Forum Settings
Forums
My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2013 7:27 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
O nice, they are apologizing ^^ cute.

I wonder what Shizuku is thinking now...I mean, she thinks they've made up which I think so too but I see an obstacle. Uh oh.
Jul 20, 2013 8:27 PM

Aug 2009
Why are these chapters soo mofo short ; ___ ;

gosh... Haru is the sweetest guy ever T.T
Jul 20, 2013 8:36 PM

Feb 2013
Kenji is a tool.... She needs to just not talk/tell him to get lost/hit by bus.
Jul 20, 2013 8:37 PM

Jul 2010
Aww the appology was cute,both mad at eachother what no, and this ?!?
Haru hiding his face the best parthttp://www.mangahere.com/manga/tonari_no_kaibutsu_kun/v10/c043/8.html
XD
She better not go out with Yamaken!!
Jul 20, 2013 8:53 PM

Jul 2010
Pesti13nce said:
Kenji is a tool.... She needs to just not talk/tell him to get lost/hit by bus.

Great thought too!!
Jul 20, 2013 10:52 PM

Apr 2011
This manga is the funniest manga I have read in a long time. Not too often I am obsessed with the side characters. They are so well developed here, I kind of like Natsume and Sasayan even more then Haru and Shizuku.
Jul 21, 2013 1:50 AM

May 2013
Cliffhanger!!
Jul 21, 2013 1:56 AM

Jul 2012
Haru and Shizuku are obviously going to get back together at some point after making up... somewhat. Yamaken was really adorbs standing by the school gate :c. I've grown to really like him and ngl like him better with Shizuku. I admire his persistence but it breaks my heart because I know Shizuku is going to reject him. I'd like to be proven wrong with the next chapter though (':
Jul 21, 2013 3:26 AM
Apr 2012
apparently said:
Haru and Shizuku are obviously going to get back together at some point after making up... somewhat. Yamaken was really adorbs standing by the school gate :c. I've grown to really like him and ngl like him better with Shizuku. I admire his persistence but it breaks my heart because I know Shizuku is going to reject him. I'd like to be proven wrong with the next chapter though (':

ehh, imo, he deserves a swift rejection due to that awful "confession". Everytime I think I'll like him more, he once again becomes an insanely arrogant jerk. Also, him telling Shizuku that what she feels for Haru isn't love, as if he has any idea about true love, makes me hope that Shizuku punches him in the face, but, alas, she's going to do the "logical" thing and think things through. smh
Jul 21, 2013 8:03 AM

Apr 2013
Frapuccino..!!

Thoughts:

Seaweed!

Our characters suck at drawing. Suck badly

I liked Haru VERY MUCH on this chapter. Playing with that kitty kawaiiii

I wet myself ._. (and I'm straigt)

*melts

The scene when Haru covers his face LMAO, romantic-comedy at it's best.

Also Haru's character developement is great. He'll now try to understand Shizuku as good as he can/

I feel like Sasayan, regarding the Kenji-Haru fight, it's amusing as a watcher, whilst Natsume is banging her head against anything that comes infront of her when she see's Kenji.
Jul 21, 2013 4:19 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
They are so cute >< The conversation started out really funny with Haru putting his hood on which cracked me up, but they when they started apologizing to each other, it was so heartwarming. I'm glad they finally spoke their feelings, they've gotten so far since the beginning. But Yamaken ._. She needs to reject him once and for all so he can give up :/
Jul 26, 2013 6:17 PM

Aug 2011
I enjoyed this episode and was glad Shizuku and Haru made up. Yamaken is waaayyy out-of-line; rest assured, he is no expert on love and relationships. I agree that it's time for Shizuku to put him out of his misery.

Actually, I don't dislike Yamaken, I think he is a great side character, but then, the entire series has great sides (I can't think of one person I don't like). However, I don't think he has put in the effort (unlike Haru) to have a relationship with Shizuku.

Looking forward to more Natsume/Sasayana, Oshima needs to find a man of her own and I wouldn't mind seeing Shizuku's mom make an appearance soon. That child needs some guidance.
Aug 28, 2013 8:36 PM

Mar 2012
Though occasionally enjoyable and satisfyingly lighthearted, this chapter was partially disappointing, as the latter half was uninteresting and tedious nonsense, unconvincingly propelling a rather idiotic character into an immediate and unwarranted narrative focus. This particular development prevented the chapter from solidifying itself as a thorough improvement over the last. It was still fairly better than the 42nd, but solely due to the nuanced and essential development within Haru and Shizuku’s relationship.

As such, Haru and Shizuku’s conversation was beautifully realistic and understated. Once again, though their relationship is occasionally tumultuous, both Haru and Shizuku have repeatedly proven to be mutually essential for the methodical growth of their relationship, and, most importantly, their development as individuals. In fact, this aspect of the story continues to be one of the most impressive and subtly well-conveyed. Neither Haru nor Shizuku would have matured so profoundly without the other, as they’ve gradually slipped away from their previous characterizations, which were abundantly flawed and naively egoistic. Of course, they have yet to fully reconcile, but that’s an inevitable development, and, at the very least, they both displayed a surprising level of honesty and humility towards one another. Also, though I would have loved if Haru had violently reacted to Yamaken’s idiocy, his restraint was very refreshing and quite significant within his development.

Of course, following such excellence, the latter half of the chapter, though predictable, was immensely contrived. Yamaken’s pathetic desperation is accentuated and even heightened with his second, very ill-timed confession, especially since he essentially decided to manipulate Shizuku when he believed her to be the most emotionally vulnerable she could have possibly been, basically attempting to take advantage of her perceived weakness by selfishly thrusting his feelings onto her. As such, the most ridiculous and self-centered display of his lecherous tendencies was his bizarre suggestion that the feelings Haru and Shizuku share aren’t love, as though he alone is miraculously capable of understanding something so complex, despite having never experienced it himself. Plus, his assertion that he suits Shizuku more than Haru is ridiculously daft. Such a relationship, had it ever materialized, would have been lifeless and romantically lacking, particularly in regards to Shizuku, as she’s excited and impassioned by those that are largely dissimilar to her, which immediately excludes Yamaken.

His rejection is certainly inevitable, but yet another confession from Yamaken, despite his initial failure earlier in the story, primarily appears to be an unnecessary desire from Robico to cheaply placate the litany of his fans, much to the detriment of his perpetually weak characterization. Hopefully this rejection will actually result in some development for Yamaken, since his near-constant and childish arrogance (with only a few interruptions of basic decency) is an extremely repetitious and dull character flaw. I do, however, believe it to be unlikely, since wholly rectifying his character would certainly require a considerably lengthier story. It would be prudent and realistic for Shizuku to reject him harshly and quickly, but since this will likely represent the conclusion of Yamaken’s development in the narrative, he’ll almost certainly receive a far more considerate and well-mannered response than his devious character deserves, unfortunately.
Aug 1, 2014 11:33 AM

Dec 2012
Lulexiaa said:
Why are these chapters soo mofo short ; ___ ;

gosh... Haru is the sweetest guy ever T.T
Aug 13, 2015 8:46 AM

Jul 2015
Tsuyu_no_Inochi said:
I enjoyed this episode and was glad Shizuku and Haru made up. Yamaken is waaayyy out-of-line; rest assured, he is no expert on love and relationships. I agree that it's time for Shizuku to put him out of his misery.

Actually, I don't dislike Yamaken, I think he is a great side character, but then, the entire series has great sides (I can't think of one person I don't like). However, I don't think he has put in the effort (unlike Haru) to have a relationship with Shizuku.

Looking forward to more Natsume/Sasayana, Oshima needs to find a man of her own and I wouldn't mind seeing Shizuku's mom make an appearance soon. That child needs some guidance.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Chapter 44 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2013

31 by TheOfficialPasta »»
Jan 29, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Chapter 33 Discussion

InfiniteDestiny - Sep 20, 2012

7 by TheOfficialPasta »»
Jan 29, 1:46 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Chapter 30 Discussion

13man18 - Jul 4, 2012

16 by TheOfficialPasta »»
Jan 29, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Chapter 31 Discussion

13man18 - Jul 21, 2012

11 by Melinka »»
Sep 20, 2023 2:01 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Chapter 52 Discussion

Barion-Zara - Jul 26, 2014

42 by waalex11 »»
Sep 18, 2023 8:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.