Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 21, 2013 6:49 PM
Jun 2013
AKatsuki, may be badass, but I just couldn't find him likeable. Akatsuki seemed to much of a Gary stu to me, with nothing in the show being a challenge for him, not to mention the fact that he was a borderline rapist.

SO I ask you guys, why do you like Akatsuki?
Jul 25, 2013 12:18 PM

Aug 2008
First off, wtf is a "Gary stu?"

Akatsuki is a badass from the start. Extremely strong without the need for the the pointless repetitive training. He comes into a harem and stands as the man in the middle like he is meant to be there. Unlike the common geek/nerd that somehow magically gets many girls to fall for him.

That's his appeal. If you don't like him, then odds are you prefer the whiny wimpy characters that magically get the girls when it would never happen in real life, lol. Or, of course, you don't like the ecchi genre as a whole and can't understand the appeal that putting yourself into the shoes of someone like Akatsuki holds.

Jul 29, 2013 4:17 PM
Dec 2009
Arre....What happened to the previous comments that were here??? Plus, why is there such a need to make a forum of a character that someone doesn't like or hates a lot???

Sep 11, 2013 9:21 AM

May 2013
Evil-Monk said:
AKatsuki, may be badass, but I just couldn't find him likeable. Akatsuki seemed to much of a Gary stu to me, with nothing in the show being a challenge for him, not to mention the fact that he was a borderline rapist.

Because bad taste.
Sep 19, 2013 9:35 PM
Aug 2012
because the world must know true Pain. Well, I don't personally like them, must be their uniforms.
Oct 13, 2013 8:17 PM

Mar 2010
Well maybe the world needs more shounen leads who act like they come from the current Marvel cartoons (playing on Disney); (young) guys who actually commit themselves to fixing problems or getting girls, not wasting 13-26 episodes whining about how much SUCK they are.
Nov 18, 2013 9:21 PM
Jan 2011
pikel-kun said:

Akatsuki is a badass from the start. Extremely strong without the need for the the pointless repetitive training. He comes into a harem and stands as the man in the middle like he is meant to be there. Unlike the common geek/nerd that somehow magically gets many girls to fall for him.

That's his appeal. If you don't like him, then odds are you prefer the whiny wimpy characters that magically get the girls when it would never happen in real life, lol. Or, of course, you don't like the ecchi genre as a whole and can't understand the appeal that putting yourself into the shoes of someone like Akatsuki holds.

I know,right. Most of the MC you see in harems would be sitting in their room contemplating suicide or going on a school shooting in real life.
xsilicon9Nov 24, 2013 9:06 AM
Nov 28, 2013 11:40 AM

Jun 2011
Evil-Monk said:
not to mention the fact that he was a borderline rapist.

I totally love his attitude, if only he wasn't a.. ^.

People who liked him must have liked how he fondles women's boobs and make them cum to satisfy the ecchi tag. If only there weren't ecchi and all, I'd like the show much more. and harem happened way too fast
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 2, 2013 11:46 AM
Jul 2018
I totally love his attitude, if only he wasn't a.. ^.

People who liked him must have liked how he fondles women's boobs and make them cum to satisfy the ecchi tag. If only there weren't ecchi and all, I'd like the show much more. and harem happened way too fast

i agree in that concept
Dec 13, 2013 3:47 AM

Mar 2009
pikel-kun said:

Your the first person I've seen who doesn't know what a Gary Stu is o_O;
That's a male version of a "Mary Sue" character type. Basically its a character that's far too perfect for words in most things.

That aside...I don't see Akatsuki fitting completely into the Gary stu mold. I like him. But like a lot, I find the way he treats female characters annoying.
The only thing about him that I can see fitting is his powers, personality wise, I think he has a lot of scars(emotional), and he uses a lot of bravado to hide them.... but I suppose I could be reading him wrong, I haven't seen enough of his past or learned much about what's connected to those scars. 2 big triggers are his sister and his father from what I can tell. But I could be wrong. As for why I like him. I have no idea. I don't usually like characters who are complete perverts like he is.
Aug 24, 2014 6:05 AM
Aug 2014
Probably people like him (at least I do), because he seems to be unique and totally different than 99.9% of anime males. I don't really get the usual concept of "I kill gods/monsters/robots with my bare hands, but I cannot be alpha when girls are flirting". I really wish there would be more series like this or school days. I disappoint every time I start a new series and the male lead is a wimp.

Maybe it's the Asian culture, maybe series are just made for the target audience, I don't know.
kibsuAug 24, 2014 6:08 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hagure Yuusha no Estetica Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 12, 2012

143 by devil1001 »»
Feb 28, 9:52 AM

Poll: » Hagure Yuusha no Estetica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

162 by KempachiZaraki »»
Jul 26, 2023 4:11 PM

Poll: » Hagure Yuusha no Estetica Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Jul 5, 2012

133 by Wiilrs »»
Jan 17, 2023 5:11 PM

» Still no season 2 bruh?

tos_ka - Sep 13, 2021

11 by JWA800 »»
Nov 11, 2022 10:20 PM

Poll: » Hagure Yuusha no Estetica Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2012

67 by KiliianSleipnir »»
Sep 25, 2022 11:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.