Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 24, 2016 9:01 PM

Dec 2013
Dat fanservice :3

Not surprised about the father...
Dec 4, 2016 2:25 AM

Jun 2013
This is a pretty silly arc, I'll admit. If I didn't know better, I would think this is a mystery/supernatural series, and not action/sci-fi, as the genre tags would lead one to believe. So yeah, instead of action or interesting locations, we get lots of dialogue. And normally I like dialogue focused anime, when it's executed well - which in this case, it isn't, really. The characters just don't quite sell it to me.

Somnia said:
Is this anime even about Index?

Indeed, "A Certain Magical Index" is certainly an artifact title at this point. "A Certain Supernatural City" would have been more accurate, although it might not have sold as well. My guess is that the lack of appearances of Index might also be due to the writers of the anime adaptation switching up the order of chapters or entire arcs from the source material.
LeeTailorDec 4, 2016 2:31 AM
Nov 14, 2017 12:24 PM

Apr 2013
Well it could only be the Russian girl or his father since everyone else was either known or looks like someone he knows. But why would that Russian girl tell him that the angel is incomplete if she's the magician? So his dad was the only possible option left.
Jan 23, 2018 7:26 AM

Aug 2015
Welp, now I'll have to search for some lewd Kaori fanart.

I'm kidding, I actually already did when she first appeared.

Touma's father was already suspicious from the moment he appeared, so that's not really much of a surprise (unless this is a red herring, but I doubt that). Himegami was too good! I'm really liking this arc. One thing that bothered me when Touma came running to Kaori in the end asking where was his father was... why didn't he call her? Tell her to keep an eye on him and to look for Misha or something like that. Phones exist in this world, I remember him calling hospitals way back. Well, since he said he wants to take care of this himself, maybe he didn't call her so she couldn't act alone, but it still feels a bit unsatisfactory...

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓☆ふわふわる▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ふわふわり☆▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      BE KAWAII         
Mar 26, 2018 2:08 PM

Sep 2017
Just when I was starting to be disappointed they weren't making use of Aisa in all the body switches, the episode delivered her in a big truck :)

Glad they brought Kaori back for this arc, and hoping we get some more background and/or character building for her.
Apr 20, 2018 2:26 AM

Sep 2017
Man, this was excellent. They used the characters in the show intelligently.

In the OP, loli sensei bumping into Yomikawa's boobs was funny. Also, Kanzaki in Stiyl's form was funny. I think both Stiyl and Kanzaki Kaori are destined for each other.

Kaori retains her hotness every episode. And LOL at Touya getting flustered over his father sleeping with Index. But of course, if his mom looked that hot like in picture, I would bang her too.

Nice deducing that the hooded blonde was behind this and that his father had something to do with it.
JeremiahOrangeApr 20, 2018 2:31 AM

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Oct 28, 2018 1:38 PM

Dec 2014
how many surprizes..so like is the father culprit or not
Jan 7, 2019 6:30 PM

Dec 2014
well that couldn't have been more obvious
Feb 18, 2019 1:52 AM

Aug 2017
Mmm, Kanzaki is in the form of Stiyl. Her reaction is funny lmao. So, Touma's dad caused Angel Fall. What about Misha?

Aisa's scene was hilarious lol.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 20, 2019 3:28 PM

Jun 2012
It was kinda obvious it was his father the whole time.
Like they kept saying it was someone close to Touma, and every other member of Touma's family has had their face switched with someone else.

So there's literally nobody else it could be.
Feb 22, 2019 9:17 AM
Aug 2013
Hmm so many events have been changed, The most major one is Hino Jinsaku part that was cut down and as a result a big portion of suspense was wasted away.
Also Kaori's fortune part and why she left the Amakusa we so poorly conveyed :|
Except for that I cant complain, I know it's so hard to cover the this arc in 3 episodes but I'm enjoying it.

And I have to give credit to Aogami pierce seiyuu for how he can imitate Index's way of speaking XD

adrian_and_sela said:
and every other member of Touma's family has had their face switched with someone else.

So there's literally nobody else it could be.

If you see it from Touma's perspective he doesn't remember how his dad looks like in the first place, and Kaori, Tsuchimikado & Misha haven't met him before so it wasn't known if that man's appearance has changed or not
__amaterasu__Feb 22, 2019 9:40 AM
Mar 5, 2020 8:41 AM

Aug 2018
Hm.. So blonde guy also is thankful to Touma for saving of Index?.. Is it mages' or church position talking in him or something?.. Or was he also familiar with Index once, and not wishing others to keep getting traumatized by Index' amnesia that was previously?.. Or why he says this, I wonder?..
Eh?.. Why Touma was against their parents having sex, though, and potentially giving him sibling?.. I mean, it's their business really..
This arc is really enjoyable.. We don't get about characters much, but we get about possible bizarre roles characters could take, which is also interesting.. ;P
Nov 2, 2020 5:36 AM

Jan 2017
Kinda weird how Touma just straight away it was Misha tbh, glad the anime fast forward the house scene since that plot point was quite unneeded in the LN
Aug 30, 2021 11:04 PM

Mar 2016
Getting interesting now. Is Touya really the caster, or did he just get something he probably shouldn't have from one of his international trips and is being used as a scapegoat? Not seeing a reason for Touya to want to or even have the ability to cast the spell, and then Misha's been rather withheld.

One of them, both of them, or even someone else?!

For lulz, we got Geisha taxi driver, Himegami truck driver, and Kanazaki fanservice. Touma better have saved that view deep into his memory just incase he gets hit by another Dragon's Breath in future ;)
Mar 15, 2022 3:42 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
This was really confusing for me to understand who is really representing who now. But well beside that I am now intrigues to know why of the spell oO

May 4, 2022 5:27 AM
Oct 2019
Kanzaki Boba!! finally after all this time lol

Oh Daddy is sus...
But why?
Nov 4, 2023 8:22 PM
May 2020
seems like the dad is the main antagonist in this lil arc
Nov 20, 2023 3:02 PM

Nov 2023
Oh my, fan service baby!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» So, Where is Index 4?

BerriesSan - Apr 14

2 by BerriesSan »»
Apr 15, 9:12 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cabaret - Mar 18, 2009

279 by R2Doucebag »»
Mar 27, 8:18 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

AkariChan - Feb 5, 2009

155 by 8iman »»
Jan 14, 3:53 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 29, 2008

205 by DebiPS »»
Jan 11, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Index - probably the most annoying character ever. ( 1 2 )

Rodaa - Jan 24, 2014

74 by Kayfee »»
Dec 6, 2023 11:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.