Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 27, 2013 7:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another cute episode :>

I think Illya is getting used to some of her powers. LOL, she is freaking out:

Action was decent I guess. Oh nice save Illya. I think her magic got a bit better this episode. Surprisingly, I'm enjoying the OST more than I had thought.

BLACK SABER SPOTTED. I like where this is going now.
Jul 27, 2013 11:32 AM

Feb 2009
Caster is powerful as fuck. She's grossly underpowered in the HGW. With that firepower, she could have a chance in winning it with her magic that came from the Age of the Gods. That's another story I guess. And lol, they did list Tanaka Atsuko for her in the credits. And all she did was mumble here and did a few smirks.

Watching anime paid off for Illya huh as she flew on her first try. Her reasoning was spot on though. Miyu is quite grounded by her knowledge and the laws of physics. It's magic, I ain't gonna explain shit. And getting pushed off a helicopter to train to fly doesn't help really. She did kind of cheat in flying but it's passable.

Fuck, that action sequence was awesome. I was sure it would deliver judging from the PV and the OP but I didn't expect it to be this good. From the beamspam to the final attack and the activation of Gae Bolg. Awesome stuff, will rewatch again.
And now I understand why the OST is awesome as hell. It's the same guy as in Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon. And I keep hearing remixes of the previous tracks in the game. Made the fight twice as enjoyable.

Though shit hit the fan there. Saber Alter.
As I said before, a bittersweet feeling to see her finally getting animated but animated first before Heaven's Feel. They really got detail with her swirling dark aura.
Awesome episode. Will rewatch again and again.

PS. Illya, that's not how you use the Archer card ;)
And still can't get used to Miyu having boobs.
belatkuroJul 27, 2013 11:47 AM
Jul 27, 2013 12:38 PM

Jul 2009
DON'T THINK. IMASINE... what? oO"?

Caster is uberpowerful and saber alter finally appears \o/
Next episode gonna be freaking awesome. So those who still think that is not fate should eat poop.

After watching this episode i feel like playing fate unlimited code again for caster shooting game 8D
bruh
Jul 27, 2013 1:16 PM

Jul 2007
FUCK YES, seeing Saber Alter animated is awesome. And the best part of this season is coming now. YESSSSSS.

Good to see that they are not avoiding blood completely as its quite vital part of violence in latter parts of the manga, so silver link most likely won't stray away from those scenes when time comes to animate them.

kei78 said:

Basis of magecraft in nasuverse IS based on emotional state of the user. Reality Marbles are based on emotion and psychology of their owner, the normal magecraft requires emotional concentration to not burn out the circuits and emotional state can very much affect magecraft one has

Scientific knowledge of magecraft means A LOT, various types of magecraft require it, but its pointless if user does not have the state of mind or emotional state required for it too.

So those who still think that is not fate should eat poop.

Yep. Saber Alter appearance starts the GREAT part of Season One. Its where the mood of the manga starts to slowly shift. And the funniest thing is Season Two and Season Three manage to top it.

Drei >>> Zwei >>>>> 1st Season.

Those who thought of this show as of "magical girl show" will slowly have to realize that its not "magical girl show" its fate Show which just happens to have two magical girls in it.
AhenshihaelJul 27, 2013 1:21 PM
Jul 28, 2013 12:09 AM

Jul 2009
Fai said:

kei78 said:

Basis of magecraft in nasuverse IS based on emotional state of the user. Reality Marbles are based on emotion and psychology of their owner, the normal magecraft requires emotional concentration to not burn out the circuits and emotional state can very much affect magecraft one has

What i mean is there is a big typo mistake in the background when illya says that. xD
got no pic atm pic found!

And yes, archer card works that way.
kei78Jul 28, 2013 2:25 AM
bruh
Jul 28, 2013 3:26 AM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:
Caster is powerful as fuck. She's grossly underpowered in the HGW. With that firepower, she could have a chance in winning it with her magic that came from the Age of the Gods.

Lets not go in that type of discussion please....Not in a Type Moon thread.
Fuck it...No she wouldnt.Saber and Berserker are only two reasons.
Jul 28, 2013 4:54 AM

Apr 2009
Man, to think that it's a spin-off that manages to feature an animated Saber Alter first.
Jul 28, 2013 5:57 AM

Feb 2009
ssjokg said:
belatkuro said:
Caster is powerful as fuck. She's grossly underpowered in the HGW. With that firepower, she could have a chance in winning it with her magic that came from the Age of the Gods.

That's why I said chance. I didn't say she will win outright.
She still has Rule Breaker for Saber. Not really sure about Berserker but if she had this firepower and fought from a distance, probably. That why she bothered to do all that mana gathering stuff in UBW in the VN, to prepare for Berserker. And she still has some cards to play like Kuzuki and Assassin Kojiro if you want to count that in the discussion. But feel free to say I'm wrong as I suck at powerlevel discussions.
Jul 28, 2013 6:25 AM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:
ssjokg said:
belatkuro said:

That's why I said chance. I didn't say she will win outright.
She still has Rule Breaker for Saber. Not really sure about Berserker but if she had this firepower and fought from a distance, probably. That why she bothered to do all that mana gathering stuff in UBW in the VN, to prepare for Berserker. And she still has some cards to play like Kuzuki and Assassin Kojiro if you want to count that in the discussion.

Rule breaker worked on Saber because she let her use it.Berserker would heal himself and become immune to her attacks before he dies 12 times.Kuzuki and Assassin would help against Saber but not against Berserker.And if we were to add the Servant-like Leysritt in the Berserker Team then it gets even harder for Caster Team.
belatkuro said:

But feel free to say I'm wrong as I suck at powerlevel discussions.

what? lol
Jul 28, 2013 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
I got a question about power level. Who is stronger:

Saber Alter or Zero Archer?
Jul 28, 2013 7:05 AM

Aug 2009
Stark700 said:

Zero Archer.And unlike Saber he wouldnt care if Alter just died on the spot.
Jul 28, 2013 7:10 AM

Feb 2009
Stark700 said:

Oh boy. I'll try but I may be wrong.

Saber Alter I think. While she does have decreased magic resistance and instict due to the corruption, she makes up for it for increased power. Normal Saber's Excalibur is said to be at least on par with Enuma Elish. The only reason why Ea is stronger is because it has the effect of the world splitting as the Sword that Splits the Heaven and Earth. So she could overpower Ea with her Excaliblast.
And Alter has unlimited reserves with
as the Master, while Gil gets gimped a bit in stats and prana supply with Kotomine as the Master. Gil is actually stronger statwise when Tokiomi was his Master.

Again, I suck at powerlevel discussions so feel free to disagree with me.
Jul 28, 2013 7:22 AM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:
Stark700 said:

Oh boy. I'll try but I may be wrong.

Saber Alter I think. While she does have decreased magic resistance and instict due to the corruption, she makes up for it for increased power. Normal Saber's Excalibur is said to be at least on par with Enuma Elish. The only reason why Ea is stronger is because it has the effect of the world splitting as the Sword that Splits the Heaven and Earth. So she could overpower Ea with her Excaliblast.
And Alter has unlimited reserves with
as the Master, while Gil gets gimped a bit in stats and prana supply with Kotomine as the Master. Gil is actually stronger statwise when Tokiomi was his Master.

Again, I suck at powerlevel discussions so feel free to disagree with me.

Sure.Only that Excaliblast was blown away,opening a hole in space,and leaving her mortally injured, by a less than 5% Enuma Elish without the anti world ability in effect.
Enuma Elish:4000+ bonus for each treasure in GoB.
Excaliblast:less than 200(A+++ rank is at 200,Excalibur(both Alter version and normal are at A++)

Alter was in a stalemate against Rider.A GoB bombardment(on the level used against Zero Berserker) would do more than just hold her back.
ssjokgJul 28, 2013 7:31 AM
Jul 28, 2013 11:06 AM

Jul 2007
I just....uhhh...how anyone could EVER believe that Alter version of servant - which is MAJORLY gimped due to corruption would be inferior to a specific servant who has weapon to split the world in half and would massacre her in real fight if he was not so obsessed. Infinite mana or not, to face gilgamesh you need to have VERY specific power set and exploit his egoism. Otherwise you will get owned.

Saber is good against magic and single targets, can deliver decent single target damage, etc, but servants sort of balance each other out.

Overall Archer might not fare as well, BUT considering WHO this archer is...well...its pretty broken person to become archer. The only thing really saving Saber in fsn from gilgamesh is his obsession. And alter does not have that upper hand, carnival phantasm nonwithstanding.
AhenshihaelJul 28, 2013 11:19 AM
Jul 28, 2013 9:35 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I sooo need to rewatch this HQ now.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 28, 2013 11:14 PM

Nov 2012
good episode. "DONT THINK. IMAGINE." best moment.
man ilya is such a cutie C:
Jul 29, 2013 12:30 AM
Sep 2012
Great episode! Funny and cuteness in the beginning, with lots of magic battle action in the end!

*Insert huge smile on face*

That ending card definitely pulls on the heart strings. :D
Jul 29, 2013 2:25 AM
Mar 2012
Saber Alter finally appears!
Jul 29, 2013 6:50 AM

Jan 2009
good to see Saber Alter animated
Jul 29, 2013 7:10 AM

Apr 2010
Saber looks so much better than in the manga i was really looking forward to seeing her like that.
The fight with Caster was also nicely animated.
For their second fight to fight two of the most powerful spirits the girls aren't getting things the easy way.
Jul 29, 2013 7:56 AM

Feb 2010
Don't think! Imagine! Ilya is so cute.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2013 9:23 AM

May 2013
Saber at the end.
Jul 29, 2013 9:28 AM
Oct 2012
This show reminds me a lot of "Pretti Sammi" from around 15 years ago - a spinoff that is a parody of the Mahou Shoujo genre that, while I am not a fan of the main series, I do find this series a lot of fun. Both are/were entertaining to watch, and were an enjoyable way to spend 23 minutes.

This episode the "oh course magic girls can fly" was funny, and I love the incidental music they are using (particularly when the girl is in the helicopter for a little tough love). Next episode should be fun to watch.
Jul 29, 2013 10:34 AM

Aug 2011
SABER ALTER! Shit got real.
Jul 29, 2013 10:34 AM

Jul 2013
Episode, very action packed but some lighthearted moments for training how to fly.

It's time for Saber's spotlight in the next episode!

Jul 29, 2013 1:32 PM

Mar 2010
Yaay! Saber ♥
Jul 29, 2013 2:20 PM

Dec 2008
F*ck yeah! Saber Alter!

Also, to those who have read the manga, do the servants ever make appearances aside from their dark forms?
Jul 29, 2013 2:24 PM

Aug 2009
sarroush said:
F*ck yeah! Saber Alter!

Also, to those who have read the manga, do the servants ever make appearances aside from their dark forms?
Jul 29, 2013 3:40 PM

Jul 2007
sarroush said:
F*ck yeah! Saber Alter!

Jul 29, 2013 4:02 PM
Oct 2010
awww yea saber fucking alter bitches

holy massive error on that one frame -__- fail

airheads like ilya make the best magical girls lol

Imasine - Ilya 2016
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jul 29, 2013 4:19 PM

Jan 2013
Well this got really interesting.
Ah crap I'll have to re-watch this. I saw the worst quality.
Haha, look at these:
Lol this is so cute yet so rude to just kick her out, I mean seriously she is just 10 or so years old.

I love her expression here

I need to share this with someone who was saying that anime should have real life physics, love Ilya's reply about this is just an anime you shouldn't think much about it.

That imasination :D

Also the sentence: "Well, it is anime, so you shouldn't think too much about it..." made me laugh out loud.
ao_no_exoJul 29, 2013 4:25 PM
Jul 29, 2013 8:45 PM

Feb 2013
OH SHIET iT'S SABER DANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGG
Jul 29, 2013 9:05 PM

Jan 2011
Next time you see a hater insisting this isn't really part of Fate and just a kiddified spinoff, go ahead and tell them what they missed out on.
Jul 30, 2013 12:08 AM

May 2012
yay teamwork :p
and...

SABER!!!!!!!!!! :D
Jul 30, 2013 12:49 AM

Sep 2012
very good episode...

love the comedy on it...

Illya fly in just one try...proof that she's a mahou shoujo fan...LOL

Alter Saber next week wooohooo...at last i will finally see Alter saber in anime....

xD
Jul 30, 2013 4:57 AM

Aug 2009
Well she is Saber Alter but at the same time she is nothing like her....feels weird.
Jul 30, 2013 6:45 AM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
Well she is Saber Alter but at the same time she is nothing like her....feels weird.

To be exact:

She is MORE saber alter than saber alter is.
Jul 30, 2013 6:50 AM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
ssjokg said:

To be exact:

The original we know of isnt a berserker(cant find better word) like Saber.She has the same intelligence as the normal Saber.

So yeah with the Original in mind,the one here isnt the Alter we know.

And I dont think we ever had a clear definition on what Alter really is,except for "corrupted Servant".
Jul 30, 2013 12:03 PM

Oct 2011
Great teamwork against Castor. Saber!!!!!
Jul 30, 2013 3:05 PM

Aug 2011
SABER ALTER
Jul 30, 2013 6:55 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
ssjokg said:
Fai said:
ssjokg said:

To be exact:

The original we know of isnt a berserker(cant find better word) like Saber.She has the same intelligence as the normal Saber.

All the servant from cards in this season are on autopilot mode with no personality. Thus they appear to just berserk.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 30, 2013 6:57 PM

Aug 2009
wakka9ca said:
ssjokg said:
Fai said:
ssjokg said:

To be exact:

All the servant from cards in this season are on autopilot mode with no personality. Thus they appear to just berserk.
YEah I know.That is why I say that they are nothing alike.
Jul 31, 2013 5:03 AM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
wakka9ca said:
ssjokg said:
Fai said:
ssjokg said:

To be exact:

YEah I know.That is why I say that they are nothing alike.

But that's exactly how "alter" servants should be, case in point

The fact that Saber ALter in HF

So in that sense, "alters" in Illya are closer to how they were intended to be
Jul 31, 2013 8:43 AM

Jul 2013
The fight scene was awesome. Yay for Miyu and Ilya finally being able to work together. Also, Saber at the end there looked badass.
Jul 31, 2013 1:32 PM

Sep 2011
dat engrish

Aug 2, 2013 11:36 AM

Jan 2012
The fight with caster was great, but with sabers appearance, I'M HYPED!! >_<
Aug 2, 2013 1:49 PM

Aug 2007
Wow that was fast I was expecting Miyu to come to an understanding of Illya come next ep. Oh well since this episode was great anyway that was a great fight. Though the appearance of Saber just made it even more amazing. Next episode is shaping to be an amazing one.
Aug 2, 2013 9:22 PM

Jan 2011
Action looks great in HD, with Caster being OP as fuck i knew they were gonna have a hard time when Dark Saber shows up...

Dark Saber appears! *well shit*
Aug 3, 2013 1:38 AM
Nov 2010
Wow. This anime is so cute but has such amaaazing fighting scenes. @.@ Seeing Caster that strong was really cool. I loved watching the intricate magical patterns. The comedy is so good as well. Laughed so hard at the flying theme and imagine quote. xD
Aug 4, 2013 6:15 AM

Nov 2010
Wow, Caster's attacks were amazing
Next, EXCALIBURRRRRR!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

224 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

157 by C3L3RY »»
Oct 1, 2023 6:43 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

74 by Apreggi »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:15 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

304 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 8:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.