thing (who is the real god then? is it left ambiguous to us??) and whom the real client is? If it was indeed Eiri, then that one dude that Karl worked for, what would he gain for working with him??
Amazing episode and just one episode left!! >.<
Oct 31, 2013 9:21 PM

Mar 2012
Freaky ending.
Nov 2, 2013 6:10 PM

Feb 2011
looking at all the cables and stuff coming out of lain's room walls, the navi is phisically overflowing xD

sad the stalker guys got eliminated

o_O lain's "sister" was left there when the "parents" left? wth

lol,
"god": 'i gave you a body'
lain: 'what about you?'
"god": argh *body forms out of nowhere*
xD

oh finally, that wrekage of a computed got cleaned up too, look how much space lain had in her room xD

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Dec 7, 2013 10:57 PM

May 2011
"Who gave you those rights?" Yes, the question on the existence of the wired world itself is a conspiracy.
The formation of the Knights themselves in the first place was meant to be destroyed in order to pave way for the new "god", Lain. That client just sacrificed all of the Knights in order to bring both worlds together, and the result will be devastating. Like what I mentioned in the previous episode, the combination of both worlds effectively destroys privacy, and also human's collective unconsciousness (Carl Jung). The two MiB finally debunked the mystery and the true intention of the Knights, only to get killed.
grayrebornnhyDec 7, 2013 11:01 PM
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Dec 8, 2013 11:10 PM
Nov 2013
Great episode, 5/5. Gave me the answers to a lot of questions while still leaving enough for the last episode to (hopefully) really tie everything together.

I am still pretty confused about Wired Lain and the Aliens.
Dec 13, 2013 10:37 AM

Oct 2009
Veethorn said:
Best episode yet! I now completely get this series, oh and did anyone get an Akira vibe there in the last minutes?

Exactly what I was gonna say! It really reminded my of Akira.
Gib [img] plz
Dec 16, 2013 6:08 AM

Apr 2012
This episode was great. First of at all, we see how Lain starts to understand the wired and the connection with the real world. We heard about how humans are merely machines with unused data. We see how Karl and Lin are getting disposed since they are not needed anymore.

Thanks to Eiri, Lain seems to think that she's a software to break the barrier between both worlds, Arisu doesn't thinks this way, she explain to her that they are alive and that real evidence of Lain not being a software (well in her own words), Lain understand this and suddenly puts Eiri in a Paradox. How can he be god if he wasn't the one who gave himself permission to do all the things he have done.

We don't whats going to happen to Lain, but one thing is for sure... She's not longer a normal human being.
なんとかなる
Feb 4, 2014 4:45 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I think a lot of people are flattering themselves saying they understand. LOL. I'm looking forward to the ending of this rather mindboggling series.

Another villanous performance by Sho Hayami too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 5, 2014 7:03 PM

Apr 2012
One of the few things that eludes me is the deal with the MIB / their employer and how that affects them. It seemed that was glossed over quite quickly, considering how deliberately-paced the rest of the show is.

And did anyone catch the implication of MIB Carl being JJ from Cyberia? Kind of explains Carl's "I love you" declaration, and JJ passing her the package she "forgot" which would've wiped her memories.
Jun 14, 2014 7:54 AM

Nov 2013
"...I just inside all sorts of people, that's all."

Well, that explains why Lain had multiple personalities. They were just different representations of how people saw her. This is pretty interesting since people have different views of God, and this episode suggests that Lain is God.

It would also explain why the alien/Lain was wearing a green and red striped shirt. Those colors symbolize Christmas, which is obviously the celebration of the birth of a certain figure, which may hint at her standing in the Wired.
Jun 21, 2014 1:07 PM
Jul 2018
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ONNNNNNNN XD
I'm just kidding, I mostly get it.

-Tien- said:
"...I just inside all sorts of people, that's all."

Well, that explains why Lain had multiple personalities. They were just different representations of how people saw her. This is pretty interesting since people have different views of God, and this episode suggests that Lain is God.

It would also explain why the alien/Lain was wearing a green and red striped shirt. Those colors symbolize Christmas, which is obviously the celebration of the birth of a certain figure, which may hint at her standing in the Wired.

That's very interesting, indeed.
Sep 22, 2014 4:42 AM

Apr 2014
KAAAAAAAAAARLL
Jan 10, 2015 7:12 PM

Oct 2012
Let's all love Lain!
Jan 11, 2015 8:58 AM

Dec 2013
I love this anime.
Also,
WTH did i just saw?

1 more ep to go.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Jan 15, 2015 12:58 AM

Aug 2013
Gotta give props to Alice for sticking thru all this bullshit while lain has a heated discussion with fake god
Yo
Jan 27, 2015 4:13 AM

Oct 2013
this is cracked
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Feb 1, 2015 1:35 PM

Aug 2014
- Lain got rid of or replaced the people's memories of Arisu's drama.
- Lain probably has more power than that "god" because she wasn't afraid at all when it was attacking her.
- It'a interesting to think about the idea of how everyone used to be connected in the Lain universe
- Lain is closer to the wired than ever before a her tech is going further out the wall and she buried in those wires and cords.
- Lain killed those two guys in suits
- It seems that everything is going to be connected in the next episode because that other guy in a suit who came to the guys in the suits said he was going to do that.
- Potential Texhnolyze spoiler:
Feb 7, 2015 12:56 PM
Jan 2012
Best episode so far. it was so good that I didn't even notice the time passing.

Karl and whatishisname are kill. Arisu and Lain's little scene was really cute. Doki, doki, doki... :) Lain breaking God with only words was great and Eiri's "physical form" was creepy as hell. By the way, I thought Lain's fake sister left with fake dad and fake mom, but she still is in the house? How is she surviving in that mess?
Feb 24, 2015 11:54 AM

Jan 2014
Great episode...Looking forward to the finale.
Mar 17, 2015 10:03 PM
Jun 2013
ugh wtf happened to those guys with the eye things. I mean how did they die and who killed them. Also if he say his partner while wearing the eye gadget why would he keep it on. the brain dead sister is still in the house for some reason. im with alice idk wtf is going on. Alice must be pissing her pants. WTF JUST HAPPENED! so is lain real or not? I did like the alice and lain scene though. Truly the only close friends in this show. Also people saying they get it yeaaaa I call BS. This show is not clear at all. Just hints here and there.
souledge94Mar 17, 2015 10:07 PM
May 9, 2015 1:36 PM
Nov 2014
Yes, finally that stupid so called god got rekt. RIP Karl and his other unknown friend lol, that's what you get for confessing to lain :P

Time to finish this amazing mindfuckery series.
Jun 23, 2015 1:56 AM

May 2012
and i guess with that god is dead...
Aug 1, 2015 9:27 PM

Jan 2015
Awesome episode.

I can't believe Karl died. :(
Aug 8, 2015 12:00 PM

Aug 2015
At least it got interesting once Arisu went to visit Lain at her house! Then the confrontation with that God guy was pretty cool. I wonder how they'll leave things off in the final episode? ★3/5
Aug 12, 2015 5:45 PM

Aug 2014
This was just... genius. Best ep so far. Wonder how they're gonna wrap it up.
Dec 9, 2015 12:51 PM

Feb 2015
Damn, I love this show. It's so creepy at times that it could almost be filed under horror. I was going to save the last episode for tonight after I take care of some things, but I don't know if I can wait.

Oh, re: the alien's red and green sweater -- I thought it was a reference to Freddy Kreuger, who can appear in people's dreams...

Jan 15, 2016 5:57 AM

Jun 2013
Lain has surpassed the self-proclaimed god. He created her but he never thought that she would eclipse and outwit him. He said he no longer had a need for a body, something that Lain had. He had no physical presence or power in the real world, he's limited to the Wired.

I think it's sweet that Lain did everything she could to restore Arisu's reputation in everyone's mind but Arisu still remembers.
臭い-
Jan 22, 2016 9:15 PM

Jan 2010
that's what you get kids when you take an LSD trip.
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jan 23, 2016 7:39 AM

Aug 2014
Damn what a creepy episode , I think that the monster is actually Masami Eiri ? .
Good Episode .
Mar 1, 2016 2:42 PM

Aug 2014
It's about time she put her creator in his place, the amount of crap that was spewing out of his mouth was just insane.
May 24, 2016 10:46 AM

Feb 2016
Apparently lain is talking to the virtual world that's being represented by the person claiming to be god. Lain however argues that that virtual world is anything but god like as it is also just a creation which first needed to be created. It means the virtual world isn't omnipotent either.
Jul 30, 2016 1:46 PM

Jan 2016
So even God has a God? What if that God also has a God?
What if every God has a God who is the Gods God then? Does the Gods God also has a God? Is God vegan?

hmm i hope they answer all these question in the next episode.
Nov 9, 2016 12:52 PM

Jun 2015
This was the episode I liked most since the anime started
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 16, 2016 12:40 PM

Sep 2015
Been watching through this series for the first time. I was really struck by this episode. I thought it was an even stronger conclusion than the actual finale. Arisu traveling into Lain's abandoned and devastated house was a real highlight of the series. Really show cased what they've always been good at, creating an oppressive techno phobic atmosphere. I also thought "God" turning into a Cronenbergian monster when he entered the human world was really cool.
Jul 8, 2017 12:08 PM

Feb 2013
Didn't take a lot to change Lain's mind. All Alice basically said was that she's afraid of losing her body. No discussion or anything, just instantaneous change of heart with Lain. Kinda anti-climactic
Sep 10, 2017 8:19 PM

Sep 2016
Hmm so I'm about to enter this place that looks like has passed through a murder or two, also theres seems to some crazy and heavy thing going on and shit has 100% chance of going down in the next hour or so, not to mention it looks dirtier and messier than any street I had walked till now BUT OH LET ME TAKE MY SHOES OFF FIRST OK

Cough, that aside, ever since they mentioned Lain beign an app, or software, I started to think like what if everyone was a somebody.exe too, I won't dare to doubt anything more of this show tbh, but now I'm not really sure anymore.

Also, since I-dont-know-when Arisu started to seem, to me, that she would have that role of "slapping some common sense into you", with the 'even if you/we are apps/not real, what difference does it makes, we can still keep living' lines, or something like that. But I didn't thougth she would have so little time to do that lmao

Anyway, I'm happy we finally got rid of Eiri/"God"/seminude smug guy
That guy pisses me off for real

Best episode so far :>
TTitaniaApr 2, 2019 8:09 PM

君の胸に触れていいですか

:>

Dec 12, 2017 11:11 AM

Jan 2017
The final monster was sublime. Still many questions.
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

May 22, 2018 7:04 PM
Apr 2008
Evangelion, Ghost in the Shell, Eden of the East (anachronistically), and now Akira. These are the vibes I'm getting.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nini - Dec 30, 2008

372 by mrnmbl »»
Apr 16, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

StabbyPWNS - Oct 11, 2008

291 by vit_ »»
Mar 25, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

aero - Mar 16, 2009

139 by Gf2002 »»
Mar 20, 1:43 AM

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

aero - Mar 16, 2009

119 by Gf2002 »»
Mar 20, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

aero - Mar 16, 2009

173 by Gf2002 »»
Mar 19, 11:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.