Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 3, 2013 12:21 PM

Oct 2009
Zel_Ezl said:
I don't it's a death flag for Jou. There has to be a meaning of it.. like letting go or something that a character change and wants to be stronger than before.. You know, like other series where a main character needs to change to become strong. :D
I think that's it.

Perhaps so, because I have seen the white bird (correspond to Hajime note color) changed form in ep. 2 when she captured MESS without killing it. However... on episode 3 (perhaps a foreshadowing) Utsu-tsu was given a red origami paper by Hajime.. knowing her ability, well, perhaps.

azzuReAug 3, 2013 12:33 PM
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Aug 3, 2013 4:21 PM
Dec 2012
I'm thinking fire may have larger meanings in this universe and the Gatchaman organization.

If you compare Joe's suit to the other two we've seen you might notice that his abilities are a bit odd, even underwhelming. Hajime's can "create anything" and the other one has "infinite reach". These are deep powers that require some stipulation and explanation before they can be used. Joe's on the other hand manipulates fire, fairly straight forward. If Joe's suit comes from his soul, why does it have a fire theme? Because he's a smoker? It's all very shallow at face value. I'm thinking fire in this context may have larger meanings, in which case Joe's abilities might be more then meets the eye, when Katze Bergs talks about setting the world on fire he means something more sinister and mysterious then just wrecking the planet, and that death flag we are all seeing might be a misinterpretation.
Aug 3, 2013 5:16 PM

Jan 2012
I'm really liking this show
Aug 3, 2013 10:45 PM
Apr 2013
"....big, red blaze"

With Jou's fire theme and the bird burning away....I wouldn't be surprised if Berg Katze somehow manages to steals his Gatchaman power to manipulate fire or duplicate it for his own uses like how he take people's forms. Then again, maybe thats how he got JJ's Note making powers by replicating and corrupting it?

Damn, the more I replay that conversation OD and Pai-Pai had - the more I'm wondering just what powers does OD have...its probably something elemental related as his scene in the OP hints...and probably something very destructive.
Aug 4, 2013 11:29 AM

Jan 2013
Jou's Gatchaman face rocks!

Aug 4, 2013 12:40 PM

Oct 2011
Interesting development. Berg was the one Pai and O D fought back then. GALAX has saved people from monorail. GALAX is both good and bad. Joe's death flag 0___0
Aug 4, 2013 2:49 PM

Feb 2011
It was adorable. I really fall in love with that psycho villain, his voice (。♥‿♥。) I re watched his dialog with Rui for couple times, all that unnecessary emphasis ♡^▽^♡ Also MC's characters, who they are, what they live with all this is quite interesting and made you to think... Hope next episodes will be as great as this one was ^_^

OP song, can't wait for it's release, it's gorgeous ^_^ I also though the singer is female and was little bit disappointed when "she" appeared to be he, but this fact doesn't influenced my desire to have this song ^_^
Aug 4, 2013 4:04 PM

Nov 2009
i seriously dont understand what is up with people in anime and their fixation on not drinking underage. not just this episode but in several other anime. every time someone offered me alcohol as a minor i downed it in a sip and proclaimed, "THANK YOU SIR MAY I HAVE ANOTHER!" thats the normal route of things isnt it.

are they really just trying to set a good example for teens through the media? thats clearly not a requisite in America and I think were all pretty well adjusted. (most of us). hahaaaaaa

All jokes aside, im loving this anime more every second, minute, hour, bigger, better, stronger, power. i hope next episode has more hajime
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2013 4:24 PM

Jan 2011
Full version of the OP MV posted earlier.

That ending.
VioLinkAug 4, 2013 4:29 PM
[center]
Aug 4, 2013 4:37 PM
Jun 2013
Goddamn epic MV ^.
Seriously said this before, and I mean it, I want OD to fuck someones shit up hardcore. I don't know why, but him being fabulous has to correlate to his power somehow. LOL
yoloswag420blazeitfgt
Aug 4, 2013 4:59 PM

Nov 2009
VioLink said:
Full version of the OP MV posted earlier.

That ending.

the music in this show is out of control awesome
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2013 10:46 AM

Oct 2007
Shirubaasouru said:
Bad episode.

Every episode has failed to deliver so far for sure. The show is kind of an incomprehensible mess of concepts at this point and shows no sign of getting any better and worst of all it's just plain not interesting for me. It's yet another drop from this summer season and easily the biggest disappointment cause at the start of the season it looked to have the most potential of anything I wanted to check out. I don't know if I should blame the director, the writer or the people funding it but it seems like a combination of all of the above as it's just not coming together at all for me.
Aug 5, 2013 12:13 PM

Jun 2008
Koybz said:
Was that a deathflag at the end?

Yeah, clear death flag although you could say it was raised even before that.
Aug 5, 2013 2:58 PM

Jul 2010
Loved this episode like the others, I really hope Joe doesn't die. Also, does anyone know when the OST will come out? I'm already screaming around my house, G-G-GATCHAAAMAAAAAN.

Taku Iwasaki is the man.

rebelakuma said:
VioLink said:
Somebody posted this in the stream:

Koybz said:
Was that a deathflag at the end?
Another awesome episode. I really want that OST.

Nooo joe ;_;

I thought the vocalist is a girl! So surprised to see that it is a guy.
I hope no Gatchaman will die. And I like the voice of the villain. Creepy as ever.

Me too, damn. I really didn't expect the singer as a guy, this show is full of traps, even the singer.
Not that is necessarily a bad thing but .. lol.

How can someone dislike this purest form of beauty?
Aug 5, 2013 11:54 PM

Jan 2008
Godammit, it's shit like casting Miyano as incredible dislikeable characters like Katze Berg that make me hate Miyano's voice overall. I can't watch anything anymore where he is genuinely really good like voicing Setsuna from Gundam 00, without being reminded of his less than appealing roles in other shows, which just make me cringe with disgust now. I think he might want to take a break from voice acting for a year or two and hopefully after that do a voice where it doesn't make me want to jab my ear drums out until they bleed.

That being said...Hajime's personality is incredibly annoying to me as well; although her heart is in the right place, she's just a little too happy-go-lucky. But dammit, her voice actress's previous role as Rikka was freak'n adorable, and she sings a knock-out ending song to Gatchaman that makes me think my ears won't have to bleed for another week.

Edit: Dunno about what others thought about the vocalist of White Ash being a girl, but I always thought it was a guy from the start, although I guess I could see where they're coming from. However, he kind of reminds me of (in appearance only) to Rui in the show.
Estoy_GordoAug 5, 2013 11:59 PM
Aug 6, 2013 3:25 PM

Jun 2012
My interest in this anime is growing each episode.
+ them EDM OSTs... I'm so looking forward to full soundtrack release
Aug 7, 2013 7:34 AM
Dec 2012
aelove said:
i seriously dont understand what is up with people in anime and their fixation on not drinking underage. not just this episode but in several other anime. every time someone offered me alcohol as a minor i downed it in a sip and proclaimed, "THANK YOU SIR MAY I HAVE ANOTHER!" thats the normal route of things isnt it.

I can't speak for the general population but I have always hated alcohol, as a 21 year old I continue to hate alcohol and I would not be surprised if I continue to hate alcohol. It is a bad drink.
Sugane, may be like me and dislike the taste of alcohol, in fact I think he does. He may also be a goody two shoes and just follow the law. Either way, I don't think it matters. Regardless of what it says about Sugane to turn down a drink, it does seem like Joe's character to offer a drink and it does seem like Sugane's character to turn down a drink. That's enough reason right there to include this little bit of interaction.
Aug 7, 2013 10:24 AM

Jan 2011
Akanezora said:

How can someone dislike this purest form of beauty?

She even has a part-time job!
[center]
Aug 7, 2013 4:20 PM

Jan 2010
I never thought we'ed get to see the other characters transformations :o
OJ WHAT IS YOUR VOICE OMG
Poor utsutsu :c
still confused about rui
poor rui </3 imo
jou in glasses and hair tied <3 :o
Aug 8, 2013 11:18 AM

Jul 2012
That burning bird... Oh God, Jou no, you're too awesome to die this early!
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

Aug 9, 2013 10:12 AM

Aug 2012
Hajime FTW

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Aug 12, 2013 4:33 AM

May 2013
Hmmm i still didn't understand this anime, but there is only a low possibility of me dropping this .because i only drop shit anime
Aug 13, 2013 7:48 AM
Jul 2018
Akanezora said:
Taku Iwasaki is the man.
Aug 14, 2013 6:02 PM

Sep 2012
wow, Joes Gatcha form was pretty epic
Aug 19, 2013 9:10 AM

Oct 2012
The running gag are starting to get hold in this. O.D and pai-pai are having quite the deep secret there. Rui have quite the trap-play once more.
Aug 19, 2013 11:43 PM

Jul 2008
Well that clears up many things and lays the foundation for the rest of the series.

Its been nice knowing you Jou, shame we didn't learn more.
Aug 28, 2013 6:02 AM
Oct 2007
Everytime the alien says anything, I expect him to say Gareki-chan
Sep 1, 2013 5:44 AM
Sep 2013
anyone else notices that every time one of them uses their powers, JJ has to make a new bird in their colour? its like they are linked to his paper birds :O
Oct 7, 2013 8:09 AM

May 2012
Pretty nice development, I really like where this is going!
Nov 23, 2013 8:50 AM
May 2012
Fuck, that's too much!!!

I can't handle it!!!

I'll just watch the next episode and see what happens :3
Dec 1, 2013 8:43 AM

May 2013
Very good episode. i enjoyed it very much
Jan 3, 2014 4:18 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
GALAX can be very counterproductive at many levels. There are many kinds of human activity, where things are best left to the experts and not well meaning bystanders.

The OST is top notch as always.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 3, 2014 6:24 PM

Jul 2013
this episode is now turning to get a bit interesting, can't wait to see more of this.
Jan 5, 2014 5:02 AM

May 2013
Joe's Bird is pretty awesome.

OD and Paiman have a secret history that I want to find more about.
Utsu-tsu is still cute! (^_^)

So Rui is working for Berg-Katze, making him a bad guy. But then he saves people and becomes sad when Berg-Katze started running people over with a car.
Is he good or is he bad?

Dat ending. I don't want Joe to go yet. (T_T)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
May 8, 2014 10:43 AM
Apr 2014
Berg Katze being awesome (and creepy, who knows how many planets he has ruined already), turns out he's the one who gave Rui her power: the Crowds.

Looks like Utsuutsu is somewhat special; her rigth hand kills life, her left hand creates (revives?) it, it seems. And she can officially clone herself. Wonder what her role is gonna be.

Rui finally realizing that BK didn't have any good intentions with giving him that power, as everyone is becoming completely dependent on GALAX and ignoring governmental institutions. Shit's going down, and Joe's gonna try and do something about it. Curious about D.O.'s past now.
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
Sep 21, 2014 2:28 AM

Feb 2013
Damn. There's a lot of death in this episode. Now we know where crowds comes from. Job's bird looks pretty damn awesome. I hope that wasn't a death flag at the end. The red paper bird burning up at the end. Gatcha! Good episode.
Dec 11, 2014 10:55 AM
Jun 2013
It was nice to see joes transformation at last. It also seems berg is actually a really big threat I mean dam he just ran over and killed 17 people in this episode. I hope we get more background on this guys since it seems hes ungodly strong and has the power to give powers as well.
Jan 17, 2015 7:35 AM
Jan 2012
Joe's Bird is nice and I am wondering if he will die in the next episode, since the red bird burned right before the ending sequence.

GALAX finally backfired.
Mar 26, 2015 2:45 PM

Jun 2014
Joe's bird looks like a phoenix combined with Iron Man

GALAX is the dollars 3.0

Jan 2, 2017 9:09 AM
Apr 2015
poor utsutsu :(
poor rui :(
Jul 23, 2017 1:02 PM
Jul 2016
Hajime needs to be roofied or to smoke a few bowls. This bitch is so fucking annoying.
Sep 28, 2017 3:50 PM

Jun 2013
OD and Utsutsu finally showed some signs of depth. Utsutsu and Hajime's conversation had a fun direction.

I like Rui, but his breakdown was way too narmy, and the whole scene with the vehicle ramming attack had no weight. His dream was kind of interesting at least.

While I appreciate that the show seems to have "calmed down" a little bit, the episode is still kind of a drag, even though people are dying left and right...

Random observation: I don't understand the adventure tag; whose adventure is this supposed to be? The Gatchaman are just randomly wasting their time around town, and Rui is pretty stationery, too.
LeeTailorSep 28, 2017 3:57 PM
Sep 26, 2020 3:34 PM

Aug 2017
Somehow Joe vs Berg's confrontation shifted from taking place in the evening in ep.3 to the night here...change in lighting. And did people not see Berg *before* the amnesia effect? Huh? Joe was going for the "Go Bird" move in the previous episode but cancelled it?

Oh, speaking of the rose motif (origami, Rui's bed) - amnesia effect also has a visual rose effect. And JJ's pillows are rose-shaped... I also like how Joe used his amnesia effect while running past the "Magnolia" sign. Given this plant's "abilities"...smart shot composition.

"Everyone will go up in a big, red blaze" - Joe's head starts burning

The sign on the building Rui was standing on said "クーブルカーのリば". Can't translate it accurately.

Regarding the color parallels from my previous post: Berg also has red nails (just like Rui)

Pai-Pai and OD were playing in a place that looked like a tree of life. Looks like OD has a Gatchaman "form" (contrary to his statements before) but it's very destructive, I suppose? He does look dangerous in the OP.

Lol'd at Hajime talking about police and firefighters with the camera switching to flowers. Well, it was connected to Utsutsu of course. Her tights also had a flower motif.

Judging by Rui's dream, Katze Berg is a being similar to JJ... His dream also has a scene from some parliamentary debates, I assume. Maybe connected to the corruption investigation going on in the background and translated on TV? Oh, and Rui was standing on a chessboard, suggesting that he's merely a pawn (surrounded by skulls).

"I'm going to make the world accelerate" - this guy is into contemporary philosophy, huh. Biting nails is a bad habit, by the way!

Hajime said the same phrase about "big, red blaze" as Katze Berg! Or maybe it's just the translators' quirk.

That scene with a mom and a kid had some character masks in the background haha. Scream, Spider Man, etc.

Looks like the number of UPs = the amount of people who agreed to help. Also: Katze's kisses have some sort of a temporary amnesia effect on the victims? I still wonder whether people see Katze or not. And I hope Rui's breakdown took place before the amnesia effect worn off.

Bartender: "Did something good happen?" - I see what you did here, an Oshino Meme reference! Joe changed his style to go to a bar haha.

Joe has a red glow aroung him in the ED, and the bird that burned was red...death flag?

Utsusuu's power is cloning and I think she can't touch things or they die but she can also bring things to life.

Cool indeed.

P.S. I wonder if the way Katze poses in the air means anything or is just for show.
St0rmbladeSep 26, 2020 4:53 PM
Jan 3, 2023 8:48 PM

Aug 2018
this show is really hard to follow. There's so much to take in all at once. Hopefully it starts making sense soon.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Jul 12, 2013

299 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 7, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

122 by CartoonVelocirap »»
Dec 14, 2023 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

VioLink - Sep 27, 2013

213 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 19, 2023 4:49 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

93 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 19, 2023 2:31 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

VioLink - Sep 13, 2013

103 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 18, 2023 1:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.