Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Madan no Ou to Vanadis' to Get Anime Adaptation

New
Jul 27, 2013 10:05 PM

Sep 2012
In the Media Factory fan event "Bunko J Natsu no Gakuensai 2013" held in Akihabara today, it was announced that five light novels will be adapted into anime. One of them is "Madan no Ou to Vanadis." The light novel started in April 2011, and so far, 7 volumes have been published.

Light novel website: http://www.mediafactory.co.jp/bunkoj/madan/

Source: Mainichi, AnimeAnime

Madan no Ou to Vanadis on MAL
Sakana-sanMay 11, 2016 6:47 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 27, 2013 10:08 PM

Nov 2011
Just added the LN to my PTR. Only been following the manga so far...
Jul 27, 2013 10:08 PM

Mar 2012
Someone say this is like DxD. Instant check.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 27, 2013 10:09 PM

Nov 2011
NeoAnkara said:

With historical-like setting.
Jul 27, 2013 10:13 PM

May 2009
Awww yeah, just as I was thinking this should better get its announcement when I read the Blade Dance post. I just wonder what studio will handle this -w-
Jul 27, 2013 10:15 PM

Sep 2012
I'm gonna be honest and say that none of the five light novels announced look that amazing. I'll give them all a chance, but I'm kind of disappointed after reading all the synopses.
Jul 27, 2013 10:18 PM

Nov 2007
Last novel to check out of the 5 announced today.
Nice to see more LN adaptations though.
EjcJul 28, 2013 1:08 AM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Jul 27, 2013 10:18 PM

Nov 2008
Media Factory dear lord this is overkill, but this one doesn't seem interesting, I'll pass.

Jul 27, 2013 10:23 PM

Feb 2012
Ecchi harem? Sign me up.
Oct 2012
Yes yes
read 6 vol.
Waiting for the anime. Hoping that it will be as good as the LN
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Himel_713&sclick=1]

Mar 2013
This is one of my favourite light novels from the last few years, by far the best of the 5 novel announced.

The Harem aspect is similar to DxD however it concentrates more on large scale battles and tactics rather than one on one fights and is in a medieval setting with only the Vanadis having supernatural abilites.

NewhopesJul 27, 2013 10:46 PM

Jul 27, 2013 10:36 PM

Dec 2011
YEAAAH AT LAST! it will be animated! too hype!!!
Jul 27, 2013 10:38 PM

Jun 2012
Stark700 said:
NeoAnkara said:

With historical-like setting.

My body is ready.
Jul 27, 2013 10:43 PM
Oct 2012
And less less fanservice than DxD :-D
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Himel_713&sclick=1]
Jul 27, 2013 10:45 PM
Jul 27, 2013 10:48 PM

Sep 2011
Huh. Didn't expect that, I enjoy the manga somewhat, so I'll add this to my list xD.
Jul 27, 2013 10:59 PM

Feb 2012
Saw this before but I never knew it was somewhat similar to DxD...
Jul 27, 2013 11:01 PM

Oct 2011
compared to dxd..this has less of fanservice
Jul 27, 2013 11:10 PM

Jun 2013
Holy crap this is exciting.

Three of the light novels I follow on BT are getting adaptations.

This better be good. Really good. This LN in particular is one of my favorites so I expect great things. Epic arrow-shooting, Vanadis superpowers, giant battles, drama, diplomacy, military strategy, heroic assertiveness and bravery among other things.

...oh yeah and horse beheading. Is that a spoiler? There's a fair amount of horse beheading in the LN after all. Or, at least, that's what I noticed.

ANYWAYS, not your typical action harem with wimpy MCs. Tigre is THE MAN. A real man. One who doesn't act fazed or started in the presence of breasts or war. So unlike how things like in Seiken no Blacksmith's adaptation turned out, please keep him awesome. Please. お願い

All the main characters' charisma and assertiveness, after all, make part of how this is super enjoyable. I'll definitely watch this.
Jul 28, 2013 12:44 AM

Oct 2008
hazah! This is a win in my books I can't wait to see this show.
Jul 28, 2013 12:50 AM

Mar 2013
I wonder how many of the big battles they're going to do there's at least 9-10 in the frist 5-6 volumes.

Jul 28, 2013 1:11 AM

Jan 2011
Boobs.
[center]
Jul 28, 2013 1:27 AM

May 2013
Can't wait for this to be animated!
Jul 28, 2013 1:39 AM

Dec 2012
It's cool to have these LNs getting anime adaptation...But I'm not very fond of them because I know unless it'll have a season 2, the anime will just most likely give a hanging end and I don't like that...
Jul 28, 2013 4:03 AM
May 2012
VioLink said:
Boobs.

Boobs!
Jul 28, 2013 5:16 AM

Sep 2009
Why all the secondary heroines have russian names(with some mistakes but still)?
Jul 28, 2013 6:45 AM
Mar 2013
Great!! 2 of the 5 series were on my list with their mangas, cant wait!!
Jul 28, 2013 7:02 AM

Nov 2008
same thing again the light novel over the manga version.
Jul 28, 2013 7:44 AM

Aug 2011
Personally, this one is on the bottom of my list for all of the adaptations announced so far. Personally. It may be because the preview doesn't show me anything of interest.
Jul 28, 2013 7:53 AM

Jul 2007
Is it pointless fanservicy comedy, ala Zero no Tsukaima or is there something even barely resembling plot in this?

The plot synopsis and that main picture on LN page does not fill me with confidence at this being any good.
Jul 28, 2013 7:55 AM

Sep 2012
Fai said:
Is it pointless fanservicy comedy, ala Zero no Tsukaima or is there something even barely resembling plot in this?
Zero has plot and the comedy is not pointless. It seems your question is even more pointless than anything in Zero.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 28, 2013 8:03 AM

Jul 2007
symbv said:
Fai said:
Zero has plot and the comedy is not pointless. It seems your question is even more pointless than anything in Zero.

You know exactly what I am talking about.

"Plot" in ZNT takes second place in favor of comedy gags and tsutsun female loli lead being angered by indecisive male lead. Its not exactly plot-driven series, which is depressing considering the premise of show(the whole "man out of time" thing) itself is decent and its has been proven that it can be handled perfectly(ex: Utawarerumono).
Jul 28, 2013 8:05 AM

Sep 2012
Fai said:
You know exactly what I am talking about.

"Plot" in ZNT takes second place in favor of comedy gags and tsutsun female loli lead being angered by indecisive male lead. Its not exactly plot-driven series, which is depressing considering the premise of show(the whole "man out of time" thing) itself is decent and its has been proven that it can be handled perfectly(ex: Utawarerumono).
Second place does not mean no plot. Plot and fanservice is not something mutual exclusive. To think they have to be exclusive is only shallow and stupid, particularly considering the LN is basically a form of pop entertainment.

Jul 28, 2013 8:13 AM

Jul 2007
symbv said:
Second place does not mean no plot. Plot and fanservice is not something mutual exclusive. To think they have to be exclusive is only shallow and stupid,

technicalities.

If we were to talk that way, TECHNICALLY its impossible to have a narrative without any sort of plot, because anything in narrative can be described as something happening.

fanservice taking the foreground incidentally DOES mean plot taking the background, which on itself means the plot will be less focused on element than fanservice and comedy, which was exactly my point.

particularly considering the LN is basically a form of pop entertainment.

And yet as stuff like fate/zero proves, it does not need to be dumb, shallow or comedic to succeed.
Jul 28, 2013 8:19 AM

Mar 2013
Fai said:

The plot synopsis and that main picture on LN page does not fill me with confidence at this being any good.

The synopsis is actually really bad for this series it's very plot heavy and nothing like Zero no Tsukaima.

Basically the novels start with a border battle between two countries Brune the main charactor Tigre's country and zheted the land of the Vanadis, Brune loses and Tigre is taken prisioner for ransom.

The story revolves around Tigre fight to protect his people and his interaction with the 7 Vanadis, it involves civil war, lots of large scale battles with tactics and strategy, the fan service is there but not overly so the main character most definitely not a pervert.

Jul 28, 2013 8:19 AM

Sep 2012
Fai said:
If we were to talk that way, TECHNICALLY its impossible to have a narrative without any sort of plot, because anything in narrative can be described as something happening.

fanservice taking the foreground incidentally DOES mean plot taking the background, which on itself means the plot will be less focused on element than fanservice and comedy, which was exactly my point.
That does not mean it has nothing resembling plot, which is the gross exaggeration way you put, which makes you look really unintelligent and unable to articulate your reasoning well.

And I do not believe that having some focus on fanservice and comedy means a plot is thus gone. I am sure if there is no story told there, the LN (and the anime) would be far from successful. The only thing you could say is that you wanted more focus on plot than was provided there. That does not mean that there is no plot. It is

Fai said:
]And yet as stuff like fate/zero proves, it does not need to be dumb, shallow or comedic to succeed.
Well, this is what variety is for. You can have serious and deep stuff but there are other types of work around. Nobody needs to trash Fate/Zero for being too serous or complex, and I don't think there is a need to trash a work for being what it is - some light entertainment (besides from what I read not even all five belong to this category). Not being too deep does not mean it is shallow. Not being complex does not mean it is dumb. And what is wrong for comedy to succeed?

Jul 28, 2013 8:22 AM

Jul 2007
Newhopes said:
Fai said:

The synopsis is actually really bad for this series it's very plot heavy and nothing like Zero no Tsukaima.

Basically the novels start with a border battle between two countries Brune the main charactor Tigre's country and zheted the land of the Vanadis, Brune loses and Tigre is taken prisioner for ransom.

The story revolves around Tigre fight to protect his people and his interaction with the 7 Vanadis, it involves civil war, lots of large scale battles with tactics and strategy, the fan service is there but not overly so the main character most definitely not a pervert.

Okay this actually sounds decent(barring fake european country trope)

how much fanservice is there exactly and how is it handled? is it typical sexist stuff or is it more subtle sexual nature of stuff?

Is it a harem?

and how is balance between female and male leads? is it typical "wimpy male, always angry female" or is it more balanced with both having moments of badassery?
Jul 28, 2013 8:25 AM

Sep 2012
Fai said:

But you said after reading the synopses it is about "indecisive wimpy male" with "abusive female leads', no?? Jumping to conclusion then?

Jul 28, 2013 8:38 AM

Mar 2013
Fai said:
Newhopes said:
Fai said:

how much fanservice is there exactly and how is it handled? is it typical sexist stuff or is it more subtle sexual nature of stuff?

Is it a harem?

and how is balance between female and male leads? is it typical "wimpy male, always angry female" or is it more balanced with both having moments of badassery?

Alot of it is accidently this is slight spoiler, after he's captured and taken back to Zheted after his training he went to a well to wash not knowing it was female only and walked into the Ellen the white haired vanadis naked.

And the main Charactor is in no way a wimp and none of the girls are abusives apart from one which was down to him been a prisoner of war rather than romance ETC, in fact main reason he was taken was due to the vanadis respect for his skill with the bow.
NewhopesJul 28, 2013 8:41 AM

Jul 28, 2013 8:43 AM

Jun 2011
Mr_Gutts said:
same thing again the light novel over the manga version.
But why would they adapt an adaption? They're doing this because the light novel is the source material.

UtsukushiiYume said:
Personally, this one is on the bottom of my list for all of the adaptations announced so far. Personally. It may be because the preview doesn't show me anything of interest.
Yeah. I am going to wait for more info like maybe how the anime's art is going to look, but I'm pretty much in agreement.
Jul 28, 2013 8:44 AM

Jul 2007
Newhopes said:

Alot of it is accidently this is slight spoiler, after he's captured and taken back to Zheted after his training he went to a well to wash not knowing it was female only and walked into the Ellen the white haired vanadis naked.

And the main Charactor is in no way a wimp and none of the girls are abusives apart from one which was down to him been a prisoner of war rather than romance ETC, in fact main reason he was taken was due to the vanadis respect for his skill with the bow.

Hm, this sounds decent(unlike other ln adaptations anounced) even if a bit generic, os tlikely will check out ep or two once it airs to see whether its any good.

How does it compare to other war-focused stuff like utawarerumono?
Jul 28, 2013 9:02 AM

Mar 2013
Fai said:
Newhopes said:

Hm, this sounds decent(unlike other ln adaptations anounced) even if a bit generic, os tlikely will check out ep or two once it airs to see whether its any good.

How does it compare to other war-focused stuff like utawarerumono?

I've never watched utawarerumono so can't really compare if you want to know what the series is like your better off trying the manga.

Jul 28, 2013 10:41 AM

Oct 2007
Fai said:
Newhopes said:
Fai said:

Is it a harem?

I read a bit of the manga so can sort of answer. The female is essentially like some sort of super soldier with a special weapon given to her by a sort of high king that makes her even stronger. The MC is the best archer in his kingdom but obviously still just a regular soldier with no special weapon. Both are pretty with it and rational people with good moral values (If I recall the main Eleonora tours her kingdom in disguise to see how conditions are and how she can improve as regent) etc only she seems to be more fixated on fighting and conquering etc from what I can tell. It was pretty balanced that I saw although I never got to any of the other Vanadis.
PeacingOutJul 28, 2013 10:46 AM
Jul 28, 2013 10:59 AM

Mar 2010
Don't be so quick to judge this one a generic harem. This is the best title of the five. While it has fanservice, the strategy fight (which this LN mostly about) was good and interesting.
Also the main heroine is not annoying tsundere, she's kinda like a seducer.

I don't blame you all, I had the same mind as you when I started this. But please give it a try.
Jul 28, 2013 11:09 AM

Mar 2013
I better spoiler this just some minor background.

Jul 28, 2013 12:49 PM

Feb 2012
Looks cool, will watch.
Jul 28, 2013 1:39 PM
Sep 2012
Started to read this not too long ago, might become a great anime. Looking forward to this! :)
Jul 28, 2013 2:20 PM

Jul 2007
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I read a bit of the manga so can sort of answer. The female is essentially like some sort of super soldier with a special weapon given to her by a sort of high king that makes her even stronger. The MC is the best archer in his kingdom but obviously still just a regular soldier with no special weapon. Both are pretty with it and rational people with good moral values (If I recall the main Eleonora tours her kingdom in disguise to see how conditions are and how she can improve as regent) etc only she seems to be more fixated on fighting and conquering etc from what I can tell. It was pretty balanced that I saw although I never got to any of the other Vanadis.

That actually sounds good (minus the typical "oh he is totally normal male attracting all those females" stuff and "uguuu" character designs), that is if other "vanadis" or whatever you call it characters do not overshadow and turn it into harem story latter on.

This is literally the only one of five announcements today that sounds remotely decent. Is it known yet which studio handles this?
Jul 28, 2013 3:42 PM
Mar 2013
Fai said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

That actually sounds good (minus the typical "oh he is totally normal male attracting all those females" stuff and "uguuu" character designs), that is if other "vanadis" or whatever you call it characters do not overshadow and turn it into harem story latter on.

This is literally the only one of five announcements today that sounds remotely decent. Is it known yet which studio handles this?

he is not normal. actually he is a smart Tactician/Strategist.

and he has a super special Bow that boost his skills.

FYI i read Light novel
Jul 28, 2013 4:22 PM

May 2010
terrible
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Today

4 by MichaelJackson »»
2 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

71 by MichaelJackson »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
Today, 9:22 AM

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.