Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 25, 2012 6:28 AM

Oct 2012
That wasn't so great but it was good..Only the ending seemed so epic..I'll give it a 8 :D
-------Only God will judge me --------

iSignature
Sep 8, 2013 5:04 PM

Nov 2011
Is it me or did the animation significantly improve?

Hmm, some thoughts on the movie:
I think the action in the beginning is pretty nice with the visuals and movements. I think I'm referring to the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP0yOW6FpEM

Seems like Afro is more energetic in this movie. "Let's parttttttttttttty" LOL. Uh, overall rating this 7/10. This was actually a good movie imo.
Dec 23, 2013 7:36 AM
Jan 2013
I liked this movie. Damn, Sio is an evil b*tch - reviving Afro's father just to torture him? That's nasty. Quite a character though.

Story was rather adventourus and thus predictable. The party scenes were funny, especially those random two-to-five second windows of people getting done in the rear, that cracked me up. Jino's breathing brought me to think that there's some sort of Star Wars jibe going on here. Get it? Jino = Darth Vader, Sio = The Emperor? Especially at the end, which was slightly OP but fun nonetheless, when Jino watches Afro's cloned father kill him, then he turns on the father and right before he and Sio die he gives a jolt of electricity to Afro so he can defeat him. Kind of meh for me, but I liked it nonetheless.

Soundtrack was boss. Ending theme sounded solid. Definitely one of the best OST's I've heard in an anime.

The movie seemed to have more story to it than the actual series, which should be watched only with popcorn in mind. Definitely better than SAO.

9/10
Jul 13, 2014 7:23 PM

Dec 2008
It was ok, much better than the series though.
Jul 26, 2014 6:26 PM
Jun 2014
I liked this not as much as the original but overall it was a great way to kill some time.
Sep 27, 2014 12:38 PM
May 2013
The Jinno/Sio scene was sad and beautiful at the same time.Also, fight for you (The RZA) fits perfect. It's amazing how Jinno forgave Afro, "Brothers till the end." Jinno is truly a great character.

R.I.P. Jinno.

At least he died happy.
SiendoSep 27, 2014 1:21 PM
Mar 18, 2015 1:02 PM

Jan 2014
Not bad...
Apr 12, 2015 10:37 AM

May 2014
I think I liked the movie better than the series. It was more flashy.

This time Jinno dies for good, in the hands of his sister. That was a nice scene.

Now that kid will start the same path as Afro. With a big trauma, thirst for revenge, a stupid haircut ... all he need is an imaginary friend and some experience.

And Justice is appearing in the final seconds. I hope there will be a new movie but I kinda doubt that.
Apr 18, 2015 4:34 PM

Jan 2013
Damn what a film, I actually liked it a bit more than the series.
As soon as I saw the "father" of the kid was going to fight Afro I had a feeling the kid was going to be on the same path Afro did, revenge.

The animation / art was just superb really.
Ninja Ninja still funny as hell :)

8/10
PrOxAntoApr 18, 2015 4:38 PM
Oct 27, 2017 11:11 PM

Jul 2016
The plot was mediocre as hell but it doesn't bother me at all... I wasn't expecting some story with an awesome development... This is just what it is, "popcorn material" with good fights and the ost was really enjoyable as well.
Dec 30, 2017 10:17 PM
Dec 2017
BlindFighter said:
I liked it I am sure they will do another movie.

You was so wrong :d , they haven't made another one, and I think they won't.
Apr 6, 2018 5:24 PM

Mar 2016
The quality of this movie is just as good as the original Afro Samurai but I personally like how the story is set up in this movie more than the original.
So the cycle of blood continues...
Oct 16, 2018 3:40 PM

Oct 2015
That was good, but I expected his fight with his dad would've longer and epic but it ended suddenly. I liked how Jinno tried to defend him in the end and the sister followed suit, too bad they died in the end.

As for Afro, I guess the headband thing continues again. I liked also how he handed Kotaro the number 2 headband to come at him whenever he's ready, what a cold ass Bastard.

7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 29, 2018 1:02 PM

May 2017
sh*t this anime is very good, Is Justice a vampire?? where is the fuking sequel??
Jan 16, 2019 12:14 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty decent continuation. Same as the first series, good action, top notch animation, very violent, rule of cool. A solid 6/10.
Mar 5, 2019 3:53 PM

May 2016
Everything was good except the fact they tried to milk the series, I mean what was that plot weird as shit, we still didn't know why Sio was so mad for revenge, I mean Afro didn't do that to her family cause he won't kill unless someone is in his way. 6/10
Apr 11, 2019 2:54 AM

May 2016
The movie really lived up to its namesake because nearly everyone who supposedly died are suddenly alive again for little to no reason. It must be the work of those accursed headbands. The action's a pleasure to the eyes as usual but the variation between Afro's opponents were less varied this time and Ninja Ninja's more annoying than he could've ever been in the first movie for some reason. He might just be a part of Afro's imagination but it's better off that he continued to kick the bucket instead.

Sio's potential as a powerful femme fatale villain was kind of wasted since she doesn't have that much power when she's by herself after all. It's sad that she realized that it's not up to her to carry out revenge on the behalf of other people after she saw Jinno throw his own life away to protect Afro only when it's too late. She was really seductive though and Lucy Liu's performance was very sultry. I secretly wish that there would be another raunchy scene with her instead of just the strip club scene~

He had to kill Kotaro's dad for the Number 2 Headband and he pretty much reached the end of the whole cycle of hatred once he took back the Number 1 Headband only to reach the beginning with a different cast this time. His troubles certainly aren't going to get any better from that point on and Justice coming back for no reason proves it.

Dec 1, 2019 2:17 PM

Nov 2019
I enjoyed the movie more than the 5 episode series
May 28, 2020 4:29 PM

Feb 2014
Felt like sequel to game where you get nerfed and have to re-do everything again.

7/10 little worse than the original series
Dec 22, 2020 10:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Totally loved the movie, great soundtracks like in the anime and the visuals were outstanding!
Aug 28, 2021 11:02 AM
Jul 2018
I have mixed feelings about the ending. It was just too convenient for me that the electricity from Jinno's short-circuiting body revived Afro. But other than that, the other parts of the movie were okay. I liked the TV series more. The story was more fleshed out in my opinion. I felt like the ending for the movie was rushed.
Dec 12, 2021 6:14 AM

Jul 2021
I thought that in this movie they would explain that end that the anime had, but it turned out they didn't explain anything and left a lot open. I also didn't understand that post-credit scene that the movie had.
asdasdsadad
Dec 23, 2021 11:29 PM

Jan 2013
Dude, I won't bother watching this one(I will skim).
The voice-acting is so cringe, the story is so predictable and mediocre.
The characters have very little depth to them, and can be extremely naive.
I enjoyed the 5 episodes enough to find enjoyment in them, while excusing faults.
This movie though...big pass to preserve my respect for Afro Samurai.
Please send me a message/profile comment since I will most likely not check my forum posts. Thank you.
May 9, 2022 11:52 AM

Apr 2020
It's a rule of cool action shows. The animation is so fluid. Damn. If what you wanted was good writing, you watched the wrong thing.

Jun 12, 2023 10:33 AM

Apr 2023
Wish we can get a full conclussion to this one day, in the manga it did but not here strangely.

Oct 18, 2023 8:15 PM

Mar 2020
Afro is one helluva character, bro is ruthless and doesn't give a fk who's in front of him.

But man... this show had so much potential. If they made into a 12-ep series it would definitely bang, has all the tools needed to be a great anime.
Joe, Joe Forever....
Mar 30, 2:16 PM

Nov 2019
WOW, I rarely like animes and rate the ma majoiry 1/10 but this anime movie was just amazing the animation, the philosphy, the lifestyle of afro and so much more just embodies and amazing story. I would 100% recommend this to new anime watchers.
I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» This is a Movie.

kyox69 - Jan 14, 2009

8 by hznu »»
Feb 1, 2009 6:50 PM

» Trailer just released

quicksilver111 - Jul 25, 2008

17 by Tempest_Angel »»
Jan 17, 2009 3:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.