MyAnimeList.net

Manga Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

NHK ni Youkoso! Chapter 40 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Manga Discussion »» Series Discussion »» NHK ni Youkoso! »» NHK ni Youkoso! Chapter 40 Discussion

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
View Poll Results: NHK ni Youkoso! Chapter 40 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

28 39.44%
4 out of 5: Liked it

19 26.76%
3 out of 5: It was OK

12 16.90%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

9 12.68%
1 out of 5: Hated it

3 4.23%
Voters: 71

01-26-09, 12:37 AM

THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
well,i am not really impress by the ending, quite disappointed really. i was expecting more from it, like a happy ending not that crap ending :S, how can they be so dense. The story and the plot was very good but both the anime and the manga disappointed me with their relationship development and the ending 6/10 or 7/10
Modified by Kineta, 11-23-12, 7:43 AM

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

02-02-09, 10:38 AM

Well, I don't now if I read the last few chapters too fast, but I really didn't get the ending... Did he leave Misaki, went home and wrote ero-game scenarios and never saw her again?

If that is the case the ending sucked. If I'm wrong it might be ok :P

02-02-09, 12:41 PM

Lakitu said:
Well, I don't now if I read the last few chapters too fast, but I really didn't get the ending... Did he leave Misaki, went home and wrote ero-game scenarios and never saw her again?

If that is the case the ending sucked. If I'm wrong it might be ok :P

to my understanding, that is what happened, wacky isn't?

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

04-27-09, 3:36 PM

From what I understood was, he was separating from Misaki so that he could learn how to love her for real, and not just play along with the contract or not being as serious as he could be about it. That and maybe Misaki will mature and become slightly less dramatic (although that is her funny aspect)

I think secretly inside he might have still been slightly doubtful. Doesn't mean he doesn't care about her, but he wants to be more independent so he can feel it in all his being perhaps? From what I read last, I figured they might meet again at some point. She did say she would be waiting.

Since it was realistic, and it hinted and them being together again, I thought it was an interesting ending.

06-01-09, 7:09 AM

Well guys, don't make me laugh.
When there is a happy ending you call it like "I knew it would end up like this, I hate it", and when there is no happy ending you say it sucks and that you were expecting something like "and so they lived long and were always happy". Just wtf? Decide, which one do you prefer.
I like the ending, cause it is not stereotypical - it is something I didn't predict, but I must say that it confused me a bit.
What's more, I believe manga is better than the anime when it comes to drama and few other things. I loved Misaki from manga, she was much better than the one from anime. Furthermore, I'd say they are two different girls! And look at Nanako! The same! Completely different than the one in anime. Hmm.. what else... There are many dramatic scenes and they really moved me deeply,for example, check chapter 19 from page 22 to 31 <-- This is just too sad.
Especially one scene stayed long in my mind (I guess I will never forget it). It is chapter 26 page from 23 to 25 <-- this scene moved me so so deeply, that I became MEGA depressed. I have never been so sad in my life.

Will it sound funny if I say that I do not recommend you reading this manga, beacuse you will be sick of sadness? I guess it's the best thing I could advice you if you are happy right now.
Modified by Bonyfreeq, 06-01-09, 7:46 AM

Forgive my melancholy.

駄目人間

06-13-09, 11:48 AM

Lo hmm, I haven't seen the anime.

07-15-09, 4:02 AM

genius ending, but certainly not for everyone.

07-17-09, 4:58 AM

I was told the manga is much much darker than the anime, I had no idea it was this deep. >_> A lot of things that were said by Satou and Misaki, I can totally remember me thinking those things, which makes me sad. ;_;

Bonyfreeq sums it well for me, if you don't like feeling depressed maybe you shouldn't read it. The anime is much more comical and doesn't have that terribly haunting sadness to it (well not nearly as bad as the manga). However, I liked Misaki more in the anime. :P

08-20-09, 11:24 PM

I think the ending worked ok, but I would've preferred more concrete closure. I was really happy when it showed Satou in bed with Misaki, I'd been waiting for them to get into a serious relationship since early on so that was super rewarding. Then like a page later they've gone their own ways lol, that bummed me out, I know that it implied they'd try to get back together after they've become more independant but I still would've more closure.

09-04-09, 12:31 PM

I liked the ending now to start on episode 2 of the anime...for some reason I decided to start on episode 1 of the anime mid-way through the manga
(l_/)
('o')-------------------->a bunny

11-18-09, 2:44 PM

Absolutely stunned by this manga, I preferred the manga before the anime because of how things turned out differently. I liked the ending, and I agree with others that we
should have seen a more close relationship between Satou and Misaki in the end, overall a better ending than the anime. It would be nice if they could make a remake of the anime to be more like the manga, mostly because the anime lacks of those deep and scary moments.

02-03-10, 7:11 AM

Its not for everyone, i was really depressed reading it, so the ending is like "you decide" type of ending, but since I was in a depressed mood, the ending for me is, misaki will return to school, then meet with megumi's brother again as her teacher and Misaki finally falls for him and they end up both together. While Satou forgets about her.

It really corrupted my state of mind, and sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night and never fall asleep again till the morning thinking about it in a depressed mood. I vote "Dislike" not because its a bad manga, its actually good and addictive, the reason I read it till the end, but because its not for me, it left a bad taste on my mouth. I think I would never read this kind of manga anymore.

Im a GTO fan so you know what I like, I like happy and funny stuff, the only way i would read a depressing story is if it revolves around War.

I like the Misaki anime version though.

Misaki is like one of GTO's troubled students. Onizuka and Misaki should meet each other in class, it would be interesting. Im already laughing just thinking about it, Misaki would try to cure Onizuka's bakaness and virgin stuff and make him look stupid, until Onizuka got fed with her and teach her something about life like they would die together and something like that until she reach the breaking point hahaha! A perfect match.

08-02-10, 1:47 AM

Usually i would read the manga before watching the anime (and then lose interest in the anime) but i was glad that i finally get around to watch the anime and then curiosity pulled me to read the manga. I think that the manga was great, pulled me in until the end and of couse the ending to the manga is more "happy" then the anime and i really liked the ending. Though the mangaka didnt close the manga, it felt like it was a happier ending then the anime. I also liked how this series was very deep and is way darker, but the anime made everything more smooth. But wither way, the series, both manga and anime has become one of my most fav. and i plan to go through a second run when i have time.

08-22-10, 7:48 PM

I was really happy when it showed Satou in bed with Misaki, I'd been waiting for them to get into a serious relationship since early on so that was super rewarding.

I couldn't tell if that was a hallucination or the real thing. I had gotten so used to her cockteasing him that I doubt anything would have come of it but if so... well he just took a big step up from most otaku.

But overall I didn't care much for the end. It seemed to come out of nowhere, and it went way too fast. The last time we saw the senpai she got caught by her husband half naked with bondage gear playing cards with Satou... I had thought that would pretty much be the end of their marriage. Yet, at the last shot they were all happy go lucky. WTF? Where did that come from? What the fuck kind of super marriage counselor did they see to fix that shit? Same thing with the chairman. It was just so random to me. Then there was Satou and Misaki, which seemed that they would finally start taking things seriously... then he moves back, and he's pretty much back to square one. At least he and Yamazaki kept up their dream of making a VN even though he's slow as dirt.... I liked the anime/novel end more.

09-05-10, 1:16 PM

His senior is still married and the other hikikomori seems to be a chairman in the politics with his sister (filename is "Chairman bro and sis.jpg").

From my understanding the last page's computer background seems to show Misaki in a way that implies she is again keeping close contact with the two. She seems to be holding a diploma. I'm guessing Tatsuhiro eventually got on his feet and continued the game project(s) with Yamazaki along with the other freelance work. Misaki re-entered school. I am also guessing it was or is becoming a happy ending for Tatsuhiro and her.
Modified by Ajasta, 09-06-10, 4:52 AM

12-15-10, 6:19 AM

I like the manga. The ending seemed somewhat strange or out of place though. Overall, I really enjoyed reading this.

I like the manga. The ending seemed somewhat strange or out of place though. Overall, I really enjoyed reading this.

04-23-11, 3:41 AM

vaustvest said:
Its not for everyone, i was really depressed reading it, so the ending is like "you decide" type of ending, but since I was in a depressed mood, the ending for me is, misaki will return to school, then meet with megumi's brother again as her teacher and Misaki finally falls for him and they end up both together. While Satou forgets about her.

Try to read the last pages again, Misaki graduated from High School, at the last page there is a picture of all three together, Misaki holding that graduation certificate in her hand.

I just finished this Manga and I must say, I am impressed. The beginning of the series was a lot funnier, but it got more and more depressing somehow, reflection the real world I believe. Even if a lot of people don't like the ending, I think it fits the overall style of the Manga. It's neither a good nor a bad ending, it's just an open ending. The author wants to give the reader the opportunity to make up his/her own ending. Why is that? Because Tatsuhiro told Misaki, that he wants to pe independent, before he will or let's say can love her. He only managed to get a part-time job and that's the reason I believe he hasn't returned to Misaki yet, he want's a real job first.

Overall I would give this manga an 8,5/10. It is not recommended for everyone, I love psychological Mangas and in my opinion the Mangaka has perfectly captured the world of Hikikomori with all it's problems.

06-02-11, 9:11 PM

I can safely say I prefer the Anime.

I'll probably read the Light Novel soon and from looking at one or two pages I can see that the Anime was probably the more faithful adaptation which I'm thankful for.

The Manga seemed to be trying its best to make the characters less likable.

Why did they make it so that the abuse Misaki suffered as a child was just a lie as well as her parent's deaths?

Why did they bring Nanako back in after Yamazaki broke it off with her so dramatically, only to make her turn out to be a lesbian who was just fucking with him for shits and giggles?
Modified by TopgunUK, 06-02-11, 9:25 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices