Forum Settings
Forums

New Anime 'Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon' to Stream Worldwide Winter 2014

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 4, 2013 9:55 AM
Apr 2011
Yes yes yes! Been waiting for it for so long! Guess it's time for me to read the manga. Only saw the TV series and movies, and I love them!!
Aug 4, 2013 10:05 AM

Dec 2012
Fai said:
hiabara said:
why is everyone talking about a remake?
"Finally, when commenting on the direction the new anime will take, Osano stated that it will not be a remake of the first series, suggesting that the new series will take a different direction than just adapting the manga in a straightforward manner, as was done with the previous series." (from crunchyroll)

anyway, no matter if it'll be a sequel, remake or whatever, my body is so ready!

That just means that its NOT the remake of the series.

Mind you the tv show is NOT the original material. If anything this indicates they might readapt manga instead.
but it also says "the new series will take a different direction than just adapting the manga". but i have to admit i wondered about that because what else will they do if they won't go after the manga? choose a complete new story that isn't written down anywhere? hmm.
I NEED MORE INFORMATIONS >_< i don't like speculations, arghh.
Aug 4, 2013 10:08 AM

Apr 2011
Kitsu-nee said:
TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:
Aren't you a little young to have memories of Sailor Moon? It wasn't even airing anymore where I'm from when you were still a toddler. Not trying to say you're not allowed to like Sailor Moon, the more fans the better, but I was just surprised by your profiling saying you are only 16.

Hey, I'm 17, and I remember watching Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars like crazy, when I was about 3-4 years old :D

Wasn't trying to poke fun or anything :) It's just I'm 25 and I was fairly young when Sailor Moon was still airing.
Aug 4, 2013 10:15 AM

Jul 2013
TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:
Kitsu-nee said:
TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:
Aren't you a little young to have memories of Sailor Moon? It wasn't even airing anymore where I'm from when you were still a toddler. Not trying to say you're not allowed to like Sailor Moon, the more fans the better, but I was just surprised by your profiling saying you are only 16.

Hey, I'm 17, and I remember watching Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars like crazy, when I was about 3-4 years old :D

Wasn't trying to poke fun or anything :) It's just I'm 25 and I was fairly young when Sailor Moon was still airing.

I used to watch Sailor Moon S, SuperS, and Sailor Stars, I don't remember what age I was, but I am sure that it was re-runs of those seasons, I may be young, but I can recognize Sailor Moon when I see it lol. But I can understand where your coming from, so it's no problem.
Aug 4, 2013 10:39 AM

Nov 2007
I loved Sailor Moon so much when I was a kid and still love it after re-watching. I'm super excited for this! :D
Aug 4, 2013 11:17 AM

Jun 2009
hiabara said:
"Finally, when commenting on the direction the new anime will take, Osano stated that it will not be a remake of the first series, suggesting that the new series will take a different direction than just adapting the manga in a straightforward manner, as was done with the previous series." (from crunchyroll)

anyway, no matter if it'll be a sequel, remake or whatever, my body is so ready!

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I haven't read the manga. But, I was under the impression that the anime series was in fact very different from the manga.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 4, 2013 11:20 AM

Jul 2007
insan3soldiern said:
hiabara said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I haven't read the manga. But, I was under the impression that the anime series was in fact very different from the manga.

THIS

That line is CR people ASSUMING the previous work was faithful. Its n ot what the person stated, but what they deduced from that statement. Hence that whole bit means nothing.

Apart some basic plotlines SM manga is pretty much entirely different work.
Aug 4, 2013 11:26 AM

Oct 2010
Fai said:
insan3soldiern said:
hiabara said:

THIS

That line is CR people ASSUMING the previous work was faithful. Its n ot what the person stated, but what they deduced from that statement. Hence that whole bit means nothing.

Apart some basic plotlines SM manga is pretty much entirely different work.

Oh yeah, you're right, I missed that distinction the first time I read it. That "suggesting" part of the sentence is Crunchyroll adding its own interpretation to Osana's statement. All we know that Osana said, going by just CR's article, is "it will not be a remake of the first series."

Thank goodness, because calling the first series a "straightforward" adaptation makes no sense at all.
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Aug 4, 2013 11:29 AM

Oct 2010
I am excited about Momoiro Clover Z's "Moonlight Densetsu." Although last summer's live performance of it wasn't good at all, that's just consistent with how MCZ performs live. Their album productions are usually great fun though. The accompanying music video will probably also be crazy.
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Aug 4, 2013 11:42 AM
Aug 2011
Wow Winter 2014, that's way closer than I imagined. I was prepared to not see this until like 2016.

There's a younger me that's reeling in excitement right now, good stuff.
Aug 4, 2013 12:47 PM

Jan 2009
looking forward to it!!!
Aug 4, 2013 12:50 PM

Aug 2011
Yes! Yes! Yessssss!
Aug 4, 2013 12:51 PM

Oct 2011
Waiting for it patiently here, I watched some episodes and loved it when I was a lil' kid.
Signature
Aug 4, 2013 1:36 PM

Mar 2009
God exists, EVENTUALLY !
Aug 4, 2013 1:55 PM

Mar 2009
hiabara said:

>_>; Because the original announcement I saw here on MAL quoted Naoko as saying it would be a remake that follows the manga.... when she made her announcement in France.... That's why <_<;

Also- I'm reading the manga, and while I can see where it meets the old series.... it feels like completely 2 different stories.... like 2 writers were given a general concept and told to write a story from it- put in 2 seprate rooms and one went to town with anything that poped into her head while the other came out more thought out and mature.... and I say this as someone who has, did and will always love the first series- it pulled me out of a serious depression and some really dark times when I was a kid.
But the first series is so different from the manga I was in shock when I started reading the manga. So it did not adapt the manga in a straightforward manner in the first place.... it barely followed it except for touching base here and there in places.

I saw the original announcement last year- and unless I see the words "Not following the manga" or something akin to that from Naoko or someone representing her, I will assume that's still their main plan.
That statement does not mean it's not following the manga- I'm gonna quote Fai on that because I agree with what the user said.

Fai said:

That just means that its NOT the remake of the series.

Mind you the tv show is NOT the original material. If anything this indicates they might readapt manga instead.
Aug 4, 2013 2:02 PM

Mar 2009
RobUsaB said:

Oh yeah, you're right, I missed that distinction the first time I read it. That "suggesting" part of the sentence is Crunchyroll adding its own interpretation to Osana's statement. All we know that Osana said, going by just CR's article, is "it will not be a remake of the first series."

Thank goodness, because calling the first series a "straightforward" adaptation makes no sense at all.

Yeah- It's laughable to call the first series a "straightforward" adaptation- it's about as straight as a roller-coaster.....
Aug 4, 2013 2:02 PM

May 2012
I was about to watch Sailor Moon but since this new one is going out so I will just wait next year then.
Aug 4, 2013 2:38 PM

Apr 2011
Crossing my fingers once more then.
Aug 4, 2013 3:48 PM
Sep 2012
sailor moon confuses me so much. Would i have to have read any other sailor moons to watch this series coming up or not?
Aug 4, 2013 3:50 PM

Aug 2007
Awesome news! This winter, eh? Count me in. :D
Aug 4, 2013 4:56 PM

Feb 2008
GuiltyKing said:
See that, Togashi? Your wife is actually doing work. How about you try doing the same?

In other words, I'm looking forward to this either way; be it a possible TV broadcast or not.
Actually, his wife technically isn't doing any one, sense the mangaka hardly ever have anything to do with the anime adaptation, if they even do get involved to begin with.

I am passively interested in this. More curious about the animate style and budget than actually sitting down and watching it. The only monster of the week show I need is Kamen Rider.
Aug 4, 2013 5:41 PM

Mar 2009
xtremexx said:
sailor moon confuses me so much. Would i have to have read any other sailor moons to watch this series coming up or not?

If they stick to the manga this time I don't know. It depends on how well they adapt the manga and how well they explain things. I would say the original needs nothing to be read. I was watching the origional series when it was dubbed when I was about 9-11.... I started sometime around then.
I hadn't read the manga yet then and I adored it. I still love it.
If they make a series this time around that explains itself as it goes, than no, you shouldn't need to read the manga- but the manga is fantastic. It was just re-released in English and it's my first time reading it.
Aug 4, 2013 6:23 PM

May 2010
Oh my god I'm so excited! I hope it turns out great (and gets licensed here as well)
Aug 4, 2013 6:40 PM

Oct 2010
Damonashu said:
GuiltyKing said:
See that, Togashi? Your wife is actually doing work. How about you try doing the same?

In other words, I'm looking forward to this either way; be it a possible TV broadcast or not.
Actually, his wife technically isn't doing any one, sense the mangaka hardly ever have anything to do with the anime adaptation, if they even do get involved to begin with.

I am passively interested in this. More curious about the animate style and budget than actually sitting down and watching it. The only monster of the week show I need is Kamen Rider.

If it's an extremely faithful manga adaptation, then the new series won't be monster-of-the-week. The manga "generals" rarely sent youma to do their bidding; they were usually directly involved in their schemes and consequently they are dispatched quickly. I, who kept expecting pacing akin to the anime, was surprised every time a villain was defeated.

On the other hand, I am not sure how well that would adapt into anime. I'd expect the result would be similar to Madoka Magica, which actually had very few "villains." The flipside was that transformation sequences and moments of pure mahou-shoujo-awesomeness were unusually rare.

Maybe this is partly what caused the delay. How do we make a faithful adaptation, keep the mahou shoujo staples, and avoid monster-of-the-week syndrome? If we look at Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon (the live action series), it pretty much starts as a monster-of-the-week series, but becomes something more as the schemes, dramas, and relationships of the heroes and villains gain more prominence.
Aug 4, 2013 9:59 PM

Aug 2010
Yay! I really expected it to just never happen after they announced the delay! I can wait. That's just over a year. :)

Aug 4, 2013 9:59 PM

Feb 2008
RobUsaB said:
Damonashu said:
GuiltyKing said:

If it's an extremely faithful manga adaptation, then the new series won't be monster-of-the-week. The manga "generals" rarely sent youma to do their bidding; they were usually directly involved in their schemes and consequently they are dispatched quickly. I, who kept expecting pacing akin to the anime, was surprised every time a villain was defeated.

On the other hand, I am not sure how well that would adapt into anime. I'd expect the result would be similar to Madoka Magica, which actually had very few "villains." The flipside was that transformation sequences and moments of pure mahou-shoujo-awesomeness were unusually rare.

Maybe this is partly what caused the delay. How do we make a faithful adaptation, keep the mahou shoujo staples, and avoid monster-of-the-week syndrome? If we look at Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon (the live action series), it pretty much starts as a monster-of-the-week series, but becomes something more as the schemes, dramas, and relationships of the heroes and villains gain more prominence.

Well I must thank you. That post has certainly changed how I feel about this new adaptation, enough so that I'm actually interested in seeing how they execute it. Kudos to you sir.
Aug 4, 2013 10:11 PM
Sep 2012
I'm glad the delay isn't that long. I'm really excited for this.
Aug 4, 2013 11:51 PM

May 2010
This would be nostalgic.
Aug 5, 2013 2:29 AM

Sep 2012
I'm currently watching the original franchise (on Sailor Moon R right now), and I adore it! I think its those transformation sequences. I could just watch them all day...

So yeah, I'm excited. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit sceptical, because of course I want it to live up to its name but reboots like this (remake or whatever its gonna be) so late in the day don't always work. Hopefully it will though, fingers crossed.
Aug 5, 2013 4:10 AM

Aug 2011
TragicRomance said:
This would be nostalgic.

It's just like my childhood all over again :)
Aug 5, 2013 6:52 AM
Jul 2018
Waiting for the trailer!
Aug 5, 2013 6:54 AM

Nov 2008
good news for the sailor moon fan i guess
Aug 5, 2013 7:24 AM

Sep 2011
The art style hasn't evolved?

More nostalgia for people, I suppose.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Aug 5, 2013 8:59 AM

Jul 2007
GodlyKyon said:

Why should the art style deviate from the manga?
Aug 5, 2013 9:12 AM

Jul 2013
Yes! Its amazing news. Now waiting mode on :)
死者の心は変わる。変わらなかった生きているもののほう。© Kanoe Kirie. Tasogare Otome x Amnesia. vol. 9, ch. 43, scan 34

Aug 5, 2013 9:15 AM

Mar 2009
jmal said:
Fai said:
GodlyKyon said:
Why should the art style deviate from the manga?
Wait, has any official art from the new series even been released? If so, please link.

Yeah, was wondering if there was art I missed. They can stay true to the manga's art and upgrade the animation from the original.... actually it would look better if they stayed true to the manga art- Usagi and the girls were prettier in the manga.
Aug 5, 2013 9:30 AM
Sep 2007
Sailor Moon series with current animation style / setting / in HD resolution is primary reason I'm looking forward to it.

For me old anime season are what Sailor Moon is all about.

Never read manga (aside from first few pages), so I don't know how much anime deviated from it, but I did read that Codename wa Sailor V, and as much as I like Minako, I remember almost nothing since I read it, but I do remember forcing myself to finish it as soon as possible - it was quite boring.

I think shoujo genre in manga isn't for me, but it can get pretty interesting when it's animated.

Still, until we see new designs for girls, to me it is still too good to be true - for what is worth, like someone said on ANN forum, it could be super deformed parody - each episode lasting for about 5 minutes.
Aug 5, 2013 10:22 AM

Jun 2008
Thank's heaven good news;D

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 5, 2013 11:47 AM
Feb 2010
maybe it will air on Christams this year the 1rst and the 2nd episoeds
Aug 5, 2013 12:07 PM

Apr 2012
wow i didnt know they still produced seasons of sailor moon!
really looking forward to watching this next year :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2013 3:49 PM

Jan 2010
Oh my god I can't wait I'm so excited!
Aug 5, 2013 11:37 PM

Apr 2011
Finally!
Aug 6, 2013 3:37 PM

Jul 2011
TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:
I hope Kunihiko Ikuhara directs.

OMG please please PLEASE let it be Kunihiko Ikuhara <3 !!
Aug 6, 2013 6:58 PM

Apr 2010
Just in time for my winter break (hopefully).
Aug 7, 2013 1:29 AM

Sep 2007
windeen-windy said:
xtremexx said:

If they stick to the manga this time I don't know. It depends on how well they adapt the manga and how well they explain things. I would say the original needs nothing to be read. I was watching the origional series when it was dubbed when I was about 9-11.... I started sometime around then.
I hadn't read the manga yet then and I adored it. I still love it.
If they make a series this time around that explains itself as it goes, than no, you shouldn't need to read the manga- but the manga is fantastic. It was just re-released in English and it's my first time reading it.

It wasn't that bad, the anime (except for Stars and S) didn't move nearly as slowly as people remember.

Take for example R: it has 46 or so episodes and went through like 10 major villains.

millo said:
TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:
I hope Kunihiko Ikuhara directs.

OMG please please PLEASE let it be Kunihiko Ikuhara <3 !!

Nah, he already had a shot at it (and was very good, but now we need a fresh perspective).
Aug 7, 2013 2:39 AM

Aug 2013
Sailor Moon was my first big obcession with anime. In fact, I don't know if I would be this much of an anime fan if it wasn't for Sailor Moon. I can't wait to get my hands on this new series!
Aug 7, 2013 6:52 PM

Apr 2013
PLEASE let this anime stick to the manga
Aug 7, 2013 8:30 PM
Jul 2018
Worldwide? I guess that means in select countries such as the US -sigh-
Aug 7, 2013 8:57 PM

Jan 2012
how many of the actual ppl here actual watched the original sailor moon?were some of them even born when it was airing?
still i'm looking forward to this
Aug 7, 2013 9:27 PM

May 2012
yay more time for me to catch up.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

25 by RobertBobert »»
28 minutes ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by Etherius_ZS »»
35 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
6 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.