Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2013 2:56 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
A "little sorry"? ;o

Seems like Kikuchi is getting a little close this chapter though to her especially. Ah Yoshioka, you still keep thinking of Kou though...speaking of which, oop he sees them.
Aug 11, 2013 3:02 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Omg fuck that bitch D: Why does Narumi have to be so calculative??? GAH I'm boiling with rage right now. I hate misunderstandings in shoujo romance manga the most...anyways, Kikuchi is seriously a great guy, but Futaba still can't get over Kou :/ so complicated. Well at least I had fun reading the part where Kou and Futaba were in the hallway talking about lunch ^^ I like how he said that that was his taste in girls.
Aug 11, 2013 4:24 PM

Sep 2011
To be honest Kou deserved to see that hug. He's been such an ass. Also if he wimps out in the next chapter about telling Narumi that they have no chance of going out then he deserves her and all her manipulations.
Aug 11, 2013 6:08 PM

Nov 2012
Dammit, I hate both Narumi and Kikuichi.
At least Narumi is the type of character who is a bitch and you are suppose to dislike, but it really gets in my nerves characters like Kikuichi that you are suppose to feel sorry for their unrequired love.
Anyway, does Kikuichi had any pride, I mean how many times does she have to tell him that she loves Kou for him to give up, or at least wait for her to really get over Kou, unless he is trying to exploid this moment of confusion that Futaba is going through.
In a way he kind of reminds me of the staker of Yamaken from Tonari no Kaibutsu Kun.
Aug 11, 2013 7:13 PM

Sep 2011
I can't stand that calculative bitch Narumi, she did that on purpose. And I kind of get people being mad at Kikuichi for hugging her when she told him she loves another guy, I mean - really they both are pretty pathetic.
inzarathaNov 13, 2013 10:10 PM
Aug 11, 2013 10:19 PM

Jun 2009
Ah come on, Touma hugs Futaba and you call him pathetic???? Well i'm pretty sure that took a goddamn lot of courage to do because he knows he might get rejected (again?) and he's still trying to make her have fun. He doesn't have to be all annoying reminding her that she will be better with him instead of Kou, he just acts natural around her and wants her to feel comfortable with him by doing things at a slow pace. His motives are obvious and i'm well aware of that, but still i think he's an amazing character and i'm gonna be so sad when Futaba rejects him for good because we all know that's gonna happen sooner or later.
As for Kou, oh man i'm so glad he finally wants to talk properly with that lil shit of Narumi, and even saying he wants to tell her off in person is admirable.
And someone pls throw Narumi off a cliff. Not because she's getting in the way of anyone but because being that calculative and annoying is the worst thing ever ahhh.
Aug 12, 2013 12:53 AM

Jan 2008
So Uchimiya and Makita are going to become a couple now? They are cute together but wasn't that a bit fast and sudden? Well, maybe they aren't and Touma and Futaba misunderstood but we will see. It's obvious that Makita is interested in Uchimiya and I think it's mutual.

After reading this chapter, I think that Kominato has a good chance of getting Murao to fall for him. I mean, when he said "There's no way Murao's heart will throb for me" makes me wonder if this what will happen eventually. I don't know if she has totally forgotten about Tanaka-sensei but it is pretty obvious that she is willing to give Kominato a chance but whether she will be able to love him back is something we will have to wait and see.

I like Tanaka-sensei and I still want him and Murao together. However, I've a feeling Murao will end up falling for Kominato. Tanaka might have feelings for her but I'm afraid it will be too late by the time he acknowledges those feelings and tries to confess.

I don't really care who Futaba ends up with as long as she's happy and the guy treats her well. However, I think she will definitely end up with Kou even if she dates Touma for a while. The reason I say this is that this is a typical shoujo manga where the girl ends up with her first love and I don't really see the mangaka having Futaba choose the second guy. There are some shoujo manga where the girl ends up with the other guy but I don't see that happening here.

I don't have a preference when it comes to Kou and Touma as neither of them interests me that much but I think Touma is a nice change for Futaba. I mean, Kou is not that refreshing and he is a bit gloomy, so I think Touma might be able to make her happy even if he is not the one she really wants. Too bad it is so obvious who the end game couple will be.
Aug 12, 2013 2:37 AM

Nov 2012
This was nice. But if Kou doesn't tell Narumi what he wanted because of that hug, I might just give up on this manga. Not because I so want Futaba and Kou to get together already, but this doesn't change anything between him and Narumi.
jose21 said:
Anyway, does Kikuichi had any pride, I mean how many times does she have to tell him that she loves Kou for him to give up, or at least wait for her to really get over Kou, unless he is trying to exploid this moment of confusion that Futaba is going through.

I might be wrong, but I don't remember Futaba ever telling him she doesn't want to be around him. Futaba made it clear that she still likes Kou, and Kikuchi made it clear that he is willing to wait, just hanging out is fine. Futaba agreed to that, and that's just what they did. He's a good and honest guy, I like him.
Aug 12, 2013 2:54 AM

Sep 2008
I wonder in next chapter there will be such cliche moment and Kou will run to Futaba,
take her her and run away with her without words... xD
Aug 12, 2013 7:50 AM

Apr 2012
i hate narumi with 10000000000% of my heart and soul.
Aug 12, 2013 12:44 PM
Nov 2010
I WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENED WITH UCHIMIYA AND YUURI SO BAD!!!!! (TT^TT)
and Narumi is just that @#!#$#$^%$^^%*)((*&%^$%$%^%#%%$#^$ like always ...

Aug 12, 2013 5:19 PM

Mar 2012
'Girls should at least be a little bit round.' thank you for giving me some hope baby Kou ;A;

About the rest of the chap lets just pretend it didn't happen
pLEASE
(4 REAL I HATE NARUMI JUST OMG WHY ARE YOU LIKE THAT TELL ME)
Aug 12, 2013 6:06 PM
Jun 2010
I always shipped the friends of Kikuchi and Futaba and the fact it might be cannon makes me so happy CX

But anyways, why is everyone hating Kikuchi- kun for going for it? He's well aware she still likes Kou and is prepared for the possibility of getting rejected again (?). Not only that, he is such a great guy for crying out loud and is willing to wait for her. Kou, on the other hand, was in denial about his feelings, hugged Narumi, rejected Futaba and now you're telling me he wants to be with her??? U kidding me, right?! Although they have this chemistry between them, he blew it. Kikuchi- kun deserves her.

Oh and Narumi was such a bitch as ever. I quickly knew what she was about to do and I swear my blood just started to heat up. She is just soooooo hateful and hcbhsabcdbjfverjnu2ye73y28r58ncjd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T STAND HER. -______-#

Over all, this chapter was awesome. lol.
Aug 12, 2013 6:28 PM

Mar 2011
Oh this manga. Should be called Ao Haru Misunderstandings.
Aug 12, 2013 10:30 PM

Mar 2012
God dangit. Just when I thought this manga was finally starting to climb out of the abyss of endless misunderstandings, drama, and angst, this chapter happened. I legitimately did not hate Narumi before this chapter, but she was so calculative here that it frustrated me to no end. It's been a long time since I've read something so frustrating, even though I have a feeling that Kou is still going to go through with his talk to Narumi, since he was already suspicious right when she asked him to meet her at the park. And if he doesn't... well, this manga will devolve straight back to where the conflict started.

I'm a little irked by how Kikuchi's character is being treated. It's almost like he's being treated like a plot device rather than a character, which is sad to say, since I'd love to see some development and background on him beyond his oh-so-sweet attitude. As sweet as he is, it's so hard for me to care about him simple because he feels so shallowly developed and is treated so much like a plot device that he doesn't feel like a real second male lead at times.

Well, character hate aside, I actually really like Futaba and enjoyed her in this chapter, including how she dealt with Kikuchi so straightforwardly. I still can't bring myself to hate Kou, and I actually have really enjoyed watching him overcome his struggles throughout the manga in spite of whatever mistakes he made with Futaba. I just hope we finally get some progress and emotional payoff soon.
Aug 12, 2013 10:32 PM

Jul 2013
Edefrem said:
Oh this manga. Should be called Ao Haru Misunderstandings.

you're always making me laugh.

This chapter made me pretty mad.
like ew no kou are you srs just tell narumi already

and kikuchi's hot btw
if futaba doesnt want him i do
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)dont hate me cause you aint me( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aug 12, 2013 10:48 PM
Mar 2009
LittleStar said:
I wonder in next chapter there will be such cliche moment and Kou will run to Futaba,

Like in Kimi ni Todoke? :D Unlike Kazehaya though, I have a feeling Kou won't do it. Or maybe he's frustrated enough to. Argh can't wait for the next chapter!

That Narumi that Narumi that Narumi that Narumi that Narumi that Narumi that Narumi that Narumi - !!!
Aug 12, 2013 11:18 PM

Sep 2011
I'm sorry for offending people for calling them pathetic.
Well actually I prefer Touma personally, I don't really like Kou, but I think that Touma saying that he knows that she loves the other guy and all that is not good, he is setting himself up for failure right there in his wording. If he knew that, he could have waited until she got over Kou, rather than come across with lines like that. I guess I'm not letting myself see the possibility of the relationship, since it's obvious from the way this manga is Written, that she will wind up with Kou, and that Touma is going to loose, even he knows he is going to lose himself, that is the really said thing.
The really pathetic one is Narumi though, she is just bad.
Aug 13, 2013 12:21 AM

Dec 2011
I could strangle Narumi. She's such a bitch....I mean, what the hell? Making Kou meet up at the park just so that they could run into Futaba and Kikuichi and make Kou want to keep ties with her. I know Kou is kind of an ass sometimes but he's finally realized his feelings and because I hate misunderstandings in anime/manga I really want them both to clear things us!
Kikuichi really did seem like a nice guy in this chapter (he's so sweet) but I can still see that she's in love with Kou. Damn you, Narumi.
Aug 13, 2013 1:10 AM

Sep 2008
Arturya said:
LittleStar said:

Like in Kimi ni Todoke? :D Unlike Kazehaya though, I have a feeling Kou won't do it. Or maybe he's frustrated enough to. Argh can't wait for the next chapter!

That Narumi that Narumi that Narumi that Narumi that Narumi that Narumi that Narumi that Narumi - !!!

Yeah, just like in Kimi ni Todoke :)

I like Touma, but he is too niice... for me.
but I prefer 'hard' or tsundere guys than guys who are 'kawaii'.
Aug 13, 2013 12:24 PM

Jan 2012
I hope Narumi dissapear from this manga soon. I hate her so much.
Its torture have to wait one month for the next chapter...

LittleStar said:

I like Touma, but he is too niice... for me.
but I prefer 'hard' or tsundere guys than guys who are 'kawaii'.

I'm in love with tsundere guys, but Kikuchi is different... He's the first (and the only) "hiper-nice-guy" character I like.
Aug 13, 2013 4:22 PM

Feb 2013
OH HAWT DANG THIS IS GETTING FEISTY
Aug 15, 2013 4:37 AM

Jul 2013
I can't decide whether I like Kou or Touma more. One thing I like about Au Haru Ride is that the drawing is so cute and the moments are adorable, just like in this chapter...

Narumi needs to stop what she is doing. If she thinks Kou is trying to end whatever they have then he doesn't have feelings for her. I hope despite what Kou sees, he's going to not stall this any longer.

Touma is so nice, but I do really like him.

I want to see more of Murao too ;o
Aug 18, 2013 2:37 AM

Nov 2009
LittleStar said:
i thought this as well xD
kou needs to man up and reject narumi then be frank with futaba! our poor, sweet, willful heroine! </3
Aug 26, 2013 4:06 PM

Nov 2009
God I HATE misunderstandings :S
And I want to kick that Narumi bitches ass
Aug 29, 2013 9:45 PM

Jan 2012
OMFG I can't with this manga, it just has these moments of squeel-tastic chapers and this was definitely one of them for me! I was crossing my fingers that I'd spent enough time off the internet for there to be two chapters out, but no, I have to wait for the next update! Really great intensity.
Jan 12, 2014 8:40 PM

Jul 2012
FUUUUUUU DDD:< NOW! Narumi is the number one in my black list with Susanna Marlowe (Candy candy) -n- !!!!!
Aug 6, 2014 4:30 PM
Jul 2013
Why doesn't that little shitty bitch die already?!?!
Just go to ur father! No even her own mother wants her! DIE BITCH!
Jan 31, 2015 1:37 PM

May 2014
This chapter ... XD

Narumi you are really a bitch but thanks for making things so interesting.
Feb 4, 2015 2:36 PM

Jan 2013
*sigh*
Seriously...
Apr 13, 2015 4:54 PM

Jan 2014
I feel so sorry for Narumi :(
But for the others too x)
At least Makita is happy now ^-^
Jul 30, 2015 8:42 AM

Aug 2013
jose21 said:
Dammit, I hate both Narumi and Kikuichi.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 7, 2015 8:36 PM
Oct 2015
Gfy Touma & Narumi.
Dec 13, 2015 12:07 PM

May 2013
LOL Kikku reminds me of my bf so I can't hate him bwahhahahahaa XD

Ooouuu, I see Narumi's plans. Tryna get Kou to see Kikku and Futaba being all lovey dovey so that he'll think oh, I can't get Futaba back anymore so all I've got is Narumi. But yeah right. Kou can't be that weak >.> He should try and win Futaba over after coming clear. But if he does go to Narumi, then he's too much of a dumbass for Futaba =.="

in the back of my mind, I understand how Narumi feels. She lost her father and her mother abandoned her so she's very very lonely. But she needs to understand that what she's doing chaining up Kou like that even though she knows he doesn't love her is just wrong. People can get selfish when they're vulnerable in her type of situation, but she needs to overcome that because nothing good will come of a relationship that is so shallow.
Dec 30, 2015 7:11 PM

Jan 2015
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH fuck Narumi............
Jul 8, 2016 9:57 PM

Feb 2013
Take that, Kou. You deserve to see it.
Aug 19, 2016 1:16 PM
Aug 2015
HELL NO, NARUMI WHAT THE HELL, STOP AND KILL YOURSELF >.<
Jul 7, 2017 6:42 AM
Jan 2016
I really can't stand Narumi, please just leave Kou alone and take a hint

but ugh, this author is making me so indecisive!! I don't know who to ship, they're both so cute, but then again i'm pretty sure Futaba will end up with Kou for sure in the ending. I just hope Touma doesn't get hurt too deeply.
Mar 13, 2022 7:21 PM

Apr 2020
It seems I am among the minority, that likes all the characters as a person. No hate for Narumi or Kikuchi
water
Oct 21, 2022 8:46 AM

Jun 2013
Narumi is so sly for that, I actually have to respect the hustle.
May 15, 2023 10:46 AM
Nov 2021
tingy said:
Omg fuck that bitch D: Why does Narumi have to be so calculative??? GAH I'm boiling with rage right now. I hate misunderstandings in shoujo romance manga the most...anyways, Kikuchi is seriously a great guy, but Futaba still can't get over Kou :/ so complicated. Well at least I had fun reading the part where Kou and Futaba were in the hallway talking about lunch ^^ I like how he said that that was his taste in girls.
THIS. PREACH. Why do they feel the need to add Narumi into this. She does NOTHING but confuse everyone that she interacts with and makes the story longer for the completely wrong reasons. I completely understand she's written this specific way, and in that I think the author has done an amazing job at making her so easy to hate but at the same time WHY DOES SHE NEED TO EXIST IN THE STORY. Kikuchi at least helps Futaba learn about herself, and himself for that matter, and even helps Kou learn things as well! He is a good love polygon addition. Narumi quite literally just adds toxicity to the story, and personally I hate that shit. The story would AMAZING without her, I genuinely feel like the story is getting held back because of her annoying ass, making me enjoy it less and less the more she shows up.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 49 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LittleStar - Feb 11, 2015

107 by Rhaelynne »»
Mar 8, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Oct 11, 2014

98 by CoomSlayer69 »»
Oct 15, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 23 Discussion

blue-y - Nov 8, 2012

39 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Sep 8, 2012

65 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 2:38 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Nov 10, 2014

99 by minnaslay127 »»
Jun 4, 2023 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.