Forum Settings
Forums
Soul Eater
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 11, 2013 12:00 PM

Mar 2013
The only thing I really liked about this chapter was the numerous hints that Maka's little gender-bender she had opened up her eyes to the world of yuri shipping.

over all though it was kind of a disappointing ending
BillyGGruffAug 11, 2013 12:27 PM
Aug 11, 2013 1:02 PM

Aug 2013
Interesting thing, that someone on the manga-stream said: This ending is kind of blant, but at the same time looks like an opening for future continuation.

Well, I may agree, but if this was to be some kind of a joke, then I'd be pissed off and excited at the same time ;d
Aug 11, 2013 2:07 PM
Jul 2011
I think I have the opposite opinion of most people. -_-

I didn't really like the final battle against Asura because it seemed generic, but I liked the last two chapters because they really seemed to be in Soul Eater's more unique style of storytelling.
Aug 11, 2013 6:42 PM

Mar 2008
So, the author got tired of drawing a battle shonen and decided to focus on Not!'s moe girls doing moe stuff in Shibusen.

Lots of unexplained stuff. Lots of unexplored plot points. Rushed ending to the main fight. I liked this series very much. It had great characters, ok plot, ok action and good comedy. But this ending... The author just gave up.
Aug 11, 2013 8:47 PM

Aug 2012
Yeah I dunno..40 page ending just wasn't enough to wrap this up. Crona became an afterthought, wouldv'e liked to at least seen Shinigami-sama's funeral, wish Maka would've made another step towards accepting Spirit, and the moon remains black with Crona and Kishin sealed.. It makes sense in a way, but I wish they would've given a bit of exposition to what the current status of the moon and fully displayed madness means, other than oppai.. A longer and more philosophical monologue by Maka would have pulled it off I think.

Though I did really like how Soul became "The Last Death Scythe" it was fitting and a great way for Kid to build the friendship with the witches and begin leading his new world.

I also liked the symbolism with Soul "carrying his piano with him" after running away from it.

And my OTP prevailed with Stein and Marie, that was fucking awesome.

Bittersweet ending, a little too bitter, but I enjoyed it and will miss the hell out of Soul Eater.
Aug 11, 2013 9:26 PM

Oct 2010
I was quite disappointed in this ending... Although, I am a huge SE fan, I expected better. but stein and his new comming child was awesome
Aug 12, 2013 3:40 AM

Jun 2008
so FairyTail-ish .. and worse than that too.
madness of boobs is the lamest way to end it
Aug 12, 2013 5:55 AM

Feb 2010
another manga with a half ass ending unfortunately it seems the norm these days.
Aug 12, 2013 8:24 AM

Jul 2010
No. Just no. Did they really canon f up Stein?! Why do anime/manga creators dread having really crazy people around for eternity? They 'need' to change for one reason or another and become 'normal'. I hate this development. I hate baby stories.
I hate the boobs part.
I hated Blair's appearance.

I hated the COURAGE reference to the awful anime ending.

I just hope this was some kind of a trolling as it's absolutely awful and MAL still has 4chapters available for registering.

Aug 12, 2013 7:51 PM

Jun 2013
Soul Eater Not coming in November? I can't wait! Was an ehh ending though..
Aug 12, 2013 9:01 PM

Apr 2011
LOL, I guess everyone has a different feeling for the ending. I find it appropriate for Soul Eater, boobs. Instead of madness, we got them boobs.
Aug 17, 2013 8:02 AM

Jan 2013
Can't say I liked this ending :/

Meh, it was okay, I guess
Aug 17, 2013 9:11 AM
Aug 2012
Freezing_Rain said:
This makes me wonder how Bleach and Naruto will be done justice. If they end 10+ years and 600+ chapters like this, I will be furious. I understand leaving a few things up to the reader, but manga and anime seem to be leaving EVERYTHING up to the reader.

This^ I agree completely. It's starting to feel rare nowadays that we get a complete or at least somewhat of a good ending that can wrap the story up. I like Naruto and I'm a huge Bleach fan and that would just be really disappointing if that were to happen to those 2. I don't mind some ambiguity toward an ending if there are things that didn't get wrapped up but when it's done in such a noticeable and big way where it's almost like you can tell it was given up on and finished just for the sake of being done, then it's almost like a blatant disservice to the project and dis to the fans.
Aug 17, 2013 1:26 PM

Apr 2011
Lackluster ending to a manga that I've been reading for years.
Not sure what to say other than good bye Soul Eater.
Aug 17, 2013 9:59 PM

Dec 2009
Wait What SE ended? I don't understand how I didn't realize this I even read the last chapter and yet didn't know it ended. I the ending should have been wrapped up better.
Aug 25, 2013 3:37 AM
Jul 2018
I want to see Maka's mom. ;____; And I was surprised for Marie and Stein. KYAAAAAAA~ I will miss this manga for sure. LOL at the "BOOBS" conversations. XD
Aug 29, 2013 3:53 AM
Jul 2011
My feelings are mixed about this ending. I always enjoyed Soul Eater more than other more popular shounen and the way the final chapter played was very...Soul Eater-ish like but I still can't help shake the feeling of it being rushed/not the true planned way the author wanted to end it.

Last chapter felt more like something the author had to come up with quick because of a Cancellation Notice. Can anyone provide the background with the author and this series about that?

"Boob Madness" was funny but way too much focus on that for a final chapter. Soul becoming the Final Death Scythe was awesome.

SteinxMaria was always hinted at but author made it official, for better or worse so quickly, with Maria's pregnancy.

I felt a lot of Soul's anguish wasn't really established that well within the series, like there were some missing chapters that needed to explore that more, so it was kind of hard to feel so excited of what he overcame so strongly.

The way they handle Kid learning of his father's death with Excalibur and overcoming was complete traditional Soul Eater comedy. Loved that scene.

So Crona is just left on the moon huh and everyone is cool with that? Oh well.

In the end Maka and Soul are as close as they're gonna be, the info about Maka's mom was just left on the table and I guess deemed not too important.

Regardless of the ending it was nice reading Soul Eater and it's nice to have some closure. Can finally check this series off, good bye Soul Eater.
Sep 1, 2013 1:10 AM

Aug 2008
The Journey has ended!
Boobs! Seems like everyone likes em. Madness of Boobs! Woa I would love that!

The ending was much much better then the Anime so that is good.

As much as I didn't like all that Maka handling everything feeling and the worst for me was her connection with Crona that Friendship felt so awkward for me one for the reason that Crona was a wtf was he/she two because I didn't feel near the end that Crona still deserved that Maka's friend support. But I guess that made up for the fact that Crona sacrificed him/her self to seal the Kishin Asura withing the Mad Blood/Black Blood Full Dome around the Moon which now remains as a symbol of conquering Madness and a new world.

Little bit more about some negatives for ME:
1 - The power level in this series was off a lot of time.
- Main was Maka and Soul at some point they were really strong and at others weak, and their power at time felt like it was not really theirs but the help of a foreign power the Black Blood, which is not really theirs unless they accept it as their own power and that doesn't happen till the very end. So that made their reasoning for power up very invalid for me at times.
- Then there was Soul, who as a weapon wasn't really able to fight alone well as say Harvar, Justin, or Giriko at first I understood maybe some weapons can't but even after becoming a Death Scythe he wasn't truly able to fight alone. Which at time would of helped. However again as a wielded weapon weapon he became far Superior, being able to counter attacks & wavelengths, hack attacks to counter them and counter madness plus more. The point was the Power level was not showed well till the end.
2 - Simply the Dumb or/and Smart Gorgon Sisters
- First was the stupid Arachne a powerful witch who made a stupid mistake to give her body up for astral power over madness after and if she was able to take over the Kishin Madness, like wtf was with that! Especially when you yourself say it was a mistake to give up my power by abandoning my body...
- Then there was the debatable dumb or/and Smart Medusa. She was brilliant for almost all the time she appeared Til her Chosen? death. Why would she just die out like that for a success of a plan that he would never be able to see through. That part made me a bit mad maybe more. But then you thing was she still the smartest? Her goal was always experiment and evolution. That goal I would say she did achieve. That was the Black Blood! The Black Blood allowed her son to be near invincible, allowed for the Kishin to be revived, allowed for the Main Characters Soul and Maka to all of their major battles and shit what do you know? that Black Blood allowed Crona to seal up the Kishin in the end! The heck Medusa Smart or Dumb a bit leaning to the Smart I would say, and the negative of her was just her death.

And now the Good stuff:
Black Star! and Tsubaki! Need I say more? But I want to. I always found their journey a little bit more interesting then Maka/Soul and Kidd/Liz/Patty. They went from Reckless Strong to God Tier Powerful. Heck Black Start by the end can fly own his own!!! Truly The Most Power Physical Strength Duo.

Death the Kidd's symmetrical problems was made of win so many times. The Sisters were a good support to him. Tho like with most weapons we did not get much out of them as far as back story goes but still we got plenty of them. He will surly being About Order from now on without using the Madness of Order. Tho its nice to know he can be powerful when the time comes post series I guess.

Soul And Maka. Really they should made Soul the Main Character but it was Maka what can you do now. Anyway despite the over amount of Maka, the presence of Soul made the Duo A lot bearable and at the end and by the end they were much much more likable. They should have start the series off with the Piano Scythe to match Souls love for Music and Maka's talent for Soul Perception. It would have made battle a lot more interesting. They probably were the Best Versatile Fighters!

What made the series good as a whole was Great Support Characters like Stein, Maria, Kim, Kirikou, Shinigami, and almost all of the Death Scythe's. And you had to give it to the Secondary Trio they made the latter part of the series a lot more interesting.

Back to my As much as I didn't like all that Maka handling everything feeling: the last chapter plus Black Star and Death the Kidd/Shinigama made up for that down feeling and allowed me to like the series a bit more as a whole.
The Last Chapter Felt like a good Closer for me. It also has a lot of potential for future story in the same world if the Mangaka wanted to add more. First off he can start off by Broken Alliance! More but since unlikely I'll stop it at that.
Again the last chapter felt good for me in many ways.
Kishin Asura not really dead just sealed again via Crona Sacrifice.
Yay for Gopher I guess since he gets all the Noah? What is he gonna do with them???
YAY YAY Stein you go man! So happy that feeling that He and Marie belong together actually came true! And a Baby along the way Sweet!
Black Star god dam you Uber Powerful You and Kidd will defiantly keep Death City Safe.
Good to know Blair is still the usual self.
Seems like Soul is popular still with that one chick we who we didn't really get much of just that she wanted Soul, and the 2 Soul Eater Not Female Leads were there next to her too!!!

And Woa seems like Maka does indeed feel happy with Soul and flag for an eventually paring between them.

Anyway shit ^ up there was too long Sorry!!! Good stuff has ended! On to the next!
Oct 12, 2013 8:11 PM

May 2011
Not the best ending.. what about the 5 gods? '-'
Chrona, Maka x Soul, Kid, Black Star... this ending could have been sooooooooooo much better :\

But it was good.. I'll always love Soul Eater no matter what.

I'll give it a 10/10. :D
Oct 13, 2013 3:39 AM
Aug 2011
OMG WAT
This page was so ridiculous: http://reader.vortex-scans.com/reader/read/soul_eater/en/0/113/page/26
I cannot.

Okay this ending was good and bad at the same time.

The fanservice is hilarious especially because you know you're reading the last chapter and every panel should count. Ookubo u trolling with that big "titty" page I linked up there ^.
I seriously lol'd when I was reading this chapter.
Not to mention that the last page and last line was kind of cheesy.
Soul Eater was not a manga that I equated with being this cheesy so yeah...
But d'aaaaww at how Stein and Marie and going to be parents. :)
Also, dp note that I had a fangasm in my pants when I saw this.
When I first came across Blood Lad I thought that it reminded me a lot of Soul Eater because of the art. Staz looks so much like Soul. Why didn't this drawing reach my life sooner? I'm in love.

Some things I diid not like:
-Mostly the events that happened during and after they went to the moon.
The whole Kishin being on the moon was just kind of ridiculous.
That's when I felt like this manga was heading into weird direction and that's why I ended up putting it on-hold for long.
-Kid's shinigami awakening.
It started building up very nicely since the chapters in the 60's(?) where we start noticing how Kid was changing.
So I was expecting more amazing things from him but all that buildup was so disappointing in these last several chapters.
He turned full Shinigami and somehow he ended up being less amazing than before. Letdown in every sense of the word.
-Would have liked to know more about some people: White Star, Maka's mom, Soul's family.

Shame to know how the anime ended.
Soul Eater: Brotherhood, please. :/

No forget that.
What we truly need is a Soul Eater: Black☆Star remake.
Kid used to be my favorite but Black☆Star stole the spotlight.
His shounen hotblood turned into 100% fabulousness.Goddamn I cry just thinking about it.

Anyway I will admit that this manga was a guilty pleasure of mine. Even after putting it on the backburner, I picked it back up with ease and realized that I loved most these characters and I missed them a lot.
Might have been repetitive at times with the madness deal but I really enjoy Soul Eater's universe, art style (i'm such a big fan of his art)., characters and humor.

Hopefully this mangaka will bring something new to us in the future and if he does i'll be looking forward to it. Very much so.
standOct 13, 2013 2:17 PM
Nov 12, 2013 11:39 PM
Jul 2009
lots of good moments, Chrona ;-;

DTK, Black Star and Soul and Maka all grew very well
A creeper. You have been warned ~
Nov 20, 2013 6:18 AM

Aug 2013
I had some mixed feelings about this ending. It was nice to have some closure to the story, but there was a lot that could have been expanded on such as more in depth character backgrounds and like people said, info on maka's mom. With all of the ways to end a series, I think that it was poor to waste space with so much fanservice filler. I understand that yes it was connected to the story because of crona's need for a mother figure, however I feel that this connection is a far stretch, excuse to use fanservice as the ending of the series. I know that humor and ecchi is a prominent theme in the series, and that Atsushi wanted to bring that feeling back into the story after the long serious battle with the kishin. However, I do not think that concept should have been the center of the ending and that it should have been a little more focused. Even though the ending was not optimal, I still very much enjoyed this series as a whole.
Nov 25, 2013 12:29 AM

Mar 2012
Dam, gonna miss this manga ;_; I just hope, as many have already said, that they make a remake of the anime since it was a pretty awesome manga and had a lot of awesome fights that would be great to see animated.
Dec 17, 2013 8:35 AM

May 2008
The ending was unsatisfying, cliche and kinda ridiculous. Minus 2 stars.
Jan 5, 2014 2:52 AM

Oct 2012
who did maka end up with in the end?
Jan 10, 2014 10:00 AM

Nov 2008
GoGo_Dominatrix said:
So, Marie and Stein are canon now? YES!! I'm very happy about that! I love Stein to pieces, but I think he'll make a VERY scary father.

An epilogue chapter would be great.

Luckily Marie would be a mother that could keep him at bay ;3
Jan 19, 2014 7:15 PM

Jan 2009
I quite liked the ending I agree that if you have been reading chapter by chapter it may seem like a let down, but reading it as a volume lets you keep pace with the battle and it seems more action packed, plus the open ending does allow further development in the far future.
Lets hope the Soul Eater NOT doesn't ruin anymore of the setting by trying to contextualize it, I mean come on, Las Vegas.

For those who don't know why MAL has 117 chapters registered, it is because there has been 117 chapters, but officially only 113 have been recognized as chapters in the serialization most scans have the chapters down as chapter0/pilot plus chapters 1a 1b, ect.
MastahelixJan 25, 2014 8:37 PM
Mar 29, 2014 12:18 PM

Jul 2011
I wanna see Stein with his kid. Side chapter plz.

On another note, I wasn't a big fan of the final arc. I think it was really well done up to Arachne, but after that the battles... I really felt that it turned into some cliché-like shounen ending. Lost it's spunk in return for grandscale battles, screaming, and powers that are extremely OP. Last chapter needed a little more too. Whatever happen to the other pairs? And it got cheesy...

And there were lots of loose ends that weren't tied up. In the end we never even got to see Maka's mother, or any hints of her, which I found disappointing. Also, the eight warlords mentioned in the Book of Eibon... and many other things.

Overall I think it improved drastically up to the Arachne arc, (especially Mifune vs Black Star, wow!) but from there it lost itself in trying to make an "epic ending". Sadly, I think the majority of shounen end up like this... though I think Soul Eater wasn't rush, and that's one thing that is good about Soul Eater's ending. Not well explored, certainly, but it was not rushed.

Also someone mentioned before about the power levels. Agreed there. During the fight with Mifune, Black Star was incredible, but then against Kishin he just had big, flashy moves without the skill. I felt the same for the other meisters as well. "Madness" was an excuse for some ridiculous things!

Oh well. I still liked the series, and I hope to see more from the mangaka.
Apr 3, 2014 4:01 PM

Mar 2014
Yay! I love Stein and Marie. :) I was also pulling for Soul and Maka.
Apr 22, 2014 8:21 PM

Aug 2011
I loved this.
I'd love to see more from the author.

» Escapism.

May 15, 2014 8:08 AM

Aug 2007
Just okay. Felt like another chapter, not so much a finale. Also, I get it, it's the last time Soul Eater will have fanservice, but really with all the boob references? Is the author going through puberty? Only thing I truly loved was Kid becoming Shinigami-sama and Stein/Marie as canon.

Pretty good ending to a shounen though. An ending at all is rare. 7/10
Aug 28, 2014 8:26 AM

Sep 2012
Did maka and Soul + Blair did it when Blair said : its better with three ???
Mar 24, 2015 5:47 PM

Feb 2013
Ending was meh. Glad Gopher got his harem ending. Maka's mother though...really? Nothing, not even a photo. If a 2nd anime were to be made, It'd be great if this ending was expanded on.

For now I'll peg this with a 7/10
gedataJul 14, 2015 7:30 PM
Jun 2, 2015 9:03 PM

Apr 2008
I normally love Soul Eater, but I was totally disappointed by the ending.
There were way too many loose ends, and everything felt rushed. At the beginning of the fight, Asura actually seems to have some logic, and seems to be willing to at least talk about something other than fear and death and whatnot. But then it's just 'I'm going to kill you guys now, that's it'. And talk about nothing BUT. I know he's supposed to be like super crazy and stuff, but it seemed to be out of nowhere.
Kind of just like Ohkubo went 'Asura talked too much, let's have him just go into kill mode' or something.
Asura is one character I'd have liked Ohkubo to do more with, as there is so much we don't know about him. What seriously caused him to totally flip, as he seemed to go years without issue? I suspect it has something to do with Lord Death (Shinigami), but that's only a guess based on the fact that Asura seems to show resentment towards him in this book.
The battle itself was fine.. kind of what I expect from this series, I guess. That didn't disappoint.
I did NOT like how Crona was just kind of done away with, though. Just seal him (I'm just going with the manga/anime here on gender, don't get me on that) away, and that's it. They couldn't have just let Crona out and had him in on the fight. There was probably some other way to defeat Asura, but I think Ohkubo just wanted to write Crona out and take a simple way to defeat Asura.
Those are the only issues I have with the main part of the ending. The aftermath (minus the stuff about Kid's ceremony where he is acknowledged as a full fledged Shinigami) was pure garbage IMO. We did NOT need those fanservice chapters. I don't care if the series started with those, that was the reason I almost didn't read the manga in the first place and I don't care if it returned or not.
It was a waste of space that could have been used to go into the character's epilogues more. Only Stein and Marie seem to have one, and even then, it's out of nowhere. Sure, I love the pairing. Sure, it was there in the series. But it would have, at most, been almost at the start more or less. Not at almost marriage level. So Marie being pregnant was just out of nowhere. But other than the stuff with Kid, Stein, and Marie, the series was acting like everything would go as normal.
I wonder if Ohkubo left it vague on purpose so he could make a sequel if he wanted to. Maybe a prequel (that isn't NOT) that answers a lot of the questions he left out, such as the stuff about Eibon, what brew is (other than something bad..), the stuff I wrote about Asura before, and other information on the other members of the pre-DWMA group that Shinigami used to run/be part of.
Also, anything about Maka's mom was left out too, which also leaves that open.
So many loose ends.. >_<;. It made me take a point off my final rating, which is a shame. I love Soul Eater.

Aug 5, 2015 7:50 AM

Oct 2013
Great Ending. Now I'm just going to wait for Soul Eater:Resonance anime.
Jan 19, 2016 2:58 AM

Nov 2014
Spirit and the others are okay!!
I hope Chrona will be okay too!

Lol Blair on page 20 and 21 xD

Everyone's sudden obsession with boobs in this chapter xD
Kid: "This is the madness of boobs!"
And the rest of that entire page xD

I LOVE how they became better friends with the witches! I especially liked how Eruka has become a "good guy". I always loved her character ^_^

And about Marie:
I KNEW IT I KNEW IT!!!!
I realized it back when they were telling Kid to go back to Shibusen to make negotiations with the witches and Stein tapped Marie's stomach! =D Ahh now I wanna see what the baby will look like...I bet it'll have Steins obsession with dissecting everything xD I wonder if it'll be a boy or girl, or weapon or meister... I wonder what it's hair color will be! Ahhhh

Anywho, I'm a bit sad that the manga ended. I still wanna know what happened with Chrona! And the Kishin! And Wes! (Soul's brother)! And little Angela! Do they actually manage to keep the sway of magic suppressed in her using Kim's regeneration magic? Or do they have to use the morality manipulator?

AND what about Maka's mom?!?! After all that, we never see her once. I watched the anime first, and Maka says her mom is like a big strong grizzly bear (or something like that), so I picture her to be muscular xD And apparently she has custody of Maka, but that makes me wonder if Spirit has to pay child support...Spirit is the one who's actually there in Maka's life, whereas her mom is nowhere to be seen...I wonder where she actually is? xD

Anime and manga like this always make me want to learn martial arts and swing around poles and sticks and pretend they're cool weapons...Maybe I can be as strong as Black Star! I bet I can even surpass God!! Okay, it's 6AM, I really need to go to bed...Goodnight MAL, and farewell Soul Eater <3
BlackFox24Jan 19, 2016 3:13 AM
Feb 9, 2016 10:39 PM

Sep 2014
Others seem to be wondering the same thing I am. So, instead of just Soul x Maka, is it hinting at Soul x Maka x Blair? *Laughs* Not that I'd complain, as I loved Blair.

I really enjoyed the first 70% of the manga or so, but I was bored, flat out bored, for most of the rest. So in the end I give the manga a 7/10.
CasyleFeb 10, 2016 3:40 PM
Mar 11, 2016 8:32 AM
Mar 2016
Like everyone, wanted to see Maka's mom but i guess since she was said to be weaker than Stein there was really not much of a point of her showin up, this and the author wanted to left us to think how she looks forever, curse you! Marie and Stein got that baby on the time they were looking for Justin, their "honey moon" as Spirit would say :P loved it. I am a bit depressed by Chrona, it was really nouble of her to sacrifice herself for Maka, its not her fault that her mother was satan in person(or snake) but at least shes not dead and Maka promissed to come back for her(and this girl for sure have pretty damn balls to go against Ashura himself again if she can get Chrona back) din't hated the ending, but i would prefer the fan-service and boob stuff to be minor thing and focus on them building a plan to save Chrona. Aside from that, one of the best manga i ever readed.
VoliboboMar 15, 2016 8:16 AM
Mar 25, 2017 8:11 AM

Apr 2016
isnt the final chapter suppose to be 113 not 117..
Oct 16, 2018 6:30 PM

Jan 2009
an open ending, high chance the Kishin will return and that Crona is still alive

i love this manga the plot about Order vs Disorder that is Insanity is great

plus in the end there is also the push for Coexistence
Oct 12, 2019 3:34 AM

Oct 2014
What the fuck was that?
What kind of ending is this?
Author doesn't know how to end his story I think.
Why is there fanservice in the final chapter it was useless and dumb.
I can't believe I wasted my time with this garbage manga.
Feb 5, 2020 12:29 AM
Review Moderator
Mar 2018
A couple things:
Kid started out as my favorite character, but Black Star's development was just too good. I honestly can't decide between the two of them.

As for this last chapter, most things were tied up pretty well, but Chrona's future wasn't explained at all. I'm just assuming that they were able to release her from Kishin at some point.
Also, the fanservice was not necessary at all, and didn't fit at all with the way the last volume was going. Overall though, it still was a decent way to end the story.

Floating Around...

"You're loved as deeply as the ocean reaches"

Sep 20, 2020 4:05 PM

Jul 2017
I love how when I saw the Soul Eater anime, I somewhat enjoyed it despite the inconsistencies and the bad ending, but I did hold it off to eventually try the manga hoping the manga had a good ending to really solidify Soul Eater as a good product.

And then I read the manga and while the art and aesthetics are solid, man the manga's somewhat just way way worse. The anime had a bad ending but the manga felt too abrupt and the story felt much more tedious and uninspired to grind through. Anime at least had other stuff to keep me interested, and I liked how the anime looked more than the manga too.

Very, very disappointed the manga ending and just experience was so flat compared to the anime.
Apr 9, 2021 3:56 PM
Nov 2015
Nidhoeggr said:
Boobs.

Seriously, that was very underwhelming.
its soul eater what did you expect?
Apr 9, 2021 3:58 PM
Nov 2015
Cnon said:
What the fuck was that?
What kind of ending is this?
Author doesn't know how to end his story I think.
Why is there fanservice in the final chapter it was useless and dumb.
I can't believe I wasted my time with this garbage manga.
because its soul eater and the fan service was there throughout the series why cant it be there in the final chapter kind like a call back to what was there throughout the series.
Jul 8, 2021 4:43 PM

Oct 2019
Boobies.

Seriously, this ending was pretty solid, even if it focused a bit too much on bosoms near the end of this chapter. I’m satisfied with this manga, even if it did have it’s lows. 9/10, I would recommend this manga to anybody.
Pandora Hearts is the best manga ever made and deserves an anime reboot
Mar 3, 2023 6:47 PM

Feb 2021
Oh what? This actually sucks, you're kidding me, the Kishin isn't dead? Chrona's still trapped? The moon is black? What the hell is this ending? At least in the sub-par anime ending they actually BEAT the Kishin, and Chrona is OK and the moon isn't full of black blood, good manga all the same, deserves a new anime, but this ending absolutely sucks
Apr 5, 4:00 AM

Apr 2015
This was a fun ride, Way better than the manga. Hopefully we get a remake someday.
The early volumes had really wacky art and we're all over the place but gradually the art and the story kept getting better and this ending was as good as I could have hoped for!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 97 Discussion

midnighteternal - Apr 19, 2012

28 by Biisoo »»
Apr 4, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 62 Discussion

Skribbz1990 - Jun 12, 2009

46 by Biisoo »»
Apr 2, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 39 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - May 11, 2008

12 by Biisoo »»
Apr 1, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Mar 22, 2010

11 by Biisoo »»
Mar 31, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 4 Discussion

VARIAchan - Mar 22, 2010

3 by blossomkeychain »»
Nov 28, 2023 6:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.