Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 10, 2013 4:18 PM

Apr 2012
Aversa said:
The only bad part of this episode was the boob joke at the end

Oh I don't know, I find it's good to keep abreast of these sort of things.... Sorry.....
Aug 10, 2013 4:55 PM

Apr 2012
very enjoyable Episode for me ^_^
Aug 10, 2013 4:55 PM

Apr 2013
I was heartbroken for one moment when they couldn't find them ahhhh such a great episode.
Aug 10, 2013 5:41 PM

Feb 2009
Haters shouldn't take this anime too seriously, its mostly for the fans of the games. I doubt it'd be nearly as enjoyable for anyone that doesn't know the general idea behind the games.

But for those that do, like myself, its awesome!

In more lighthearted news; PEASHY!!!!

*Dies from the cuteness*
Aug 10, 2013 8:56 PM

Sep 2012
Yuenku said:
Haters shouldn't take this anime too seriously, its mostly for the fans of the games. I doubt it'd be nearly as enjoyable for anyone that doesn't know the general idea behind the games.

But for those that do, like myself, its awesome!

In more lighthearted news; PEASHY!!!!

*Dies from the cuteness*

exactly if i wasn't such a huge fan of the games there'd be no way id keep watching this, because in all honesty it's just cheesy. although i knew an anime of the game would turn out like this anyway.

Aug 10, 2013 9:43 PM

Apr 2011
Where one step closer in seeing Plutia.
Aug 10, 2013 9:46 PM
Mar 2010
Those transformations but none for Uni, at least they made fun of her breast in the ed.

Some scenes in the fight reminds me of gundams like those funnel/dragoons/fangs attack of Arfoire and GN particles during superior angels.

And like others said the anime about to go victory path now.
Aug 11, 2013 12:05 AM
Oct 2012
Aversa said:
The only bad part of this episode was the boob joke at the end other then that everything was nice.

It stood out how much Nepgear cared for Vert i wonder if we get more Nepgear Vert moments in the future like that.
The boob joke is a reference to the second game when Nepgear first noticed that, when Uni transforms, her breasts actually shrink. She's the only character in the series whose breast size shrinks. Everybody else's either gets bigger (Neptune) or stays the same (Lowee family).

They can possibly be referencing the third game when Nepgear and Vert were really close to each other.
Aug 11, 2013 2:17 AM

Jan 2013
Damn, whats up with you bitches rating this so highly.
Aug 11, 2013 8:45 AM

Jul 2010
They all managed to transform. All's well that ends well.

Aug 11, 2013 8:53 AM

May 2012
good episode, new character looks annoying as hell though.
Aug 11, 2013 9:07 AM

Dec 2011
Transformation galore! Aww. Uni didn't get a transforming scene. >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2013 9:55 AM
May 2012
could not have been a more generic battle, almost fell asleep cuz obvious plot is obvious , ... hopefully more focus on moe next time
Aug 11, 2013 12:11 PM

May 2012
Smashking said:
Aversa said:
The only bad part of this episode was the boob joke at the end other then that everything was nice.

It stood out how much Nepgear cared for Vert i wonder if we get more Nepgear Vert moments in the future like that.
The boob joke is a reference to the second game when Nepgear first noticed that, when Uni transforms, her breasts actually shrink. She's the only character in the series whose breast size shrinks. Everybody else's either gets bigger (Neptune) or stays the same (Lowee family).

They can possibly be referencing the third game when Nepgear and Vert were really close to each other.

Nepgear's the sort who sees someone in trouble, and must help them. Vert was sad because she had no one to welcome her back, like the other 3. This could have been fixed if they just had added in Chika already >_< I really hope she shows up soon enough...

RediceRyan said:

Most of the people who won't like it already gave up. Mostly what's left now would be fans of the games, and of course fans of the show. If you're a fan of the games, then there'd be quite a high chance you would be enjoying yourself a lot.
Aug 11, 2013 12:28 PM
Jan 2013
vampko said:
Smashking said:
Aversa said:

Nepgear's the sort who sees someone in trouble, and must help them. Vert was sad because she had no one to welcome her back, like the other 3. This could have been fixed if they just had added in Chika already >_< I really hope she shows up soon enough...

RediceRyan said:

Most of the people who won't like it already gave up. Mostly what's left now would be fans of the games, and of course fans of the show. If you're a fan of the games, then there'd be quite a high chance you would be enjoying yourself a lot.

This, I have to agree with Vampko here. This is very much true, while I do try to to lure some people new to the series into watching the anime, it sure still doesn't change the fact that most viewers are the ones that played the games. But, this is just such a huge mistake that the producers made. They should have made it more friendlier towards people that are new to the series.

Sadly, they didn't do that.
Aug 11, 2013 1:45 PM

Jun 2013
Nepgear is soooooo cute. She just became one of my favorites <3
Vert with that Kinect at the end lol
Aug 11, 2013 2:11 PM

Aug 2012
I'm still waiting for Neptune to turn in to an air plane and shoot missiles........ or at least summon some 32 bit blades....
Aug 11, 2013 4:58 PM

Jan 2008
Arfoire's ability to copy...? Um... ok. was that in the 1st game cause I didn't care about the 1st game and I sure as heck don't remember anything like that in the 2nd or 3rd.

Neptunes ultimate attack is Cross Combo...? That's like her weakest move... Might have just been Commie subs.

Pft at Uni's transformation. Forgot the barely any skin one was her 2nd form.

Poor Vert, no imoutos for you. Has to share Nepgear.

Omfg fanboy mode at the end though. Peashy made an appearance and already knows IF and Compa, meaning

Overall, the people working on this show really know how to please the game fans.
Aug 12, 2013 6:07 AM
Dec 2012
vampko said:

Even though I didn't play the game, I still LOVE this show because of the Pure Moe-ness~ xD
GBSHITMALANDGNAug 12, 2013 6:11 AM
Aug 12, 2013 7:41 AM

May 2011
Wow, my mind was blown. I was definitely not expecting this when I started watching Neptune - I thought it would be an average at best adaptation of a parody game I didn’t even know. I couldn’t be more wrong.

This was so damn epic! I am loving this anime more with each new episode. Oh man that OST this ep, that was pure awesomeness. The transformations were great too - and Nepgear was just pure badass.

This anime, as well as a couple of guys on this forum (thanks!) finally convinced me to get Neptunia mk2. I’m about 10 hours in so far, and I am loving it! I was really surprised by how fun it is, mainly because my last experience with Compile Heart/IF game wasn’t too good. Got Agarest 2 and Zero and wasn’t really impressed with either, sadly-- but I am liking Neptunia mk2 a lot, so far. So much that I’m already farily sure I’ll get Victory. Again, thanks guys for recommending the second game as the starting point, I am really liking it - and this anime just as much.

From what I’ve seen so far of mk2 and from what I know of the first Neptunia, this story is original to the anime, right? I really like how they’re handling this. As for that new character who appeared at the end, I’m fairly sure I’ve seen her sprite in Lowee already. Had no idea she was going to be an important char. O:
Aug 12, 2013 7:45 AM

Sep 2012
LOL Magiquone really acts like real life Magicon by COPYING stuff !! LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 12, 2013 9:31 AM

Apr 2011
vampko said:

I never played the game either, but I stumbled on Neptunia on some walkthrough videos on youtube. Since I don't have a PS3, I continue to watch them and so far I started to love the series. I'm glad there's an anime version to enjoy more fun moments.
Aug 12, 2013 3:25 PM

May 2011
Oh phew for a moment there I was actually worried about what had happened to those four. So glad to see everyone coming out of this alright and that the rest of the imoutos were able to transform and help. And awww the scene with them all embracing each other was so nice to watch.

God I love the jokes at the end of every episode.
Aug 12, 2013 6:58 PM

May 2012
symbv said:

XD I never thought of it that way
Magito said:
vampko said:

I never played the game either, but I stumbled on Neptunia on some walkthrough videos on youtube. Since I don't have a PS3, I continue to watch them and so far I started to love the series. I'm glad there's an anime version to enjoy more fun moments.

Yeah, there's most certainly the potential to enjoy this without having enjoyed the games, I'm just saying it's definitely geared towards those who like the game series.

ZeroZx said:
Oh phew for a moment there I was actually worried about what had happened to those four. So glad to see everyone coming out of this alright and that the rest of the imoutos were able to transform and help. And awww the scene with them all embracing each other was so nice to watch.

God I love the jokes at the end of every episode.

Those joke previews have been hilarious so far! I really like that they chose to do that instead of doing proper PVs.
Aug 12, 2013 9:49 PM

Jun 2013
Least favorite episode of the anime for me, so far. The melodrama got to be way too much and I think it would have been appropriate if the younger sisters won the fight before the older sisters vanished, unless there's some game tie-in that I'm not aware of. Wasn't enough to write off all of other other moments in the anime that I loved, though.

This is coming from somebody who's never played the games before, or looked into them much before I started watching the anime.
Aug 12, 2013 11:34 PM

Sep 2012
nice episode...

all the sisters has transformed...

i love the CPU mode of Uni...i hope next episode she will have a transformation scenes...

Peashy appears....
there's a possibility that Plutia will gonna appear in this anime too...
woohooo!!...so excited...

xD
Aug 13, 2013 5:47 AM

Jan 2008
Vokoca said:
From what I’ve seen so far of mk2 and from what I know of the first Neptunia, this story is original to the anime, right? I really like how they’re handling this. As for that new character who appeared at the end, I’m fairly sure I’ve seen her sprite in Lowee already. Had no idea she was going to be an important char. O:

Not really. Everything that has happened has occurred in a similar way in the games. I guess you can say the anime is a mixed compilation of all 3, well at least 2 of them actually.
Aug 13, 2013 10:56 AM

May 2010
Nice the Candidate all transformed and kick that old hag butt !!
Aug 14, 2013 5:54 AM

Mar 2013
Now THIS was a good episode for a change. I hope it stays like this. The scene after the ending was pretty funny too.
Aug 15, 2013 6:21 AM

May 2011
Paul said:
Vokoca said:

Not really. Everything that has happened has occurred in a similar way in the games. I guess you can say the anime is a mixed compilation of all 3, well at least 2 of them actually.

Yeah, now that I am (probably) nearing the end of mk2, I can definitely see the similarities. I like how everything was more or less different, though, while keeping some of the major points one way or the other.

Assuming they’ve finished the mk2 arc now, do you think it’s safe to continue watching the anime if I want to avoid getting spoiled on Victory? I didn’t feel spoiled in mk2, as that really wasn’t about plot twists or anything, though I have no idea what to expect from Victory.
Aug 16, 2013 5:53 AM
Jul 2018
WoW WoW WoW!
Great episode I enjoyed it, I had some tears during the episode.
Aug 16, 2013 4:11 PM

Jul 2012
So, Magiquone is defeated. Good ep, but as an antagonistic virus (guessing that's what she is) she just doesn't stack up to either Megabyte or Hexadecimal :)
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Aug 17, 2013 12:30 PM

Jul 2013
I really don't know why I keep watching this. Oh well, at least the little girl at the end sparked my curiosity.
Aug 18, 2013 4:09 PM

Aug 2011
Great ep, I'm liking it more each week. Beautiful sunrise imagery during the reunion at the end.
Aug 22, 2013 1:04 PM

Sep 2012
Loving the anime. Other episodes were great also. Didn't comment on each one though.
Aug 25, 2013 8:37 AM

Oct 2012
Great episode i liked Rom & Ram transformation also Uni ^^. It's nice how Nepgear have the hell of a determination and that ending, quite love it .
Aug 26, 2013 7:42 AM

Jun 2011
The transformation came off as a cheap power up, if they can all do it, but what I liked was they didn't start pwning the enemy after transforming, and Uni's transformation! I think I like her best among the girls, and she became as flat as board after the transformation lol, being grouped together with those lolis, anddddd

another loli appeared at the end lol!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 12, 2013 5:54 AM

Dec 2012
This episode was surprisingly intense and the art especially stunning. The first couple of episodes made me wonder about this series, but it's decent so far.
Sep 19, 2013 6:29 AM

Jun 2013
wow, peashy already made her appearance??
the adaptation seemed to be much more interesting than i expected..
Sep 30, 2013 1:42 AM

May 2011
magiquone--> freedom gundam reference?
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Oct 15, 2013 1:40 PM

May 2012
Some epic development and an interesting new character in the end?
Oct 26, 2013 10:11 PM

Feb 2009
vampko said:
symbv said:

XD I never thought of it that way
Magito said:
vampko said:

Yeah, there's most certainly the potential to enjoy this without having enjoyed the games, I'm just saying it's definitely geared towards those who like the game series.

So far, the anime's missing the actual constant video game and trope references the game is throwing out in the dialogues. Some were in, like a lot in Retro Land, but Neptune seems to be less...witty, genre-savvy and fourth-wall-breaking. Well, as far as I am concerned, I am well entertained with the show, but I see how it's just not good and putting a huge barrier between itself and people who DO mind fanservice-relying works (normally this franchise would be way above that limit for me, if not for the humour and game industry adaptation). I never expected it to be any other way, to be honest. But I am amazed about the audiovisual quality.
Nov 4, 2013 4:14 PM

Nov 2012
As I feared. The little sisters saved the day, and made the goddesses seem not too omnipotent anymore. -___- This series is slowly decreasing in rank for me.
~The 1000th Summer~
Jan 4, 2014 8:57 AM

May 2013
Dem transformations.
Ram, Rom, and Uni finally transform! (^_^) Too bad Uni didn't have a transformation sequence.

With the Candidates losing to the witch, there is no hope. But then there's this light and togetherness feeling.
Then there's hope. And it ends well.
But Vert be like, "I has no sister! (T_T)" and Nepgear be like, "I'm here for you! (^_^)"

Witch and Mr. Mouse live. They'll be back, but for now, there's this new little girl.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 6, 2014 11:07 AM
May 2012
The sound effects when Ram and Rom was transforming made me laugh ahahaha.

Well, I am happy for the little sisters ^_^

Compa is so adorable desu :3

Everyone is happy and that's a good thing. The ending was nice too and we have a new character :D

That's it, time to sleep.
Jan 27, 2014 9:19 PM

Sep 2011
Sort of felt like a last episode!
May 5, 2014 1:46 AM

Jan 2008
Awesome transformations glad that I can finally get to finish this had so many others to watch so kept skipping it so far it is a good series alittle difficult to follow once in a while but its all good
Jul 29, 2014 1:20 PM
May 2013
It looked like a cliche to me , but I don't even care . I love it !
It's been a while since I've seen a anime like this .
Nepgear with Vert at the ending :3
Aug 14, 2014 2:56 PM

Jun 2014
Good job little sisters!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2013

98 by EmperorThor »»
Jul 15, 2023 1:34 AM

Poll: » Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

game8910 - Jul 26, 2013

111 by EmperorThor »»
Jul 13, 2023 6:54 AM

Poll: » Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2013

138 by EmperorThor »»
Jul 10, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

76 by TRAhmet23 »»
Aug 29, 2022 12:50 PM

Poll: » Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

99 by LadyLeeMing »»
Feb 22, 2022 4:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.