MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Toradora! Episode 16 Discussion

Pages (7) « 0.2 1.2 [2.2] 3.2 4.2 » ... Last »
Poll: Toradora! Episode 16 Discussion

01-23-09, 12:22 PM

gc - well, in my high school years there were even better love stories than in TD, by better I mean bizarre ;] I was involved in one of them, similar to President, Kitamura and Taiga, but with opposite sexes. And hell, epic fight like in TD was very near to happen. Unfortunately, I was more calm than Taiga ;)

01-23-09, 12:48 PM

Just wow.

01-23-09, 1:11 PM

Its sad. I cried cuz I love Kitamura, hes such a sweet guy and when sweet guys cry its intense.

The fight was AMAZING.

And What the fuck was Ami talking about?

Ah. I wont even ask.

Im late replying and only quick replying... DONT REPLY TO THIS

01-23-09, 1:27 PM

Nice episode. =)

To bad the president had to go, she seemed like a nice character.. =/
However I guess it was kind of necessary to let her go. ^^"

Looking forward to some Ami v Minorin v Taiga in the next nine episodes. =D

01-23-09, 1:38 PM

if it wasn't for that ending, i would have chocked from all the sap that was oozing out of this episode.

it is possible that everyone likes a person who likes someone else. i think they all know it too but none want to do anything about it, or even think of it. i suppose today one person went out of the picture, and now its time for round two.

01-23-09, 2:11 PM

Unexpected, beautiful and just awesome. That was the best episode so far.
I really liked the fight. Made me <3 Taiga even more.

01-23-09, 2:39 PM

Kitamura's confession during the election was just awesome and funny... I need something that dramatic in school to keep me motivated :D

Anyways, the swordfight was weird and kind of random, but I guess the conclusion was nice.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.

01-23-09, 2:43 PM

Great episode
so Kitamura finally discuss what has been happening between him & Kanou..
and the fight between Taiga & Kanou - god they where beating the crap out of each other 0__0
well looking forward to the upcoming episode!

01-23-09, 4:02 PM

Hi all, let me just drag you all back down memory lane to bring you all to an interesting point--> Episode 15. Remember that episode which mainly focus on kitamura and all. Well I think we all had brushed aside an impotant possible hint (I not sure just my opinion) on where Minorin stand. Remeber the part they both had wanted to visit kitamura and they a had a little chat. Ryuuji had said that minorin was nice or kind or something I forgot and she quickly said that no she wasn't and that she was arrogant and dishonest. What does Minorin meant by arrogant and dishonest anyway? Is it the hint on being dishonest that she might had like Ryuuji? Who knows but the part about guilty no longer thingy make more sense after reviewing epiosde 15 scene. Don't know, could be wrong just a thought what you guys think?

01-23-09, 4:05 PM

confession scene made me go WHOA! haha my fav episode of the series for sure!

01-23-09, 4:06 PM

I'm gonna miss Kanou, wish she had more screen time. That fight scene was amazing, great way to express the emotion everyone felt. Couldn't help notice Minorin was feeling down during the episode.

01-23-09, 4:08 PM

The guilt of Minorin could be anything, no one can draw definite conclusions about anything. I'm not going to give me theory because I'll be flamed, I'll just sit back and watch how it plays out.

Sweet as episode.
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

01-23-09, 4:12 PM

Great and emotional episode for Kitamaru and Kanou. Loved the fight scene, and how the were expressing themselves.

I can't wait for Minorin's story.

01-23-09, 4:13 PM

Man, this episode was epic. When they got into this whole Kitamura arc deal I was thinking it would just slow crap down, but I'm really glad it did the opposite. As for Minorin's guilt, I don't have a clue what that's about. It's bothering me a lot.

Anyway, awesome episode. :]
<div style="text-align:right;">1copy.jpg</div>

01-23-09, 4:16 PM

This episode made me realize how much of a sap I am again, since it made me bawww. Q____Q (Cried for Taiga or Kaichou, TBH)

Seriously, best ep to date. Am very curious what Ami meant to Minorin though, about the guild part.

Am still hoping that it will end TaigaxKitamura and KyuujixMinorin. ;__; <3

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection

01-23-09, 4:16 PM

lol I also would like to say that Kitamura x Minorin is still as on the cards as any of the relationships. That is all. Unless the student council president girl comes back in the series, I'd say it is still likely.

I like the background tune that they are using more often with the piano lol. It's another nice one to accompany the background tune they have been playing since the start of episode one.
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

01-23-09, 4:43 PM

Excellent episode, so it would seem Taiga will now take her focus elsewhere. Though in my opinion that fist fight seemed a bit unnecessary. Either way, look forward to seeing the next episode.

01-23-09, 4:45 PM

The President and Taiga fighting was like woah. This episode was sad because Kitamura didn't love Taiga. D: I feel bad for Taiga but she did a good deed, even if it hurted her.

Secrets Let Out? :O (That I think)
Minori felt guilty that she likes Ryuuji because she thought that Taiga liked him. Ami clenched her teeth when she said that was because....I still have no idea.

01-23-09, 5:01 PM

This episode was AWESOME! I love what Taiga wrote on the letter :D "BAKA!"

01-23-09, 5:03 PM

Best episode so far hands down

01-23-09, 5:45 PM

So at first I didn't really like the episode, but what with Taiga's realization, making Kitamura's story make sense, and just the nailing of the craziness of teenage angst, I loved the episode.

I think what Ami meant was that she thinks Minorin feels guilty for liking Ryuuji when she thinks that Taiga likes him. I could be wrong, but that would explain a lot of what Minorin has said during the show.

01-23-09, 6:04 PM

magewar said:
Hi all, let me just drag you all back down memory lane to bring you all to an interesting point--> Episode 15. Remember that episode which mainly focus on kitamura and all. Well I think we all had brushed aside an impotant possible hint (I not sure just my opinion) on where Minorin stand. Remeber the part they both had wanted to visit kitamura and they a had a little chat. Ryuuji had said that minorin was nice or kind or something I forgot and she quickly said that no she wasn't and that she was arrogant and dishonest. What does Minorin meant by arrogant and dishonest anyway? Is it the hint on being dishonest that she might had like Ryuuji? Who knows but the part about guilty no longer thingy make more sense after reviewing epiosde 15 scene. Don't know, could be wrong just a thought what you guys think?

Well this was brought up by dudave on the first page either post 5 or 6. And that's the strongest theme that has been discussed in posts on the first page and second page of this thread. No one forgot considering it was used as the biggest defense.

I personally believe and said in my post on page two that there is no way we could know what Minorin's feelings are. She's just there and all we could do is speculate. Ami is the only one that knows considering when she said what she said Minorin did react as though it was true.

Swiftstylez said:
lol I also would like to say that Kitamura x Minorin is still as on the cards as any of the relationships. That is all. Unless the student council president girl comes back in the series, I'd say it is still likely.

I like the background tune that they are using more often with the piano lol. It's another nice one to accompany the background tune they have been playing since the start of episode one.

Actually you'd have to provide evidence to support that belief, but there is none on screen. There are is enough evidence to support many many couples...but I find Kitamura and Minorin to have the least for several reasons I had mentioned. But a few that need to be reiteratd.They've spoken to each other only 3 or 4 times in a 16 episode story so far. They have the least developed relationship on the show considering they barely even share a screen. Keep in mind sharing a screen and speaking to one another are two different things. And another thing to consider is that Kitamura just declared deeply his emotional feelings in public to a woman. Do you realistically think he's going to jump onto another female in the course of 9 eps? I doubt it.

One major element is to consider his taste in women. They are vastly different from Minorin, ridiculously so. On the show Ami, Sumire, and Taiga share the most similar personality. Minorin is an almost polar opposite to Sumire and Taiga. If they do get together, I just don't see it here. The evidence is nil and their relationship is just not even developed on screen. Not at all.

Zig-sama said:
Excellent episode, so it would seem Taiga will now take her focus elsewhere. Though in my opinion that fist fight seemed a bit unnecessary. Either way, look forward to seeing the next episode.

Keep in mind this fight has been brewing since ep 3 when Sumire was first introduced. So this is not just all of the sudden and I get the feeling that Taiga new that Sumire or Kitamura or both had feelings for each other.
Modified by vaberella, 01-23-09, 6:14 PM

01-23-09, 6:30 PM

never in my wildest dreams did i think that i could get on the verge of tears from an episode of Toradora...

bloody brilliant episode

01-23-09, 6:52 PM

Saikio da ! that was awsome the final battle, the everything, and how it developped. I like how it turned out and how the president was destroyed!

the key of toradora: aisaka is so foward!

01-23-09, 6:53 PM

For all you know the guilt could have something to do with not admitting her feelings to Kitamura already. There are many couple combinations still on the card because there is still more story to Minorin that is undeveloped, unless you are just going on your spoilerish novel conceptions. I don't want to sound like a broken record player, I have already been through why I think it's possible. Move on. There is no reason to have massive disputes over an anime that is so lighthearted.

9 episodes is also a long time lol. I have already admitted though that the Minorin story to date could be about Ryuuji, but there is still possibility of it being Kitamura (The whole ghost analogy being repeated in many shapes and forms). If Kitamura x Minorin doesn't happen, then the only couple in this anime will be Taiga and Ryuuji. Everyone else is lost storyline wise, unless the student council president comes back... but she is such a bland character. I find her forced and inconsequential.
Modified by Swiftstylez, 01-23-09, 6:59 PM

01-23-09, 6:55 PM

The first words out of my mouth after watching the episode were "what the fuck." This series definitely turned in a direction I wasn't expecting, I have to give it that. I already voiced my opinions about relationships two or three episodes ago and nothing for me has changed since then, so I'm not going to comment on that now.
Modified by VK11, 01-23-09, 7:04 PM

01-23-09, 7:59 PM

Swiftstylez said:
For all you know the guilt could have something to do with not admitting her feelings to Kitamura already. There are many couple combinations still on the card because there is still more story to Minorin that is undeveloped, unless you are just going on your spoilerish novel conceptions. I don't want to sound like a broken record player, I have already been through why I think it's possible. Move on. There is no reason to have massive disputes over an anime that is so lighthearted.

9 episodes is also a long time lol. I have already admitted though that the Minorin story to date could be about Ryuuji, but there is still possibility of it being Kitamura (The whole ghost analogy being repeated in many shapes and forms). If Kitamura x Minorin doesn't happen, then the only couple in this anime will be Taiga and Ryuuji. Everyone else is lost storyline wise, unless the student council president comes back... but she is such a bland character. I find her forced and inconsequential.

Put in tags for those with short attention spans or those who want to ignore it without a fuss. ~sigh~

01-23-09, 7:59 PM

I didn't expect the episode to turn out the way it did with that all out brawl between Kanou and Taiga. This anime isn't as good saddening me, so I didn't like this episode as much as others.

01-23-09, 8:00 PM

Bakayaro said:
Holy Sweet Fucking Zombie Raptor Jesus.

QFT: my thoughts exactly. Up to this point my general thoughts about Toradora had been that it was alright (though quite entertaining), but this episode was just...fucking awesomely awesome. D:
Modified by WinterNightsFall, 01-23-09, 8:03 PM

Felli disapproves of this thread.

01-23-09, 8:08 PM

I loved this episode, but the fight was not animated that greatly, but I didn't really expect it to be. The animation style changed a lot during it in my opinion.

01-23-09, 8:24 PM

id said:
I don't get it, what guilt (Minorin) is Ami talking about? Is it the guilt from secretly liking Kitamura but cheered Taiga on?

I have no idea. Hope it'll show up soon.

This episode was really an epic one. It was amazing,exciting,shocking and pretty darn emotional at the same time.

I really thought that Kitamura liked Kanou but neveer ever thought he would be so deeply in love with her. Shocking fact 1. Taiga was really really mature about it. Shocking fact 2.

6/6

01-23-09, 8:27 PM

Oh wow, best episode yet? Possibly. Taiga's letter to the student council president was the perfect way to top it off.

Heh, the fight seemed to be better than half of the action series that came out this season (*cough*Kohaku no Regios*cough*Asu no Yoichi*cough*)

01-23-09, 10:11 PM

naikou said:
Oh wow, best episode yet? Possibly. Taiga's letter to the student council president was the perfect way to top it off.

Heh, the fight seemed to be better than half of the action series that came out this season (*cough*Kohaku no Regios*cough*Asu no Yoichi*cough*)

I couldn't agree with you more. I think one of the failures of Toradora!, yeah there are some ^_^, I think has been the artwork until this ep. The artwork here was impressive. It was great for the scenes that were used and this was the first time where the characters really had features all around. I was really impressed.

01-23-09, 10:34 PM

That was an amazing episode. This proves Toradora can be great with comedy and drama as well. The after credits scene was funny as hell too.

01-23-09, 10:45 PM

This episode was pretty awesome.
Fight scene YEAH~!

01-23-09, 10:52 PM

aw.....it was great....i cant belive it was so great
i tougth ryuuji was realy going to hit kitamura
......taiga reacted just as i belived....the figth was pretty awsome ^_^
as expected the relation between the president and kitamura didnt payed off
so we had a happy/tearing ending this time .....
why is the next epi x-mas? its going to be february? LOL
.....im in love with these anime
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

01-23-09, 10:57 PM

Wow. This episode was just full of win. My score for it jumped up from 8 to 9 (and I'm even really tempted to give it a 10, but I try to restrain myself from raising a score more than 1 for a single episode).

01-23-09, 11:18 PM

What shock me is what Kitamura said to the student council president. Whoa. Very shocking, poor Taiga.

01-23-09, 11:22 PM

The stuff that happened in this episode really make me realize just how great this show really is. The whole Minorin feeling guilty 'cause she likes Ryuuji but thinks Taiga likes him. Taiga not really getting the fact that she likes Ryuuji. And Ami realizing that all three of them like Ryuuji, but realizing that she can't play dirty when it comes to love, therefore she tries to get everyone to realize their feeling for Ryuuji so that she has a fair fight for him even though it will make it harder for her to win him over that way. This show is the shit. Best anime I've watched since Spice & Wolf.

01-23-09, 11:28 PM

This is really such an intense episode. ;;

Oh, and the fact that it has a very good fight scene, and much better than some action/fighting animes. lol

01-23-09, 11:30 PM

Seriously best episode of anything in three months

01-23-09, 11:36 PM

First, I loved the twirling mic of death. That got a good laugh out of me. The episode had some great moments of drama and worked its way towards that final goal of resolving the arc.Unfortunately, Kitamura didn't go into an emo rage, slice his wrists and lay in a bathtub of warm water. But as a certain song once said "You can't always get what you want."

The final battle scene was okay, but felt unnecessarily thrown in. I didn't mind it completely, but it just felt like they thew it in because of a want to have action in a show that didn't feel like a show needing of action scenes.

4/5 because I enjoyed the episode, but marked down 1 in my book because of a scene that just didn't feel had a place in the episode.

01-23-09, 11:36 PM

Agreed. I get what Ami was saying about "Do you feel guilty now?"

01-24-09, 12:11 AM

dudave said:
vaberella said:
id said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I don't get it, what guilt (Minorin) is Ami talking about? Is it the guilt from secretly liking Kitamura but cheered Taiga on?

Anyway, I don't think i need to say more, this episode is just great.

6/5

Dunno. I can't even analyze that. At this point, I've come to one realization...Ami loves to torment Minorin and I love her more for it.

"After the fight Amin and her friends discover Taiga’s notebook with the picture of her and Yuusaku in it. Minori sees this - realizing that Taiga likes Yuusaku - and there’s another picture under that one, but Ami takes the book before anyone can see it. Ami then suggests that Minori’s guilt should be gone now"

Remember the last ep?
Minorin slowly realizes her feelings for Ryuuji...
BUT: She thinks Ryuuji and Taiga make the perfect couple and although Taiga denied it, Minorin thought she is in love with him.

The guilty feeling Amin is talking about, are the fakt that she has started to love Ryuuji, but doesnt want to steal him from Taiga. Therefore she called herself dishonest an disguisting?
Now she gets to know that Taiga actually was in love with Kitamura, so now she is free to love Ryuuji with no guilt!

I don't think Amin wanted to torment Minorin, but i thought Amin didn't want to support Minorin but Taiga, cause she always pointed to Ryuuji that Minorin isn't the right one for him.

Whatever..

The resolution of this arc was pretty obvious and it was so clear that Kitamura was in love with Sumire. I liked the fight and the outcome with Sumire confessing to.

Next Episode seems a little bit relaxing and a little distant from drama content, before the mainstory progresses to the TaigaXMinorinXRyuuji Triangle, that is obviously happening in the future, because, although Taiga didn't realize herself yet, she has begun to grow romantic feelings for Ryuuji too. I hope this series doesn't go the 0815 route with a TaigaXRyuuji paring at the end. ;)

Also im very interestet what Amins part will become..
Priviously my thoughts were, that she also secretly is in love with Kitamura, but her reactions this episode prove me wrong.

Gonna agree with your deduction there. I definitely think that a picture of Ryuuji was under the one of Kitamura.

...but what if it was a picture of Minori naked!?

We'll never know @_@...until next episode lD

01-24-09, 1:10 AM

haha who called that huh? People thought I was crazy when I mentioned that the class president might liked Kitamura or vis versa.

Poor Taiga! She was probably hurt inside hearing that confession to the president. This is where shes probably gonna start focusing more on Ryuuji which will result in her bumping heads with Minorin.

As for the whole guilt thing Ami said to Minorin...I think dudave is pretty close to being right. Theres the other possibility that Ami said it because Minorin continued to encourage Taiga to go for Kitamura even though she might have already known that Kitamura liked the president. Now that Kitamura confessed Minorin probably feels guilty for not telling Taiga....Ami makes that comment basically to say it's done and over with, theres nothing left for you to feel guilty about.

The fight was pretty crazy!

updated relationship chart.

01-24-09, 1:17 AM

DeathfireD said:
haha who called that huh? People thought I was crazy when I mentioned that the class president might liked Kitamura or vis versa.

Poor Taiga! She was probably hurt inside hearing that confession to the president. This is where shes probably gonna start focusing more on Ryuuji which will result in her bumping heads with Minorin.

As for the whole guilt thing Ami said to Minorin...I think dudave is pretty close to being right. Theres the other possibility that Ami said it because Minorin continued to encourage Taiga to go for Kitamura even though she might have already known that Kitamura liked the president. Now that Kitamura confessed Minorin probably feels guilty for not telling Taiga....Ami makes that comment basically to say it's done and over with, theres nothing left for you to feel guilty about.

The fight was pretty crazy!

updated relationship chart.

Why aren't Taiga and Minorin labeled as friends? and I would put minorin as having a crush on taiga or possibly having one, it's obvious Minorin's love for taiga is alittle bit beyond normal friend ship, she even questioned her own sexuality. And also Minorin possibly has a crush on Ryuuji it's been hinted at numerous times.
Modified by Jigero, 01-24-09, 1:22 AM
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.

01-24-09, 1:18 AM

Pretty awesome fight scene rofl.

Some cheesy lines but this show is definitely entertaining. Lots of fun stuff happening :)

01-24-09, 2:00 AM

Where is my AmixRyuuji?

pffft.

Screw Taiga and Minorin |:

Anyways, it was pretty entertaining, but the change in pace of animation quality was drastic.

01-24-09, 2:28 AM

mm was I the only one who got watery eyes? -rarely ever happens-

=(
Livestream: twitch.tv/imoogle

01-24-09, 2:50 AM

Kanou senpai!!!!!!!! of course, Ami is awesome as always ( near the end) Kanou + Ami = the show for me

Pages (7) « 0.2 1.2 [2.2] 3.2 4.2 » ... Last »