Forum Settings
Forums
Soul Eater
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 9, 2013 1:33 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Happy reunion with Maka and Dad :p

Nice. Looks like everyone is back where they are. Great chapter and I think this is the final chapter. Damn it, I'm going to miss Soul Eater now.

Why hello Blair:
Stark700Aug 9, 2013 1:37 PM
Aug 9, 2013 1:46 PM
Apr 2011
Why was there no makas mother, not even mentioned rip
Aug 9, 2013 2:11 PM

Jul 2010
"soul eater"not" i wonder what that's about ??

and if this is the last chapter then why can i register up to 117?
Aug 9, 2013 2:13 PM

Jun 2010
I don't know what to make of this ending. Was it axed or just the mangaka trolling?

Let's leave the moon black, Chrona abandoned, everyone is fine with the witches, no Maka's mama or Soul's family situation and seriously boobs madness?

All in all lackluster ending to a good series.

Acidblood said:
if this is the last chapter then why can i register up to 117?

The specials (like for example "Holy Sword Legend") are included in the chapter count.
Aug 9, 2013 2:23 PM

Jan 2008
This last chapter was kind of unsatisfying and wasn't as impactful as I would expect an ending chapter to be. It just ended so abruptly.
Aug 9, 2013 2:25 PM

Jan 2011

I really loved this series. I first got into it after seeing a AMV of the fight scenes and was hooked instantly. I was one of the few people who had no qualms with the anime ending: Psychedelic souljam+ dat running Sakuga + Courage punch = Amazing to me.

I started reading the manga during the brew arc and I quite liked the extra stuff that the anime didn't show like Maka's black blood dress, more focus/development on side characters, the new outfits, going more in depth about Kid's "balance" obsession/Black star's Hubris and Maka/Soul's relationship also seeing everyone genderbent hahaha. I think the message of this series was about bringing different people together be it witches, wolves, or even gender ambiguous psychopathic pink haired kids with mother issues, and that is done with SOUL RESONANCE!

Overall 10/10
VioLinkAug 9, 2013 2:33 PM
[center]
Aug 9, 2013 2:41 PM
Jan 2013
Another Great manga ends T_T gona miss this one
Aug 9, 2013 2:46 PM

Apr 2010
And thus it has ended... sigh.

But then again, better to end a great manga then to keep dragging it out.
Gonna miss it too.
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Aug 9, 2013 3:07 PM
Jul 2013
It was not as good as I was hoping the ending to be... I mean wth with the boobs, and we /still/ haven't seen Maka's mum for the count although it'd be great if she appeared in the NOT! series now that he's going to focus more on it!:)

Being a huge SoMa fan, I'm alright...ish with the last moment Soul and Maka had; did a Mexican wave moment when Maka blushed -- Kawaii~~! Haha xD

It was a brilliant manga series nonetheless and I'll miss it. TT~TT
Aug 9, 2013 3:08 PM

Jun 2013
At first, it seemed to have ended slightly abruptly, but for those who read the volumes, as opposed to each chapter one by one, it might make a little more sense. Personally, I like how it ended.
Aug 9, 2013 3:10 PM

Sep 2011
WOW !!

I loved that ending. This is probably the best ending for a long running Shonen in years. As sad as it makes me that the manga is over, I'm still very content with the ending. Though I agree that there where a few questions left unanswered like Maka's mom and not actually defeating Kishin.

Oh and BOOBS XD. I think they might have boobs on their mind because the new moon.

Aug 9, 2013 3:40 PM

Aug 2010
Oppai ending is the true ending after all XD

Didn't expect a comedy finale...and full of fan service to boot hehe, but it was pretty nice.

Dat Blair *A*

Well all in all fun series :)
Aug 9, 2013 3:57 PM

Sep 2010
Now I know why good mangas drag on so long........ Because nobody can end one the right way. I'm so sick of this crap with EVERY manga and anime. This open ended, unconcluded, abruptly ended garbage.
Aug 9, 2013 4:10 PM

Dec 2011
It was an okay ending for me, that stuff with the Boobs wasn't necessary at all.. maybe i expected too much from the ending of this Manga after all.
shirakuzoAug 10, 2013 11:33 AM

Aug 9, 2013 4:26 PM

Aug 2013
Sad this great series has finally reached an end, but I'm still a bit unsatisfied. I jsut wanted to see a bit more of this wold and enjoy the characters like BS n' Tsubaki a bit more.

Well, sad thing they made an ending in one chapter, I mean, it's like in most of the movies - everything settled down, goodbye! I'd really like to see someday an ending that will not just show us the specific "end", but will also show us a bit of the future of the characters and their lives after the occuring events.

Yet still - It wasn't bad, I'm just really unsatisfied of this series, I want TO SEE MORE!

4/5
Aug 9, 2013 4:32 PM

Sep 2010
This is why Mysterious Girlfriend X is one of my current favs. There are no events to get in the way. It's just constant character development and fluff.
Aug 9, 2013 4:37 PM

Jan 2012
I'm not ok with this end. Everything was so fast.. And half of the chapter was about boobs jfc. I was "what's going on with maka" bc she never cared about it.. The part with Blair was funny, though. It is really weird they were like that because of Crona. Pure fanservice. It was like the first chapters, was funny, but idk, I wanted more. The part about Kid knowing about his father was so rushed, ugh, I still hate Excalibur. And Marie and Stein, wow, I was really surprised. I though they could be a cute couple but I was not waiting for this. A canon at least. I liked Soul playing, he finally kinda aceppted it? The part between Soul and Maka was cute too, she blushing awn. I want a extra, anything ): I'll really miss this manga.. But why on MAL is 117?
Aug 9, 2013 4:47 PM

Jul 2009
One of my fav' series' ends and it's a dissapointing end at that. :(
Not a single mystery solved, pretty rushed and a digression into fanservice time killer.

I hope Soul Eater Not ups it's game and incorporates more of the original characters and their backstories as it has the potential to do (well, as doing to a smalee degree), that series is only OK IMO; boring mains, still looking forward to it's return.

Really going to miss Soul Eater.

Aug 9, 2013 4:48 PM

Dec 2008
So, Marie and Stein are canon now? YES!! I'm very happy about that! I love Stein to pieces, but I think he'll make a VERY scary father.

An epilogue chapter would be great.
Aug 9, 2013 5:02 PM

Feb 2011
And so another great manga comes to an end, it's the summer of ending manga, but this one ended very nicely, thank you for the years of laughs, gasps and all around fun, you'll be missed, but not forgotten! =)
Aug 9, 2013 5:02 PM

Apr 2009
Boobs.

Seriously, that was very underwhelming.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 9, 2013 5:07 PM
Dec 2008
Was this manga axed? I liked the ending, and overall I do rate this series about 9.5/10 but there are many unanswered questions and so many subplots were never resolved (ex. Maka's mother, Soul's family, Soul's fangirls and Maka's uncertainty about it [this was somewhat resolved but I feel that it could have been touched upon more], etc.). If this manga was axed due to low ratings in the magazine/etc. I understand that many of these unresolved issues should be left up to the reader to decide because of this. The only real problem that I had with the ending was the fact that the Kishun was just sealed again which to me isn't exactly a real solution to the problem :\. Last chapter I shall rate a 3.5/5 because overall it definitely had a final chapter feel to it and I can definitely imagine where the characters will go from there, but with the Kishun issue just seemingly put off to the side I don't feel as though I should give it a higher rating. Remember that this is my own opinion, please respect mine and I will respect yours in return ^^
Aug 9, 2013 5:18 PM

Mar 2009
I'm sad to see this one go. Would love to see more of BlackStar. Maybe he should get his own series. I did like the way it ended with everyone able to move on and look forward to the future.
Aug 9, 2013 5:31 PM
Jun 2012
The ending was a bit disappointing. I imagined it would have been better. Felt like a troll ending. So the moon will be black forever. The end '"Soul Eater NOT!" will start again in November issue', so is this series over or will the there be a continuation but it's called Soul Eater NOT! ?
Aug 9, 2013 5:31 PM

Jun 2008
Oppai ending....lol!

What can I say....truth be told it was pretty underwhelming and not what I expected at all.

Then again, endings are so unpredictable sometimes.

8/10 for Soul Eater....a pretty good and entertaining manga.
Aug 9, 2013 6:14 PM

Apr 2010
Ending was nothing special, but didn't expect it to be, everything else about this series was great, one of the ones I liked more since it had everything and did it well. Throughout my whole life finishing shows, manga and video games, I've learned that it's extremely difficult to pull off a good ending, so this doesn't bother me to be honest.

One thing I have to say was quite lame about this chapter was how Maka ignored her father again. Blah. The boobs thing, whatever, a bunch of people won't like it but I don't think either way about it.

People need to stop whinging. I mean, Mysterious Girlfriend X. LOL!!! Don't mention garbage like that in here, please.
antonnnAug 9, 2013 6:22 PM
Aug 9, 2013 6:33 PM
May 2011
Such a peace-note ending :'). I hope they can do a remake for the series I loved watching Soul Eater.
ban1o.jpg
Aug 9, 2013 6:58 PM

Oct 2011
I have mixed feeling about the ending.
Still, amazing series up til now. Pity now I have one less great manga to read.
Signature
Aug 9, 2013 7:10 PM
Jul 2009
Was a good run.
Aug 9, 2013 7:28 PM

Feb 2011
It was a fine ending. Nothing really special, but it worked. It also felt like a big throwback to the ealier chapters, with the ecchi and all, so there was some nostalgia in reading it. Overall, I'm happy with the manga; Soul Eater is without a doubt one of the better Battle Shounens out there, and I'm glad I picked it up.

Now then, BONES, get to work!

PS. If you want to know why the final count is at 117 chapters: http://myanimelist.net/manga/908/Soul_Eater/moreinfo
I'm a douche. Deal with it.
Aug 9, 2013 8:12 PM

Apr 2007
Weak ending, but overall a pretty good series.
Aug 9, 2013 9:04 PM

Sep 2010
This makes me wonder how Bleach and Naruto will be done justice. If they end 10+ years and 600+ chapters like this, I will be furious. I understand leaving a few things up to the reader, but manga and anime seem to be leaving EVERYTHING up to the reader.
Aug 9, 2013 10:02 PM
Oct 2010
BOOOOBSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS lol. great chapter.

when did stein and mary get it on?!?!?!?!?????!!!! 0______0

great to see it end on a such positive note
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Aug 9, 2013 10:37 PM

Jul 2012
hmm it finally ended huh? well i like how soul eater redeemed itself in the end it was a bit dragging im still sad that Kid and Black Star didnt really get a chance to show how badass they were but i still liked the ending ;)
Aug 9, 2013 10:46 PM

Aug 2010
Now we just have to hope for a new anime series XD of this. Ending was kinda random for me lol
Aug 9, 2013 11:07 PM

May 2009
BOOBS LOL!

is 113 the end or is there still 4 more to go?

will miss this though :(

9/10

good job Ookubo, Atsushi-sensei~

anime adaptation please!!
Aug 9, 2013 11:26 PM

Apr 2010
There are 4 additional chapters that are counted toward the whole chapter count, hence the 117. The 3 opening chapters which introduced each character, 0.1, 0.2 and 0.3, and one about Excalibur, which was 32.5 I believe.
Aug 10, 2013 12:14 AM

Jun 2009
As a final chapter this was okay I guess, but overall the ending wasn't sastisfying. There was just so much wasted potential in this manga:

- Noah
- Maka's mother
- Medusa (she seriously died back there huh? no one wanted to believe that)
- Eibon
- Crona to some extent

etc.

Felt to me like Okubo got tired of this manga and just wanted to wrap it up. Too bad.

Overall there were ups and downs to this manga. Baba Yaga arc was totally epic, after that it went downhill. Was still decent enough though. 7/10 in the end.

Now if only someone would scanlate Soul Eater Not...
Aug 10, 2013 2:16 AM
Jun 2011
Ok this was Cheesy as Hell, & weird... WTF were all those BOOB bits for? =_=... I'm fine with Witches teleporting everybody to safety. I feel embaresed I didn't see that coming, since they were planing to build a new future with humans they should have been presented as usefull more than once.
also, SOOO we are never Going to see Makas Mother, are we.
Nice that weird "v " mouth kid got his own Noah harem, Good for him

1 thing I really like is OMG STEIN & MARIE ARE HAVING A BABY KYAAAA!!! xD
aside from that I'll be honest this chapter felt... well emptyprobably cause all that boob talk & all. For F!@#$% sake we got filler fanservice in the final chapter WTH?? :/
Aug 10, 2013 3:42 AM
Jun 2007
Crap ending considering how awesome this series has been overall. No back story on White Star left me horribly unsatisfied considering how much a Black Star I am.
Aug 10, 2013 4:23 AM

Feb 2012
Copied from my tumblr (sorry for any mistakes but english isn't my mother tongue)
"It is done! Over to years ago I started reading Soul Eater and now it is ended. Am I satisfied with this last chapter? No. Am I disappointed? No.

It wasn’t the end of my dreams but it wasn’t that bad either. I think that authors of fanfictions should be happy because ending is “open” and there is a lot of place for some stories.

1. I am happy because everyone but Shinigami-sama is alive. We almost had beautiful father-daughter moment between Maka and Spirit :P. Sadly we still know nothing about Maka’s mother (it somehow confirms my head canon that she is dead). Maybe some information will be put in Soul Eater Not! but unfortunately it isn’t available for me because I can’t buy it from Poland.

2. Stein and Marie are going to have a baby. I like this pairing but it is so OOC. I mean we didn’t see any really good romantic moment between these two. There were SOME hints but they weren’t good enough for me to explain that they are going to have a baby not. I felt like I was watching Clannad: After Story (Nagisa’s pregnancy was the same).

3. Kid is Shinigami now. Of course he was shocked when he found out about his father’s death and he felt a little bit guilty. I think I would feel the same so I understand him. Peace between witches and Shibusen seems logical too especially after the final battle.

4. Soul is the very last Death Scythe. Wow nice title :D Also he admitted that piano is something what he always needed and he never stopped being Evans. Sadly Maka suggested that it is possible that Soul will leave Death City.

5. Maka or rather SoMa. I’ve never been a big fan of this pairing but I have admit that they have some kind of chemistry and it was seen very well in this chapter. Maka was so adorable when she started blushing after Soul’s words but still… SOMA ISN’T CANON (now soma fans can start crying)

6. Generally I am confused. I didn’t get everything what I had wanted but on the other hand this chapter was very nice. Who knows… maybe in the future Ookubo will create some extra chapter (like Ouran’s author or Nodame Cantabile’s )

I am glad that I spent two wonderful day in Soul Eater fandom… I will miss it a lot

PS 7. I almost forgot to mention about boobs case xD It was so hilarious and really in Soul Eater’s style. Thanks Ookubo!"

Soul Eater Not! is a spin-off and prequel of Soul Eater but maybe now it will be a sequel. Unfortunately there are only 13 translated chapters because Yen Press has a license. If you are from the USA you can buy and read single chapters of this manga
Aug 10, 2013 5:34 AM

Jul 2008
Although a bit underwhelming, I am glad we got so many pages for an Epilogue chapter. I always like long Epilogues.

I'll guess the remaining mysteries will be left for Soul Eater Not. Ugh, I don't really like that one...
Aug 10, 2013 6:18 AM

Jun 2012
It felt like this chapter was more about boobs than about ending the manga.
Aug 10, 2013 9:27 AM
Mar 2011
It had closure at least. 4/10.
Aug 10, 2013 10:33 AM
Jun 2013
Villetta_Nu said:
So, Marie and Stein are canon now? YES!! I'm very happy about that! I love Stein to pieces, but I think he'll make a VERY scary father.

An epilogue chapter would be great.

YES YES YES we need an epilogue. The ending to this manga needs more than 40 something pages
Aug 10, 2013 2:07 PM

Aug 2011
HAHAHAHAHHAA wow that was TERRIBLE. Rushed, and where the hell's the closure? So many loose ends.
Aug 10, 2013 3:28 PM
Aug 2010
dat offscreen threesome with blair
Aug 10, 2013 5:09 PM

Jan 2012
We never saw Maka's mom :(
❑ Single
❑ Taken
✔ Mentally dating a character that doesn't actually exist
Aug 10, 2013 9:10 PM

Mar 2013
The finale with the Kishin was very nice, I really liked it. But as many other people are saying, so many loose ends. They wasted a lot of pages with things (fanservice) that could've been left out. Kind of disappointing. But overall, it was a great manga.
Aug 11, 2013 7:03 AM

Jan 2009
Good ending Not!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 97 Discussion

midnighteternal - Apr 19, 2012

28 by Biisoo »»
Apr 4, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 62 Discussion

Skribbz1990 - Jun 12, 2009

46 by Biisoo »»
Apr 2, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 39 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - May 11, 2008

12 by Biisoo »»
Apr 1, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Mar 22, 2010

11 by Biisoo »»
Mar 31, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 4 Discussion

VARIAchan - Mar 22, 2010

3 by blossomkeychain »»
Nov 28, 2023 6:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.