Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 2, 2013 11:05 AM

Jan 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

G-G-G-G-GATCHMAN!! <---- I need the full version of this song so bad

Utsusuu's power is cloning and I think she can't touch things or they die but she can also bring things to life.

Paiman and O.D. are hiding secrets about Katze from the group.

Holy crap Miyano is such a crazy awesome villian. Rui can't keep him in check and breaks down.
VioLinkAug 2, 2013 1:42 PM
[center]
Aug 2, 2013 11:06 AM

Nov 2011
>The crowds are calling my name.
Gold.

So dangerous. Decent episode I guess, the action was pretty good. Gatchaaaammannnn. The guy still creeps me out though. Shit went down.
Aug 2, 2013 11:11 AM

Oct 2012
Was that a deathflag at the end?

Another awesome episode. I really want that OST.
KoybzAug 2, 2013 11:17 AM
Aug 2, 2013 11:16 AM

Jan 2011
Somebody posted this in the stream:

Koybz said:

Nooo joe ;_;
[center]
Aug 2, 2013 12:31 PM

Jan 2012
VioLink said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

G-G-G-G-GATCHMAN!! <---- I need the full version of this song so bad

DAT OST >______<

Great episode, everyone seems to rely heavily on GALAX. Kinda interesting, that one area that Hajime pointed out had a police station, self-defence base etc, yet it seems that the GALAX-network is what everyone is turning too.

This episode made O.D sound like a badass XD

VioLink said:
Koybz said:

Nooo joe ;_;

Exactly what i was thinking!! He seemed pumped after he left the bar, really hope he kicks Uchuujin-kun's Ass.
Aug 2, 2013 12:33 PM

Jan 2011
Well that episode cleared up a few things but raised even more questions. And yes, I'm afraid it's a death flag for Jou....Actually they amassed quite a body count in this episode, although they didn't show the gore or all of the impacts (hence Jou laying flowers where the couple was presumably killed (offscreen) by the careening car).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 2, 2013 12:39 PM

Apr 2013
Ahh so much happened this week; Jou's bird, Utsu-tsu's cloning powers, the CROWDS. I'm loving the OST more every week.

I was really interested in Pai and OD's conversation about their previous encounters with the alien. I wonder why Pai said OD can't spread his wings. Maybe a flashback episode will happen sometime soon.

I don't know how I feel about that JJ burning that bird. Be really depressing if Jou dies this early in the season.
MillsAug 3, 2013 1:39 PM
Aug 2, 2013 12:43 PM
Jun 2013
I love the way that they show how technology (specifically GALAX) is a double-edged sword and a paradox in and of itself. Its main goal is to bring and connect people together but at the same time it's also pulling society apart (like when people say all they need to rely on is GALAX and how it can be used to replace the law enforcement and political bodies).

Finally we got to see Joe's transformation :D (but yes that ending was a total death flag. poop.)

I think seeing Rui break down after that mass accident is going to be a critical turning point for his character and it'll be interesting to see what he does next. It also seemed like it was different from the Rui that we knew for the past few episodes, who was always calm and controlled and all of a sudden he finds himself not the one in control and almost being the cause of the chaos in his immediate surroundings. The shock value must be enormous.

Another awesome episode so I'm very satisfied.
Aug 2, 2013 12:46 PM

Jul 2013
nice
Aug 2, 2013 1:09 PM

Jun 2012
Whoa..... These episodes are surprisingly dense. So much stuff to go over and think about

So to summarize, the Crowds are a manifestation of Ruii's soul in tandem with his Note given to him by Berg Katze. BK gave Ruii the power to create GALAX for, from Ruii's point of view, good intentions. However Ruii is playing right into BK's strings with everyone slowly becoming dependent on GALAX.

In order for become people to become dependent on GALAX, Berg Katze causes chaos to force people to use it which in turn(depending on the severity of the situation) forces Rui to use the Crowds. It makes sense now why last week Ruii said he wanted to avoid using the CROWDS because he wants GALAX to actually work

I'm assuming once GALAX has gained the complete trust of the world, Berg Katze is in turn going to make the CROWDS/GALAXters destroy each other/themselves just as OD and Paiman said the "demon" has done to other worlds in the past.

OD and Utsusu continue to be the wildcards/x-factors of the Gatchaman. Their powers are implied to be the most powerful while at the same time carry the heaviest burden.

- You know shit is getting real once OD and Paiman are serious
- Don't burn up Joe-san ;_; I don't like that foreshadowing
HybridMBLAug 2, 2013 2:25 PM
Aug 2, 2013 1:10 PM
Dec 2012
Rui shouldn't have made a pact with the alien. I was disappointed in him.

The episode was intriguing enough to glue me to the screen.
Aug 2, 2013 2:04 PM

Jul 2013
So I'm a little confused about the CROWDS. Are they artificial intelligence or are people actually controlling them? Not much fighting this episode, but I suppose we can expect a lot of that next week. I hope we get to see O.D fight soon too!
Aug 2, 2013 2:06 PM

Dec 2009
Things are starting to come together now.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Aug 2, 2013 2:26 PM

Mar 2010
Okay, this OST is a must-have. I have so many Jet Set Radio vibes from it that I can't handle not having it on my iPod.

That being said, this show is really impressive. The story itself is budding in a way that involves blunt details (characters explicitly explaining or talking about GALAX and who Gatchamen are etc), but also letting the story subtly drop hints and pieces of what's to come without really giving it all away (The whole concept of the Internet becoming a monster is really perfect timing honestly). Plus, again, the music and the art itself (I'm probably biased because the guy who made Tsuritama made this one too and Tsuritama was really good) are just unique and eye-catching.

I really can't wait for more characterization on all the characters. In particular, if they kill off Jou, I am gonna be sad, but I really think someone is gonna die during this (It feels like a show that would play with that topic). Otherwise, I really hope they dive into the backstory more. And if they can pull this off, I may put this in my list of favorites. <3
Aug 2, 2013 2:32 PM

Aug 2007
Wow so much has happen in this episode. It looks like the story is about to start its roller coaster of events.
Aug 2, 2013 2:44 PM

May 2012
VioLink said:

Koybz said:

Nooo joe ;_;

I thought the vocalist is a girl! So surprised to see that it is a guy.
I hope no Gatchaman will die. And I like the voice of the villain. Creepy as ever.
Aug 2, 2013 2:56 PM

May 2013
Getting interesting.
Aug 2, 2013 3:12 PM

Feb 2009
Changing the world is never a good idea, things always go south so quickly!
Aug 2, 2013 4:54 PM

Jan 2009
so the alien and rui are both gatchaman too this anime is gatchaman vs gatchaman
Aug 2, 2013 5:25 PM

Aug 2011
I don't like Joe's potential death flag. ;__; Not him please anyone but him. Actually no one. JUST DON'T KILL PEOPLE I LIKE.

I'm really scared. This episode was amazing though, my favourite out of the five out so far.
Aug 2, 2013 6:27 PM

Apr 2009
Awwwwww shit Joe
Aug 2, 2013 6:31 PM

Apr 2012
This is getting darker than I had expected.
Also
Aug 2, 2013 7:06 PM

Nov 2012
i hope jou doesnt die. come on hes cool.

and oh my god rui baby im so sorry, but why would you trust an alien? when he broke down it made me kinda upset ):

im wondering about the mystery behind OD too
Aug 2, 2013 7:12 PM

Nov 2012
Why does Utsu-tsu keep saying I'm dreamy?
Aug 2, 2013 7:25 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
jayvon said:
Why does Utsu-tsu keep saying I'm dreamy?
One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice, when she's ten feet tall
Aug 2, 2013 7:34 PM

Apr 2012
It will be too bad if Jou dies :(
Aug 2, 2013 8:33 PM

Apr 2010
Ugh, someone kill that thing.

Aug 2, 2013 8:38 PM

Jul 2012
Great Episode!!!
Aug 2, 2013 8:56 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
VioLink said:

Amazing OP. The fact that the vocalist is a guy is even more crazy.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 2, 2013 9:17 PM
Apr 2013
Berg Katze's voice is too funny - looks like he/she enjoys trollng the characters......Rui-Rui~ XD

Damn...another week of waiting to go
Aug 2, 2013 9:42 PM

Dec 2012
I just don't get why Berg Katze revealed himself to Rui. I thought she (he?) was going to keep manipulating him...
Aug 2, 2013 9:55 PM

Jan 2013
That was alright
Aug 2, 2013 10:26 PM
Aug 2011
Nice, it's tying things together but nooooo that ending.
Aug 2, 2013 10:36 PM

Nov 2012
VioLink said:
Joe's gatchman was awesome.
Stark700 said:

Always nice to hear Miyano's voice
Koybz said:

Was thinking the same thing.

Also thought it was nice when Joe left those flower where that couple were killed,it was just a nice thing to see.
Aug 2, 2013 10:40 PM

Feb 2013
Well, this episode has proven to be my favorite so far. We are finally getting into the meat of the story. We find that there is another game in town called the CROWDS who are pretty much GALAX's version of Gatchaman. Unfortunately, they don't look nearly as good. However, they do get the job done, and do some extra PR for GALAX at the same time.

This turns out to be a very bad thing as we find out what I have suspected all along, that GALAX is a tool for quite evil purposes. It's creator the young transvestite Rui, is chosen and manipulated by the psychotic, world-destroying demonic alien, Berg-katze. This alien is so evil that it has even caused Paiman and OD to clam up and request that none of the others even mess with him.

It seems that Pai-chan and OD have had past encounters with Berg and that Berg killed Pai's best friend and has killed many worlds by leading them to their own destruction. OD gives us a bit of foreshadowing when talking about the first time he went against Berg and that if he ever "unfurled his wings" again he would set the world on fire.

Now, all this tells us a lot. It's quite possible that OD is an alien himself (and not just a weird effeminate male) since he has encountered Berg and worked with Pai-Pai before. Also, he hints that not only is he extremely powerful, but that he possess powers outside of that of Gatchaman.

The same goes for Utsutsu, who it seems can not only make infinite copies of herself at will, but can also has the touch of death as well as the touch of life and not touch a living being for risk of hurting them.

Berg himself is quite the evil mysterious mastermind in this, making dire riddles and predictions and killing people left and right using the evil of their own hearts. He has not only made the contract with Rui, which is where the guy got his NOTE, but through Rui, his alien tech has infiltrated through the entire world as GALAX, but has also made 100 subsequent contract using the 100 members of CROWDS.
Rui himself is grateful but suspicious of his flamboyant alien benefactor, and it isn't until the end that he realizes how evil the creature that has become the master of his soul really is. However, at this point his is too far in this and has no idea of where to go from here. He stubbornly insists that Gatchaman doesn't exist and he won't resort to heroes. He insists that someway he will use CROWDS, even though that will no doubt backfire since it was Berg's tech that was used to create the CROWDS.

Meanwhile, there is other development in places. We find out that Jou, while now is no match for Berg, is determined to beat him. Sugune was somehow saved by Jou in the past and Jou is the sole reason Sugune got into Gatchaman. Utsutsu and Hajime get into a conversation, and we get some development about the little, silent green haired girl who has decided to say more than "I'm dreamy." for once. Hajime...is still Hajime. I still don't like her, and I get the feeling that I never will.

However, now it seems that thing may take a dark turn as Jou may be stepping into certain danger. He is determined to take on Berg, who we know has no qualms about killing. And forebodingly, on of JJ's birds (the red one) has gone up in flames. This coincides with Jou's declaration of being a hero in that previous scene, as well as the fact that his awesome Gatchaman form his mostly orangish-red with flames. Jou is my favorite character so far... but even I will not dare to guess what happens next. o_o

This was a really good episode with lots of development for both the plot and the characters. I give it an 8.5/10.
IreneshardaAug 2, 2013 10:43 PM
Aug 2, 2013 11:02 PM

Jul 2013
Irenesharda said:

I put your post in a spoiler tag to save space, but your review on this episode is almost exactly like how I felt about, only difference is that I don't mind Hajime really, more so, I respect for her ideals. But, with that part towards the end where we saw JJ burn that red bird, I wouldn't consider the worst to happen to Jou. I mean, it's most likely possible, especially when Paiman said that Katze has killed one of his friends, but you never know, this show just might surprise us(I hope, because I don't want to see Jou go away).
Aug 3, 2013 1:40 AM

Feb 2011
VioLink said:

Koybz said:

Nooo joe ;_;

Epicness overload <3
Aug 3, 2013 2:59 AM

Oct 2009
Joe is a phoenix, he can't die... maybe.
Damn it J.J. say something!
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Aug 3, 2013 3:20 AM

Jun 2013
great episode. we had some important character development this week. i'm still hoping that the burning bird is katze burning in joe's flames but i really doubt it :( specially since it gave that atmosphere that someone is going to die soon.
Aug 3, 2013 3:25 AM

Mar 2013
Mamoru Miyano's voice it's fantastic, fits perfect on his diabolic, exotic and extravagant character. And I'm glad Hajime didn't talk to much this episode, she annoys me sometimes. At least she got some interaction with Utsu-tsu (so cute by the way) pretty decent episode.
Aug 3, 2013 3:33 AM

Apr 2009
That was a lot to soak in. Man, what a great episode. And I hope Joe doesn't die;(. His gatchaman is freaking awesome. Must have the full version of that song. It constantly plays in my head. I haven't skip the OP yet.lol.
Aug 3, 2013 3:54 AM

Aug 2012
wakka9ca said:
VioLink said:

Amazing OP. The fact that the vocalist is a guy is even more crazy.

He also looks exactly like Rui.
.................................................................................
Aug 3, 2013 4:14 AM

May 2013
Nice episode! =)

If somebody cares "Berg Katze" is german and means "Mountain Cat".
Quite the unusal name for a villain but still kind of fitting for someone so crazy and strange, the voice actor does a really good job!
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Aug 3, 2013 4:26 AM
Jun 2013
I think what Ive seen most in this thread is the interest in OD, and expanding on that, what he will be able to do when his time comes.
I for one can't wait to see him fuck someones shit up, hard.
yoloswag420blazeitfgt
Aug 3, 2013 6:56 AM

May 2012
Bad episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Aug 3, 2013 8:40 AM

Jul 2013
Now THIS was a great episode :) .. at least better than the last one.
Aug 3, 2013 9:24 AM
Dec 2012
I don't think Joe is going to die, at least not soon. This character has far to little miles on him. They've still got his past to explore, and his awesome suit hasn't gotten the awesome fight it demands. Then again, I was also wrong about Kamina.

allyallykat said:
I love the way that they show how technology (specifically GALAX) is a double-edged sword and a paradox in and of itself. Its main goal is to bring and connect people together but at the same time it's also pulling society apart (like when people say all they need to rely on is GALAX and how it can be used to replace the law enforcement and political bodies).
Yes, but we still needs something to establish that replacing law enforcement with GalaX is actually a bad thing.

Hybridbloodszak said:
So to summarize, the Crowds are a manifestation of Ruii's soul
Not just Ruii's soul, I don't think. I think the Crowds are the souls of all of the hundred, one for each, or something like that.

One thing that struck me was that in Rui's dream Berg pulled Rui's soul out in the form of a Crowd, in the same way that JJ pulled Hajime's soul out in the form of a Notebook. I'm feeling very good about the idea that Crowds and Gatchaman are two sides of the same coin, maybe even the same thing.

Was anyone reminded of Niconico Douga, when they saw text scrolling accross the eye/heads/faces of the Crowds?
Aug 3, 2013 10:23 AM
Jan 2011
So Rui is Katze Bergs pawn after all, it don't look like that GALAX is to be use for good.

Btw: Can any body tell me if Rui is a guy or a gal? co'z the character'd info says it a guy but in the anime it sound like a gal and it dresses like a one.
Aug 3, 2013 10:46 AM
Dec 2012
Nasty001 said:
So Rui is Katze Bergs pawn after all, it don't look like that GALAX is to be use for good.

Btw: Can any body tell me if Rui is a guy or a gal? co'z the character'd info says it a guy but in the anime it sound like a gal and it dresses like a one.

It's a guy. Yes, he cross dresses in public, maybe we'll even find out why.
Aug 3, 2013 11:32 AM

Sep 2009
I don't it's a death flag for Jou. There has to be a meaning of it.. like letting go or something that a character change and wants to be stronger than before.. You know, like other series where a main character needs to change to become strong. :D
I think that's it.

Other than that, I kinda hate this episode. Where's the Gatchaman? I thought that they'll show up.. :'( Poor Rui. He's taking all of this mess. He thinks that there's no "hero".
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Jul 12, 2013

299 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 7, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

122 by CartoonVelocirap »»
Dec 14, 2023 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

VioLink - Sep 27, 2013

213 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 19, 2023 4:49 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

93 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 19, 2023 2:31 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

VioLink - Sep 13, 2013

103 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 18, 2023 1:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.