Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 4, 2013 4:46 AM

Nov 2011

*Insert Slayer-Hell Awaits*
Aug 4, 2013 4:47 AM

Jul 2013
How did Gon lose? How did Killua lose? What will become of the Chimera Ants? Will Gon and Killua go after Knuckle and Shoot? Will Killua leave Gon? What will happen next?! Ahhh so many questions! >_< The King was strong as hell, as expected. I'm excited to see more of Knov and Netero.
Aug 4, 2013 4:50 AM

Oct 2009
Minagatachi said:
So if Netero couldn't stand a chance against again Pitou, then how the hell is anyone going to deal with the King? This is interesting.

I love how Hunter x Hunter always does the unexpected and avoids the cliches. I was sure Gon/Killua would have won the fight with their strong feelings for Kite or some bullshit, props to Togashi for not going down that road.

Netero didnt say he couldnt stand a chance, he said pitou is probably stronger, you havent seen THE MAN in action yet.

TheDodoAug 4, 2013 4:57 AM
Aug 4, 2013 5:06 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
TheDodo said:
Minagatachi said:
So if Netero couldn't stand a chance against again Pitou, then how the hell is anyone going to deal with the King? This is interesting.

I love how Hunter x Hunter always does the unexpected and avoids the cliches. I was sure Gon/Killua would have won the fight with their strong feelings for Kite or some bullshit, props to Togashi for not going down that road.

Netero didnt say he couldnt stand a chance, he said pitou is probably stronger, you havent seen THE MAN in action yet.

reply to spoiler. Ofc better I mean when old freaking sage isnt badass strong.. He is really old which means lot of experience... I havent read manga but he might simply because of age (nen will run out faster..) And I hope Gon and Killua will show up T_T
Aug 4, 2013 5:13 AM

Jan 2012
Damn you king
Aug 4, 2013 5:31 AM

Dec 2009
Dang King, you're glorious.

His eyes bothered me a little, though.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Aug 4, 2013 5:44 AM

Jun 2012
Omg Meruem is so freakin Strong oomg what a beast ! I was expecting to see a calm and peacefull Meruem not this kind of personality omfg Awesome episode

And f*** you who gave 1/5 to this episode , goddamn haters
Aug 4, 2013 5:48 AM

Mar 2010
Candor said:
batossai said:
ok the king is epic no doubt, but i am honestly a little disappointed with this episode.

It seems like gon and killua are completely irrelevant at this point and seeing as they are the main characters i dont really like that. if they are to somehow become relevant again, then that would require a major power up out of thin air which wouldnt make for decent writing. Also this episode made all the previous "training" episodes seem completely useless.

Now dont get me wrong, i am not saying that gon and killua should have won, but i am saying that they could have at least displayed potential during the fights that they could be of use when fighting against the king. Sadly though, what we got from this episode does not seem to indicate that. It seems like they have made no progress, well other than assessing their own weaknesses, and while that is good, i still dont see how they they will be relevant even after overcoming their weaknesses. its not like they will reach kite's level by just overcoming their weaknesses. Even if they did reach kites's level of strength it would not be close to enough to fight the king.

from what it looks like the only way to salvage this is a typical shounen random power up, which really takes away from hunter x hunter as it was unique compared to other shounes.
Let me ask this: what did Gon and Killua do in the fight against the Phantom Troupe? They didn't play but a small role yet the arc was so far the best arc in the series. The best thing this arc will do regarding Gon and Killua will be continuing with their development as characters, Killua with his habit of running away and Gon facing the death of someone important to him, stuff that has already been introduced but will continue until the end of the next arc (a small aftermath arc). If you're interested in what they'll do as in fighting,

well if what you say in the spoiler is true, then i will be really disappointed. In the phantom troupe arc it did not matter that they played a secondary role, because the whole arc revolved around kurapika and his revenge. That is to say for that one arc the main character was kurapika. So its completely fine in that arc given the nature of the plot in it.

However in the chimera ant arc they are the main focus, yet they are still a non-factor. tell me what is the point of the story if the main characters are irrelevant?

people hyped this arc so much that i was expecting so much more from them than the usual "oh they got potential but they are still pretty weak"

tell me when will this development come to fruition if not in this arc? we all know the manga is on hiatus, so if they dont really do anything this arc then it seems like this anime will end on a disappointing note. i mean all we are getting is this development and we may never get to see the result. it will just be like they started off weak and they ended up stronger but still weak.
Aug 4, 2013 5:52 AM

Oct 2009
batossai said:
Candor said:
batossai said:
ok the king is epic no doubt, but i am honestly a little disappointed with this episode.

It seems like gon and killua are completely irrelevant at this point and seeing as they are the main characters i dont really like that. if they are to somehow become relevant again, then that would require a major power up out of thin air which wouldnt make for decent writing. Also this episode made all the previous "training" episodes seem completely useless.

Now dont get me wrong, i am not saying that gon and killua should have won, but i am saying that they could have at least displayed potential during the fights that they could be of use when fighting against the king. Sadly though, what we got from this episode does not seem to indicate that. It seems like they have made no progress, well other than assessing their own weaknesses, and while that is good, i still dont see how they they will be relevant even after overcoming their weaknesses. its not like they will reach kite's level by just overcoming their weaknesses. Even if they did reach kites's level of strength it would not be close to enough to fight the king.

from what it looks like the only way to salvage this is a typical shounen random power up, which really takes away from hunter x hunter as it was unique compared to other shounes.
Let me ask this: what did Gon and Killua do in the fight against the Phantom Troupe? They didn't play but a small role yet the arc was so far the best arc in the series. The best thing this arc will do regarding Gon and Killua will be continuing with their development as characters, Killua with his habit of running away and Gon facing the death of someone important to him, stuff that has already been introduced but will continue until the end of the next arc (a small aftermath arc). If you're interested in what they'll do as in fighting,

well if what you say in the spoiler is true, then i will be really disappointed. In the phantom troupe arc it did not matter that they played a secondary role, because the whole arc revolved around kurapika and his revenge. That is to say for that one arc the main character was kurapika. So its completely fine in that arc given the nature of the plot in it.

However in the chimera ant arc they are the main focus, yet they are still a non-factor. tell me what is the point of the story if the main characters are irrelevant?

people hyped this arc so much that i was expecting so much more from them than the usual "oh they got potential but they are still pretty weak"

tell me when will this development come to fruition if not in this arc? we all know the manga is on hiatus, so if they dont really do anything this arc then it seems like this anime will end on a disappointing note. i mean all we are getting is this development and we may never get to see the result. it will just be like they started off weak and they ended up stronger but still weak.

Just stfu and watch... Gon and Killua are very relevant in this arc. They are just going through some character development right now as their havent fixed their weakness during their training. HxH is not all about the main cast winning all the time, you should know that.

Also, all power ups make sense in HxH.

TheDodoAug 4, 2013 5:58 AM
Aug 4, 2013 5:58 AM

Mar 2010
Basslion said:
batossai said:

It looks to me that you are disappointed that the show didn't follow the way you predicted, aka usual shonen way. Gon and Killua are two 12 year old kids that lost to veteran Hunters. What's so illogical about it? And because they trained a month, what? How would they beat their fighting experience?
You do realise the king is an absolute beast? At this point we are wondering if anyone can beat him, not whether Gon can be of any use against him. And to be honest, he shouldn't be of any use, he's the main character but he's just a 12 y.o Hunter.

Yeah, about everything you wrote, just waaaait a bit and keep watching because your assumptions are really off.

i dont want it to go the usual shounen route. nevertheless i cannot see why we as viewers should care about gon or killaua if they cannot do anything. If gon cant win or contribute then why am i bothering to watch the show? it just doesnt make sense to me. i think the problem isnt with the fact that togashi made killaua and gon weak, its that he made the ants in general too strong that he marginalized his main characters.
But then again i havent read the manga so this is purely from an anime viewer perspective, I hope what you are alluding to is true because i really loved this anime so far.
Aug 4, 2013 6:04 AM

Oct 2009
@batossai, making sure you ve seen my reply above, you were posting at the same time as me. :)
Aug 4, 2013 6:10 AM

Feb 2012
batossai said:

Think of movies about World War II. You don't always expect the main character to go and defeat Hitler or something xD
The movies revolve about soldiers' camaraderie, their character progression, things like that.
It doesn't really matter if they don't end the war.
Aug 4, 2013 6:15 AM

Jun 2011
batossai said:
i dont want it to go the usual shounen route. nevertheless i cannot see why we as viewers should care about gon or killaua if they cannot do anything. If gon cant win or contribute then why am i bothering to watch the show? it just doesnt make sense to me. i think the problem isnt with the fact that togashi made killaua and gon weak, its that he made the ants in general too strong that he marginalized his main characters.
But then again i havent read the manga so this is purely from an anime viewer perspective, I hope what you are alluding to is true because i really loved this anime so far.

Mhmm, okay, from what i can see, you have a very narrow minded perspective of what will follow, that i didn't have because yeah, i was reading the manga and didn't have to wait for a new chapter and have the same thoughts as you do.

First, who said Killua and Gon don't do things in this arc? It's quite the opposite, this is an arc fully concentrated on the duo, especially Killua and especially in terms of character development and abilities. To put it simply, you don't have to wonder, how will Gon beat the king, but how Gon and Killua will overcome the obstacles that keep appearing. I assure you, they don't become irrelevant at any point of this arc. Just keep watching.

PS. I really don't like comparing anime, but if you expect that this arc will go the same way as Naruto's Pain arc, redeeming every character useless, while the main character receives power ups and everyone is drooling over his power, i suggest you stop watching this anime right this moment :P
BasslionAug 4, 2013 6:18 AM
Aug 4, 2013 6:32 AM

Jun 2010
The feels. Im so excited to see the rest of the arc. CANT WAIT FOR DAMN ACTIONS!
Aug 4, 2013 6:35 AM

Dec 2010
@ batossai

how can you say and trash the story so much when you even haven't seen the full picture yet ?? have a decency to criticize properly not that am saying you can't criticize works but you have to know the contents first , right? have you thought that your points maybe wrong and you are saying more than it is necessary ??

and please ...if power up , winning every battle is the thing that you look for from a shonen story arc ...i'd say you may not be expecting some other important things that you can get ... psychological and mental impacts of human mind are also part of a war . try to be little more open minded ...

have you ever thought why togashi chose ant , a small creature as his main antagonist against human being in this arc??sorry, its not only epic fights that make ant arc great.
headless_nickAug 4, 2013 6:49 AM
Aug 4, 2013 6:57 AM

Aug 2012
The King's been borned and he's a cannibal.
Man that ending was sad. :(

Sent with Mal Updater
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Aug 4, 2013 7:02 AM

Jun 2013
batossai said:
Basslion said:
batossai said:

It looks to me that you are disappointed that the show didn't follow the way you predicted, aka usual shonen way. Gon and Killua are two 12 year old kids that lost to veteran Hunters. What's so illogical about it? And because they trained a month, what? How would they beat their fighting experience?
You do realise the king is an absolute beast? At this point we are wondering if anyone can beat him, not whether Gon can be of any use against him. And to be honest, he shouldn't be of any use, he's the main character but he's just a 12 y.o Hunter.

Yeah, about everything you wrote, just waaaait a bit and keep watching because your assumptions are really off.

I feel part of the charm Hunter x Hunter has is how it demonstrates just how human the main chaarcters are. They aren't the badass "heroes of light" that are destined to save the universe and strike down every evil they come across. They fail a lot, but they learn and grow from it and move on. In fact, most of the show we see Gon fail in his efforts only to move onto another goal because of it.

Hunter exam - Gon is helped by Hisoka getting his stolen tags back. He also passes the hunter exam by default after losing and getting horribly injured in his first fight. (Failed twice)
Retrieving Killua - Training arc, Killua comes to him. (Neutral)
Sky tower - Training arc, loses horribly but wins in the end (Win)
Yorknew - Fails to get enough money for Greed island, Fails to capture Phantom troupe, gets captured by phantom troupe twice. (Fails 3 times)
Greed island - Training and beats the game (Win)
Chimera Ant - Meets kite and fails to kill the queen, forced to run from Pitou and abandons Kite, Fails to go back to NGL to rescue Kite. (3 Fails)
And then there is the rest of the arc which hasn't been animated. However, considering the nature of the series so far, is him failing to kill the king going to ruin the series for you? Gon fails the goals he sets out for himself many more times than he actually achieves them. And so far, it's been fine. This is because the series is not about Gon overcoming every obstacle he comes across, it's about his perseverance and impact he makes on the world around him. It's about seeing him grow.

You have to remember, his ultimate goal in this series is to find his father, Ging. Every other goal between that is simply a means to better himself, fail or no. You are looking at the series and assuming Gon will have to kill the King and defeat the Ants. Maybe you need to be reminded that Gon's goal isn't to defeat the King, it is to save Kite from the ants in NGL. Sure, Gon needs to become stronger, but why does he need to become as strong as the king to save Kite?

The Chimera Ant arc is considered to be one of the best arcs in the series, and I can agree with that statement. I can vouch now that no typical shonen power-ups are used to further Gon's relevance in the plot, so the only thing I can say is to wait. Some very interesting events happen later on in this arc and the main characters, Gon and killua, play an important role in them. I'm very interested in how they will be animated, though.
Aug 4, 2013 7:39 AM

Jul 2013
The King bitch slapped Pitou. Gotta keep your pimp hand strong.
Aug 4, 2013 7:54 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
batossai said:
Even if they did reach kites's level of strength it would not be close to enough to fight the king.

It seems you are misunderstanding HxH as another generic shounen. In HxH the MCs NEVER have to fight the big boss.

It's ironic you don't want this to turn into another generic shounen but you have the mindset to want the story progression to act like a generic shounen...
wakka9caAug 4, 2013 7:58 AM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 4, 2013 7:59 AM
Jul 2013
can't wait for the rest of the episodes.... I am more pumped up to see phantom troupe in action. i guess it would be 2-3 more episodes to go. I'm really excited to see Bonolenov nen ability to be animated. I'm quite surprise how beautiful his technique is. hehe. And Feitan too. wakokoko.....
darkwizard19Aug 4, 2013 8:13 AM
Aug 4, 2013 8:01 AM

Jun 2013
Some comments say that the episode had low budget

Can you point out an episode with high budget then?

The animation seemed pretty decent for me.
Aug 4, 2013 8:30 AM

May 2013
Great episode, the King looks epic. I expected Killua to lose, but Gon as well? They're clearly not ready for the big stage yet. :(
Aug 4, 2013 9:13 AM

Jul 2013
Great ep.

Everyone seems to be hyped about the king, but I was more interested in Colt/Team Netero, to be honest. Cant wait to see what happens there.
Aug 4, 2013 9:24 AM

Aug 2012
Episode was boring The king not as badass as the fans put him.
Aug 4, 2013 9:32 AM

Jul 2009
It begins.
Aug 4, 2013 9:49 AM

Jun 2009
It's a good thing to see not some bullshit made Killua and Gon somehow win the fight against far more superior enemies. I like that.
Aug 4, 2013 9:56 AM

Sep 2011
My god that king...
Aug 4, 2013 10:09 AM

Jan 2012
So many bitchslaps being given >:D that penguin got what was coming to him.
So manga readers I have a question for you. How many episodes are left for this arc to wrap up? No spoilers please!
you sound poor
Aug 4, 2013 10:23 AM

May 2013
MetalxSoldier said:
So many bitchslaps being given >. How many episodes are left for this arc to wrap up? No spoilers please!
Well,this episode cover chapters 213 and 214 of the manga,and the Chimera ant arc ends in chapter 318. It's veery long!
Aug 4, 2013 10:29 AM

Aug 2010
OMG the King is so damn crazy. He really lived up the hype. Definitely had one of the best anime entrances for a villian.This guy is just insane. I'm so hyped right now. This arc is turning out to be one of the best I've seen in shounen anime. I was surprised to see that Gon and Killua lost too. My eyes got a little watery at the end when Gon realized how weak he was. I really have no clue how this is going to end.

10/5
Ragna92Aug 4, 2013 10:32 AM
Aug 4, 2013 10:34 AM

Feb 2012
MetalxSoldier said:
So manga readers I have a question for you. How many episodes are left for this arc to wrap up? No spoilers please!

They have covered about 30 manga chapters now, and the arc has 130 chapters. So, there is a long road ahead.
Aug 4, 2013 11:08 AM

Nov 2012
Aaronide_ger said:
Some comments say that the episode had low budget

Can you point out an episode with high budget then?

The animation seemed pretty decent for me.

people are just repeating what they hear in you tube reviews..the animation in this episode as you said was pretty decent..and nice episode overall..

8.5/10

starting from this episode the tension will increase .
Aug 4, 2013 11:28 AM

Oct 2008
Salce said:
He is like Freezer and Cell combined.

Yeah, Cell is obvious; but I was also thinking that part of him resembles Freiza, especially how he tends to keep his arms folded and fights primarily with his tail.

I guess we now get to see what Gryo would have been like if he suddenly became a mutant ant freak monarch.
Aug 4, 2013 11:37 AM

Jan 2008
The king is even worse than Neferpitou.
Aug 4, 2013 11:56 AM

Feb 2012
n10sity said:
Salce said:
He is like Freezer and Cell combined.

Yeah, Cell is obvious; but I was also thinking that part of him resembles Freiza, especially how he tends to keep his arms folded and fights primarily with his tail.

I guess we now get to see what Gryo would have been like if he suddenly became a mutant ant freak monarch.

I think designed wise, the King is a combination of the quintessential shounen all-powerful, world dominating villains: Piccolo + Freeza (Body structure) + Cell. It's a deliberate design choice as readers can associate the form immediately. Chimera Ant arc is basically is Togashi's take on these types of perfect-form of overpowered villain. Of course he'd take it to a total different level than what you would expect...
Aug 4, 2013 12:32 PM

Feb 2012
Beautiful episode! The direction, the art direction choices, the voice acting...everything is done so well. The slow burn of the unsettling, ominous atmosphere throughout really gave me a haunted, dreaded feeling. Madhouse did an amazing job! The king's voice fits how i imagined him would be. The lack of empathy, the calmness but also...'young'... Poor Gon and Killua. I knew some people will be disappointed by the off-screen defeat..Their failure were spell out as clear as you get in the last episode. That shows you how people were just expecting the same old 'overcoming impossible obstacle power-up" cliche. I personally though that unexpected 'all showed up but turns out only Shoot+Knuckle gets to go" moment is awesome.
Aug 4, 2013 12:55 PM

Mar 2010
Loki0830 said:

You have to remember, his ultimate goal in this series is to find his father, Ging. Every other goal between that is simply a means to better himself, fail or no. You are looking at the series and assuming Gon will have to kill the King and defeat the Ants. Maybe you need to be reminded that Gon's goal isn't to defeat the King, it is to save Kite from the ants in NGL. Sure, Gon needs to become stronger, but why does he need to become as strong as the king to save Kite?

i see you do have a point about gon's ultimate goal is finding ging, i admit i kinda lost track of that. However his current goal of saving kite seems off to me, i mean the man is already dead, if we didnt know he was dead then that would be ok since its would be a relevant goal. I dont know maybe the execution could have been better but i cant seem to care as a viewer about his current goal since i know its futile. So what would be left for him to do if not try to save ngl or stop the ants? and if he only got strong enough to help kite escape then what can he do when he realizes that his goal isnt possible? i guess ill have to wait and see.
Aug 4, 2013 1:11 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
batossai said:
Loki0830 said:

i see you do have a point about gon's ultimate goal is finding ging, i admit i kinda lost track of that. However his current goal of saving kite seems off to me, i mean the man is already dead, if we didnt know he was dead then that would be ok since its would be a relevant goal. I dont know maybe the execution could have been better but i cant seem to care as a viewer about his current goal since i know its futile. So what would be left for him to do if not try to save ngl or stop the ants? and if he only got strong enough to help kite escape then what can he do when he realizes that his goal isnt possible? i guess ill have to wait and see.

Mod edit: spoiler tagged the spoiling spoilers
koleareAug 5, 2013 7:38 AM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 4, 2013 1:13 PM

Jul 2010
Hell, this episode was intense, totally a ZETSUBOU episode. The King is such a dick, but that's what I like about him. Also, those beautiful jumps, oh god. I even liked Pitou being tail-slapped.

I like where this is headed.
Aug 4, 2013 1:14 PM

Aug 2012
I like this anime
Aug 4, 2013 1:15 PM
Sep 2012
@Loki no. This series isn't so simple that they'd just be like other shonen (become hokage/pirate king/find ging)

Findng Gin itself is just one goal that is a means that helps Gon explore the world and the PEOPLE that live in that world (or creatures). I'm 99% sure that finding Ging wont be at the end, more like i the middle-ish... Afterward Gon goes on a joirney again, independently with his own journeys and destinations. (Also i remember in whale islabd killua said he'd stick with gon until he finds what he wants to do in life and now they are building up the separation of the two so they might go it alone) :(
Aug 4, 2013 1:17 PM

Feb 2012
batossai said:
Loki0830 said:

Just wait and see. Togashi is always unpredictable, you're using your limited imagination and expectation of cliche shounen to pigeon hole the plot and character direction. This arc is LONG and A LOT will be going on. Like someone said, in a story about WW2, our heroes might not be the one to take out Hitler but they're still contributing to a war in the whole picture and their personal growth and journey is a story worth telling. The fun part is..now we're introduced 4 very overpowered villains, how will the humans fight back. Seems impossible right? Given it's Togashi, there'll be awesome strategies without evolving your typical one-on-one type of battles nor battle of strength. It'd be all on teamwork, ability tricks and the war of informations.
Aug 4, 2013 1:20 PM
Sep 2012
As for the episode OMG the king is awesome
>.<
The MUSIC during the scene where he eats the girl is awesome (OST is out btw and it rocks)

Menthu's ability is really cool, colt switching sides and every ant going on its own, argghhh awesome.

Rip peggy :(

Gon and Kil lost, spoiled by preview but I still like that they didnt do it in a cliche way and make them just fodder obstacles
Aug 4, 2013 1:23 PM
Sep 2012
@batossai except Gon doesn't know, yea we know it's futile (duh) but that's not the point, Gon's so optimistic about this like some heroic shonen hero trotting into it all, I wanna see how he reacts when he sees the head (or puppet
Kite or w/e)
Aug 4, 2013 1:30 PM

Jun 2009
About Gon thinking Kite is still alive and us viewers knowing it's actually futile. I think that's actually pretty brilliant. We know his desire to save Kite is all for not, which kind of paints his optimism in saving him in a kind of sad light. At the same time, I think his believing against all odds and the sad reality is kind of beautiful. I'm extremely excited for when he inevitably finds out.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 4, 2013 1:31 PM

Aug 2012
batossai said:
Loki0830 said:

WTF? He is not dead yet, are you watching the same anime I am? Pitou healed him.
Aug 4, 2013 1:31 PM

Aug 2012
GUYS, HE IS NOT DEAD YET, PITOU HEALED HIM.
Aug 4, 2013 1:35 PM
Sep 2012
lupadim said:
Facepalm
No he just put him back together, rewatch violin scene, there was someone controlling him
Aug 4, 2013 1:39 PM
Sep 2009
Great episode, and lol at this thread, just let battosai see things for himself stop spoiling the series or trying to convince him based on goddamn spoilers.
Aug 4, 2013 2:01 PM

Oct 2008
HurricaneSweet said:
lupadim said:
Facepalm
No he just put him back together, rewatch violin scene, there was someone controlling him

Are you a manga reader? If so, please ignore my post. If not.... I don't think that "violin scene" serves as proof that Kite is still dead. I think it is safe to assume that he isn't alive in the conventional sense. And he is obviously being controlled. But it seems to me that in order for Kite to have any value and to be of any use to Pitou, he would need to be able to use nen. And how can one use nen if he has no aura aka life energy? Of course, I suppose his body could be simply a vessel for Pitou's nen and Kite's body is simply a doll. Still, I'm not ready to say he is alive or dead right now. He was definitely killed. But was he resurrected as a soulless meat puppet or a nen controlled zombie --- or something else? I'm waiting anxiously for that to be revealed in the anime. But you are probably right, Kite is probably just a dead doll.
n10sityAug 4, 2013 2:05 PM
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

60 by kihel »»
29 minutes ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.