Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 5 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 2, 2013 3:43 PM

Mar 2013
Subtle Jojo reference in this ep when Owada's coat said Crazy Diamond.
Aug 2, 2013 3:54 PM
Jan 2008
Tell me if I am wrong, but I thought in the last episode Monokuma said that if a boy sets foot in the girl's locker room, he will be killed by the mini guns on the ceiling. And it is not possible to borrow someone else student handbook, because Monokuma forbade it. So how come that Owada can change the carpets and posters between the two locker room? The moment he tries to enter the girl's locker room, he will be killed.
Aug 2, 2013 3:57 PM

Dec 2012
Anyone wanna spoil me about the person monobear talks to at the end?
Aug 2, 2013 4:01 PM

Apr 2013
ckberserker said:
Tell me if I am wrong, but I thought in the last episode Monokuma said that if a boy sets foot in the girl's locker room, he will be killed by the mini guns on the ceiling. And it is not possible to borrow someone else student handbook, because Monokuma forbade it. So how come that Owada can change the carpets and posters between the two locker room? The moment he tries to enter the girl's locker room, he will be killed.

Only if they attempted to follow them in while the door was still open. Since Mondo had access to Maizono's and Junko's ids, he was able to enter safely.

tsudecimo said:
Anyone wanna spoil me about the person monobear talks to at the end?

Aug 2, 2013 4:04 PM
Oct 2010
ewww bitch put that tongue back inside before i rip it off. kinky bitch

man this series doesnt let you think for yourself. fucking lame.

he was turned to butter? how stupid. gay edits
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Aug 2, 2013 4:13 PM

Apr 2013
KingCez said:
ewww bitch put that tongue back inside before i rip it off. kinky bitch

man this series doesnt let you think for yourself. fucking lame.

he was turned to butter? how stupid. gay edits

Nah , he got minced . If they already shown the scene of a possible mole it means it's not long before you find out who Monobear really is.....this is will going to be fun.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 2, 2013 4:46 PM

Apr 2013
VanishingKira said:
Dat Oowada & Ishimaru bromance XD.

So Oowada killed Fujisaki out of envy.

What a weird death,I understood the Motorcycle death cage but being turned to butter?

Ishimaru is devastated.

And another high schooler?

Nah , all highschoolers have been introduced with one missleading .
The kill was done out of rage unlike other kills , it wasnt planned and it was done in a desperate manner to point out at different persons . But even if you take out the thought that you spoiled yourself the killer still would have been either Ishimaru or Owada , no matter how you put it , its pretty simple for a murderer to use someone elses stuff to confuse the investigators.
What can I say.....low budget anime. They could atleast make a different version of the "punishment" screen and show how he actually pulled him not the 8bit literally cut out of the game .
This episode was literally 51% anime and 49% game version not that I expect something else from a low-budget anime.....I happen to like alot a low budget anime.
FluffyFleshAug 2, 2013 4:52 PM
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 2, 2013 4:55 PM

Aug 2009
Genocider Shou is crazy, like-nightmare-fuel crazy. Now they have a real serial killer on the loose in the school, so creepy, but at least they know the truth. I originally guessed that she was behind the crucifixion part, though it didn't cross my mind that Togami was the one who mingled with the crime scene. He did it to make things more interesting and to test the others skills. He thereby proved that many of them are easily lead astray, which would mean a fatal end. Togami is sly, he's playing the game like a boss and his goal is set in stone. I can see it's clever tactics but he gives crap about the other classmates which makes him unsympathetic and cruel.

Mondo, Mondo... that's just sad. I think if you get to know him, he'll be a great buddy to hang out with. Ishimaru's tearful breakdown proved this point. Mondo took the punishment like a man, he didn't want to drag the trial further, RIP bro. I like the parallel between Mondo and Chihiro, they where different types of characters but still alike when it came to carrying a mask to hide their weakness and both wanted to become stronger.

Last but not least, Monobear was talking with a mysterious figure - some fuel for speculation >:D With five people dead within eight days, the plot moves fast forward. I'm starting to think that the students will not even outlast a month.
Aug 2, 2013 5:00 PM

May 2013
Ok, I'm going to sound stupid but I have no clue how Mondo died there :/
Aug 2, 2013 5:05 PM

Apr 2013
HandSonicvI said:

Put a couple of potatoes in the mixer , start the mixer and see what happend to the potatoes.
Aug 2, 2013 5:06 PM
May 2010
HandSonicvI said:

He was liquefied by immense g-forces. Hence the butter.
Aug 2, 2013 5:09 PM

Feb 2008
HandSonicvI said:

Easy, the cage is connected to some generators, it kind of implies the acceleration and electricity made his body liquify. As for the JoJo reference - the whole character is a reference. His cloak has Crazy Diamond written on the back, his haircut is exactly the same as Josuke Higashikata (he also gets mad when someone pokes fun at his haircut). In the game he also constantly uses ORA!
Aug 2, 2013 5:13 PM

Jan 2013
it was weird how they used the game element of that anagram guess word , but it wasn't bad , although not necessary, the episode was ok .. the end also was good and all that talk about the 16th student ..
next episode will be nice i guess ( if it take that one scene from the game xD )
-CnXaDi.
Aug 2, 2013 5:26 PM

Jul 2013
I was surprised at the Genocider Sho personality that Fukawa has, it was really sadistic, but it makes so hilarious with the BL obsession xD. I actually thought she would be the killer, but finding out Oohwada did it kind of surprised me. I felt some tears about to come out my eye when Ishimaru was crying, I felt bad for him, he even voted for himself ;_;

I'm also really glad that we got to learn more Oohwada and Chihiro, although they're both gone now... But with things the way they are now, I'm not sure if anyone will be able to get to talk or hang out with each other, so I'll be looking forward to see how they all interact with each other from now on.
Aug 2, 2013 5:50 PM

Sep 2012
The Oowada butter is quite disturbing. I loved seeing Genocider Sho <3
Aug 2, 2013 6:07 PM

Dec 2011
Oh wow. Genocider Sho is awesome!
I think the relationship between the characters will start to dwindle down now that they know a murderer is in them.

Also, the death isn't as scary as the one with the baseball.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2013 6:08 PM

Dec 2007
Yeah it was really rushed but they did what they can to fit it in 1 episode and I feel for Ishimaru...
Aug 2, 2013 6:30 PM

Jun 2013
I almost shed a tear when I saw how sad and depressed Ishimaru was to hearing the news. Their bromance was awesome. ;(

I was VERY surprised with all the events that took place though for some reason, the end seemed a bit rushed to me but that might just be me. I'm definitely looking forward to next week's episode.
Aug 2, 2013 6:38 PM

Apr 2011
Apparently there's a 16th student according to the ending? Sounds interesting, though I have to wonder how that will change the ED and the lineup at the end of the episode.

Didn't see the victim actually being a trap. I have to wonder, now that Genosider has revealed herself, if she'll be a murderer or a victim. If she follows her usual MO, she'll be caught without difficulty now that everyone knows her signature style. Seems more like she'll end up as a victim.

4/5
Aug 2, 2013 6:38 PM

Nov 2011
mistress_kisara said:
Yeah it was really rushed but they did what they can to fit it in 1 episode and I feel for Ishimaru...

Yep too bad for that they have to skip so many things, since this is 13 episode anime what can they do, sigh....
Nevertheless seeing Ishimaru cry is heartbreaking, poor guy. Genocider Syo is a treat to see, Sawashiro does good job for that. Togami still a dick like usual but he awesome because of that. That foreshadowing at the end are really good.

Just watched all the 5 episodes. I could say this adaptation is probably will end up like DeSu2 anime (Same director duhh) but at least compared to the latter, this is faithful & less annoying than what monstrosity of DeSu2 anime become.

Basically both anime's purpose is to promote the upcoming new game in Japan. (Break Record for DeSu2 & enhanced Vita port for Danganronpa)
It does work for Danganronpa which the original PSP version sales skyrocket when anime started lol. Can't wait to see how much Vita version will sale since it also included the sequel too.

Ah well, I will watch this till the end just to see some stuff in animated form.
arena149Aug 2, 2013 6:44 PM
Aug 2, 2013 6:40 PM

Jan 2013
And once again Danganronpa proves that it's mysteries are impossible to solve on your own. In the last trial, the only piece of evidence that could actually have lead you to the answer on your own was the message. The rest of the evidence told you only how it happened with no clues to the killer. (no, i'm not counting the cuff and glass ball. You can make nothing of that on your own.)

In this trial, there wasn't ANY evidence that could legitimately lead you to the right culprit. Sure, you could probably figure out the whole switch rooms thing (they made the only no lending rule extremely obvious), but that could only help you narrow it down to half. There was no other evidence to help you figure out who it was. The only way that the people figured it out in the trial was by getting the dude whose name I never bothered to remember to give it away. That's not a good mystery because half the fun of a mystery is getting to guess yourself.

In both trials so far it was also incredibly obvious when you would have been pressing buttons in the game. I could just see the option to object for the statements Naegi disagreed with. I had hopes for this, at least in terms of my enjoying it. Unfortunately it's just been one letdown after another and it'll probably follow the exact same episode formula for most if not all of the rest of the series, another thing i'm likely to rage about. Maybe i'll get lucky and i'll be proven wrong, though.
No signature to see here~
Aug 2, 2013 6:48 PM

Dec 2012
The pacing for this is going well- as it follows the manga's pacing (minus the investigations).
If it continues to go along this pace, they will fit everything in nicely- I just wish that there was more time for investigations and little episode snippets where they have a full 'normal day.
I loved the animation in Owadera's punishment- this is what sells the show for me (the animation).

Also when the Super bookworm revealed to everyone she was the Super murderer- I have to say that her tounge freaks me out- I mean who the hell's tongue extends that long e_e
But still, I mourn for my Fujisaki, I mourn for you my lovely trap :c
Aug 2, 2013 7:00 PM

Sep 2012
Ohwada was a bro RIP. Feel bad for Ishimaru. The only way you could really guess that Ohwada was the killer wasn't even by the clues, but by the fact that they focused a bit on him in the previous episode. It definitely came out of nowhere to me, which is kinda cool as a viewer, but it'd probably be a bit more annoying if I was playing the game. Let's see what happens next.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Aug 2, 2013 7:02 PM

Sep 2012
silverheart99 said:
And once again Danganronpa proves that it's mysteries are impossible to solve on your own. In the last trial, the only piece of evidence that could actually have lead you to the answer on your own was the message. The rest of the evidence told you only how it happened with no clues to the killer. (no, i'm not counting the cuff and glass ball. You can make nothing of that on your own.)

In this trial, there wasn't ANY evidence that could legitimately lead you to the right culprit. Sure, you could probably figure out the whole switch rooms thing (they made the only no lending rule extremely obvious), but that could only help you narrow it down to half. There was no other evidence to help you figure out who it was. The only way that the people figured it out in the trial was by getting the dude whose name I never bothered to remember to give it away. That's not a good mystery because half the fun of a mystery is getting to guess yourself.

In both trials so far it was also incredibly obvious when you would have been pressing buttons in the game. I could just see the option to object for the statements Naegi disagreed with. I had hopes for this, at least in terms of my enjoying it. Unfortunately it's just been one letdown after another and it'll probably follow the exact same episode formula for most if not all of the rest of the series, another thing i'm likely to rage about. Maybe i'll get lucky and i'll be proven wrong, though.

Don't judge the game by the anime. I'm serious.
Aug 2, 2013 7:11 PM

Jun 2010
He became a butter? Dafuq >_>

Yep. Nagi solves everything like he is so smart just cuz he is the MC! Seems legit.

Well I guess it will just keep going on just like this.

I wonder who's that 16th student...
Aug 2, 2013 7:14 PM

Jul 2009
morshuwarrior said:
"Fujisaki Chihiro was a crossdresser!"

Brutally facepalmed myself at that line. It was pretty clear already because he sounded like a guy trying to do a girl's voice to begin with.

IRK, told that one in the last topic but people still want to argue about something obvious.

Personally i wasn't expecting a real Genocider Syo, so the thing will be more crazy now with the 16th student?
Aug 2, 2013 7:15 PM

Apr 2012
Well done trial in one episode. Loved Genocider Syo, as I always do :) I really wish that they could've drawn out the relationship between mondo and ishimaru more so that his death would have been more emotional.
I'm sure no one could have predicted he was the killer. His only blunder was stating that he knew the color of the tracksuit.
His execution was recycled, but no complaints. Nothing was censored since the execution was just torturous electrocution into butter. Although, it was cruel how Monokuma ended up eating that butter with pancakes.
Next murder is gonna get super complicated and super crazy and i'm looking forward to seeing everyone's reactions to it. :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2013 7:17 PM

Apr 2012
Litrydow said:
silverheart99 said:

Fucking this. This is a rushed adaptation. There was A LOT more evidence and plot twists that were thrown in the trial, but of course the creators don't have that many episodes to work with.
The in-game trial is 1.5x better than seen on the anime. If you've got beef with the game, play it yourself BEFORE you start criticizing it. *snaps in a z formation*
Aug 2, 2013 7:41 PM
Aug 2012
This was a great episode. But I kinda wish they made it so the viewers can try to guess who it is. Instead of making it nearly impossible.
Aug 2, 2013 7:47 PM

Jun 2008
I really am enjoying this anime 5/5

Aug 2, 2013 7:55 PM

Jul 2012
The biker punk's death was cool!!!
Aug 2, 2013 8:13 PM

Nov 2011
I didn't really get Mondo's Execution , can someone explain it to me? :/
Aug 2, 2013 8:22 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Meg-nyan said:

Fucking this. This is a rushed adaptation.

Pretty much this. I'm not very impressed by the pacing so far...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 2, 2013 8:25 PM

Sep 2012
wakka9ca said:
Meg-nyan said:

Fucking this. This is a rushed adaptation.

Pretty much this. I'm not very impressed by the pacing so far...

What do you expect when they only have 13 episodes to work with?
Aug 2, 2013 8:26 PM

Jan 2013
Meg-nyan said:
Litrydow said:
silverheart99 said:

Fucking this. This is a rushed adaptation. There was A LOT more evidence and plot twists that were thrown in the trial, but of course the creators don't have that many episodes to work with.
The in-game trial is 1.5x better than seen on the anime. If you've got beef with the game, play it yourself BEFORE you start criticizing it. *snaps in a z formation*

I said nothing about the game's quality. If the game does a similar thing with no clues that help you actually figure out who did it, then I suppose this problem would transfer to the game as well, but I prefer not to criticize something I haven't played. We are in the anime discussion forums. I'm treating this anime as completely separate thing from a game that i'll probably never actually play, and my complaints are with the anime alone. (besides, guessing who did it as the player of the game would be impossible if it did this. I'd love to know what clues from the second trial they omitted in the anime that would be crucial to solving the case though.)
No signature to see here~
Aug 2, 2013 8:30 PM

Jun 2011
I just love Monokuma. He makes the peddo looks like a kindergartner.
His laughs are hilarious.
Aug 2, 2013 8:47 PM

Oct 2012
I JUST KNEW THERE WAS GONNA BE A 16TH SUPER DUPER HIGH SCHOOLER!
The literature girl's split personality was pretty creepy. And from the beginning, I kinda suspected that the girl was a guy.

Aug 2, 2013 8:59 PM

Jul 2012
Touka's split personality creeped me out >_>

Though it became amusing to watch after a while.

And that ending cliffhanger...
Aug 2, 2013 9:04 PM

May 2013
I want some of that delicious butter...but dang, that girl has an extreme split personality.
Aug 2, 2013 9:09 PM

Mar 2010
Did he became cupcakes?
Aug 2, 2013 9:16 PM

May 2010
Sho for best psyco ever calling some one a scub is mad points in my book. liked the episode but was unhappy with some of the thing they left out or some of the thing they switch during the class trial other then that great episode

also watch out for dem trap
Aug 2, 2013 9:25 PM
May 2013
Worst episode so far....
the trial rushed like hell.....
Aug 2, 2013 9:32 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Takei_Hisa said:
I JUST KNEW THERE WAS GONNA BE A 16TH SUPER DUPER HIGH SCHOOLER!

Red herring. There is more to it than what is revealed in this episode.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 2, 2013 9:36 PM

Aug 2011
Dude... Mondo... That is the worst motive ever to kill someone. This anime doesn't really have good writing.
Aug 2, 2013 10:30 PM

Mar 2013
BIGBOOB FEVER
Aug 2, 2013 10:50 PM

Oct 2011
The game played it out so much better, but I guess it's normal for the anime to rush it since it'll be 13 episodes.
Aug 2, 2013 11:17 PM
Jul 2013
Maybe I am dumb, but I don't think a normal person from watching the anime would have conclude, who the culprit was. I can see why people feel it rushed. I concluded it was Aoi or Sakura. Sakura strength and height, since how high Chihiro was tied up. Aoi may have a knowledge of how to clean up the coffee stain with bleach or chlorine or something. Also, depending on if the person stood on their tippy toes there would be some indication of that or something on the bar which she was tied up to.

The "borrowing" or lending of the card just seemed out of place. Even if the guys were included into suspect list. I would not have put Mondo at the top of the list.
Aug 3, 2013 1:02 AM

Jun 2013
in anime, Had mondo not screwed up, he could've won the trial,,

in the games however..
Aug 3, 2013 1:24 AM

Sep 2012
Reading girl has a twist personality... and it's creepy!
Aug 3, 2013 1:27 AM

Sep 2008
des-sert said:
I didn't really get Mondo's Execution , can someone explain it to me? :/

he was basically tied to a motorcycle, sent to ride at an extreme high speed in an electrifying death cage, which pretty much fried him into butter. what a way to go that Mondo. live fast, die young...sobs.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

434 by Jax »»
Feb 7, 5:07 AM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.