MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Talking animals and human/animal hybrids.
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime & Manga Recommendations »» Talking animals and human/animal hybrids.

01-24-09, 1:25 AM

Been looking for a thread about this but haven't found any.

I am looking for Anime with talking Animals or animal/human hybrids.

Example of talking animals I have seen, do not transform: Silver Fang and
Otogi-Jushi Akazukin - Val is a talking dog or something, lycan. Jing King of Bandits - Kir is his talking bird friend.

Example of Hybrids, either human looking animals or shape shifters: Wolfs rain, Hyper Police, Spiderman Unlimited and Spice and Wolf.

Don't bother with what I have seen or not just write anything you can think of that has something to do with this kind of characters, even if I have seen it maybe someone else is interested and haven't seen it.

What I am not looking for is anime with animals that don't talk or act abit human, like the dog in Beck etc.

If your unsure just write it any way I want as much recommendations I can.

01-24-09, 3:09 AM

So the first thing that comes to my mind is One Piece's Zoans.
Many Ghibli movies has talking animals too. (eg.:Princes Mononoke)
Other animes coming to my mind: Rosario + Vampire, Keroro Gunsou, MapleStory, Wagaya no Oinari-sama.

01-24-09, 2:12 PM

Well, Ginga Densetsu Weed is the sequel to Ginga Nagareboshi Gin. Though Weed isn't nearly as good... But it IS a talking animal anime... :/

01-24-09, 2:30 PM

Tales of the Abyss - Mieu is a talking cheagle, which is some kind of animal creature

Natsume Yuujin-chou and Zoku Natsume Yuujin-chou - Nyanko-sensei is a talking cat, there are also spirits who can transform between human and animal forms

Slayers (all series) - There are talking animals in pretty much every Slayers anime I have seen, including Revolution

Wolf's Rain - characters transform between wolves and humans

Not sure if they count since they are more plushies than animals but there is also Kero from CCS, Ryo-ohki from Tenchi and Mokona from Rayearth.

01-24-09, 2:52 PM

Phoenix has a whole arc with animal/human hybrids, but I can't remember which episode it starts at.

01-24-09, 3:13 PM

sounds promising

01-24-09, 4:06 PM

Hakushaku to Yousei is a really shoujo series, but there is a talking cat.

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection

01-24-09, 5:37 PM

Luminous Arc and the Rym... Oh wait, that isn't really anime. How about these instead?

Haseo: "The Terror of Death" in his third form seems like a dragonian (or reptoid) minus the head.

Jirou: Well, the guy is a vampire and I guess you can say that vampires are half bat and half human. Then again, not exactly but it counts.

Naruto: Due to the fact that the nine-tail fox is sealed inside of him, he can transform into a huge nine-tox fox. Although this doesn't make him a hybrid, yet it counts..

Saiyajin: On the night of a full moon, the ones with the saiyajin blood will transform into huge monkeys, kind of like the one causing chaos at a subway station. At the same time, they aren't really monkeys, yet it appears so.

Most of all, Rosario to Vampire is full of youkai which fits the description:

Kou-chan = Vampire Bat
Ginei = Lycan
Nekonome-sensei = Cat
Ruby = Crow

01-24-09, 10:19 PM

Off the top of my head, Utewaremono (did I spell it right...?) has some chicks with tails and ears. Some have wings. Does that work? :)

Oh, the characters in Fruits Basket transform, duh. Oh, and Ranma 1/2. Oh, and Kyouran Kazoku Nikki has a sentient octopus, right?

Yeah, I went and look at my list, then came back and edited stuff in aimlessly.

Ahh! And Kekkaishi has talking (spirit) dogs, and Inukami has some hybrids, and Shakugan no Shana has a girl that turns into a bear, and see... there was another one which's name I forgot. Never mind, that was Wagaya (insert the rest), which was already mentioned.
Modified by cocoyam, 01-24-09, 10:32 PM

01-24-09, 11:51 PM

Damekko Doubutsu - Talking animals with human faces. It's kiddy but its somewhat amusing.

01-24-09, 11:53 PM

CAT GIRL NUKU NUKU

This is exactly what you are looking for.
I'm back.

01-25-09, 2:05 AM

Thanks this is nice, though I want more MORE! haha.

Cat blue: Dynamite
Capricorn and Outlanders
Urusei Yatsura
Those Who Hunt Elves - talking panda and a cat tank -Meow lol!
Shounen Onmyouji - talking *magical animal*
D.N Angel - animal looking demon *though this is stretching it as he hardly ever speaks.

they have horns wings and tails etc.
Modified by Pontus, 01-25-09, 2:09 AM

01-25-09, 3:06 AM

How about
Inukami,
Dogtato-kun,
Spice and Wolf,
or Massugu ni Ikou (2004)?

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it -- Voltaire

01-26-09, 12:04 PM

Dai Mahou Touge - Paya-tan a talking magical animal.

01-26-09, 12:06 PM

Darker than BLACK - there is a cat there who talks, but he used to be human, well he is human stuck in a cat's body since he lost his human one

01-27-09, 11:06 AM

Well thats kinnda the stuff I am looking for so thats good to hear.

02-03-09, 12:30 PM

Just seen Amatsuki that have decent amount of talking animal hybrids, fox and a bird like creature.

02-03-09, 12:38 PM

Escaflowne.

02-03-09, 12:51 PM

I agree with the others, pretty much any Miyazaki flick like Pom Poko or Mononoke-hime. Panda! Go Panda! is a child's anime about a family of talking pandas also. :)
I become lost on the animal trail without a way back...It was a dream that I had somewhere, a deja vu that I recall.....

02-03-09, 8:18 PM

Kira01 said:
Naruto: Due to the fact that the nine-tail fox is sealed inside of him, he can transform into a huge nine-tox fox. Although this doesn't make him a hybrid, yet it counts..

This is a STRETCH. Naruto doesn't actually transform into a fox. He gains fox-like attributes (sharper teeth, longer nails, more pronounced "whiskers"), but he never actually transforms into a fox. He does turn GAMABUNTA into a fox, though.

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices