Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 23, 2009 10:50 AM
Nov 2008
one of the best episodes so far..i almost cried when they started fighting..intense..very nice
Jan 23, 2009 10:51 AM

Dec 2007
I can't shake off the fact that no one in this anime really acts like a high school student, so I can't take it very seriously :\
Jan 23, 2009 11:04 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Haha, daym! Fabulous episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 23, 2009 11:20 AM
Oct 2008
Another angle on RyuujixTaiga is to consider what Ryuuji has to offer to Taiga. How many men could put up with Taiga's abuse? Ryuugi seems to be able to deal with it -- actually to feel comfortable with it. So in Ryuuji, Taiga has a rare match in terms of her extreme personality. Unless she changes (always possible!) how could someone like Kitamura deal with such an explosive personality?

As for MinorixRyuuji, I can see why Ryuuji's in love with her. But I can't gauge if Ryuuji has much to offer her. She's still the big mystery.
Jan 23, 2009 11:21 AM

Sep 2008
gc said:
I can't shake off the fact that no one in this anime really acts like a high school student, so I can't take it very seriously :

How do you expect them to act, I dunno where u went to school but this wasn't very far from mine, granted no one carries around bokuden swords around in the back of their shirt but Drama is always in high school, people do fight I know I did, people fall in love I know I did, and people cause drama in high school I know I did. I don't see how this isn't far from being realistic, but this is anime after all so things are set in imagination.
JigeroJan 23, 2009 11:45 AM
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jan 23, 2009 11:41 AM

Jul 2008
Grmo said:
Clannad isn't depressing at all, what are you talking about D: It's just kind of sad, but not really like...forcing-viewers-to-cry sad like Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen or something. Anyway this is irrelevant, so I'll carry on.
I think you have the definitions of sad and depressing mixed up. RK:T was sad, clannad is depressing lol.

I felt so demoralized watching Clannad because of how mopey the characters were. And after reading the rest of the story(because I dropped it after episode 4), it just gets MORE depressing with a little shining light at the end of the series. Hey, I'm not calling it bad, I'm just saying that it makes me feel like shit when I watch it. For some reason people like that emotion, and I'm not holding it against them.

vaberella said:
Why would you say Ryuuji x Taiga is a fail considering the entire story is based on them and their relationship with other people. Maybe I need a set of shades for this idea as well...cause I don't get it.
I can understand you questioning why people think there will be a Kitamura x Minori end, but I agree with you on this one. I have no idea why people think that Ryuuji and Taiga will end up with anybody else, I mean the whole series has had them bonding more than anything. Even in this episode they are bonding via helping Kitamura.
Jan 23, 2009 11:50 AM

Sep 2008
I think it's true Taiga and Ryuji will get together they already act like a married couple and practically live together and are around each other nearly 24/7, they take care of each other, look out for each and support each other. I suspect though that Ryuji will start dating Minorin sooner or later and whats that's gonna do is cause a rift between him and taiga, like he's gonna forget about her and neglect her cause he's with minorin all the time, but in the end I think this rift is gonna make them realize their true feels and bring them back together.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jan 23, 2009 11:51 AM

Aug 2007
Awesome episode, especially with the fight between Taiga and Kanou fighting was cool. I think it's a bit lame how Kitamura tried to confess... Anyhow, the letter at the ending was funny. Idiot. That's Taiga for you!
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jan 23, 2009 12:16 PM

Aug 2008
Clannad season 1 was a tad above mediocre. Clannad season 2 blows like no other follow-up season has blown before. It's the most depressing, lame, rediculously boring set of episodes ever assembled. Bah, I say. And again I say, Bah!

Back to this episode, I loved it. I'm glad Minorin's gonna get her time to fall in love. I'm glad the next episode is going to be more lighthearted.

I'm gonna be sad for a long time thinking about certain parts of this episode. It really hit home when Kanou was reading the postcard - I mean she's there 10,000 miles away, even though she loves Kitamura and he loves her back and they'll probably never be together. That pains me a little cause its sad. It was a funny scene though.

And I got sad seeing Ami. She basically allowed Minorin and Ryuuji to get their chance, and she did it by giving up any hope she might have had while Minorin stayed away from him. Her expression said it all and I felt bad for her. She's trying to change and she really likes down-to-earth Ryuuji, but it's not enough and that's probably new to her. She's just not enough.

this is just such a great series. I hope there will be a second season, but I get the feeling there won't be, cause it seems things will get wrapped up in the next 10 episodes.

Still pulling for Ryuuji/Minorin, still perfectly okay with Taiga/Ryuuji, and there's no way in hell Minorin/Kitamura is gonna happen.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Jan 23, 2009 12:22 PM

Oct 2008
gc - well, in my high school years there were even better love stories than in TD, by better I mean bizarre ;] I was involved in one of them, similar to President, Kitamura and Taiga, but with opposite sexes. And hell, epic fight like in TD was very near to happen. Unfortunately, I was more calm than Taiga ;)
Jan 23, 2009 12:48 PM
Oct 2007
Just wow.
Jan 23, 2009 1:11 PM
Jul 2018
Its sad. I cried cuz I love Kitamura, hes such a sweet guy and when sweet guys cry its intense.

The fight was AMAZING.

And What the fuck was Ami talking about?

Ah. I wont even ask.

Im late replying and only quick replying... DONT REPLY TO THIS
Jan 23, 2009 1:27 PM
Aug 2007
Nice episode. =)

To bad the president had to go, she seemed like a nice character.. =/
However I guess it was kind of necessary to let her go. ^^"

Looking forward to some Ami v Minorin v Taiga in the next nine episodes. =D
Jan 23, 2009 1:38 PM

Feb 2008
if it wasn't for that ending, i would have chocked from all the sap that was oozing out of this episode.

it is possible that everyone likes a person who likes someone else. i think they all know it too but none want to do anything about it, or even think of it. i suppose today one person went out of the picture, and now its time for round two.
Jan 23, 2009 2:11 PM

Feb 2008
Unexpected, beautiful and just awesome. That was the best episode so far.
I really liked the fight. Made me <3 Taiga even more.
Jan 23, 2009 2:39 PM

Aug 2008
Kitamura's confession during the election was just awesome and funny... I need something that dramatic in school to keep me motivated :D

Anyways, the swordfight was weird and kind of random, but I guess the conclusion was nice.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jan 23, 2009 2:43 PM

Oct 2007
Great episode
so Kitamura finally discuss what has been happening between him & Kanou..
and the fight between Taiga & Kanou - god they where beating the crap out of each other 0__0
well looking forward to the upcoming episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2009 4:02 PM
Jan 2009
Hi all, let me just drag you all back down memory lane to bring you all to an interesting point--> Episode 15. Remember that episode which mainly focus on kitamura and all. Well I think we all had brushed aside an impotant possible hint (I not sure just my opinion) on where Minorin stand. Remeber the part they both had wanted to visit kitamura and they a had a little chat. Ryuuji had said that minorin was nice or kind or something I forgot and she quickly said that no she wasn't and that she was arrogant and dishonest. What does Minorin meant by arrogant and dishonest anyway? Is it the hint on being dishonest that she might had like Ryuuji? Who knows but the part about guilty no longer thingy make more sense after reviewing epiosde 15 scene. Don't know, could be wrong just a thought what you guys think?

Jan 23, 2009 4:05 PM

Jun 2008
confession scene made me go WHOA! haha my fav episode of the series for sure!
Jan 23, 2009 4:06 PM

Jan 2008
I'm gonna miss Kanou, wish she had more screen time. That fight scene was amazing, great way to express the emotion everyone felt. Couldn't help notice Minorin was feeling down during the episode.
Jan 23, 2009 4:08 PM

Nov 2008
The guilt of Minorin could be anything, no one can draw definite conclusions about anything. I'm not going to give me theory because I'll be flamed, I'll just sit back and watch how it plays out.

Sweet as episode.
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Jan 23, 2009 4:12 PM

Jun 2008
Great and emotional episode for Kitamaru and Kanou. Loved the fight scene, and how the were expressing themselves.

I can't wait for Minorin's story.
Jan 23, 2009 4:13 PM

Nov 2008
Man, this episode was epic. When they got into this whole Kitamura arc deal I was thinking it would just slow crap down, but I'm really glad it did the opposite. As for Minorin's guilt, I don't have a clue what that's about. It's bothering me a lot.

Anyway, awesome episode. :]
<div style="text-align:right;">1copy.jpg</div>
Jan 23, 2009 4:16 PM

Dec 2008
This episode made me realize how much of a sap I am again, since it made me bawww. Q____Q (Cried for Taiga or Kaichou, TBH)

Seriously, best ep to date. Am very curious what Ami meant to Minorin though, about the guild part.

Am still hoping that it will end TaigaxKitamura and KyuujixMinorin. ;__; <3

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Jan 23, 2009 4:16 PM

Nov 2008
lol I also would like to say that Kitamura x Minorin is still as on the cards as any of the relationships. That is all. Unless the student council president girl comes back in the series, I'd say it is still likely.

I like the background tune that they are using more often with the piano lol. It's another nice one to accompany the background tune they have been playing since the start of episode one.
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Jan 23, 2009 4:43 PM

Jun 2008
Excellent episode, so it would seem Taiga will now take her focus elsewhere. Though in my opinion that fist fight seemed a bit unnecessary. Either way, look forward to seeing the next episode.
Jan 23, 2009 4:45 PM

Aug 2008
The President and Taiga fighting was like woah. This episode was sad because Kitamura didn't love Taiga. D: I feel bad for Taiga but she did a good deed, even if it hurted her.

Secrets Let Out? :O (That I think)
Minori felt guilty that she likes Ryuuji because she thought that Taiga liked him. Ami clenched her teeth when she said that was because....I still have no idea.
Jan 23, 2009 5:01 PM

Mar 2008
This episode was AWESOME! I love what Taiga wrote on the letter :D "BAKA!"
Jan 23, 2009 5:03 PM

Jul 2008
Best episode so far hands down
Jan 23, 2009 5:45 PM

Aug 2008
So at first I didn't really like the episode, but what with Taiga's realization, making Kitamura's story make sense, and just the nailing of the craziness of teenage angst, I loved the episode.

I think what Ami meant was that she thinks Minorin feels guilty for liking Ryuuji when she thinks that Taiga likes him. I could be wrong, but that would explain a lot of what Minorin has said during the show.
Jan 23, 2009 6:04 PM

Nov 2008
magewar said:
Hi all, let me just drag you all back down memory lane to bring you all to an interesting point--> Episode 15. Remember that episode which mainly focus on kitamura and all. Well I think we all had brushed aside an impotant possible hint (I not sure just my opinion) on where Minorin stand. Remeber the part they both had wanted to visit kitamura and they a had a little chat. Ryuuji had said that minorin was nice or kind or something I forgot and she quickly said that no she wasn't and that she was arrogant and dishonest. What does Minorin meant by arrogant and dishonest anyway? Is it the hint on being dishonest that she might had like Ryuuji? Who knows but the part about guilty no longer thingy make more sense after reviewing epiosde 15 scene. Don't know, could be wrong just a thought what you guys think?

Well this was brought up by dudave on the first page either post 5 or 6. And that's the strongest theme that has been discussed in posts on the first page and second page of this thread. No one forgot considering it was used as the biggest defense.

I personally believe and said in my post on page two that there is no way we could know what Minorin's feelings are. She's just there and all we could do is speculate. Ami is the only one that knows considering when she said what she said Minorin did react as though it was true.

Swiftstylez said:
lol I also would like to say that Kitamura x Minorin is still as on the cards as any of the relationships. That is all. Unless the student council president girl comes back in the series, I'd say it is still likely.

I like the background tune that they are using more often with the piano lol. It's another nice one to accompany the background tune they have been playing since the start of episode one.

Actually you'd have to provide evidence to support that belief, but there is none on screen. There are is enough evidence to support many many couples...but I find Kitamura and Minorin to have the least for several reasons I had mentioned. But a few that need to be reiteratd.They've spoken to each other only 3 or 4 times in a 16 episode story so far. They have the least developed relationship on the show considering they barely even share a screen. Keep in mind sharing a screen and speaking to one another are two different things. And another thing to consider is that Kitamura just declared deeply his emotional feelings in public to a woman. Do you realistically think he's going to jump onto another female in the course of 9 eps? I doubt it.

One major element is to consider his taste in women. They are vastly different from Minorin, ridiculously so. On the show Ami, Sumire, and Taiga share the most similar personality. Minorin is an almost polar opposite to Sumire and Taiga. If they do get together, I just don't see it here. The evidence is nil and their relationship is just not even developed on screen. Not at all.

Zig-sama said:
Excellent episode, so it would seem Taiga will now take her focus elsewhere. Though in my opinion that fist fight seemed a bit unnecessary. Either way, look forward to seeing the next episode.

Keep in mind this fight has been brewing since ep 3 when Sumire was first introduced. So this is not just all of the sudden and I get the feeling that Taiga new that Sumire or Kitamura or both had feelings for each other.
vaberellaJan 23, 2009 6:14 PM
Jan 23, 2009 6:30 PM

Dec 2007
never in my wildest dreams did i think that i could get on the verge of tears from an episode of Toradora...

bloody brilliant episode
Jan 23, 2009 6:52 PM

Aug 2008
Saikio da ! that was awsome the final battle, the everything, and how it developped. I like how it turned out and how the president was destroyed!

the key of toradora: aisaka is so foward!

Jan 23, 2009 6:53 PM

Nov 2008
For all you know the guilt could have something to do with not admitting her feelings to Kitamura already. There are many couple combinations still on the card because there is still more story to Minorin that is undeveloped, unless you are just going on your spoilerish novel conceptions. I don't want to sound like a broken record player, I have already been through why I think it's possible. Move on. There is no reason to have massive disputes over an anime that is so lighthearted.

9 episodes is also a long time lol. I have already admitted though that the Minorin story to date could be about Ryuuji, but there is still possibility of it being Kitamura (The whole ghost analogy being repeated in many shapes and forms). If Kitamura x Minorin doesn't happen, then the only couple in this anime will be Taiga and Ryuuji. Everyone else is lost storyline wise, unless the student council president comes back... but she is such a bland character. I find her forced and inconsequential.
AnistylezJan 23, 2009 6:59 PM

Jan 23, 2009 6:55 PM

May 2007
The first words out of my mouth after watching the episode were "what the fuck." This series definitely turned in a direction I wasn't expecting, I have to give it that. I already voiced my opinions about relationships two or three episodes ago and nothing for me has changed since then, so I'm not going to comment on that now.
VK11Jan 23, 2009 7:04 PM
Jan 23, 2009 7:59 PM

Nov 2008
Swiftstylez said:
For all you know the guilt could have something to do with not admitting her feelings to Kitamura already. There are many couple combinations still on the card because there is still more story to Minorin that is undeveloped, unless you are just going on your spoilerish novel conceptions. I don't want to sound like a broken record player, I have already been through why I think it's possible. Move on. There is no reason to have massive disputes over an anime that is so lighthearted.

9 episodes is also a long time lol. I have already admitted though that the Minorin story to date could be about Ryuuji, but there is still possibility of it being Kitamura (The whole ghost analogy being repeated in many shapes and forms). If Kitamura x Minorin doesn't happen, then the only couple in this anime will be Taiga and Ryuuji. Everyone else is lost storyline wise, unless the student council president comes back... but she is such a bland character. I find her forced and inconsequential.

Put in tags for those with short attention spans or those who want to ignore it without a fuss. ~sigh~

Jan 23, 2009 7:59 PM

Jul 2008
I didn't expect the episode to turn out the way it did with that all out brawl between Kanou and Taiga. This anime isn't as good saddening me, so I didn't like this episode as much as others.
Jan 23, 2009 8:00 PM

Aug 2007
Bakayaro said:
Holy Sweet Fucking Zombie Raptor Jesus.

QFT: my thoughts exactly. Up to this point my general thoughts about Toradora had been that it was alright (though quite entertaining), but this episode was just...fucking awesomely awesome. D:
WinterNightsFallJan 23, 2009 8:03 PM

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Jan 23, 2009 8:08 PM
Jul 2018
I loved this episode, but the fight was not animated that greatly, but I didn't really expect it to be. The animation style changed a lot during it in my opinion.
Jan 23, 2009 8:24 PM

Mar 2008
id said:
I don't get it, what guilt (Minorin) is Ami talking about? Is it the guilt from secretly liking Kitamura but cheered Taiga on?

I have no idea. Hope it'll show up soon.

This episode was really an epic one. It was amazing,exciting,shocking and pretty darn emotional at the same time.

I really thought that Kitamura liked Kanou but neveer ever thought he would be so deeply in love with her. Shocking fact 1. Taiga was really really mature about it. Shocking fact 2.

6/6
Jan 23, 2009 8:27 PM

Sep 2007
Oh wow, best episode yet? Possibly. Taiga's letter to the student council president was the perfect way to top it off.

Heh, the fight seemed to be better than half of the action series that came out this season (*cough*Kohaku no Regios*cough*Asu no Yoichi*cough*)
Jan 23, 2009 10:11 PM

Nov 2008
naikou said:
Oh wow, best episode yet? Possibly. Taiga's letter to the student council president was the perfect way to top it off.

Heh, the fight seemed to be better than half of the action series that came out this season (*cough*Kohaku no Regios*cough*Asu no Yoichi*cough*)

I couldn't agree with you more. I think one of the failures of Toradora!, yeah there are some ^_^, I think has been the artwork until this ep. The artwork here was impressive. It was great for the scenes that were used and this was the first time where the characters really had features all around. I was really impressed.
Jan 23, 2009 10:34 PM

Jan 2009
That was an amazing episode. This proves Toradora can be great with comedy and drama as well. The after credits scene was funny as hell too.
Jan 23, 2009 10:45 PM

Sep 2008
This episode was pretty awesome.
Fight scene YEAH~!
Jan 23, 2009 10:52 PM

Sep 2008
aw.....it was great....i cant belive it was so great
i tougth ryuuji was realy going to hit kitamura
......taiga reacted just as i belived....the figth was pretty awsome ^_^
as expected the relation between the president and kitamura didnt payed off
so we had a happy/tearing ending this time .....
why is the next epi x-mas? its going to be february? LOL
.....im in love with these anime
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jan 23, 2009 10:57 PM

Oct 2008
Wow. This episode was just full of win. My score for it jumped up from 8 to 9 (and I'm even really tempted to give it a 10, but I try to restrain myself from raising a score more than 1 for a single episode).
Jan 23, 2009 11:18 PM

Nov 2007
What shock me is what Kitamura said to the student council president. Whoa. Very shocking, poor Taiga.

Jan 23, 2009 11:22 PM

Feb 2008
The stuff that happened in this episode really make me realize just how great this show really is. The whole Minorin feeling guilty 'cause she likes Ryuuji but thinks Taiga likes him. Taiga not really getting the fact that she likes Ryuuji. And Ami realizing that all three of them like Ryuuji, but realizing that she can't play dirty when it comes to love, therefore she tries to get everyone to realize their feeling for Ryuuji so that she has a fair fight for him even though it will make it harder for her to win him over that way. This show is the shit. Best anime I've watched since Spice & Wolf.
Jan 23, 2009 11:28 PM

Nov 2007
This is really such an intense episode. ;;

Oh, and the fact that it has a very good fight scene, and much better than some action/fighting animes. lol

Jan 23, 2009 11:30 PM

Jul 2008
Seriously best episode of anything in three months
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

283 by Zertur »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

255 by Zertur »»
Apr 17, 10:44 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 11, 2009

502 by Seradim »»
Apr 6, 1:19 AM

» Minori Kushieda

LuckyTenth - Feb 21, 2021

9 by MyBliss »»
Apr 2, 3:42 AM

» What's physical diff between kano and ami

atl_nal - Mar 28

7 by Ashikhi »»
Mar 31, 1:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.