Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Corpse Princess
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2009 12:55 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ok...this episode was actually pretty good. We get to see where the scars on Takamasa's body come from. And we get to see Itsuki berserk mode....

I guess the main reason you can't consider Shikabane as human is to avoid having too much emotion and attachment to them. But I guess it's not wrong to still consider them as partner and friend though. As long as you know your duty as a Kougon priest.

Keisei's appearance can mean either of the following:
-one of the Shichisei disguised itself as Keisei (using a skin mask?)
-one of the Shichisei has the power to revive people already dead as shikabane (unlikely though)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 30, 2009 2:12 PM

Nov 2007
Where did you happen to find the 4th episode btw? All I keep finding is the RAW versions for epi 4 & 5...no one subs them anymore?
Jan 30, 2009 3:25 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
ZzDaKid43zZ said:
Where did you happen to find the 4th episode btw? All I keep finding is the RAW versions for epi 4 & 5...no one subs them anymore?

Raws and chinese-subs... sorry, not everyone on MAL waits for english subs... D:
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 31, 2009 3:39 AM

Jul 2007
wakka9ca said:

Keisei's appearance can mean either of the following:
-one of the Shichisei disguised itself as Keisei (using a skin mask?)
-one of the Shichisei has the power to revive people already dead as shikabane (unlikely though)

i think this girl from the Shichisei at start of the episode was preparing for something.
i think it might be her faking keisei.

really good episode for once. nothing that bugged me this time.

*edit*

actually i watched the first few minutes again and now im pretty sure it's her:
she said things like
"im looking forward to see that shikabanehime's face when she sees 'this'" (meaning keisei i guess)
"there it's done" (while messing around with her face)
GuybrushJan 31, 2009 3:43 AM
Jan 31, 2009 4:28 AM

Aug 2008
This cheap drama is boring. I want 1st season action scenes back :/
Jan 31, 2009 10:32 AM

Jun 2007
Not a bad episode I'd say.
I don't really think Ouri won't make the same mistake as Takamasa did, just because he heard his story now though.

Well let's see what next episode brings.
Jan 31, 2009 10:36 AM
Mar 2008
Some okay background on Takamasa and Itsuki. What was really bugging me was Oori and Makina in their school uniforms lol. Oori left school for months and I thought Makina had some ward on her forehead while wearing that skimpy kimono and was knocked out lol, guess those priests had their way.
Jan 31, 2009 10:54 AM

Aug 2008
Really good episode. Easily better than any of the 13 episodes from Aka. I kind of would rather see a show about Takamasa and Itsuki rather than Oori and Makina.
Jan 31, 2009 12:17 PM

Nov 2008
Well, Nice ep even theres some flashbacks of Takamasa. Keisei's appearance O.o I really look for next ep
Jan 31, 2009 3:09 PM

Jun 2008
Good episode. I was pretty surprised when i saw Keisei, but it looks like that's not really him.
Jan 31, 2009 4:11 PM
Dec 2007
This episode just made me remember that Shikabane Hime's director is the same as Jinki:Extend, they are so similar...

Great episode by the way, I thought the flashback was misplaced in the beginning, but it turned out well, and the last few minutes were even very good. We now understand (just like Oori) why a contracted priest shouldn't get involved with a Shikabane Hime and why Makina and Oori's relationship can't be otherwise than wrong (as was Tagami's one with Makina). Oh and nice cliffhanger.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 31, 2009 8:01 PM
Apr 2008
Things are geting more interesting,
Feb 1, 2009 1:53 AM

Jun 2007
"Keisei" is clearly the glasses Shichisei. At the start she was changing her appearance. One of the other Schichisei even noticed when he walked into the room.

This episode explained some basic things we should already know about treating a Shikabane Hime as a human but it still hasn't explained what would happen if you made love to it. Would it affect you? Would anything happen? It's dead but could you produce an undead being through it? Maybe thats how Oori was brought about? Better yet maybe thats how Shichisei are born, Hokuto more specifically since she's unique. As sick as it is I'd still be interested in knowing since it's quite possible for it to happen.
Feb 2, 2009 3:37 PM

Dec 2008
DeathfireD you sick bas****.................

I like the way you think {:-)
Feb 3, 2009 2:34 PM

May 2008
Sick?? Nothing sick and or extreme is happening in this show?
It's just plain boring.. no extreme drama drama, no extreme action and no romantic character development (or its sooo fecking slow or taboo)..

Who cares about teh scars on Takamasa's body?

What I want to see is more focus on the main characters Makina and Oori ..
And how they will get (sickening) close and somehow (after messing around) forge a strong bond and kick ass...
And maybe at some point an extra love-triangle drama from one of his (living) classmates kicks in to make things more complicated between Oori and Makina .. blah blah..

If the creators could 'turn the wheel' and do somethin like this .. except for filling this show up with meaningless action scenes/stories..
Then Shikabane Hime Kuro could still become a decent show.. but I have my doubts..
Feb 15, 2009 3:45 PM

Oct 2008
The more twisted this becomes, I guess I understand it more..

Feb 15, 2009 10:54 PM

May 2007
I feel like I just got the other story of the first season, you know Gainax had this story and Ouri's story and they choose Ouri.

I actually liked this episode, and I know that isn't Keisei, but Makina, who is already nuts, doesn't.
My anime list
Feb 17, 2009 10:09 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That was a really weird episode, but the end rocked. Even though it's somewhat confusing.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 17, 2009 10:11 AM

Feb 2008
Pretty nice episode... but srsly... what's going on? Oô
I'm a bit confused.
Feb 19, 2009 6:33 AM

Aug 2008
Liked Takamasa's past, but it seems that in this season everytime the Shikabane Hime fight there clothes always get mostly ripped off @.@
Jun 16, 2009 4:32 AM

Jan 2008
Holy crap, got to be a fake Keisei right?
Feb 18, 2013 12:40 AM
Jul 2018
Dang, this episode may have been my favorite so far. I really liked seeing Takamasa's and Itsuki's backstory. That was actually pretty sad.

I'm sure it's that one member of the Seven Stars at the end, but it'll be interesting to see everyone else's reaction and finding out what his plan is.
Jul 2, 2014 1:30 AM
Mar 2013
The Takamasu and Itsuki backstory was awesome. I was really curious about what happened to him after they showed us his scar in the previous episode.

So Itsuki herself almost killed Takamasu just like how Makina almost killed Oori as well. I wonder, can there ever truly be romance between a human and a shikabane hime. I hope so, but the outlook seems bleak.

And damn them for ending the episode on a cliffhanger. I'm 100000% sure that is not Keisei that we see at the end there. It's probably Ena, the artistic one of the Sichisei.
Apr 16, 2015 9:01 AM
Jun 2013
well we got a info dump about takamasa and itsuki past. It was pretty interesting though im confused why itsuki transformed since I thought that only happens when the shikiba hime goes nuts or when their monks die,but none of that happened. Though I understood why he screwed up the first time. To tell the girl you love to kill your best friend must not be easy. Also if these people really think that kesie then they are truly morons.
Aug 6, 2017 11:22 PM

May 2015
Takamasa past... I was happy but at the same time sad because of the circumstances that he had to end(?) his relationship with Itsuki...

That cliffhanger tho
Apr 1, 2018 4:03 AM

May 2016
Itsuki's form is crazy strong, I wish she could control it though, I really enjoyed Takamasa's past.
Jun 3, 2020 4:38 AM
Jul 2019
Takamasa definitely took away a warped lesson from that experience. He shouldn’t deny his feelings for Istuki just because she has power. If anything he should’ve just focused on not hesitating to eliminate other Shikabane. This show is putting me to sleep with this repetitive “shikabane hime are defiled tools” angle. Maybe at the time this was made it was a decent plot but nowadays it’s pretty lame lol
Oct 13, 2022 12:19 AM
Apr 2018
“shikabane hime are defiled tools” let's give an example... oh wait, that was nothing to do with “shikabane hime are defiled tools” lol. The Monk just hesitated in sending an order to kill a shikabane. What has that got to been attracted to a zombie woman? Spoilers... NOTHING.

How about this- if you fall in love with one, she devours your SOUL? Hmm or if you fall in love with one, you become a shikabane with her. I dunno... pretty simple mechanic. Every character just dodges the "why" and when they try to explain “shikabane hime are defiled tools” they fail miserably.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Kuro Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

wakka9ca - Mar 28, 2009

99 by HyperdriveYT »»
Oct 13, 2022 12:58 AM

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Kuro Episode 1 Discussion

sniW - Jan 1, 2009

41 by Ronninn »»
May 20, 2022 3:58 AM

» season 3?

gregory003 - Jul 8, 2011

11 by Silent_Shadow05 »»
Oct 22, 2021 12:41 AM

» How to finish story?

Wen_tnuocca - Jul 2, 2021

0 by Wen_tnuocca »»
Jul 2, 2021 8:33 AM

» Where to start reading the manga

saif_shdeafat - Apr 27, 2019

1 by KreatorX »»
Apr 27, 2019 2:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.