Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 5 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jul 31, 2016 8:57 AM

Jan 2014
Seriously, this is one of these shows you keep asking yourself without break what the fuck are you watching, lmao.
First that bitch with double personality
Lastly, that execution, jesus, so random and ridiculous
Sep 18, 2016 7:59 PM

Feb 2010
Mayumu said:
Meh, I'm kinda sad that it wasn't something anyone could guess with deduction, a lot of information where said in the trial and not before it...
Yeah.. would be nice if they could at least subtly add all the clues before getting to the trial. Would be more fun for us as the audience. That way, the evidence wouldn't sound so arbitrary either.

Butter though, that's bad for the heart lol

Nov 14, 2016 8:01 PM

Aug 2012
This was sapped of almost all the emotion & intensity that the game had. In fairness, knowing the outcome ahead of time from playing the game undoubtedly played a role in this not working for me, especially since in game this was the only chapter I didn't figure out who the murderer was pre-Class Trial. But I don't know, I felt like so many details we're left out of this, it wouldn't have even been satisfying to call it right. Like, I remember in the game there was a point where Mondo had referred to Chihiro in a different manner than usual post-death, it wasn't blatant but post-trial when they replayed the line again to showcase the change in knowledge, it was really cool. Like the case was well-thought out. Here, it seemed to blatantly obvious. The room swap as always kind of obvious but the amount of attention on Genocider, who is it me or did the anime make that scene with Byakuya, Aoi, & Makoto way too obvious that Toko was Genocider, like was the game that overt & I just don't remember, the Funimation subs had her literal say she wasn't going to let Genocider do what she wants almost immediately following the run down including the Dissociative disorder. I don't know, it was placed to quick together. Oh, I got majorly off track, the point I was trying to make was that completely extended focus on Genocider was clearly a red herring, and I don't think that left enough room to make the actually resolution of the case satisfying or devastating.
TerrestriousDec 7, 2016 10:14 PM
Dec 17, 2016 1:28 AM

May 2013
#RIP Hanatarou and Zoro TT^TT

Poor Ishi </3
Sep 19, 2017 1:36 PM

Dec 2012
Genocider Syo has awoken!
Super High School Level Murderer?
Dem scissors.
Fujisaki is...a trap!
Ohwada let it slip.
He killed his own brother.
Diamond is unbreakable.
Ohwada butter. LMAO
Who is the 16th high schooler?
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 29, 2017 9:20 PM

Sep 2011
I think the anime should have explored more the investigations. It's really hard for the audience to try to guess who is the culprit.
Mar 15, 2019 10:05 PM

Feb 2019
I love this anime! Even though the episodes cycle through the same idea, every crime scene is different and fun to try and crack :)
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Jul 13, 2019 2:14 PM

Oct 2017
T R A P

I think that next killer will be Ishimaru,but who knows what will happen.
This anime is unexpectable.
Jul 26, 2019 4:38 AM

May 2016
That bear I want to see him dead so bad.
Apr 18, 2020 12:51 PM
Feb 2020
He fuckin turned into butter. Amazing. Fucking Amazing.
Apr 24, 2020 9:58 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Turned into butter xD epic
Apr 25, 2020 6:40 AM

Mar 2019
Owada was the killer, I didn't expect this, it was a very good investigation once again
Wtf was this death scene xD
Jun 17, 2020 10:53 PM
Jul 2018
Hang on. I just realized something. How would Mondo have known what “Bloodbath Fever” was? Or did Genocider Sho stumble upon the corpse and do that their self? And was it Mondo who put the Trap in a crucified position?

Also, I kinda feel the motive for this murder was off. It had nothing to do with the game — and who is to say (if Hope’s Peak Academy was a NORMAL school) that Mondo wouldn’t have murdered someone in similar circumstances? Through the impulsiveness and aggressiveness, he’s probably a kind guy at his core — I can deduce that much. But still… he really beat someone to death because he envied their resolve to change themselves? Fujisaki wanted to become a little stronger, asked Mondo for some training, and this is what triggered Mondo’s brother-related-PTSD and made him flip out? It just feels a bit … unrealistic.

This is a pretty good anime, I’m not gonna lie. I like it. But I wasn’t a fan of these plot holes.
Nov 20, 2020 8:21 AM
Jul 2020
Dang, that was brutal... And this episode took a lot more twists and turns than I thought.

(A spy?!?!?!? A sixteenth student!???!?!)
Apr 7, 2022 4:34 AM

Aug 2018
It was supposed to be a gender reveal party xO Daganronpa style!!
ApakabarApr 7, 2022 4:48 AM
Oct 10, 2022 5:58 PM
May 2020
I had a feeling about the programmer, "she" sounded like a female voice-actress who normally voices young boys. The detective work was even better this time with a number of twist and turns.
Then, the reason for the murder and the Principal breaking the fourth wall with his "side character" labeling of Togami.
Wow....
1KonochiOct 10, 2022 6:11 PM
Dec 15, 2022 8:28 AM

Jan 2021
I don't know what to feel. On the one hand I'm actually somewhat relieved (?) Oowada is dead, but on the other hand I'm also sad that Fujisaki is dead too. Unlike Sayaka who died after trying to kill Leon, Fujisaki died without making any mistakes... the only "mistake" he made was choosing the wrong role model, though I don't think that's a mistake either.

But still, Oowada's death is one of the most disturbing deaths I've ever seen. I mean, he died and became a butter?

And Togami? He's kinda annoying huh. And maybe I'm the one who missed something or too slow to catching things but how and why when a new case appeared (I assume at that time no one knew that the victim was Fujisaki) he went straight to the women's locker room?? And why did he choose Naegi to accompany him to go there? And what happened with the "Bloodbath Fever" ??? Did it mean Oowada also knew about Genocider Syo's and wanted to trick them all with it written on the wall?

Genocider Syo is cool. Scary but cool.
hanakocheeksDec 15, 2022 8:32 AM

Mar 24, 2023 5:09 PM
Oct 2021
yep, toko still hasn't changed one bit, thats nice.
Sep 10, 2023 3:39 AM

Apr 2013
"He can't be it, he was surprised when I mentioned that he's a dude".
"I killed him because I was frustrated that my brother died back then"
"I'll kill him by letting him drive in a metal ball until he turns to butter"
What the fuck was this shit episode?
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

434 by Jax »»
Feb 7, 5:07 AM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.