Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 24, 2009 3:43 AM

Mar 2008
wowwww....i didn't see such a powerful episode coming...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2009 3:48 AM

May 2007
DeathfireD said:
haha who called that huh? People thought I was crazy when I mentioned that the class president might liked Kitamura or vis versa.

Poor Taiga! She was probably hurt inside hearing that confession to the president. This is where shes probably gonna start focusing more on Ryuuji which will result in her bumping heads with Minorin.

As for the whole guilt thing Ami said to Minorin...I think dudave is pretty close to being right. Theres the other possibility that Ami said it because Minorin continued to encourage Taiga to go for Kitamura even though she might have already known that Kitamura liked the president. Now that Kitamura confessed Minorin probably feels guilty for not telling Taiga....Ami makes that comment basically to say it's done and over with, theres nothing left for you to feel guilty about.

The fight was pretty crazy!

updated relationship chart.

The chart is really off. Minori is in love with Ryuuji for sure, since it is hinted that she's envious of Taiga (hence Ami said "aren't you feeling less guilty right now"), meaning that she didn't want to start a relation with Ryuuji since she felt like stealing Ryuuji from Taiga.

And why would Takasu have a crush on Minori, they're just normal friends. If Takasu doesn't even love Taiga anymore, why would he bother to love Minori?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2009 4:20 AM

Dec 2007
Awesome-5-stars-episode! and great input guys. wow otakus are damn well deep with the love thing... ;P
Jan 24, 2009 4:22 AM

Dec 2007
rethardus said:
DeathfireD said:
haha who called that huh? People thought I was crazy when I mentioned that the class president might liked Kitamura or vis versa.

Poor Taiga! She was probably hurt inside hearing that confession to the president. This is where shes probably gonna start focusing more on Ryuuji which will result in her bumping heads with Minorin.

As for the whole guilt thing Ami said to Minorin...I think dudave is pretty close to being right. Theres the other possibility that Ami said it because Minorin continued to encourage Taiga to go for Kitamura even though she might have already known that Kitamura liked the president. Now that Kitamura confessed Minorin probably feels guilty for not telling Taiga....Ami makes that comment basically to say it's done and over with, theres nothing left for you to feel guilty about.

awesome chart btw
Jan 24, 2009 5:03 AM

Jul 2008
DeathfireD said:

gotta love your relationship charts XD.. great in this one and white album :D
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Jan 24, 2009 5:55 AM

Aug 2007
rethardus said:

And why would Takasu have a crush on Minori, they're just normal friends. If Takasu doesn't even love Taiga anymore, why would he bother to love Minori?

Takasu has always had a slight crush on Minori, and he has never really "loved" Taiga, yet at least.
Jan 24, 2009 6:00 AM

Aug 2007
AkariChan said:
DeathfireD said:
haha who called that huh? People thought I was crazy when I mentioned that the class president might liked Kitamura or vis versa.Poor Taiga! She was probably hurt inside hearing that confession to the president. This is where shes probably gonna start focusing more on Ryuuji which will result in her bumping heads with Minorin.As for the whole guilt thing Ami said to Minorin...I think dudave is pretty close to being right. Theres the other possibility that Ami said it because Minorin continued to encourage Taiga to go for Kitamura even though she might have already known that Kitamura liked the president. Now that Kitamura confessed Minorin probably feels guilty for not telling Taiga....Ami makes that comment basically to say it's done and over with, theres nothing left for you to feel guilty about.The fight was pretty crazy!updated relationship chart.
gotta love your relationship charts XD.. great in this one and white album :D

Hahaha, agreed on both animes. Awesome episode. This forum just helped my out on my confusion and I'm rooting for you Ami.
Jan 24, 2009 6:19 AM

Nov 2008
DeathfireD said:

Bah...I was totally supportive since I said Kitamura might hook up with the President in Episode 3 when she showed up. Keep in mind people thought I was sniffing something at that time.

I don't know about your second point. Minorin is close friends with Taiga she would never risk Taiga's feelings for anything. The impression I was given was that there was only one person aware of Kitamura and the President and that was Ami. Ami knew since the Beach house. Go to episode 9 or 10 and you'll see that Ami says to Kitamura in a concerned/conspiratoral way..."You never miss after school activity meetings." She's the only one who knew anything in regards to Kitamura and his feelings....that's how cool and close she is to Kitamura.

I don't think Miniron would encourage Taiga towards heartbreak if she knew about the President. She would actually stop it. So the rest of this guilt is probably not it. However, I can se your point of feeling guilty for pushing Taiga since no one wants to admit their wrong. But Minorin didn't know.

And the rest is a bit off. I think NONE of us can, and I've said it in my post on page 2, figure out what was going on in that scene considering on the 10+ different analysis of the ep. This just exemplifies my problem with Minorin...she does nothing for the story but add a layer of confusion in her wake...confusion and speculation.

I love that chart by the way except there is NO based on what we've seen of the eps that Kitamura has a crush on Minorin. There is no romance on screen there at all. I would also put a jealous arrow for both Taiga/Ami on both ends.
Jan 24, 2009 8:17 AM

Jul 2008
This was awesome episode ! The previous episodes were little boring so this was awesome ! The start was little slow but then it goes sooo much better ! Kitamura is now studentcouncilpresident ! And he made a confession :0 Poor Taiga...

Taiga's and Sumire's fight was also nice. I thought that Taiga would get hurt but she was doing pretty good. And I guess that Minorin also likes Kitamura (if I understood Ami's words right :p).

Christmas episode... Why it couldn't come on December :'''D ?

Jan 24, 2009 8:21 AM

Oct 2008
vaberella said:

I love that chart by the way except there is NO based on what we've seen of the eps that Kitamura has a crush on Minorin. There is no romance on screen there at all. I would also put a jealous arrow for both Taiga/Ami on both ends.

Who knows, maybe he dropped his towel at the beach house on purpose for her to get a look. =P
Jan 24, 2009 8:43 AM

May 2007
Great episode I loved it ! But what I don't get is why minori was bothered through out the episode.
Jan 24, 2009 12:25 PM

Apr 2008
That was an excellent episode. I'm glad the entire situation was resolved and everything cleared.

The president is awesome.
Jan 24, 2009 12:34 PM

May 2007
This just keeps getting better.
I can't belive it!

Even though i knew what was probably going to happen, i still got surprised at the ending.

This is the best anime of the season.

One of the best i've ever saw.

Omg this was teh shit i was expecting since 1998! It took 11 years to make such epic series!
(I'm saying that on the Rom/Com + Tsun+Harem types)
[In action we have TTGL, on Rom Mahoraba, etc...)
Jan 24, 2009 12:55 PM

Nov 2008
ironchefflip said:
vaberella said:

Who knows, maybe he dropped his towel at the beach house on purpose for her to get a look. =P

Everyone got a look. Did you not see that Taiga was having a fit and looked like she needed to be sedated? ^_^ LOL. The only one unphased and that could be because she has seen Kitamura naked or she's used to naked men...was Ami.

DarkFlash said:
Great episode I loved it ! But what I don't get is why minori was bothered through out the episode.

No one gets it. Every single poster on this thread and I mean everyone has speculated on what her reaction MAY (the operative word) be. I've said this in my post on page 1 and page 2. We don't have a clue until we see the next ep. So you're not alone.

Most people just THINK (operative word number 2) they know...but we really don't.
Jan 24, 2009 1:07 PM

Sep 2007
Toradora iz sum srs biz.
Jan 24, 2009 1:10 PM

Jul 2008
Wasabi said:
Toradora iz sum srs biz.
Inorite? People will throw down with you in the Toradora forums if you have a different opinion.
Jan 24, 2009 2:01 PM

Oct 2008
How depressing...

So, I guessed wrong..

I still don't get it. How did Taiga managed to keep a wooden sword behind her back, yet run around the school without it dropping out?! More over, isn't the sword's length longer than the height of her? Pretty strange..
Jan 24, 2009 2:09 PM

Nov 2008
Defiance said:
Wasabi said:
Toradora iz sum srs biz.
Inorite? People will throw down with you in the Toradora forums if you have a different opinion.

Hardly. Asking a question with a bit of evidence to back it up is hardly throwing down. Especially if said person wouldn't mind thinking the same or had the same thought at one point but doesn't see it now. I just think people aren't open to discussing their viewpoints or aren't used to it being challenged and debated. Real world dictates that it's impossible to live in a glass bubble where people won't question your viewpoint, irrespective of the fandom or lifestyle or what not. Having a reason behind assumptions and decisions would be helpful.

I have seen posters say they hate something and end with "I don't have a reason. I just do." <----Reason enough.
Jan 24, 2009 2:11 PM

Nov 2007
Awesome episode. Need more now. And if there's no second season I'll cry.

Also everyone voiced their opinion on Minorin, so here's my two cents... personally I've been thinking since episode two that Minorin has a crush on Taiga. I would like that better than Kitamura/Minorin (which'll probably happen anyway if they follow the logic of matching up the spares).
Jan 24, 2009 2:24 PM

Nov 2008
Kira01 said:
How depressing...

So, I guessed wrong..

I still don't get it. How did Taiga managed to keep a wooden sword behind her back, yet run around the school without it dropping out?! More over, isn't the sword's length longer than the height of her? Pretty strange..

hahaha...logical reasoning for an animation...I love it! I have no clue. Maybe she got it from a kendo classroom on the way to the President's classroom. There was time between her going after the Pres and the Pres being in her class--so nothing says that Taiga always had the stick on her. The sword is as tall as her but that doesn't mean she can't weild it. I use a archery bow that is almost as tall as me----easy to use and made for me. So it's possible if it was realistic. I think they just omitted a lot of the things. As for her jumping on desks if people are wondering...that's physically possible. There was this great Hong Kong movie of teenage violence that was made and they would battle on top of school desks...the scenes were sick in how they were handled and they were done my professional martial artists without any stunt gadgets.

AikoD said:
Awesome episode. Need more now. And if there's no second season I'll cry.

Also everyone voiced their opinion on Minorin, so here's my two cents... personally I've been thinking since episode two that Minorin has a crush on Taiga. I would like that better than Kitamura/Minorin (which'll probably happen anyway if they follow the logic of matching up the spares).

Well that's not in every single anime. There are anime's that do that and definitely Asian dramas do that. But that's not always the case and if we follow the logic of the show and the relationship building it seems unlikely. Because what about Ami? Ami would be one of the spares as well. Why is Minorin and Kitamura logical pairings but let's say not Kitamura and Ami? Since Ami is as much a spare as the other two.

I think people are fairly limited in how they see this. From what I can see Ryuuji's strongest love interest and I mean the one that wants him the most IS Ami. So she'd have more value to being paired with someone and something similar to the other reject, ie what happened to Kitamura and Taiga. Where as Taiga rejected him. But he just got rejeced by the Pres but there's nothing to say they (Pres and him) won't be together in the end since she also declared publicly, that she shares his feelings.

That's the other thing and the most pressing thing. Kitamura was NEVER really rejected. She NEVER said no, she never denied him and actually said she returned his feelings. So why is it logical that Kitamura and Minorin would end up...when the President publicly returned his feelings but she just had to go to the US. There's nothing to say she would NEVER return. On the contrary she's studying for a period and her family is based in Japan...nothing to say her love (romantic interest) isn't either and Kitamura is it. If that's the case the only spares pairing up would be Ami and Minorin.

Freakishly enough. Ami and Minorin have been having the most development in their relationship in the last 2-3 episodes. If we follow the logical spares thing, then it's all about Ami and Minorin. As for Minorin and Taiga...I think Minorin might be gay (ie. Ami pairing). But then at this point, she could be bisexual too. Who knows...
Jan 24, 2009 2:36 PM

Nov 2007
Wow ... just wow, this episode was really into it, from the confession to the fight to the conclusion which brings forth the question of what Minorin's guilt is about, this was a great way to finish off the episode.
Jan 24, 2009 3:19 PM

Jul 2008
i have never seen girls fight like that in shoujo.
The episode was awesome.
I feel sorry for Taiga, but now at least she can molest Ryuuji all she wants <3

Jan 24, 2009 3:35 PM

Aug 2008
If Episode 16 was THIS epic how would the ending be!?

But anyways, looks like they ain't kidding about the slice of life genre. It's just about as good or maybe on par with Clannad.

Jan 24, 2009 3:37 PM

Apr 2007
wow so dramatic ;____;

kanou-senpai was awesome, she'll be missed.

ps.: needs more ami.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jan 24, 2009 3:59 PM

May 2008
best episode so far....a smashing transition from love comedy to love drama. I expect great things for the remaining episodes.... and lots of crying.

I am a banana.
Jan 24, 2009 5:49 PM

Jul 2008
vaberella said:
Defiance said:
Wasabi said:
Toradora iz sum srs biz.

Hardly. Asking a question with a bit of evidence to back it up is hardly throwing down. Especially if said person wouldn't mind thinking the same or had the same thought at one point but doesn't see it now. I just think people aren't open to discussing their viewpoints or aren't used to it being challenged and debated. Real world dictates that it's impossible to live in a glass bubble where people won't question your viewpoint, irrespective of the fandom or lifestyle or what not. Having a reason behind assumptions and decisions would be helpful.

I have seen posters say they hate something and end with "I don't have a reason. I just do." <----Reason enough.
How did I know that vaberella would be the first to contest my post? Oh that's right, its the Toradora forums.

I believe there is a line between discussion and over-analysis, and plenty of people in the Toradora forums(including you) cross it. You don't need any evidence to say something that you feel, it's just a gut feeling. I mean I could say "well I feel like Kitamura and Minori are going to end up together" and the first think that comes from you is "well I don't see any evidence of that." And even when the person tries to explain why they feel that way you will call them wrong lol.

In short, you need to lighten the hell up with challenging what everybody thinks on the forums. It's ok to ask a question now and then about why they thought what they thought. But to immediate follow up with "well I don't see why you believe that" or something of the sort just shows that you are trying to inflict your opinion upon them.
Jan 24, 2009 8:36 PM

May 2008
nihil said:

ps.: needs more ami.

QFT
Jan 24, 2009 8:43 PM
Aug 2008
Im lost....
Can someone please explain the everything that happens after the fight?

After they see the photo of Taiga and Kitamura they said "Huh whats this" and then Ami stops them. So does that have something do with Ryuuji?

Also what guilt!?

Someone explain plz!!!
Jan 24, 2009 8:49 PM

Nov 2008
Defiance said:
vaberella said:
Defiance said:
Wasabi said:
Toradora iz sum srs biz.

How did I know that vaberella would be the first to contest my post? Oh that's right, its the Toradora forums.

I believe there is a line between discussion and over-analysis, and plenty of people in the Toradora forums(including you) cross it. You don't need any evidence to say something that you feel, it's just a gut feeling. I mean I could say "well I feel like Kitamura and Minori are going to end up together" and the first think that comes from you is "well I don't see any evidence of that." And even when the person tries to explain why they feel that way you will call them wrong lol.

In short, you need to lighten the hell up with challenging what everybody thinks on the forums. It's ok to ask a question now and then about why they thought what they thought. But to immediate follow up with "well I don't see why you believe that" or something of the sort just shows that you are trying to inflict your opinion upon them.

Put behind spoiler tags because this is stupidly off topic and really shouldn't have even been started here. Plus it was my stupidity to engage an obvious and admitted baiter.

Valkyria00 said:
Im lost....
Can someone please explain the everything that happens after the fight?

After they see the photo of Taiga and Kitamura they said "Huh whats this" and then Ami stops them. So does that have something do with Ryuuji?

Also what guilt!?

Someone explain plz!!!

I'll see if I can help. Hmm..

After the fight and we're talking immediately. I'll state scene by scene okay.

Sumire, the President, admits to having feelings for Kitamura. Her intention was to protect Kitamura from having feelings for her because she was going to study abroad. I get the feeling that she saw that Kitamura devoted himself to her and she even says that if she admitted to sharing his feelings she believes Kitamura would dump everything and find anyway to be with her. She most probably would be right. So she was protecting him. You'll notice she kept calling people "baka". So when Taiga comes into the room Sumire calls her baka, that was because she found the people who were able to confess their feelings without thinking of the repercussions as stupid. So she didn't want to be stupid and that's why she said she couldn't be stupid...so admitting her feelings to Kitamura would be stupid.

When she says all this you'll see that Taiga and Ryuuji seem surprised and a bit defeated. They just realized that the President is just like them. Unsure of herself and having to deal with feelings she doesn't know what to do with. Added to that making tougher decisions than them about it. Then you see the scene where Kitamura is saying thank you. Kitamura came to realize Sumire's side of the situation and what she wanted to do. Added to that he also got her confession. So in essence they both admitted that they like each other. (I get the feeling they actually might hook up since distance is really nothing and she didn't move abroad permanently. <---that's just my own speculation)

The next scene is with Minorin ahead and Ami with her buds behind. Ami's friends were cleaning up the classroom after the fight and found Taiga's picture book. Go back to episode 14, remember when they were ordering pictures. They had come in and the students had them, that was Taiga's order. The first picture seen is the picture of Kitamura and Taiga. Ami's friends interpreted the picture as though Taiga liked Kitamura. Here comes a bit of speculation, you see the second picture underneath that Ami hid...I believe that picture was a picture of Taiga and Ryuuji. Remember episode 14 when they were picking out pictures? Taiga looked surprised when Ryuuji told her the number for the pic of her and Kitamura...that was because she was looking at a picture of her and Ryuuji. You actually see the picture she was looking at in episode 14. It was the bidbidbidi picture where Ryuuji is on top of Taiga and their in that sort of evil pose. I think most people missed it, except for one poster...he saw it and then I checked back and saw it as well. But we can't be certain but it might be.

Anyway, that second picture was hidden so none of us saw it. However Ami seems to know what the picture was about. Ami seems to know EVERYTHING these days. Anyway she goes up to Minorin and tells her something along the lines of, "have you gotten over your guilt yet" cause Minorin over heard the conversation. Minorin figured that Taiga has a crush on Ryuuji and for the last ep we saw that Minorin might be returning his feelings, although she's rejected him continously. She might have rejected him because she thought Taiga had a crush on him and didn't want to tread on her friends territory (ie Ryuuji). But after the fight and the picture she's gotten the impression that Taiga really DOESN'T have feelings for Ryuuji...a lot of people are saying that maybe the guilt was guilt over having feelings for Ryuuji when she thinks Taiga does. Other's are saying it's guilt over not returning feelings for Ryuuji because of Taiga, or just guilt for rejecting him when she might have feelings. <---that could make you feel like crap. ^_^ I've heard a lot of theories from here and other boards so it seems no one really knows what was going on in that scene.

The next thing was Ami's sneer of anger after she says that to Minorin. I figure she was angry because she's been sort of pestering Minorin badly....someone I think she might consider a friend. Another good theory I've seen and has crossed my mind a few times is that she's opening the battle grounds. So now she won't have to only contend with Taiga, but now Minorin for Ryuuji's affections. <---The problem though I have with this idea, and solely a thought that crossed my mind, is the fact that Ami always knew she was contending with both Taiga and Minorin for his affections she even said to him, "She would be better for him than they are because they make demands and she would along the path slightly ahead of him." That's my own thing.

Lastly, in the scene where you see Taiga is at home is because she was suspended from school for the fight. She might have been expelled but because Sumire is obviously abroad and she participated in the fight...Taiga just got suspension. She seemed to have also been forced to write an apology letter. The apology letter that was the postcard you see Sumire laughing at said "Baka." This goes back to the first part of the fight where Sumire said she couldn't be stupid. When she admitted her feeling she then became stupid too.

I hope that helps. You can also read back on some of the posts on page 1 and 2, they explain a lot.

As a side note...I love your avatar.
vaberellaJan 24, 2009 9:25 PM
Jan 24, 2009 9:27 PM

Jul 2008
Blah Blah Blah, you are just proving my point that you are belligerent.

All I had to say was "People will throw down with you in the Toradora forums if you have a different opinion" in a conversation you weren't even in, and sure enough, you come in to bitch about my post lol. Like you said, would have been a much wiser idea to just not respond.

As for baiting, I guess you could call it that, but metaphorically its more like I just put a naked hook in the water and the fish was just too stupid to avoid it. You just helped me prove my entire point that people like you are overly aggressive and argumentative.

The rest of your post just goes off in a semantical defense that I could not care less about responding to.
Jan 24, 2009 9:39 PM

Sep 2007
Whatever happened to the good old days where we just root for the couple we want without needing to go through the episode with a fine toothed comb?
Jan 24, 2009 9:41 PM

Jul 2008
Wasabi said:
Whatever happened to the good old days where we just root for the couple we want without needing to go through the episode with a fine toothed comb?
Careful buddy, you are obviously "baiting" vaberella by saying this.
Jan 24, 2009 10:00 PM

Aug 2008
Wasabi said:
qft
Jan 24, 2009 11:58 PM

Jul 2008
Wasabi said:

^ This.

This show continues to deliver - excellent character development, hilarious scenes like Taiga pulling out the wooden sword, and all around awesome like Taiga getting suspended. Most shows seem to be set in schools that have never heard of suspending kids.

BEGINNER
Jan 25, 2009 12:03 AM

Jun 2007
Jigero said:
DeathfireD said:

Why aren't Taiga and Minorin labeled as friends? and I would put minorin as having a crush on taiga or possibly having one, it's obvious Minorin's love for taiga is alittle bit beyond normal friend ship, she even questioned her own sexuality. And also Minorin possibly has a crush on Ryuuji it's been hinted at numerous times.

Ahh I forgot to add them as friends in ep one :S sorry about that guys. I highly doubt Minorin likes Taiga in that way lol. I wont be adding that to the chart unless we get some real hints and solid proof that she does. Ya, I agree, I forgot to change the color of her line. She definitely has a crush on Ryuuji. I'll add that into the next episodes chart.

All other mistakes people pointed on will be fixed in the next episodes chart as well. Thanks guys for your input!
Jan 25, 2009 12:25 AM

Jan 2008
minorin is odd I don't knwo if I'm looking forward to her story arc >.>
but the fight sequence was aweosme this whole episode rocked!!!!
Jan 25, 2009 12:56 AM

Nov 2008
Apparently he didn't love her anymore :(
Jan 25, 2009 1:21 AM

Dec 2007
Blaah! Toradora's becoming too serious for me. I hate when comedies do that. Make me laugh or make me cry, but at least make up your mind.
Jan 25, 2009 3:53 AM
Apr 2008
If anyone saw after the credits, i'm sure they'll agree it was funny, Kanou is unpacking her stuff in America and finds the apology letter from taiga and all it says on the back is "Baka"

The fight scene was really quality, well choreographed.

My only problem is the series is still broadcasting so i have to wait :(

Jan 25, 2009 4:55 AM

Jan 2009
Jan 25, 2009 5:21 AM

Jul 2007
Man, this show is much more awesome now that the trivial stuff has been dropped in favor of more serious character development.
Jan 25, 2009 7:28 AM

Jul 2008
Wow, really has happened a lot this episode, don't even know where to start about that. ^^;
Anyways, great episode, 5/5.
This show is also starting to get just better .. Used to rank this show a 6, and raised it to a 7 later on. With this episode, I'll even be raising it to an 8. x)
Jan 25, 2009 8:34 AM

Nov 2008
Volbla said:
Blaah! Toradora's becoming too serious for me. I hate when comedies do that. Make me laugh or make me cry, but at least make up your mind.

Yeah...I know what you mean. However, another poster on another board I was chatting with said something interesting in regards to that....rather long and detailed debates actually. In any event,he said it was, "moving and pathos-invoking" , all I could think was there were no truer words spoken.

So for those who say it's lighthearted...sure it is. But there are deeper meanings in the story than most animes who run on the light hearted bandwagon. I don't even want to know about the emotional rollercoaster that is going to happen in the next 9 eps. I totally agree that there is a massive serious pull and the comedy aspect could lose itself at times and vice versa.
Jan 25, 2009 9:00 AM

Apr 2008
Pretty awesome episode :] 10/5

Like some people said I think Minori felt guilty about liking Ryuuji because she thought Taiga liked him and now she knows Taiga doesn't like him and Ami was confirming it :/

Breath||
Jan 25, 2009 10:35 AM

Aug 2008
great episode

the spoilers in this topic not so great
Jan 25, 2009 11:02 AM

Dec 2007
vaberella said:
Volbla said:

Yeah...I know what you mean. However, another poster on another board I was chatting with said something interesting in regards to that....rather long and detailed debates actually. In any event,he said it was, "moving and pathos-invoking" , all I could think was there were no truer words spoken.

So for those who say it's lighthearted...sure it is. But there are deeper meanings in the story than most animes who run on the light hearted bandwagon. I don't even want to know about the emotional rollercoaster that is going to happen in the next 9 eps. I totally agree that there is a massive serious pull and the comedy aspect could lose itself at times and vice versa.

Well, it's not like i dislike some serious love stuff, and the ep wasn't really bad in itself, but i have a hard time accepting it when series take drastic turns like this. Up till a few episodes ago Toradora was almost nothing but comedy so i never expected anything this serious, and when i don't get what i expect i get cranky :P
Jan 25, 2009 12:17 PM

Nov 2008
Volbla said:
vaberella said:
Volbla said:

Well, it's not like i dislike some serious love stuff, and the ep wasn't really bad in itself, but i have a hard time accepting it when series take drastic turns like this. Up till a few episodes ago Toradora was almost nothing but comedy so i never expected anything this serious, and when i don't get what i expect i get cranky :P

LOL!! Understood. I can't blame you because I noticed it as well. This episode was extremely heavy in comparison to others. I figured the Beach House or the Taiga dad eps was heavy but nothing really to this one. Not to mention those two other eps had enough comedy to balance it out. This one was far from any comedy and just angst to the extreme. It's like Dawson's Creek with an exponent. ^_^
Jan 25, 2009 12:22 PM
Jun 2007
Can someone repost all the spoilers in a spoiler thing so I can read em? I'm too lazy too go back and find em >_>

I'd REALLY appreciate it.

Jan 25, 2009 1:37 PM
Oct 2008
Nothing more can be said about this episode it is truly amazing this is how anime should be done to me toradora is in a league that only few anime get to see it is truly wonderful
Jan 25, 2009 3:26 PM

Feb 2008
Finally... *gasp*.... reached the end... *fast breathing*.... of this thread *deep sigh*. :)

So far there are 9 (NINE) pages of discussions, views, anger, love and true passion for the animated people and their relations in this show. 182 viewers gave this episode the best score available so far..... and I can not agree more. That all stands for itself.

Folks, I am happy to experience this clearly outstanding anime with all of you!

I was at the edge of my seat the whole time... I even stood up when Kitamura was confessing to...whats her name.... "Amis Twinsister" (You know who I mean). :P
And at the end something even flew into my eye (...NO, I didnt cry. It must have been a bug or moskito!). T.T

*sigh*... I guess he is right. I thought I would have grasp her intentions. But right now Im lost again....

dmneyeskyo said:

Best anime I've watched since Spice & Wolf.

QFAUT!! (Quote For Absolute Undeniable Truth)

DeathfireD said:

Theres the other possibility that Ami said it because Minorin continued to encourage Taiga to go for Kitamura even though she might have already known that Kitamura liked the president. Now that Kitamura confessed Minorin probably feels guilty for not telling Taiga....Ami makes that comment basically to say it's done and over with, theres nothing left for you to feel guilty about.

That crossed my mind as well, but.... STOP.... I told myself to not discuss about (my beloved) Minorin anymore. In addition to that its half past midnight right now. I have to work tomorrow. :P

Have a good night! ^^
FTGTJan 26, 2009 2:04 PM
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

283 by Zertur »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 11, 2009

502 by Seradim »»
Apr 6, 1:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.