Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 8, 2013 3:55 PM

Jul 2013
The anime series which I'm expecting to be held in regards here is Fate Zero, although, firstly I have a few qualms with the series I wish to address so your recommendations might be the epitome for what I'm looking for.

*SPOILER WARNING FOR FATE ZERO*
if you haven't seen the series and plan to, don't read any further. I don't know how to equip that spoiler button sooo....

The ending pissed me off to no end. I'll start by saying that. It made absolutely no sense to me, nope not one bit. Rather, the last two episodes in sequence pissed me off. If you care to explain what was going on, please do. Maybe my mind isn't fit to interpret such a grand series, but please spare me. I loved the series up until those two episodes. And during the last episode, I was thinking to myself, once Emiya reunites with his daughter, that might be able to make up for this atrocious writing. And what do you know, as soon as I think that, the narration says he never sees her again. Are you kidding me!?

Please recommend a series whose ending I'll actually like and understand. This ending was just plain gibberish with no higher meaning hidden within it.
Mobius_TripAug 8, 2013 4:00 PM
Banishment, this world!
Aug 8, 2013 4:00 PM

Jun 2010
Hajime no Ippo
Aug 8, 2013 4:02 PM
Aug 8, 2013 4:09 PM

Feb 2013
hellsing ultaimte has for me also rly rly good fights
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Aug 8, 2013 4:40 PM
Jan 2013
It's been a while since I read the Fate/Stay Night VN and the F/Z LN, but I'll give it a go. You've got to remember this was a prequel.

Aug 8, 2013 4:50 PM

Jul 2013
tuiddlestix said:
It's been a while since I read the Fate/Stay Night VN and the F/Z LN, but I'll give it a go. You've got to remember this was a prequel.

should i watch fate/stay night? I didn't know of its existence until a few moments ago when i wanted to know more about Ilya and was bombarded by all these texts that seemed to make no sense to me. Urghhhh now I don't even know if i want to watch Fate/stay night. I'm content with Fate/zero and wouldn't wanna tarnish my view of it with this other series
Banishment, this world!
Aug 8, 2013 4:54 PM
Jan 2013
"Should I watch Fate/Stay Night?"

I'd say no. It's quality it's much lower compared to F/Z. If you really want to watch something rather than read, there's a new season coming out soon and it's highly rumoured to be one of the routes from F/S N. Considering the production values on F/Z, I'd guess this new season will be just as high quality.
You'd probably do better to wait for that.
Aug 8, 2013 5:27 PM
Oct 2010
In addition to Tuiddlestix's explanation, IIRC

Also if you want a show with really nice action scenes check out tengen toppa, it's on your PTW already. Since you like DBZ you will love that.
Aug 8, 2013 5:28 PM

Oct 2012
Mobius_Trip said:
tuiddlestix said:

should i watch fate/stay night? I didn't know of its existence until a few moments ago when i wanted to know more about Ilya and was bombarded by all these texts that seemed to make no sense to me. Urghhhh now I don't even know if i want to watch Fate/stay night. I'm content with Fate/zero and wouldn't wanna tarnish my view of it with this other series

i say just go for it, i enjoyed F/S N when it first came out

although just keep in mind its much slower pace and focus's more on story

as for anime reccomendations, here are some action series with great action scenes:

Guilty Crown
Shingeki no Kyojin
Sword Art Online
Aug 9, 2013 6:58 AM

Mar 2011
Yozakura Quartet has some pretty nice action scenes. Here take a look:

watch at the 0:21 mark, and you'll see some pretty epic action scenes

Also try Gungrave. Has one of the best gunfights in anime.
selrahc_vAug 9, 2013 7:03 AM
Aug 9, 2013 7:45 AM

Jan 2011
the anime that has the most amazing action scenes is Sword of the Stranger
Lost Canvas Meiou Shinwa is similar to Fate Zero, it has detailed animation, impressive fights an it has arrogant enemies just like in FZ, you may not like the ending though
Aug 9, 2013 8:00 AM

Apr 2013
The whole 2nd season of F/Z was gibberish, not only the end. Even the action was poor. Can you remember Berserk's aggressive style in 1st season? Or how Lancer fought? Damn! There were some epic battles. Oh, and, I'm not an action addict. To most 2nd season is more action-oriented anyway... it's just, not always more means better.
Open to chat about any storytelling related subject as long as it's clever and respectful.
Myanimelist
Aug 9, 2013 8:06 AM

Nov 2012
Kara no Kyoukai
Darker than Black
Hellsing Ultimate
Aug 9, 2013 8:20 AM

Apr 2011
Sword of the Stranger has some visually impressive swordfights. Maybe also Seirei no Moribito, if you're fine with some fantasy. Both of the endings of these two anime make sense.
Aug 9, 2013 10:09 AM

Apr 2009
Hellsing Ultimate
Black Lagoon 1, 2 & 3
Aug 9, 2013 10:35 AM
Jan 2013
Darker Than Black - Lots of good action sequences, but the ending might be a little confusing.

Bleach - the fight sequences get better (along with animation) closer to the end, but there are still some good ones during early episodes.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - YES. Some of the best and most breathtaking fights in this anime.

Cowboy Bebop - The fights aren't exactly 'breathtaking' but they are still really well executed. I haven't finished it, but I heard the ending was a very nice one.

Shingeki no Kyojin - Vwery gud fight sequencesss

Sword of๏ปฟ the Stranger - Best hand to hand/ Katana fight scenes I've seen. No superpowers or anything, just skill and blades (I think)

Samurai Champloo - Awesome fight scenes, and it takes place during the Edo period with hiphop stuff incorporated.
Aug 9, 2013 10:49 AM

Mar 2013
Sword of the Stranger - The fight scenes really are incredible, haven't seen anything else that comes close.

Macross Frontier - Valkyries and missile spam...that shit is sexy.
Aug 9, 2013 11:46 AM

Aug 2013
In regards to the ending of Fate Zero... keep in mind its a PREQUEL. It's supposed to tie into Fate Stay Night. Sure, it may seem anti climatic, but when you look at it in another perspective, it's not too bad.
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews
Aug 9, 2013 9:42 PM

Jul 2013
Thanks guys :]
Banishment, this world!
Aug 10, 2013 3:45 PM

Dec 2012
Tekkaman Blade
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
GaoGaiGar
Dai-Guard
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
S-Cry-Ed Voltron

More topics from this board

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - 12 hours ago

6 by Skuletor »»
3 hours ago

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

9 by r3v3l3v3l »»
7 hours ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Today

8 by r3v3l3v3l »»
10 hours ago

» ใ€Œ ๐œ—โ„˜ ๐š๐ง๐ข๐ฆ๐ž/๐ฆ๐š๐ง๐ ๐š ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ ๐ ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐œ—โ„˜ ใ€(โ€โ› ึŠ โ›โ€ž)โ™ก

RabbitS- - Apr 10

18 by Reina__ »»
Today, 7:17 AM

» Grim series for tonight

LoveYourEyes - Apr 1

14 by LoveYourEyes »»
Today, 6:39 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.