Forum Settings
Forums

Anime Project 'Kyousou Giga' to Get TV Series in Fall

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 26, 2013 8:24 PM

Aug 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
UtsukushiiYume said:
Wow there's another thing to add to my PTW for fall. How is fall season this good?

I'd say we should way until the episodes are before we judge the quality. It is true that summer and fall look better than the last two seasons, though.

Yes, definitely, but compared to our recent seasons, fall is really looking up for me. I think what I meant to express was the fact that the fall season has so much potential.
Jul 26, 2013 9:24 PM

Mar 2012
Finally, Toei are actually getting off their asses and making another show. It's a good thing considering Precure isn't so crash hot at the moment
Nidhoeggr said:
Aguri/Ace is a good example, but a lot of people forget her voice acting as Alphonse from FMA as well which was imho really great.
A lot of people such as myself watched FMA dubbed so that's probably why not a lot of people remember her as Alphonse. Although from what little I've seen of FMA subbed she does do a great job. I still prefer Aaron Dismuke's performance in the 2003 version, but she's probably better than his English VA in Brotherhood.

Aguri is great too as is Kagura from Gintama. But apart from Taiga, I despise every single tsundere role she's been cast in.
Jul 26, 2013 9:35 PM

Jul 2011
WOOT. One of my favorite ONAs getting a TV series? Heck yes. Super excited for it!!

It's even airing in the Fall Season with many other highly anticipated series for me! Lovely.
Jul 26, 2013 9:45 PM

Mar 2012
Just when I thought Fall couldn't get any better.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jul 26, 2013 9:45 PM

Apr 2012
I've heard good things about Kyousougiga, better check it out soon.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jul 26, 2013 10:09 PM
Dec 2012
More Kyousougiga O_o
Thought I was dreaming but I'm not :D

Can't wait til Fall :)
Jul 26, 2013 11:54 PM

Sep 2012
Finally ! Toei !
Jul 27, 2013 2:20 AM
May 2012
Will Try!!!!
Jul 27, 2013 3:45 AM

Jan 2011
About time. I remember when the first episode came out and I believe it was hyped to be a TV series or a movie at that time but ultimately became a one shot before the OVAs rolled in. In any case, I'm happy to see a short TV series to try flesh out and conceptualize this title.
Jul 27, 2013 7:51 AM

Oct 2011
THAT CAST! enough said! XD
Jul 27, 2013 8:01 AM

May 2013
snufflesxx said:
THAT CAST! enough said! XD

YES! HAHA

My expectation's pretty high :P
Jul 27, 2013 8:49 AM

Jan 2008
More Kyousougiga is love. Yay, I can't wait!
Jul 27, 2013 10:48 AM

Apr 2008
Awesome news! I fell in love with the first ONA and enjoyed the later episodes as well, so I'm really looking forward to the TV series. I wonder if we'll get to see more of those unused scenes from the PV then...
Jul 27, 2013 11:15 AM

Nov 2009
I was waiting for this.
Jul 27, 2013 4:37 PM

Jun 2012
looking forward to this
I don't know anything, I just know what I know
Jul 28, 2013 1:41 AM

Dec 2012
Oh yeah! I though this will never get a TV series...I'll wait for this...
Jul 28, 2013 8:33 AM

Feb 2010
Good news, I always thought this would work better in a Tv series with more time for worldbuilding etc..
I probably regret this post by now.
Jul 28, 2013 8:41 AM

Jul 2007
the original manga was original and strange enough, so this is definite plus. Hopefully the production values are good enough this time
Jul 30, 2013 1:28 AM

May 2010
I wanted this so badly! The way it ends off makes me ask for MORE~
Jul 30, 2013 6:01 PM

Jul 2012
My friend rec'd this to me, so I shall PTW+
Aug 1, 2013 8:24 AM

Jan 2013
I'll be looking forward to this one!
I wasn't expecting a TV adaptation, and so soon!

Keep pursuing your dreams! ~ Wynn
My brother and I compose classical and modern music, please click the link below if you're interested.
http://thesearethetwins.wordpress.com/

Please check out my profile to see what anime I recommend.

Keep pursuing your dreams! ~ Wynn
Aug 29, 2013 12:41 PM

Jul 2012
Finally done the ONAs, so now I have to look forward to this. :)
Sep 1, 2013 6:05 AM

Nov 2007
Airing October 2, 2013 Tokyo MX 25:30~
Having 3 chapters (10 eps.) plus 2 recaps.
http://news.nicovideo.jp/watch/nw748973
OP: "Koko (ココ)" by Tamurapan (たむらぱん)
ED: "Shissou Ginga (疾走銀河)" by TEPPAN
tsubasaloverSep 2, 2013 4:41 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 1, 2013 10:46 AM

Jan 2011
Oh nice, its the same day as Kyoukai no Kanata.
[center]
Sep 11, 2013 8:25 PM

Sep 2012
TV CM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoOp1vf98ac
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 12, 2013 4:57 PM

Jun 2012
I kinda want to watch this without knowing what I am getting into, so I don't really want to watch OVA before TV series. So I wonder, is OVA connected to it, like a prequel of some sort, or can I just skip it and wait for TV series?
Sep 12, 2013 5:26 PM

Jan 2011
Mladen said:
I kinda want to watch this without knowing what I am getting into, so I don't really want to watch OVA before TV series. So I wonder, is OVA connected to it, like a prequel of some sort, or can I just skip it and wait for TV series?

With the minimal amount of information we have been given there is currently no way to tell how it relates to the ONA series. It could be a sequel since the CM above shows scenes that already happened or it could be a retelling since there is a character who previously only appeared in a flashback episode. Heck it could be both. And then there is also the manga...
[center]
Sep 12, 2013 5:34 PM

Jun 2012
VioLink said:
Mladen said:

With the minimal amount of information we have been given there is currently no way to tell how it relates to the ONA series. It could be a sequel since the CM above shows scenes that already happened or it could be a retelling since there is a character who previously only appeared in a flashback episode. Heck it could be both. And then there is also the manga...

Oh well... I guess I will just wait for TV series to come out, then if it turns out it's a sequel, I guess I'll have no choice but to watch OVA first.
Sep 13, 2013 1:26 AM

Sep 2012
I don't think the TV series will just assume you to watch OVA first and leave you confused if you don't. Remember unlike you and me, most Japanese watchers do not download or stream anime and if the TV series need to broaden its appeal it must assume watchers have no prior knowledge about the setting and characters. So I am confident that you don't need preparation to watch it, though of course if you have you should be able to spot more stuff and be able to enjoy it more.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 15, 2013 11:17 AM
Jan 2010
Mladen said:
VioLink said:
Mladen said:

Oh well... I guess I will just wait for TV series to come out, then if it turns out it's a sequel, I guess I'll have no choice but to watch OVA first.

There's going to be 2 recap episodes which I assume are the first two. Which I'm guessing are the actual ONAs, since the CMs so far are 90% footage from them. That said, it shouldn't be necessary to watch them prior to the series. Though I do recommend it. They are enjoyable, and let you come to your own conclusions. They give you enough elements to make wild guesses.

The manga is a spin-off, or retelling, if you must (this is an anime project, not an adaptation). That goes for the first volume though, as the second involves an additional character's whereabouts. The TV series is getting a manga adaptation too, though whether it is in continuity to the first volume (the second is pretty much a separate series I think, the title was different if I recall well) remains to be seen.
JusticeisoverSep 16, 2013 5:33 PM
Sep 15, 2013 10:46 PM

Feb 2010
about time
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 21, 2013 3:33 AM

Jun 2012
Well, since everyone says that I should watch it anyway, I gave ONA a try and it was pretty interesting. I will watch sequel one now, and I am looking forward to TV show :D
Oct 1, 2013 10:19 PM

Jan 2011
All the previous material from Kyousogiga is getting a BD release as Vol.0 of 6.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00F8UOAVM

The first episode will be a recap and is numbered episode 0.
[center]
Oct 1, 2013 10:30 PM

Nov 2007
VioLink said:
All the previous material from Kyousogiga is getting a BD release as Vol.0 of 6.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00F8UOAVM

The first episode will be a recap and is numbered episode 0.

Episode 0/recap? That's interesting...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 1, 2013 10:51 PM

Jan 2011
Yeah and apparently there will be a recap after the last episode with the highlights of the show.

#0 予習篇(※WEB版第一弾を再編集したもの)
#1 ある一家の事情とその背景
#2 やってきたのは妹
#3 長男と愉快で科学な仲間
#4 次女と素敵な妖怪達
#5 若き三男の悩みと始まりと終わり
#5.5 京都実録篇(※アニメではなく実写映像。矢尾一樹と白石涼子による聖地巡礼)
#6 二人が計画し一人が悩む話
#7 母が帰還してついでに父も帰還した
#8 あっちとこっちでもめる話
#9 どうしたらいいかみんなで考えよう
#10 今日を騒がしく戯れ生きる人々の漫画映画
#10.5 復習篇(※総集編)

新作映像となるのは#0、#5.5、#10.5を除いた実質10話分
[center]
Oct 1, 2013 11:47 PM

Sep 2012
Ep.0 will come as an extra in the BD/DVD vol.1
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00F8UOB8Y/

There will also be ep.5.5 in vol.3 and ep.10.5 in vol.5
Ep.5.5 is actually seiyuu traveling around Kyoto while ep.10.5 is another recap.

There is even a vol.0 which will have the PVs aired in the last 2 years as well as the 5 five episodes broadcast over internet in 2012
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00F8UOAVM/

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

30 by Absurdo_N »»
8 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
9 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.