Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 13, 2015 7:32 PM

Jan 2015
Many Anime may have non-existential or subtle differences between their drawing styles but it conveys emotions, ideals and morals so in a certain sense so it can be considered 'art'
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2015 7:45 PM

Nov 2014
Hulohot said:
Of course is art

This sublime masterpiece makes wonder the mysteries of the universe.

Kinda disgusting ...
Mar 13, 2015 7:53 PM

Sep 2014
this discussion is solid toilet literature
Mar 13, 2015 9:00 PM

Nov 2014
If a person these days can throw buckets of paint onto a canvas and call it art.. Then I'd say anything is art nowadays XD
Mar 13, 2015 10:11 PM
Feb 2014
Hulohot said:
Of course is art

This sublime masterpiece makes wonder the mysteries of the universe.

What the fuck is this show from
Mar 14, 2015 3:53 AM

Dec 2012
TheDerpMan said:
If a person these days can throw buckets of paint onto a canvas and call it art.. Then I'd say anything is art nowadays XD

Barnett Newman – Onement VI (1953) – $ 43,845,000

And yes, in case you're wondering, people are indeed fucking idiots.
Mar 14, 2015 5:35 AM

Feb 2013
darkholy said:
TheDerpMan said:

Barnett Newman – Onement VI (1953) – $ 43,845,000

And yes, in case you're wondering, people are indeed fucking idiots.

I doubt making money has ever been easier
Mar 14, 2015 5:54 AM

Dec 2014
So at Van Gogh living's time, his paints doesnt worth a cent and the price got propelled after his death
Mar 14, 2015 8:24 AM

Apr 2014
ghoullovesharem said:
So at Van Gogh living's time, his paints doesnt worth a cent and the price got propelled after his death
Yup, but that happened with most artists at that time.
Oct 21, 2015 9:15 AM

Sep 2009
I'm an art student, and in my college my teacher often criticize my anime style, not because is ugly but because ''universities don't want to see that'' (her words), and because she said ''anime is someone else style and is a really extreme way of drawing, is really stylized, so you need to create your own style, and not copy someone else style''. Also she said ''We already have many artists drawing that way''

I think she doesn't understand what anime is, anime is not a style that belongs to someone, it was invented and a lot of people start to drawing like that, along time anime ''improved'' (more like changed) if you compared anime from 80's to now you will know that they are different, many artists still now days draw anime in 80's style. But anime along time was changed.

And I think she doesn't understand how anime can be different, and have different styles, and many artists have their own anime style that you can right away know that is from them, like one piece mangaka, his style is unique and tony taka style, this styles are the ones that you see and know that is from them. Is like a singer with a unique voice and when you listen you know that is him/her singing.

We also have the mangaka from Inuyasha that she made a new anime and I knew that was the same artist form inuyasha just to look to the new anime art.

I think that teachers and people, that don't understand and don't watch anime, think that anime it looks all the same, but it doesn't, if anime looked the same we didn't have so many styles for different kind of people, we have shoujo for girls we have shounen for boys we have josei and seinen and this are completely different ways of drawing anime, because just by looking you know that this anime or manga is shoujo or shounen or josei or seinen.

If I can't draw anime because is all the same, why we have so many realistic artists then? Is not all the same? Why we have so many photorealism artists then? Is not all the same? Well they look like a real photo and how you know and recognize the different artists in that particular style of drawing realism?

*Being Sarcastic* Why we have so many photorealism artists? Why they draw something that is soo real like a photo? We have cameras for that no? What's the point?

I really think that my teacher is not a good art teacher because she saying shit like that about anime without thinking that what she saying it happens also in realism art and others art movements.

*Being Sarcastic again* What? Anime look all the same? So realism also look the same. What? You can't differer an anime artist form another? What about realism artists? Do you know how to differer them form another? Or even abstract artists, how you can say that this piece of art is form that artist and the other piece of art is form the other artist?

I'm really piss off because is the 3rd time that my teacher criticize my anime style and not as an art teacher should criticize, she not giving feedback and saying what I could do to improve, or that I should try put less stylized anime, like she could say that I could try to make something more abstract but with some stuff anime in. But no she simple say shit about anime like that.

And I'm sick of telling her that I going to animation anyway, so I could make my own anime, like avatar. I bet if I draw Disney style it was okay. But if I draw Disney style that is steeling someone else style no? But when I'm drawing anime I'm not steeling anyone else style, because the style, yes is Japanese, but just because I'm not Japanese it doesn't mean that I can't draw anime. Are Japanese people going to process me now?
AnimangaGirlOct 21, 2015 9:19 AM
Oct 21, 2015 9:23 AM
Nov 2010
I'm just gonna say this.

Art is subjective.
Oct 21, 2015 9:36 AM

May 2009
Back in the Middle Ages, depictions of people consisted of very long limbs, disproportionate bodies and skewed perspective. Nowadays, people pay a lot of money to see it in museums, and so-called 'experts' value these painting at several (hundreds of) thousands of dollars. If I were to make it, these same experts wouldn't give me a dime for it.

Nowadays, we consider random splotches of paint, scribbles, and even everyday objects glued to paper in a seemingly complex arrangement 'art' and these same experts again pay good money for them. Again, if I were to make it, I'd be lucky to have some people comment on it, but making money of it would probably be impossible for me.

So what makes anime art different from 'regular' art? All I can think of is because it's mass-produced and used as form of entertainment. Most 'old' art seems to be highly praised because it's rare. Not many people used to do stuff like painting or sculpting for a living, and even today, it's still a relatively uncommon profession. I wouldn't be surprised if very old anime art is also worth a lot of money, because it's rare and hardly anyone draws like that anymore.

Still, if we think it's art, that's our opinion, and the critics can whine about it all they want, but if they count all the stuff I listed above as art, I don't see why we can't consider anime art, too.
Firelord76Oct 21, 2015 9:39 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2017 1:19 AM
Jul 2017
whether anime is considered art or anime is not considered as an art

we all have our own opinion about it

and for my opinion anime is considered an art
Jul 12, 2017 1:25 AM

Apr 2017
It's a penguin..

--30 30 30 30 char limit--

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jul 12, 2017 1:29 AM

Sep 2013
I only know that what Shaft does is not art.
Jul 12, 2017 7:11 AM

Jul 2017
everything can be art if you adore them
Jul 12, 2017 7:28 AM

Aug 2013
AnimangaGirl said:
I'm an art student, and in my college my teacher often criticize my anime style, not because is ugly but because ''universities don't want to see that'' (her words), and because she said ''anime is someone else style and is a really extreme way of drawing, is really stylized, so you need to create your own style, and not copy someone else style''. Also she said ''We already have many artists drawing that way''

I think she doesn't understand what anime is, anime is not a style that belongs to someone, it was invented and a lot of people start to drawing like that, along time anime ''improved'' (more like changed) if you compared anime from 80's to now you will know that they are different, many artists still now days draw anime in 80's style. But anime along time was changed.

And I think she doesn't understand how anime can be different, and have different styles, and many artists have their own anime style that you can right away know that is from them, like one piece mangaka, his style is unique and tony taka style, this styles are the ones that you see and know that is from them. Is like a singer with a unique voice and when you listen you know that is him/her singing.

We also have the mangaka from Inuyasha that she made a new anime and I knew that was the same artist form inuyasha just to look to the new anime art.

I think that teachers and people, that don't understand and don't watch anime, think that anime it looks all the same, but it doesn't, if anime looked the same we didn't have so many styles for different kind of people, we have shoujo for girls we have shounen for boys we have josei and seinen and this are completely different ways of drawing anime, because just by looking you know that this anime or manga is shoujo or shounen or josei or seinen.

If I can't draw anime because is all the same, why we have so many realistic artists then? Is not all the same? Why we have so many photorealism artists then? Is not all the same? Well they look like a real photo and how you know and recognize the different artists in that particular style of drawing realism?

*Being Sarcastic* Why we have so many photorealism artists? Why they draw something that is soo real like a photo? We have cameras for that no? What's the point?

I really think that my teacher is not a good art teacher because she saying shit like that about anime without thinking that what she saying it happens also in realism art and others art movements.

*Being Sarcastic again* What? Anime look all the same? So realism also look the same. What? You can't differer an anime artist form another? What about realism artists? Do you know how to differer them form another? Or even abstract artists, how you can say that this piece of art is form that artist and the other piece of art is form the other artist?

I'm really piss off because is the 3rd time that my teacher criticize my anime style and not as an art teacher should criticize, she not giving feedback and saying what I could do to improve, or that I should try put less stylized anime, like she could say that I could try to make something more abstract but with some stuff anime in. But no she simple say shit about anime like that.

And I'm sick of telling her that I going to animation anyway, so I could make my own anime, like avatar. I bet if I draw Disney style it was okay. But if I draw Disney style that is steeling someone else style no? But when I'm drawing anime I'm not steeling anyone else style, because the style, yes is Japanese, but just because I'm not Japanese it doesn't mean that I can't draw anime. Are Japanese people going to process me now?

Tell her this or send as mail. Art teachers tends to be a kind of elitists, and as we all know, elitists are a cancer.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 12, 2017 10:12 AM

Jul 2013
It is, but it's a dying art. Modern animation is a dying art anyway.
Jul 12, 2017 2:53 PM

Jul 2016
That's very easy to answer. Are movies art? Is literature art? Is painting art? If so, so is anime; anime is a mix of literatue (storytelling) and painting (character, backgrounds, etc. drawing).

Jul 16, 2017 10:39 AM

Jun 2016
Art is a form of expression, so yes anime is art.
Jul 16, 2017 2:08 PM

Jun 2017
Japanimation and it's growing influences has currently incorporated itself in many forms of art such as Films, Sculptures, Gaming, pop art & culture, advertisement & even street art.

So the short answer is Yes
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» What is your most re-watched anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

55 by AnimePedestrian »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » How many characters from MAL top-100 do you know and what is your opinion on them?

Shizuna - 30 minutes ago

4 by Horizon248 »»
4 minutes ago

» Anime Time Capsule

eli_shmeli - 3 hours ago

10 by DigiCat »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Which season of Mob Psycho 100 do you guys prefer?

MillerEvans23 - 20 minutes ago

3 by Maroonedisback »»
7 minutes ago

» What anime do you refuse to watch since you have already read the source material?

Kushna - 9 hours ago

17 by -Shurit- »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.