Forum Settings
Forums
Cardcaptor Sakura Collector’s Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 11, 2013 9:50 PM

Nov 2009
Found this topic in other forum which got me curious. Decided to ask myanimelist opinion.

Since Fujitaka Kinomoto is one-half of the re-incarnation of Clow Reed,meaning that, Sakura is related to him, and through that, is related to Syaoran Li, but because Clow is a long ancestor of Syaoran they would be hardly related at all.

Furthering this, in Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle, she is also related by blood to both Syaoran Li and Sakura Li as they are also of blood relation to Clow Reed.

http://ccs.wikia.com/wiki/Sakura_Kinomoto#Trivia

Ok,since she is related to Clow Reed who are half English half Chinese through her father Fujitaka Kinomoto(a Japanese body?) who are one half of Clow Reed reincarnation, does that mean Sakura is mix too or is she a pure Japanese? This whole reincarnation thing confuse me.

Even though Clow is Syaoran long ancestor,would you consider Syaoran-Sakura relationship,err...incest?
'America is a stolen country'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8WZ0ztMuc

Zapredon said:
It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.

Totally agree!

Oct 17, 2013 2:10 AM

Dec 2011
That's actually a really good question, I never really thought about it like that before. But no, it's not incest. At least, not in the CCS world, Tsubasa maybe (that series is all kinds of crazy). Clow Reed split his soul in half, so yes, I guess she's related to Clow Reed, but I'd say it's more spiritually than physically, I mean... it's not like she was born from his original body. Syaoran is the one who's a direct descendent of his.

Even though Tsubasa addresses many works of CLAMP and at one point even combines with CCS's timeline, they're still two totally separate uh... canons? I think the whole being-related-to-each-other-kinda-but-not-really emphasizes how much more they're connected to one another since they're soul mates... I'm assuming because she has green eyes and Clow is half English, then she's a mix. Then again no one really is a "pure" ethnicity, so.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Chapter 9 Discussion

rebwaters - Jan 13, 2009

16 by peachrabbit »»
Aug 12, 2023 1:02 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Chapter 7 Discussion

rebwaters - Jan 13, 2009

12 by peachrabbit »»
Aug 12, 2023 1:00 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Chapter 50 Discussion

rebwaters - Jan 22, 2009

17 by aqui »»
May 4, 2023 9:15 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Chapter 8 Discussion

rebwaters - Jan 13, 2009

7 by Lukenzo »»
Jun 28, 2022 1:53 PM

» Manga Vs anime

ibraheem234 - Jan 14, 2019

2 by ibraheem234 »»
Dec 3, 2021 11:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.