Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 22, 2009 8:55 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The whole confusions are cleared up to some point.
They found the culprit mh, but is Touya really a magician? And there's still a big question mark above Misha.

The series is much better watchable without the usual overuse of lolis, like in this episode. Index becomes so unimportant, makes me wonder why the series is titled after her^.
Jan 22, 2009 2:15 PM

Jun 2007
Oh lawd....Kaori.
Jan 22, 2009 3:07 PM

Jul 2008
StrikeBlue said:
Oh lawd....Kaori.

I want to be the dad at that moment. lol.
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Jan 22, 2009 8:52 PM

Jan 2009
this is good reduction and rewriting plot
Hino,Jinsaku isn't important guy
Jan 24, 2009 10:20 AM

Feb 2008
AkariChan said:
StrikeBlue said:
Oh lawd....Kaori.

hentai! shes only a little girl you know haha.

that was interesting. who would have guessed. it will be interesting to see how it resolves.
Jan 24, 2009 12:01 PM

Aug 2007
I know why his dad cast the spell. Obv. he wants to sleep with someone younger and did it, had to power to manipulate who switches to whom, so he can legally have sex with a Index.

QED
Jan 24, 2009 12:41 PM

Aug 2008
Jan 24, 2009 1:28 PM

Jul 2008
it was a nice setup and ended with a well cliffhangar, but next time the fight will start.

Jan 24, 2009 5:05 PM

Nov 2007
dn dn dnnnnnnnn so it's his father, I had a feeling that his dad seemed to natural, I mean he was one of the ones who didn't change into someone we know so yeah ... xD
Jan 24, 2009 5:18 PM

Jul 2008
Crimsonwill said:
dn dn dnnnnnnnn so it's his father, I had a feeling that his dad seemed to natural, I mean he was one of the ones who didn't change into someone we know so yeah ... xD

Yeah, tho Touma did second-guess that he was not his real father during the episode, but at the end when he saw that picture frame with him in it, he found out that he's the real father :\
Jan 24, 2009 6:40 PM

Jan 2008
o_O ♥Kaori♥sama♥ o_O nice *gllllll* but whats with that reaction ????
Touma ???? no nosebleed not even a blush by seeing such a beauty naked ???
is he in the end really a lolicon ????? o_O who the hell can not end up fainted-by-bloodlost in that situation o_O unbelievable .... ♥Kaori♥sama♥ *glll*
but she isnt the fastest isnt she ? xD

edit: wait a minute ..o_O if theyre right doesnt that also mean he also saw kaori's real body ??? o_O
RaiStorMJan 24, 2009 7:29 PM

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Jan 24, 2009 11:27 PM

Aug 2008
I was bribed with fan service, so I'm not gonna say a thing..
Jan 24, 2009 11:35 PM

Jan 2008
kisami said:
AkariChan said:
StrikeBlue said:
Oh lawd....Kaori.

hentai! shes only a little girl you know haha.

that was interesting. who would have guessed. it will be interesting to see how it resolves.

i wouldn't say 18 is a little girl...
Jan 24, 2009 11:38 PM

Jul 2008
Kvakond said:

karada wa shoujiki ne ... (^^b
Jan 24, 2009 11:49 PM

Jan 2008
AkariChan said:
Kvakond said:

karada wa shoujiki ne ... (^^b

what does that mean?
i know karada means body... what does the rest mean?
Jan 25, 2009 1:50 AM
Oct 2007
The build up took a little long so it was kinda boring. Idk, I think this episode could've been better. Next looks nice.
Jan 25, 2009 1:53 AM

Jan 2008
That was some very delicious fan service @.@ <3
Jan 25, 2009 4:15 AM

Jan 2009
SwordWielde said:

>karada wa shoujiki ne ... (^^b
what does that mean?

karada ; body, a part of body
wa  ;is,are
shoujiki ; honest,frank
ne  ;appendix
Jan 25, 2009 7:50 AM

Jan 2009
Misha is really interesting character imo. I liked this episode, though it was pretty much suspecting different people.
Jan 25, 2009 9:45 AM

Feb 2008
One thing was really confusing for me during this episode:

Which character was seen as which character from which point of view? o.O

MRLX69 said:
I know why his dad cast the spell. Obv. he wants to sleep with someone younger and did it, had to power to manipulate who switches to whom, so he can legally have sex with a Index.

QED

O.O

OF COURSE.......Thats it!

And if he really is the magician who cast the "Angel Fall", then he could even see Kaoris naked body and just pretend to see the smoking magician.

What a pervert old man.... *a bit envious*
Jan 25, 2009 9:48 AM

Mar 2008
Great episode, great turn of events. So Touma's father is the caster ? But what about Misha then ? I think they are connected...

Kanzaki in the bath was an enjoyable moment :)

And i laughed a lot when Touma was in a panic when his father tried to sleep with Index ^^ Truck-driver Himegami was also ultra funny :)
Jan 25, 2009 10:16 AM
Jul 2008
Great episode..of course toumas dad is the caster..dha..that was obvious

Tsuchimikado is a very enjoyable character..btw, fight next episode :)
Jan 25, 2009 10:18 AM

Jul 2008
Welp. That was interesting, Mischa still freaks me out, and while I called it being Touma's dad, I'm don't have a single clue behind the motive.

As for Kaori... Bring on the DVD(or so I hope)

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Jan 25, 2009 11:49 AM

May 2007
Honestly, I thought they'd know better than making the already-obvious dad the culprint. The only thing that's interesting is that the Russian girl was siding with him.

MRLX69 said:

QED

QFT.
Jan 25, 2009 11:50 AM

Feb 2008
I'm still confused, this is like watching Geass R2 without having seen season 1...

As a result, I'm left with only two comments, both directed at Kanzaki.
1. Buy some new clothes if you don't want people looking at your naked body, seriously, who dresses like that?
2. Don't bathe for a while if you're a woman trapped in a man's body. Alternatively, bathe in a sink or something. Stupid woman...
Jan 25, 2009 12:35 PM
Jun 2007
Kannzaki is hot. Touma needs to PIHB.

Also, I called it that the Dad was the magician a while back. Everyone else who switched seemed to be close to him, or switched to something really weird(like Index becoming a guy)

The dad was the only normal one. So I knew it was him. Now we just need to know why.

Jan 25, 2009 1:49 PM

Dec 2007
Umm, is it just me or am I the only one who is confused with that home trip? Toumas dad said it would take a day to get to home and back to springs - by train. And Touma just get there before Index-mom and Misha. Just... Is there something wrong?
Jan 25, 2009 2:02 PM
Feb 2008
So it was Touma's father after all but what kind of relation Misha has and why she didn't touch Touma's hand if she wasn't the spellcaster ?
Jan 25, 2009 2:08 PM

Sep 2007
FFFFFFFFFFFF Kaori

They did a nice hax with Misha being the "culprit". And lulz at Himegami being the truck driver.
Jan 25, 2009 2:31 PM

Feb 2008
Interesting episode.
I didn't expect Touma's father to be the caster. And I really like Misha. Can't wait for the next episode.
Wasabi said:
And lulz at Himegami being the truck driver.

I lol'd so hard there.
Jan 25, 2009 2:51 PM

May 2008
At least was a nice break from all the loli's
Jan 25, 2009 3:15 PM

Sep 2008
meh, im disappointed by how obvious the culprit was made it to look. i mean, its just plain too obvious. wouldve been better if theres a twist in the culprit's identity.

episode isnt great, only two things really caught my attention:
1. kanazaki...... what a very very random fanservice moment in the anime.
2. misha aisa as a truck driver. did they just forgot about her and added her near the end or something?

meh, since theres nothing much to say about this arc, how you think this arc will end?
- the traditional ending where touma winds up in the hospital injured, and index comes to bite him,
- nothing much happens in the ending,
- or everything that happened everyone will remember but in their original bodies, meaning a very angry index, after getting injured alot in the switched body, will bite touma's head.
atruong18Jan 25, 2009 5:31 PM
Jan 25, 2009 4:52 PM

Oct 2008
atruong18 said:
meh, im disappointed by how obvious the culprit was made it to look. i mean, its just plain too obvious. wouldve been better if theres a twist in the culprit's identity.

episode isnt great, only two things really caught my attention:
1. kanazaki...... what a very very random fanservice moment in the anime.
2. misha as a truck driver. did they just forgot about her and added her near the end or something?

meh, since theres nothing much to say about this arc, how you think this arc will end?
- the traditional ending where touma winds up in the hospital injured, and index comes to bite him,
- nothing much happens in the ending,
- or everything that happened everyone will remember but in their original bodies, meaning a very angry index, after getting injured alot in the switched body, will bite touma's head.

wasn't that already a twist? Hell, we don't even know the motive or if it really is his dad(though it's more likely to be him, obviously). It was slow for Touma to know who the culprit is because he lost his memory so he doesn't really know the true faces of who's who.

In my opinion it was for the better that his dad is the culprit cuz it adds more to the story instead of another random guy again to be the enemy w/c the show already filled us with for the past arcs.

as for the ending, I wouldn't care less if it will go to that direction as it was intended to be for humor. The real ending is what will happen to the fight and their family.

oh and it's Himegami not misha as a truck driver hehe :P
I hate Chihiro subs... nuff said
Jan 25, 2009 5:09 PM

Jul 2008
Hana-kei said:
SwordWielde said:

>karada wa shoujiki ne ... (^^b
what does that mean?

karada ; body, a part of body
wa  ;is,are
shoujiki ; honest,frank
ne  ;appendix

正解ですよ!~ (It's correct!)

De-JaY said:
Interesting episode.
I didn't expect Touma's father to be the caster. And I really like Misha. Can't wait for the next episode.
Wasabi said:

I lol'd so hard there.
I lol'ed too, but I lol'ed more when i saw "Yes We Can!" in the last episode. that was priceless.
Jan 25, 2009 5:13 PM

Sep 2008
codename64546 said:

It was slow for Touma to know who the culprit is because he lost his memory so he doesn't really know the true faces of who's who.

oh and it's Himegami not misha as a truck driver hehe :P

well im fine if his father is somehow involved, but not the actual culprit. cant say until next episode to be sure.

and i guess i messed up on my names again. im not really good at remembering names unless its mentioned over and over
Jan 25, 2009 5:50 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Himegami truck driver was instant win.

For people who said the father is too obvious. Sure, what about Misha then? His father may just be a red herring.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 25, 2009 7:16 PM

Jun 2007
wakka9ca said:

For people who said the father is too obvious. Sure, what about Misha then? His father may just be a red herring.

I agree, the Russian is to eager to kill whoever she thinks in the spell caster and the dad seems to see everyone the same way...which leads me to believe that one of his souvenirs might actually be a protection spell that's keeping his appearance.

In the end it might actually be neither of them and in staid be one of the dad's gifts from overseas lol.

One thing that doesn't make sense though is how the Russian knows all this about the spell and why she avoided being touched by Touma.
Jan 25, 2009 9:18 PM

Nov 2007
DeathfireD said:
wakka9ca said:

I agree, the Russian is to eager to kill whoever she thinks in the spell caster and the dad seems to see everyone the same way...which leads me to believe that one of his souvenirs might actually be a protection spell that's keeping his appearance.

In the end it might actually be neither of them and in staid be one of the dad's gifts from overseas lol.

One thing that doesn't make sense though is how the Russian knows all this about the spell and why she avoided being touched by Touma.

I think your theory on Touma's dad being protected by his souvenirs might be true, especially when Touma and Tsuchimikado went to his house, Tsuchimikado was looking at the souvenirs there. He even told Touma not to touch them, which I suspect were arranged intentionally as some sort of protective charm, either that or Angel Fall which I find very unlikely. Tsuchimikado did say he specialized in Feng Shui, so I think thats involved in some way.
Jan 26, 2009 4:34 AM
Dec 2008

What!? and watch Stiyl naked!?

and nice, Index got owned again~.lol

Next episode is gonna be awesome, looks like there's gonna be an epic fight :D
Jan 26, 2009 10:30 AM
Jul 2018
wakka9ca said:

I know, I cracked up when I saw it. It's getting interesting again.
Jan 26, 2009 12:31 PM
Jul 2008
Eizei said:
Umm, is it just me or am I the only one who is confused with that home trip? Toumas dad said it would take a day to get to home and back to springs - by train. And Touma just get there before Index-mom and Misha. Just... Is there something wrong?

well..touma got back to the beach at sunset so..
Jan 26, 2009 2:39 PM

Jan 2008
♥♥♥Kaori♥♥♥

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Jan 26, 2009 11:52 PM

Dec 2007
AndreAtomic said:

Yep, but that wasn't really the issue. How did he get to his parents home BEFORE Index-mom? Japanese trains should also be fast enough to beat cars. And if the car trip were faster, why didn't Index-mom take that? But yeah, this is a minor thing and it really doesn't matter. After all, the episode was okay, with some good moments ( including Kaori) ^_^
Jan 27, 2009 11:58 AM

Jan 2008
De-JaY said:
Interesting episode.
Wasabi said:

I lol'd so hard there.

I did as well, and I don't even know why either. It was kind of funny though.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jan 27, 2009 12:00 PM

Jan 2008
Eizei said:
AndreAtomic said:

Yep, but that wasn't really the issue. How did he get to his parents home BEFORE Index-mom? Japanese trains should also be fast enough to beat cars. And if the car trip were faster, why didn't Index-mom take that? But yeah, this is a minor thing and it really doesn't matter. After all, the episode was okay, with some good moments ( including Kaori) ^_^

It's not so much a matter of speed, but cost. Imagine for a minute how much a train ride from one city to the next is with tokens, vs what it would cost you to ride in a taxi.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jan 28, 2009 5:51 AM

Oct 2008
Maybe the little Rusian tsundere is the real culprid and Touma's dad wasn't afected because he has an image breaker in his right foot or something o.O
Nice épisode(specialy for that truck driver with Hinegami's face xD)

Jan 28, 2009 6:26 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Angelofspawn said:
Maybe the little Rusian tsundere is the real culprid and Touma's dad wasn't afected because he has an image breaker in his right foot or something o.O
Rofl. xD

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 28, 2009 6:33 AM

Sep 2008
Angelofspawn said:

and the reason he doesnt get misfortune like touma is because of all the rare artifacts he carries around and leaves in his house that overwhelms the imagine breaker's ability to cancel luck!
lol, i would laugh if he really did have that on his foot. would be a sudden turn of events.
Jan 28, 2009 6:58 AM

Jun 2008
Manly Index always gets in trouble :(
Jan 30, 2009 10:41 AM

Oct 2008
Is this anime even about Index?

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» So, Where is Index 4?

BerriesSan - Apr 14

2 by BerriesSan »»
Apr 15, 9:12 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cabaret - Mar 18, 2009

279 by R2Doucebag »»
Mar 27, 8:18 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

AkariChan - Feb 5, 2009

155 by 8iman »»
Jan 14, 3:53 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 29, 2008

205 by DebiPS »»
Jan 11, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Index - probably the most annoying character ever. ( 1 2 )

Rodaa - Jan 24, 2014

74 by Kayfee »»
Dec 6, 2023 11:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.