Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'D-Frag!' to Get TV Anime Adaptation

New
Aug 6, 2013 9:10 AM

Sep 2012
It has been revealed that manga "D-Frag!" will get a TV anime adaptation. The manga started serialization in Comic Alive in 2008. The latest volume 7 is scheduled to be released on August 10th, coinciding with the start of Comiket. Important news is going to be announced on that day as well. However, on the sample illustration that is given as an extra gift to anyone who buys the manga at the bookstore chain WonderGoo, it was revealed that the important news will at least include its TV anime adaptation. More information should become available on August 10th when the formal announcement is made.

Source: Sample gift illustration for manga vol.7

D-Frag! on MAL
NaruleachOct 6, 2013 9:21 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 6, 2013 9:13 AM
Oct 2008
I've heard good things of the manga Sounds Interesting
Aug 6, 2013 9:14 AM

Jul 2010
Synopsis sounds very interesting. Might have to start reading this before the adaptation airs.

Aug 6, 2013 9:15 AM

Nov 2007
Hmm, I was tempted many times to read this manga. This could serve as a bigger excuse to read it now, lol...
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Aug 6, 2013 9:16 AM

Nov 2009
Now we're talking
Aug 6, 2013 9:18 AM

Nov 2011
Excellent, looking forward to this.
Aug 6, 2013 9:19 AM

Aug 2012
I had put it on my plan to read list about a month ago. Great to hear it'll get an anime adaptation.
.................................................................................
Aug 6, 2013 9:20 AM

Apr 2011
Hopefully, this will lead to a Fujimura-kun Mates anime adaption as well.
Aug 6, 2013 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
yhunata said:

I'm crossing my fingers for this as well.
Aug 6, 2013 9:23 AM

Sep 2012
Ejc said:
Hmm, I was tempted many times to read this manga. This could serve as a bigger excuse to read it now, lol...
I bought 4 volumes way back in 2010 and 2011. It is actually quite a fun read although at some point the number of characters grow so big that it starts to get a bit confusing lol

yhunata said:
Wonder why people associate D-Frag and Fujimura-kun Mates? This is not the first time I see such association being made so I am a bit curious.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 6, 2013 9:33 AM

Nov 2007
symbv said:
Ejc said:
I bought 4 volumes way back in 2010 and 2011. It is actually quite a fun read although at some point the number of characters grow so big that it starts to get a bit confusing lol

Just how big was the growth of character numbers, lol? If you say it was quite fun... then I may pick it up if I have the time.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Aug 6, 2013 9:36 AM

Oct 2012
The main character is a delinquent and joined the "non-normal groups"? Count me in. It looks interesting.
Aug 6, 2013 9:37 AM

Sep 2012
Ejc said:
Just how big was the growth of character numbers, lol? If you say it was quite fun... then I may pick it up if I have the time.
You can take a look at its wiki page and see how many characters there are...
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%87%E3%82%A3%E3%83%BC%E3%81%B5%E3%82%89%E3%81%90!

Aug 6, 2013 9:39 AM

Jan 2011
I'm not up to date on the manga but I can tell you its hilarious, and the characters are quite likable as well.
[center]
Aug 6, 2013 9:39 AM
Dec 2007
Hope Hanazawa Kana voice Ruka like the drama cd
Aug 6, 2013 9:40 AM
Jul 2012
This manga got me hooked from the first chapter, its about a delinquet who joins a school club full of weird girls while he is the only one who thinks with Logic!

the development among characters is really interesting and i was really glad to find out about its anime adaptation.
Aug 6, 2013 9:41 AM

Jun 2012
Been meaning to read the manga for a while now. Guess I won't need to anymore.
Aug 6, 2013 9:41 AM

Feb 2010
Sounds like it could be very funny if done right, but comedy always depends on the execution so I'll have to see for myself when it airs.
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 6, 2013 9:43 AM

Oct 2008
Sounds great, im always open for some comedy.
Aug 6, 2013 9:46 AM

Apr 2011
symbv said:
yhunata said:
Wonder why people associate D-Frag and Fujimura-kun Mates? This is not the first time I see such association being made so I am a bit curious.

To be completely honest, I wanna know why myself.
Aug 6, 2013 9:47 AM

Nov 2007
symbv said:
Ejc said:
You can take a look at its wiki page and see how many characters there are...
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%87%E3%82%A3%E3%83%BC%E3%81%B5%E3%82%89%E3%81%90!

Wow is all I can say. I can see why it started to get confusing with that many characters!
Aug 6, 2013 9:48 AM

Oct 2011
Stark700 said:
yhunata said:

Same here, both are hilarious XD
Aug 6, 2013 10:25 AM

Aug 2010
YESSS!!!! I freakin' love this manga.
I so can't wait.

yhunata said:

And this...
Aug 6, 2013 10:40 AM
May 2012
Sounds interesting.
Aug 6, 2013 10:44 AM

Jun 2013
OH MY GOD YES! TSUKKOMI!!

yhunata said:
symbv said:
yhunata said:

I think it's because both manga series rely on gags where the main character plays the straight man. Both Fujimura-kun and Kazuma are delinquents that have a harem of cloudcuckoolanders around them and have to continually spit out tsukkomi lines.

Anyways, really happy for this. Somebody put up discussion on Batoto for an anime adaptation and we've already gotten a Drama CD subbed for it. Maybe the cast is coming back again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnmblDwbSrA for reference
Aug 6, 2013 10:45 AM

Dec 2012
Hooray! I love this line up of good news we've been having lately! Definitely going to watch this when it comes out :D

Hmmm, now I feel like rereading it x.x
Aug 6, 2013 10:53 AM
Apr 2009
Update: The official Twitter account for Monthly Comic Alive magazine wrote on Wednesday, shortly after the illustration's discovery, that they want to delete the image.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-06/d-fragments-school-game-club-manga-tv-anime-listed

Why? oO
Aug 6, 2013 10:55 AM

Nov 2011
Aug 6, 2013 11:01 AM

Sep 2012
Hi3i said:
Update: The official Twitter account for Monthly Comic Alive magazine wrote on Wednesday, shortly after the illustration's discovery, that they want to delete the image.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-06/d-fragments-school-game-club-manga-tv-anime-listed
Why? oO
Clearly their original plan of making a splash at the news at the Comiket on Aug 10th has now been derailed because of this leak of the gift illustration. The call to delete the image now seems like a damage control operation.

Aug 6, 2013 11:10 AM

Aug 2012
Holy shit...YES!!! This manga is awesome!
Aug 6, 2013 11:18 AM

Jul 2010
Heard some good things about manga, therefore im looking forward to this.Also, i dont know why, but i already like this gurl.
Aug 6, 2013 11:37 AM

Jun 2013
I've heard some good things about this manga as well, although I don't know whether or not it will be my thing. I guess I'll wait for staff and PVs to decide if I should watch it or not.
Aug 6, 2013 11:48 AM

Jun 2012
yhunata said:
symbv said:
yhunata said:

Iv seen it a lot as well. The manga is good so this should be fun.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Aug 6, 2013 12:12 PM

Aug 2008
It's not bad but it got a little bit boring lately. Anime will cover the more interesting part so it might be fun to watch. Of course all comes to character design, voice choice and writing...

Edit: Oh my, character design looks fine. That's a first in quite a long time.
AntanaruAug 6, 2013 12:15 PM
Ii tenki desu ne...
Aug 6, 2013 12:38 PM

May 2011
Seems like it could be fun if done right. Looking forward to it.
Aug 6, 2013 12:53 PM

Oct 2012
Time to pick up the manga.
Aug 6, 2013 1:06 PM

Sep 2012
I wanna see the preview @_@
Aug 6, 2013 2:59 PM
Jul 2012
YES! YES!! YES!!!

It's a miracle! XD
Aug 6, 2013 3:44 PM

Dec 2012
It's been a long time when I have the manga on my list...I better start reading it...
Aug 6, 2013 4:30 PM
May 2012
Makuro said:
I wanna see the preview @_@

Dude, me too should I read the manga or wait for the anime?
Aug 6, 2013 5:56 PM

Nov 2011
No preview yet I think but there's a drama CD out.

Drama CD video:

Over 1 hour+...
Aug 6, 2013 6:35 PM

Aug 2012
YES YES, aw man I'm excited for this.

Aug 6, 2013 9:40 PM

Dec 2012
Yay :D

Though I like the manga, I would probably prefer watching it as an anime :D
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Aug 6, 2013 9:44 PM

Oct 2012
Cool, I've been reading the manga so I'm looking forward to this.

Aug 7, 2013 3:19 AM
Dec 2012
Stark700 said:
yhunata said:

I give you my 4 thumbs forr support sir!
Aug 7, 2013 12:20 PM

Nov 2008
well it's ur usual school comedy harem type anime so i might give it a try too
Aug 7, 2013 8:32 PM

Jul 2010
god has answered my prayers

symbv said:
Ejc said:

yhunata said:

anyone who reads them can't miss it. hell check my recommendation on it right now, i made a whole damn list, lol

Aug 7, 2013 8:55 PM

Sep 2012
supermegasonic said:
symbv said:
Ejc said:

yhunata said:

anyone who reads them can't miss it. hell check my recommendation on it right now, i made a whole damn list, lol
Can't miss what? The similarities? If your recommendation has a list of the two manga's similarities I would like to read it -- mind telling me where I can find it?

Aug 7, 2013 9:47 PM

Aug 2013
symbv said:
supermegasonic said:
symbv said:
Ejc said:

yhunata said:

Can't miss what? The similarities? If your recommendation has a list of the two manga's similarities I would like to read it -- mind telling me where I can find it?

Basically, they're both slap-stick comedies where the main character, a delinquent, plays the straight man for a group of characters that are introduced to the male lead. Each character from both stories with their own special quirks.
Aug 8, 2013 1:11 AM

Apr 2012
I'm looking forward to this.
Let the amazing hype train begin.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
2 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.