MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Hungry for a great anime like Cowboy Bebop
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime & Manga Recommendations »» Hungry for a great anime like Cowboy Bebop

07-28-13, 3:53 AM

As the title says, i really wish to find a good tv show series as good as cowboy. And what i mean by that is:
- Adult themes
I've tried to watch Trigun, but its too stupid and damn uninspired. Its basically for kids and i can't watch that kind of crap.
- Sci-fi
Well, i'm a huge fan of Sci- fi, and Bebop was to me like a second Mass Effect (not a good comparison, i know). Anyway, this is not obligatory
- Characters
Well written and most important serious at times. I said already that i can't stand for characters like Vash the Stampede, to me they're not funny and look just stupid.

I hope for a good answer!

07-28-13, 3:56 AM

Too bad you did not like Trigun..

You can try Black Lagoon if you liked Cowboy Bebop.

07-28-13, 4:18 AM

I didn't find Trigun amusing either.

Baccano
Ghost in the Shell
Monster

07-28-13, 4:18 AM

You can try Psycho Pass but that show has some weird dialogue. Gankutsuou is also really good, and fits your criteria, but I'm not sure if you are looking for an action show or not, but it is sci-fi. Ghost in the shell stand alone complex is also really good.

You can also try Evangelion Rebuild movies and Gundam Unicorn both of these are mecha but both are extremely different, and are pretty serious shows.

As for non sci-fi related stuff you can try black lagoon and Samurai Champloo. Both of those are more light hearted but they have their serious moments.

07-28-13, 8:00 AM

The closest thing to Cowboy Bebop I could think off is Outlaw Star. Both, are set in space, and both share similar art style. Try it! I'm sure you'll love it!

07-28-13, 9:19 AM

UsualGuy said:
As the title says, i really wish to find a good tv show series as good as cowboy.

Michiko to Hatchin Not Sci-fi though.

Seconding..
Motion_Menace said:

Ghost in the Shell
Monster

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices