Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 6 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Aug 9, 2013 6:48 PM
May 2011
Celes may have killed Ishimaru but There is no way Celes murdered Yamada,He was attacked when she was on screen, can't be in 2 places at once. Yasuhiro is definitely involved but i am not sure to what extent
Aug 9, 2013 7:11 PM

Jan 2011
Man Celes is mad suspect,right now just wanna know whoever the killer was how the hell were they able to carry that big fella since it didn't look like either of them were dragged (didn't see and blood trails)
Aug 9, 2013 8:13 PM

Jun 2011
Togami is the best in this anime.
Celes, Kirigiri and the guy with the tree hair are the suspects..
5/5
Aug 9, 2013 8:19 PM

Mar 2013
and more over the commen about the dead bodies was hit in their heads and the have wanted to use alter ego really badly

AND BOTH OF THE BODIES CAN NOT be carried that easily O.O
either dragged :o

anyway why was Ishimaru in physic lab o.o??

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHO IS THE MURDER T^T
don't tell me who xD
Aug 9, 2013 8:23 PM

Mar 2013
hybrid100 said:
Celes may have killed Ishimaru but There is no way Celes murdered Yamada,He was attacked when she was on screen, can't be in 2 places at once. Yasuhiro is definitely involved but i am not sure to what extent

but she was with asahina when Ishimaru was killed !?
Aug 9, 2013 8:36 PM

Sep 2012
I wish this was a 24 episode season so they could spend more time in the investigation stage and in the trial stage.
Aug 9, 2013 9:12 PM

Jan 2010
One of the best animes of the year, no doubt, and for me, one of the best of all time. I'll buy a PSP just to play, seriously, the subject held me too, the episode may have been gone too but left a climate of Umineko No Naku Koro Ni, hit a tremendous nostalgia! Now I want to see things getting serious, but I've created a theory kinda stupid here, if you're right ... will be the best anime of the last decades. Soundtrack fuck, and once again I laughed too with the phrase "A body was found."
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Aug 9, 2013 9:36 PM

Jun 2011
Again, rushed and this anime's skipping crucial hints and evidences from the game.

The worst of all:
Aug 9, 2013 9:57 PM

Apr 2013
Togami: Search!

My favourite character so far.
Aug 9, 2013 10:00 PM

Jan 2013
Alright episode.
There's no reason for this to be 610MB though.
This shit could be compressed to 200Mb easily. There's very little animation
Aug 9, 2013 10:02 PM

Apr 2013
RediceRyan said:
Alright episode.
There's no reason for this to be 610MB though.
This shit could be compressed to 200Mb easily. There's very little animation

You can blame the ED song part where the bit rate skyrockets so fast before you can say "F***."
Aug 9, 2013 10:08 PM

Jun 2013
Aw, why did Ishimaru have to go after he turned super saiyan? I was hoping that he'd get more screen time in that form.
Aug 9, 2013 10:14 PM

Jul 2012
Coldness said:

Wonderful taste.

Ehh.. rushed, and kinda more obvious then it was in the VN. Oh well. ISHIMARU ;________;
Aug 9, 2013 10:15 PM

Feb 2010
OnePieceQ8 said:
Togami is the best in this anime.
Celes, Kirigiri and the guy with the tree hair are the suspects..
5/5

Hmm...never thought of that way to describe Yasuhiro. That's an interesting way to put it...xD
Aug 9, 2013 10:30 PM

Jun 2011
ihateeveryone said:
Coldness said:

Wonderful taste.

Ehh.. rushed, and kinda more obvious then it was in the VN. Oh well. ISHIMARU ;________;

He was too good for this sinful earth.... ;_;7
Aug 9, 2013 10:37 PM

Jul 2013
Genocider Sho is creepy O.o.
Don't want to sound like a mean person, but finally two most annoying characters were killed. :/
Aug 9, 2013 10:53 PM

Sep 2008
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
this is probably the most rushed episode in the show, and aside from maybe the final episode this will be the most rushed one.

and there goes my favorite character, even in the game ishamaru died too early if you ask me. We only get about a hour of ishida's epicness

ah no they can't possibly do that with the last episode. I will be so disappointed if they do! I mean there will be a lot to cover but damn they have to find a way to make it awesome.

I remember spending the whole day away from my computer after reading this update. Ishimaru is my ultimate favorite so It's still very difficult seeing his body there ;~; I felt the same about him leaving too soon. These writers ugh, you did not just introduce me to this amazing Ishiada character just so he could die 5 minutes later, what is wrong with you.

You know, there was one thing that bothered me a bit about this episode and it has to do with the picture.

Despite all the quickness and hectic atmosphere of this episode, i totally enjoyed watching glowing Ishida in action. What a gift. Animated Alter Ego is the cutest thing too. Also Syo is shining forever, she just makes everything better.
Aug 9, 2013 11:23 PM

Sep 2012
The way Genosider just jumps out from behind things XD She's easily my second favorite character
Aug 10, 2013 12:26 AM
Aug 2013
hey i played dangan ronpa and am currently watching the series but does anyone know if they have super dangan ronpa 2 the game in English subtitles because i have been looking everywhere for it
Aug 10, 2013 1:50 AM

Nov 2011
So rushed :(

And Kiyotaka just had to die to :( really didn't want him to die of all people in this show.
Aug 10, 2013 3:56 AM
Feb 2013
littlesarge said:
hey i played dangan ronpa and am currently watching the series but does anyone know if they have super dangan ronpa 2 the game in English subtitles because i have been looking everywhere for it

DR2 hasn't been translated but there are plans for an official worldwide release for the PS Vita next year.
Aug 10, 2013 4:20 AM
Jan 2012
badgerkins said:
littlesarge said:

DR2 hasn't been translated but there are plans for an official worldwide release for the PS Vita next year.

Additionally, the same group that made the fan translation patch of the first Danganronpa (called Project Zetsubou) will be working on Super Danganronpa 2. Some information can be found here: http://danganronpa.wordpress.com/. So far, it looks like they haven't started working on the translation yet, since they appear to be in the process of translating Danganronpa/Zero.

While the Japanese PS Vita port will contain both Danganronpa and Super Danganronpa 2, the English PS Vita release will only be the first Danganronpa. The best way to encourage the American companies to release an official copy of Super Danganronpa 2 is to buy the first one.
Aug 10, 2013 5:03 AM

Mar 2010
I'm going to put this in spoilers just in case I'm somewhat right (I've never played the VN so im purely guessing)

Aug 10, 2013 5:12 AM

Feb 2011
Learning from the previous cases, you have to watch really closely and find every clue possible and study that carefully. This anime is adapted from a game with insane difficulty (or at least that's what I've heard) so the makers of the game would probably want to trick you and make you think it's another person who killed the victim(s) (just like in the other cases). Working against that will get you somewhere.

The makers make you suspect Hagakure more than anyone else. So I'll try taking a different route as a start.

So when monokuma offered them 10 billion yen... Hagakure was the only one who reacted to it. That's something Fukuwa also noticed. Right after that, Celes said "Lust for the outside world. As long as you embrace that desire, the mastermind will use it against you. I think that's exactly what Celes did. Celes is a Super High School Level Gambler. Of course she would be interested in the money.

Yes, Celes was among the victims which makes her less suspicious but she was the only one who wasn't killed. Also, she 'helped' finding the first corpse, Ishimaru. Yes, the first corpse announce was for Ishimaru's. The corpse announce was when both bodies were found at the same time by 3 people. The screen was at the Infirmary which makes you automatically think the announce was for Yamada. But later on we discover that Yamada wasn't dead which doesn't make him a corpse yet. At the end of the episode, he dies in front of almost everyone which triggers the announce but who knows when Ishimaru died? If Celes killed him right before she called for everybody else Ishimaru would've at least screamed or something (just like Yamada when he got hit by the hammer for the seecond time).

I'm pretty sure Celes didn't do this on her own. It is actually impossible to do this on your own. You can't expect any of the students to help her since helping someone graduating won't get you anywhere well, it does get you killed but okay, no. Which makes my suspicion go to the missing Fujisaki Alter Ego. If Celes got Alter Ego to operate the robot to kill Yamada and killed Ishimaru beforehand everything would make sense to me.

One more thing, Yamada said 'Yasuhiro' just before he died. That's Hagakure's name. Hagakure Yasuhiro. But before that Yamada said he remembered something. He said that everyone has already met each other before they came to this 'school'. If that's true then the picture Alter Ego found would make sense too. Maybe Yamada was close friends with Hagakure and was trying to warn him or tell him to be careful (since he is completely under suspicion by everyone). (Note that close friends in Japan don't really call each other by their surnames)

One thing that still bothers me a bit: why is Yamada holding Celes's camera in the ED?
Junior12AAug 10, 2013 5:16 AM
Aug 10, 2013 5:29 AM

Jan 2012
That was quite a rushed episode, but it still was a good watch; getting two deaths and all :O
Might rewatch this episode later for a better guess of whom killed the two, but so far
Aug 10, 2013 5:36 AM
Jan 2012
Junior12A said:
Learning from the previous cases, you have to watch really closely and find every clue possible and study that carefully. This anime is adapted from a game with insane difficulty (or at least that's what I've heard) so the makers of the game would probably want to trick you and make you think it's another person who killed the victim(s) (just like in the other cases).

The critics' consensus seems to be that Danganronpa isn't a hard game, and I agree. I wouldn't call it "easy", however. It depends on what context those opinions were in, too. The gameplay of Danganronpa isn't usually considered to be too difficult, as well. Most people had solved (or at least, knew of the truth but couldn't work out the details) of at least one or two of the bigger plot twists early on. I have come across gripes about the M.T.B. (Machine gun Talk Battle) parts, but that could be attributed to the player's lack of a sense of rhythm.

Junior12A said:
One thing that still bothers me a bit: why is Yamada holding Celes's camera in the ED?

Possibly because it's a reference of one or both of these things (I wouldn't consider these spoilers at all, but I've marked them just in case. It's unlikely that the anime will focus on both (maybe just one of the two) things I'm going to speculate):
Aug 10, 2013 6:33 AM

Feb 2012
Damn. SHIT justv got REALLLLL fast this time.

Can SOMEONE SPOIL me now? Lol. I'm freakin' curious as to why Kirigiri wasn't present in the part where they investigated. Is she that desperate enough to get out of that silly academy? WHY? WHY? My impression for my favorite charcter and ship "Naegiri" is kinda flopped. Dunno What to say Really.

So Many Questions up on my sleeve but I don't have enough time to put all of those here.

Haha Kidding on that spoil part. Can someone at least give me a hint if it's not Kirigiri? Please. Tbh, I only cared for her character and Celes. Screw all other Shit.
Aug 10, 2013 6:38 AM

Mar 2012
@pizza_012

You'll find our what she was doing after the trial, though.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Aug 10, 2013 6:39 AM

Aug 2013
pizza_012 said:
Damn. SHIT justv got REALLLLL fast this time.

Can SOMEONE SPOIL me now? Lol. I'm freakin' curious as to why Kirigiri wasn't present in the part where they investigated. Is she that desperate enough to get out of that silly academy? WHY? WHY? My impression for my favorite charcter and ship "Naegiri" is kinda flopped. Dunno What to say Really.

So Many Questions up on my sleeve but I don't have enough time to put all of those here.

Haha Kidding on that spoil part. Can someone at least give me a hint if it's not Kirigiri? Please. Tbh, I only cared for her character and Celes. Screw all other Shit.

I'll answer that with a question, does this calm and collected character with a lot of mysteries still around her seem to be the type of person that will kill someone just to get executed* before endgame even starts?
Aug 10, 2013 6:42 AM

Feb 2012
CreationBreaker said:
@pizza_012

You'll find our what she was doing after the trial, though.

Whew. That was a relief. FAITH IN KIRIGIRI RESTORED. Thanks Mate. And Now I shall take my leave. I don't want to engage in a spoilerific discussion, the trigger might come undone, haha y'know. This thread is so awesome that i'm scared enough to visit 'cause of dem pretty spoilers hehehe
Aug 10, 2013 6:46 AM

Feb 2012
AngelicHowl said:
I'll answer that with a question, does this calm and collected character with a lot of mysteries still around her seem to be the type of person that will kill someone just to get executed* before endgame even starts?

I'm so dead tired right now. Any processing of the mind will unlikely 'cause something noteworthy to my health condition. So I will pass.
Aug 10, 2013 9:47 AM

Dec 2012
yes! we finally have the normal op back!

damn. asahina looks so damn fine when she doesn't have her weird ponytail *u*
(spoiler just for two gifs)
celes seems really, really suspcious. i actually never thought she would turn into a murderer, but who knows... her behaviour was really strange. i wouldn't expect her to get scared so easily.

whoa. two dead people? i know that they have to put a lot into a short time, but whoa.
i was pretty sure that yamada would die. he had too much screen time during that episode. and that always seems to be the hint :D
i'm not sad about ishimaru or yamata. i felt sorry for ishimaru because he was so sad when oowada died, but besides that i didn't have any feelings for either of them.
but the robot thing is bothering me ôo i hope the explanation won't be too weird...

Jonny_Mhl said:
Why does Monokuma says ''A body as been found'' when there's 2 bodies? Also why not ''another body as been found''? Sounds like one of those 2 isn't dead after all and if it's true then i would highly question thier actions when one of them wake up.
i had the same thought. i'm not sure if it was a mistranslation or if monokuma really meant "a body".
Aug 10, 2013 9:49 AM

Mar 2013
oh notice something O.O

U CAN SEE THE HAMMERS IN ONE OF THE ROOMS OF ART I GUESS
ANYWAY IT'S IN THE BEGINNG OF THE EP DX i cant post the pic
the same sizes too

but it's not blue
Aug 10, 2013 10:12 AM
Jan 2012
pizza_012 said:

CreationBreaker said:
@pizza_012

pizza_012 said:

I hope that not too many people read your conversation, since it would count as a spoiler. Not that I have any authority in telling you guys what to do, but no matter how obvious it may seem that somebody is/isn't a murderer, you should be more careful. I'm pretty sure saying stuff like this in the context of your non-spoiler-tagged conversation:

Could reasonably be construed as one. Not trying to start a war- just trying to kindly remind the people here that want to be spoiled to be more careful.
Aug 10, 2013 10:32 AM
Feb 2013
R.I.P for Ishimaru and Yamada.

The new op is cool, but I hate Mono bear doing the dance.

Looks like someone getting greedy with the money that Monobear presented, I wonder how will Taeko spend it after she meets the grim reaper? That is if she gets out alive.
Aug 10, 2013 10:37 AM
Jan 2012
RazorRamona200 said:
R.I.P for Ishimaru and Yamada.

The new op is cool, but I hate Mono bear doing the dance.

Looks like someone getting greedy with the money that Monobear presented, I wonder how will Taeko spend it after she meets the grim reaper? That is if she gets out alive.

Agree with the R.I.P. Ishimaru and Yamada part, Monokuma is a wicked traditional Japanese dancer, and what's the point of being such a shit-stirrer?
Aug 10, 2013 11:30 AM

Apr 2010
Sourire said:
this anime is so rushed.. for the ones who didn't play the game its really random.

It's really rushed, I'm glad I've played the game (still playing it, but I'm in the next chapter), too bad they don't describe characters personalities. There are really funny scenes with Yamada and Fukawa, but the anime cuts a lot from daily life.
The third trial was longer than 2 hours.
Aug 10, 2013 11:41 AM

Jun 2008
I really am loving the anime, didn't think i'd like it at first so much
but i look forward to it each episode *////*

Aug 10, 2013 12:19 PM
Jan 2012
kratos_aurion said:
Sourire said:
this anime is so rushed.. for the ones who didn't play the game its really random.

It's really rushed, I'm glad I've played the game (still playing it, but I'm in the next chapter), too bad they don't describe characters personalities. There are really funny scenes with Yamada and Fukawa, but the anime cuts a lot from daily life.
The third trial was longer than 2 hours.

Very true. If only they had time/bothered to include even some of the character interactions... I think it would make some characters a lot more interesting than the anime currently present them. Characters like Togami could possibly benefit from it, plus it adds an interesting perspective on Junko.

I know the anime viewers here don't like people saying "play the game", but us "Played-the-Game" people aren't constantly mentioning it for nothing. You get to learn so much more about each character- yes, even the ones who got taken out earlier on. The dark-humored irony of the executions become far more apparent. The situation they're in hits you harder, as you get hints towards why some characters are the way they are, as well as learning of their dreams and goals. To be fair, though, Ishimaru and Fujisaki seemed to have garnered sympathy without much effort.

The deaths aren't nearly as hard-hitting since you hardly get to know anybody in the anime so far.
Aug 10, 2013 1:06 PM

Jul 2010
So they changed it from Naegi finding the photo on the ground to Alter Ego finding it on the hard drive. The fact that Monobear tried to hide it doesn't really translate here, but oh well.

Overall the episode was pretty good. Next one will be very fast paced though.

Aug 10, 2013 1:20 PM

Oct 2012
Can someone tell me if the person who stole Alter Ego and committed the murders are the same? (Don't tell me who it is of course).

A lot of people are suspecting Celes (my favorite char. in the game) but, no matter how I look at it, unless she hid the camera and put it on time in order to take a picture of robo dude capture Yamada, I don't think she could've done it.. Plus, there's also the fact of HOW she even carried Yamada away and how big that robo suit was. Suspicious people are suspicious, but this logic just don't seem to be real to me.

I even considered Togami as a suspect since he was on the same floor where Yamada was hit. I think the only one who LOOKS capable of carrying Yamada and Ishimaru would be Oogami (High School Fighter). She sure doesn't look suspicious, but people are capable of putting on good acts...

Aug 10, 2013 1:25 PM

Sep 2012
There's like half of the investigation missing, they'll have to shove it in the next episode along with the trial. It's gonna be as rushed as possible.
Aug 10, 2013 1:29 PM
Jan 2012
Takei_Hisa said:
Can someone tell me if the person who stole Alter Ego and committed the murders are the same? (Don't tell me who it is of course).

Aug 10, 2013 3:13 PM

Apr 2013
Omoshiroi discussions......I wonder when , which episode , will let the hell loose . That's the most exciting part of the anime......atleast for me.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 10, 2013 3:24 PM

Jul 2013
Ishimaru going super saiyan, lol. XD Tons of development here, quite an exciting episode. I'd try and look into things more but I'd probably end up wrong anyways. >_< I'll wait for next week!
Aug 10, 2013 3:31 PM

Jun 2013
Jesus this series has been rushed.
Aug 10, 2013 4:00 PM

Jan 2013
Okay, I cheated and looked this one up. I was half right. My thoughts were

Good enough, since I was completely wrong on the second one.
Aug 10, 2013 4:18 PM

May 2011
I wonder why they had Alter Ego show the picture when the game had Naegi discover the picture for himself on the ground, only to have it confiscated by Monokuma. These subtle differences make me wonder. I don't know how people can follow what's happening when everything is going so swiftly. Every few seconds there's a change in focus on a different area or character.

Also, glad this scene got animated (images in the spoiler, but no spoilers):

I was hoping they'll animate the bath scene too, but I don't remember if they passed it already.
LEGOFAug 10, 2013 4:21 PM
Aug 10, 2013 4:47 PM

Aug 2011
R.I.P Ishimaru (i loved you) and Yamada (you were funny I guess)

It felt kind of rushed like always. Well I guess if they keep going like this they'll at least invest more than one episode on the last trial.

Togami and Genocider Shou are still my favorites. I felt like we barely saw them this episode, but that's probably because everything was going really fast.
Aug 10, 2013 5:59 PM

Jun 2009

..... Can't seem to remember crap from the episode... Asahina fanservice distracted me...

Have to go back and re-watch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

434 by Jax »»
Feb 7, 5:07 AM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.